Start by marking “i am... The Muse Poet (Beauty in the Darkness, book 2)” as Want to Read:
i am... The Muse Poet (Beauty in the Darkness, book 2)

i am... The Muse Poet (Beauty in the Darkness, book 2)

4.88  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
The Muse Poet is a collection of poems I’ve written over the course of several years. They reflect my happy moments, lustful desires, deepest secrets, and darkest thoughts…these words are the essence of me; they are my soul.

Many of the poems have been inspired by the words of my muse, Shelby James. She is the voice inside of me that puts the words to my emotions. Within t
Published July 30th 2016 by Brooke Lee, Author

To ask other readers questions about i am... The Muse Poet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about i am... The Muse Poet

Sassy Southern
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a series of poems written by the author as she is writing as one of her characters, Shelby James.

The poems are divided into three sections, each relating to a different stage that Shelby was going through in her life.

I absolutely loved the poems, some resonating deeper with me than others but the writing itself is beautiful.

Rebecca Austin
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-sassy

I loved Valentines Promise with a new love and the promise of a relationship and the poem Torture dealt with the pain of losing someone. While the poem Sugar & Spice was a naughty poem that was hot!

One of the poems that resonated that deepest for me personally was For Once in My Life because as a single mom I often wonder if I will find love and that second chance to bring someone sp
Shannon
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the poetry written by Brooke Lee. I felt like each piece has given me a little more insight into her talented mind. They range from light and happy to dark and sad. There are even some that are quite titillating.

I give I am...The Muse Poet 4 stars.

*I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Janine Peta
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be exceptional - loved every word. The most beautiful and thought provoking poetry I have ever read. At times I felt so moved by Brooke's words and other times I felt that she was writing about me. The feelings within are so real. I will read over and over as I absorb and enjoy it all again.
Victoria B
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I already knew author Brooke Lee as a great writer after reading book 1 I Am ShelbyJames but did not know how much of an amazing poet she is also. This book of poetry written by the author has some deep thought provoking poems, some light-hearted poems and a few that will remind you of ShelbyJames herself if you have read book 1 (which if you haven't you really should). Overall a great read.
Karen Wilson
Apr 07, 2017
Kathy Taylor
May 10, 2017
Karen Wilson
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This a book of beautifully crafted poetry by a very talented poet and author.
Her writing reminds me of Emily Dickens and Elizabeth Bishop. It is soft and sensual:
"I heard a whisper in the trees
A song in the wind
And I smiled
From Song in the Wind"

And strong and erotic:
"I want to turn away from this intimate moment
But I cannot
I find myself longing to be a part of their passion
To feel their hands on me"
From Voyeur

Good poetry is a vanishing art and I am so happy that Brooke Lee has taking it in ha
Raven Rose-Author
Jul 20, 2016
Brooke Lee
Jul 21, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Penny Layne
Jim Wanner
May 16, 2017
Steph's Rom Book Talk
Oct 05, 2017
Growing up, Brooke’s mother instilled a deep respect for the English language and a love of words. She taught Brooke to read and write and shared her appreciation for poetry. As a teen, poetry became an outlet for Brooke’s innermost thoughts and deepest, often times darkest feelings.

In school, teachers always told her “write what you know”, so that is what she did. At the not so tender age of fort