Start by marking “Between Embers (Lost Kings MC, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Between Embers (Lost Kings MC, #5.5)

Between Embers

(Lost Kings MC #5.5)

Find out what the other guys were up to during Rock and Hope's wedding.

Contains three short stories.
Murphy
Teller
Z
Published July 2016

To ask other readers questions about Between Embers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between Embers

Start your review of Between Embers (Lost Kings MC, #5.5)
Liz
description

Between Embers is a delightful treat with three short stories featuring Teller and Mariella, Murphy Heidi and Axel, and Z and Lilly! Anyone who is a fan of the LOKI must read this extra slice of delight! While Rock and Heidi are preparing for their wedding, the LOKI is alive with action, romance, and of course drama. As the MC brothers adjust to the addition of an Ol' Lady, each character braces for change and finds solace in each other.

Told in multiple POV, Between Embers showcases intimate moments betwee
NAT.orious reads ☽
3 in-between ★★★✩✩
This book is for you if… you are convinced you need to know everything about the lokiverse that is to know and don't expect too much.

⤐Overall.
I did find this slightly uneventful. It did one thing for me, though: I am now totally hooked on getting to know Teller closer. I had this thing for him ever since I started the Loki Journey and my bibliophilic sense tells me his story is gonna be very special to me.

I do only recommend this book to those who really really want to know every
Malene
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would recommend to read White Heat before reading Between Embers.
These three short stories of Teller, Murphy and Z were great. I loved White Heat so it was fun to see what the other members of LOKI were during during Rock and Hope's wedding. I'm definitely interested in all of them and they each have something that appeals to me. Not only were the POV's of the three men but also of Heidi, Mariella and Lilly. Even though it was short it was very entertaining and made me remember why I lov
Shawna  Wood (A Girl and Her Books)
I Can't tell you how much I love these short stories from the Lost Kings universe. I don't think I'll ever get tired of reading about these bada**ss bikers and the ladies they love!

Teller Short Story - What can I say about Teller, other then he has been a big mystery. I've always felt like there is something special about Teller and he has the ability to steal my heart from Z (shh, dont' tell) and I loved this story. We finally get to see a glimpse of Teller we have never seen. All I
Read Between the Screens
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love when an Author gives you a sneaky release while you are waiting for her next book in one of your favorite series! This little companion is packed full of three short stories: Teller, Murphy and Z.

Teller. We get to know Teller a bit better! He is a Mother’s Hen over his (not so) baby sister, Heidi. He is also the only one that Mariella (the new clubhouse housekeeper/cook) trusts. I can’t wait to see where this leads!! Teller has his issues, “Women leave or disappoint you eventually”, but
Johnnie-Marie Howard
Shelves: r2r
I loved this story from start to finish, Not my first time reading this authors work and it wont be my last time either. The way she got 3 couples together to tell a small part of their story just blew my mind not only that but from reading this I'm hoping for more from Teller, Z and Sparky he would be a great one to get to know. The writing is much the same as the others, laugh out loud fun, emotions high. The characters are all amazing and really great to know. This is a MUST READ from start t ...more
Rachel
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great tease for this series. The author did a great job of showing enough insight into different situations with sets of characters to build up future books. I am chomping at the bit to get Murphy, Heidi, and Axel's story and this short story was like smelling the fajitas at the next table at a restaurant. I can almost taste their story, but it's not in my hands yet! I'm also looking forward to seeing more from Teller and where his story will go. Z and Lilly keep showing up in the little ...more
Heroesinbooks
Oh this is so, so , so good. If you haven't read the series you really should because you're missing out BIG TIME.Also, this book won't make much sense if you don't know the guys from LOKI yet.
Fantastic quick read set on Rock and Hope''s wedding day, seen from Teller, Z's and Murphy's pov. I think Z just stole a bit of my heart from Rock.
I am desperate to read More Than Miles, which tells Murphy, Axel and Heidi's story.
Basically I am an MC addict and the Lost Kings are my Kindl
Colleen Marie
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful segue to the next full length book due out on August 16 (More Than Miles (Lost Kings MC #6). I love this type of book that fills us in about what was happening during a major event. I wanted to know what was going on with Murphy, Teller, and Z. I'm so excited for the upcoming book and also for Teller's book, and Z's book. Looks like Lily is going to be a tough nut to crack!

Team Murphy or Axel.....I was in the middle about this but I'm now on Team Murphy after reading about
Tanya
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW, THIS WAS SO GOOD. I LOVE THE INSIGHT TO WHAT EACH MEMBER WAS DOING DURING THE WEDDING.
WE GET TO SEE MORE OF TELLER, AND THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO TELLER, HE IS DEEP AND HAS THE HEART I LOVE. I CANT WAIT TO SEE WHERE THINGS GO WITH HIM AND MARIELLA.
MURPHY.....OH MURPHY AND HEIDI. THERE IS SO MUCH LONGING AND GROWING FEELINGS BETWEEN THESE TWO. AND SOME VERY SWEET MOMENTS, I DONT WANT TO RUIN IN MY REVIEW, BUT MURPHY MELTED ME, AND AXEL CRACKED ME UP WITH HIS RESPONSE TO ONE OF THE MOME
Daniele
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Between Embers; this book was aptly named! Readers, you will not be disappointed.

In this approximately 25,000 word book, readers get further insight into several favorite characters. This mainly includes Teller, Murphy and Z, but we're also given the experience of more Heidi, Lilly and Mariella.

I truly cannot get enough of this author and these characters. I'm anxiously awaiting the next book; More Than Miles.

I have a many takeaways, but will mention a few. It seems that Teller has mixed feel
Amber
What a great "bonus" read that gives a little more insight into the minds of three sexy bad ass bikers of the Lost Kings MC. There's a teaser story of Murphy and Heidi which I loved and got me wondering who Autumn Jones Lake will pick to be Heidi's first? LOL! Murphy? Axel? Or maybe someone else? In Teller's story I was a bit surprised that he still had some doubts about Hope's sincerity when it came to how she felt about the club and it's members and if she was going to remain genuine after the ...more
Iza
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Short but getting insight on how the other characters were feeling and what they were doing, during the hoopla for the King and Queen's wedding was awesome! Feels like we got to know the characters more.

I certainly want more Z & Lilly, am also waiting on more Teller! I already got my fill of Murphy, Heidi and Axel because I got to read the ARC - forever grateful.

I rarely give 5 stars to a novella, but there you go. Many thanks to the author for the copy given in exchange for my h
Tracy
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this novella!!!
3 short stories that are all linked into book 5 White Heat on Rock and Hope's wedding day...
Teller, Murphy and Zero help to fill in a few little gaps as to what happened from their POV's and how they felt about certain situations!!!
A brilliant insight for fans of the amazing LOST KINGS MC series...
Autumn has brought everything together and made the craving for this series... Even more so... And i can't wait for the next book and more exci
Jo Volk
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Autumn Jones Lake just whets your appetite for more. More Murphy, more Z, more Teller!
These 3 short stories gives us an insight into what some of these other members of the Lost Kings MC got up to around the time of the wedding of Hope and Rock.
As usual these stories only made me want more! Book 5.5 of the series gives a more lighthearted look into these characters, with the promise of so much more.
Loved it!
Ashley
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
3 short stories of the events going on from Teller, Mariella, Murphy, Heidi, Z and Lilly's point of view during the day of Rock and Hope's wedding. It begins the morning of the wedding and ends at breakfast time the next day. I loved all 3 stories but the one I loved the most was Z and Lilly's. They finally have a serious conversation about making thing exclusive. Autumn another great book of short stories. Can't wait for more great books to come!
Susan
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mc-read, favorites
Loved it. Such a great start to many more books to come. Great to read about old favorites & see the different perspective on Rock & Hope's wedding. Can't wait to see what is up w/Murphy, Z & Teller. Also love that Teller still has a little crush on Trinity but too respectful to Wrath. Nice to read instead of him just being over her that quickly.
ruby missey
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!! All the behind the scenes on Murphy, z, and teller were fantastic. Made for a more well-rounded and fuller story of rock and hopes wedding. And the excerpt from more than miles at the end made me smile like crazy!!
Ginny Frost
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. Any book in the LOKI world is usually wonderful. I love that these short story collections tease the reader about the upcoming books. I can't wait to finish the series!
Kim
Aug 02, 2016 added it
Shelves: mc
This was a quick look into what was going on with other folks during Rock and Hope's wedding. A fun short read that had me wanting more Teller, as well as Z and Lily. Still not real sure about Lily at times but it was a much better look at her feelings for Z.....and what assholes the other chapters really are, just saying. lol!

I plead the fifth on my thoughts of the others this featured. :-)
Alison Chewning
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
What great additional bonus to Lost Kings series. This was another great book by this author. The stories were wonderful and it was great to see all the boys again for another short sweet story. It was great to read about Teller, Z and of course Murphy in which I can't wait for his book. Loved this short stories novel can't wait for more of these sexy bikers again in the near future.
AussieMum
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Re-read September 2018

Original review
This series rocks!!! Such an awesome fully realised world and I love these extra glimpses into it. #TeamMurphy can't wait for the next one.
Maria Angie Mendoza
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I devoured Between Embers! A quick, fast paced, hard to put down read that was extremely satisfying!! Sexy, funny, and more insight into MY favorite couple beside Rock and Hope!
The wedding between Rick and Hope sure had a lot of action!
Momma Hellmouth
Behind the scenes, Hotness....Review to Come,
Amber
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Short but sweet I loved seeing what Teller,Murphy and Z were up to during and after the wedding I can't wait to read more!
dasm
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOST KINGS MC (SERIES) by AUTUMN JONES LAKE

I will start my review of this series by apologizing to Autumn Jones Lake! I started this series and haven't read anything else since! It's that good!! Because I wouldn't stop reading to write any reviews, I will try to do your books justice by reviewing the whole series. I have no idea what you call the construction style you used to tell these phenomenal stories of these couples but I am IMPRESSED!

This series is fantastic! Yes,
Kristen Lindtvedt
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Wonderfully Heartfelt Literary Side Trip...

“Between Embers" is the second novella featuring three short stories from the Lost Kings MC (LOKI) world (hence the 5.5 series volume designation).  It is another wonderful literary side trip by author Autumn Jones Lake that further explores the stories of Teller, Murphy, and Zero.

Here, using the snapshot in time of Rock and Hope's wedding day, Lake focuses on the budding yet turbulent relationships between, Teller and Mariella, Murphy
Brandi
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mc-bikers
Once again, so glad I went back to read these novellas because I would've missed out on some juicy details!

Murphy & Heidi... Why'd he have to go & f*ck up even more with Heidi? Dude, it would've been totally acceptable to un-invite Serena to the wedding via text. Why the f*ck would you invite her anyways?! *smh* Oh, well... at least I know the outcome of all this angst already. #LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

Hands down, the best damn part of this novella was Z & Lil
Charlotte Isaac
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-books
I absolutely love this book. I love how we got to see what the others got up to during the wedding. These are short stories.

We get to know about what Teller was up to during wedding. He is a great guy.

We get to know more about Murphy and Heidi. This one made me laugh, and smile a lot. Even though think Murphy was a idiot.

We got to see what happens between Lilly and Z. It is so sweet, and loved how they interact.

I cannot wait for more.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Love, Loyalty & Mayhem: A Motorcycle Club Romance Anthology
  • Vexed (Iron Bulls MC #4)
  • Unhinged (Iron Bulls MC #5)
  • Entwined (Iron Bulls MC, #3)
  • Disconnect (Iron Bulls MC #2)
  • Asunder (Iron Bulls MC #1)
  • Down & Dirty: Dex (Dirty Angels MC, #8)
  • Gus (Satan's Fury MC-Memphis #6)
  • King: The Epilogue Collection (Sydney Storm MC Book 7)
  • Cooper (Savage Kings MC #10)
  • Down & Dirty: Linc (Dirty Angels MC, #9)
  • Zach (Hell's Handlers MC, #1)
  • Copper (Hell's Handlers MC #4)
  • Reece (Savage Kings MC #7)
  • Down & Dirty: Books 1-3 (Dirty Angels MC #1-3)
  • Hurricane Hearts
  • Sax (Savage Kings MC #9)
  • MC Chronicles: The Diary of Bink Cummings Shorts #4
Autumn is the author of the popular Lost Kings MC series. She prefers to write her romances on the classier side of dirty, and she's a sucker for a filthy-talking, demanding alpha male hero. The bigger the better.

Her past lives include baking cookies, slinging shoes, and practicing law. She's an active member of her local chapter of Romance Writers of America.

Autumn was born and raise

Lost Kings MC (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Slow Burn (Lost Kings MC, #1)
  • Corrupting Cinderella (Lost Kings MC, #2)
  • Strength from Loyalty (Lost Kings MC, #3)
  • Tattered on My Sleeve (Lost Kings MC, #4)
  • White Heat (Lost Kings MC, #5)
  • More Than Miles (Lost Kings MC, #6)
  • White Knuckles (Lost Kings MC, #7)
  • Beyond Reckless (Lost Kings MC, #8)
  • Beyond Reason (Lost Kings MC, #9)
  • After Burn (Lost Kings MC, #10)