Start by marking “Serenading the Shadows (Lightning Strikes #1)” as Want to Read:
Serenading the Shadows (Lightning Strikes #1)

Serenading the Shadows

(Lightning Strikes #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  251 ratings  ·  65 reviews
There's nothing, not anymore.
No perfect life.
No clear path.
Just...nothing.

I didn't want the life my parents mapped out for me. Being the piano prodigy was never my goal. It was theirs.
I craved normalcy, a life of my own.
I should have been careful what I wished for because one second, one moment of anger was all it took to rip away everything that mattered.

Now I'm left
Published (first published November 10th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Serenading the Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Serenading the Shadows

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Serenading the Shadows (Lightning Strikes #1)
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 's

This book starts off with a very traumatic event that causes Adrienne to be in a tailspin for the next ten years. Fortunately for her, her best friend, Quinn, is always there bringing her into the light when she desperately needs it.

And Quinn is also responsible for Adrienne not only meeting Kade but for setting things in motion. Yes, there is insta-lust but Kade's an up and coming rock god so who can blame her.

One of the best things was the way these two "talked" to each other through
Amy
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 incredibly swoon worthy stars!!

“Live for today. Live for tomorrow. Just live.”

“Something changed the moment I saw you, and I knew then that you were special. I want to learn everything about you, but you’ve got to meet me halfway.” “Don’t shut me out before I can even get in.”

“I don’t want to crash and burn, but when I’m around Kade, all I can think about is the fall.”

This is one of those books that will have you kicking yourself, wondering why you haven’t read anything by this author before.
Coco.V
Jul 25, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (7/25/2018)!

Blurb:
There's nothing, not anymore.
No perfect life.
No clear path.
Just...nothing.

I craved normalcy, a life of my own.

Now I'm left with nothing but regret.

He thinks he can save me, but the shadows that surround always
Anne OK
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
Heartbreaker from the word go -- and although I have compassion for Adrienne's tragic past, her drama-rama that she carried on for years was just a tad too much. Enter Kade, the rock star and truly exceptional leading man and my heart was lost to him. A man of much patience and understanding -- this love story took on a beauty of its own. I loved these characters together and the musical inclusion into their relationship was perhaps some of the best yet.

A new-t0-me-author with the beginning of
Ally.Always.Reads
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars.
I’m in a country mood with my reading at the moment so it took a little bit to actually get into this one. Once I did, I enjoyed it.
Kade is all alpha and sexy with his possessiveness but still all sweet and cuddly with Adrienne.

The thing I didn’t like was at times I felt the inner thoughts and dialogue was a little immature. I mean, she’s supposed to be my age so I was kind of comparing her thoughts and speech with mine... which I shouldn’t do because I’m basically an 80 year old
Beth
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Touching Romance Incorporating Memorable Music

Serenading the Shadows by Jodie Larson is not your typical rock star-themed romance. The author takes this premise and incorporates music to tell the couple's story as the book progresses. I loved that about this story. If you look at the author's playlist for this book, it tells the story of Adrienne and Kade -- the ups, the downs and the transformation of each character as they progress in their relationship.

Adrienne has experienced a tragedy
Samantha
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
4.5 Stars

I’m a huge fan of books that involve music, so when I read the synopsis of Serenading the Shadows I couldn’t wait to read it. Let me tell you, it did not disappointed. This book was filled with so much emotion, tension, a little bit of angst, and a whole lot of steamy moments. Kade and Adrienne’s story was heart wrenchingly beautiful to watch play out. How Adrienne expressed herself to Kade through music, was one of the most beautiful things. You can’t help but to have your heart break
Lorie
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

Even though the heroine seemed to be more whiny and annoying than hurting and scarred, I couldn't put this down. Know why???? KADE. OMG. That man is just so magnetic and sexy and downright yummy.
Lisa.T.H
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A deliciously sweet & slow burn romance with a herione Adrienne you route for but also want shake & say "get it together!" and the hero Kade, well he's jst sinfully sexy!
Shelby (Book Lovers Have More Fun)
description

Earlier this year I read a book called, Lessons of the Heart by an author I've never heard of before. Afterwards started my love of Jodie Larson.

I normally don't read books about rock stars anymore since Kellan Kyle has pretty much ruined me for all others. But since Serenading Shadows was written by Jodie I HAD to read it.

I thought it was a great book with the right amount of everything. I laughed-out-loud from Quinn and Adrienne's friendship. I had stars in my eyes caused by Kade. And I cried
AnessaRenee Reviews
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you happen upon a book that you know is going to stay with you. This story gripped my heart and didn't let go. Adrienne is such a complicated character but you find yourself wanting to know everything about her. She lives in the past or should I say she is barely living. Her life is riddled with guilt and because of that she truly doesn't allow herself to live at all. If it weren't for her friend Quinn she most likely wouldn't be. I loved Quinn she is the type of friend everyone needs ...more
Ashley Berry
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, arc, rockers
Oh, sweet Kade! This is one hero you will fall completely in love with! Loved how he was with Adrienne. Such a great heartfelt novel, with some steamy moments. Loved their banter & how music plays such a huge part in the delivery of their story.
Megan Green
Sep 24, 2016 added it
Shelves: read-2016
Review to come closer to release! Rock star fans...mark your calendars for this one!
Kathy Aronoff
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Pianist prodigy Adrienne Carmichael can't forget the tragic events of 10 years ago that strips her of a future she was supposed to have. Best friend Quinn has been through it all with her and decides to pull Adrienne out of her latest funk and they head out to the Warehouse where Adrienne bartends on her night off
Kade Evans lead singer of the band Lightening Strikes takes one look at Adrienne and it's game over for him
Kade is someone every woman from 18 to 81 would be head over heels for besides
BookLover
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When tragedy turns into something amazing and inspiring, it is an amazing read. The author takes this awful, heart breaking tragedy and creates a character you can feel her emotions. My heart broke for her on so many occasions when reading this book. She weaves the heartbreak and second chances together to make a masterpiece that will leave you begging for more.

Adrienne is this female character that has been through so much in her life. She is trying to overcome the past, but it consumes her.
Adrienne has a horrific past, that she blames herself for. She is punishing herself, and can't move forward. It seems that she feels like she doesn't deserve to be happy, that she has to spend her life alone. It makes the tragedy that much worse, because it just won't let her go.

Kade is an up and coming Rocker, who falls for Adrienne as soon as he sets eyes on her. He knows what he wants, and will do whatever it takes to make it happen. He is determined to see where the connection can lead,
Elizabeth
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: rencity
I can definitely see why people love this book, but I'm not one of them. I should have known by the description this book wasn't for me. Yes, the book is written well, but I feel there is a little lack of character development when it comes to Kade. Compared to all we learn about Adrienne, we really learn nothing about Kade. It's insta-love for our male lead and our female lead is so stuck in her head due to past tragedy. It's a bit melodramatic, and Kade's possessive tendencies are borderline ...more
Brandie Breaux
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved all of the characters in this book especially Kade. I'm a sucker for a "bad boy rocker", which is how Kade was originally portrayed. I'm so glad that he turned out to be so much more...he was definitely another Kellan Kyle for me. Adrienne was someone that I think I could get along with in real life...I loved how relatable she was even in moments that you really wanted to dislike her. Her story was full of loss, which scared her to allow love in when Kade comes along. I loved watching ...more
Dawn Guidry
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
As a reader, it is very frustrating when you see so much potential in a story that fails to develop into anything. Adrienne and Kade could have been something great if she had just chosen to deal with her issues and fears instead of ignoring them or hiding behind them. I don't blame Kade for being frustrated. He should have left her long before he did in my opinion. He gave everything to and for her, and she couldn't even bring herself to tell him how she felt about him. Too much unnecessary ...more
Mary Mccormack
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is about healing from the past while actually deciding if you want to survive it. Can he help to show her a light to a future or will she just continue to think it is an approaching train? This ok gets super dark at times as the shadows creep in. On stage public actions are not thought out as thoroughly as they should be and it makes you question secrets left hidden. Definitely a good book if you can survive the journey.
K.  Ramjohn
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Serenading the Shadows is a insta-love romance. This story had lots of emotion and some steamy scenes. I started this novel and I adored Kade instantly. He was the perfect man and it show with his actions towards Adrianne. However Adrianne took some getting use to as she was a bit annoying at times. I must say though that I loved how she faced up to her issues and dealt with it head on. This was a good read.
Cori Mcgowen
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

A heartwarming rock star romance, different than most of this genre and I loved it for that. Adrienne was so broken from the trauma suffered when she was a teenager, Kade was the absolute perfect book boyfriend. How could you not adore him and his love for her, he knew that she loved him and fought hard enough for both when he knew she couldn't. But in the end it took them both fighting for their love and it was amazing to read! Especially seeing the ending.
Carol
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book that I have read from this author and it won't be the last. I loved this book it pulls you in makes you feel a part of it. It is full of emotions. Adrienne had a tragedy when she was 15 an d has never gotten over it. She lives inside herself. She meets Kade and wants to come out and live but she is afraid. For Kade she is it he will do anything to get her out of her shell and live life again, to make her his. I recommend this book to all. A must read.
Jodie Hinnen
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite of Jodie's So Far!

I fell in love with this book right from the beginning. I love how it was based in Missouri, because I live in Missouri. I loved the songs from the books, many have been my favorites for years. And Kade, wow...Kade. His passion rose from the pages and made me weak in the knees. I'm never very good at getting my thoughts down for reviews...but I loved this book!!
Cat
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an absolutely spellbinding story by Jodie Larson,
Kade and Adrienne touched a melody to my heart. You instantly fall in Love with Kade he is a Rockstar you will completely swoon over. He is everything you want in a hero.
I really enjoyed and loved this book, emotionally compelling and heart stoppingly beautiful.
This is a must read that I highly recommend.
Samantha
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bookcase
This book. OMG. It blew me away. I knew when I read the synopsis, I was going to enjoy it but wow this book blew my expectations out of the water! Adrienne is such a strong person even though she can't see it and Kade is amazing when it comes to loving Adrienne and taking care of her. This book is amazing, I highly recommend you read it!
Stefanie
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ditto

I really enjoyed this book. Love reading books about groups of people who have each others backs. The best of friends. This was an emotion filled book. Overcoming heartache from a tragic accident was difficult for Adrienne but with Quinn and Kade she made it through it. I also love that it was set in Kansas City MO. I am from KC.
Joanne Coughlin
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my inauguration into Jodi's world!!

And it was fantastic! I absolutely loved this book! The characters, the storyline, and all the feels!! Oh my the feeks!! So fluidly well written. I am definitely a fan and plan on continuing with the Series!!! Tonight!; Definitely a must read!!
Amy Malek concepcion
This book had a lot of my favorite things, a SAF rocker being at the top of that list. Kade was everything I love in a BBF. (Although there was a little instalove going on on his end.) Their story was sweet and of course I loved all the music references throughout the storyline. I can’t wait to see what else is in store for Lightning Strikes.
Nikki Swope
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was just so sweet. Adrienne is so wrapped up in he guilt that she is not living until she meets Kade. Kade won’t let her hide from him and pushes her outside of her comfort zone until she realizes she doesn’t want to be alone anymore. This was a quick read but it was great with amazing characters and I’m excited to read the rest of the series.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Another Sky
  • The Perfect Comeback
  • Rebel Heart
  • Detour
  • The Invisible Thread (The Unbreakable Thread, #2)
  • Waking Up Married
  • Hold Still (A Hold Series Spin-off #2)
  • Best of Me
  • Needing Nevaeh (Rockers' Legacy, #2)
  • Broken Lyric (Meltdown Series #2)
  • For One Night
  • Fractured Beat (Meltdown #1)
  • Unraveled
  • Weather the Storm (Southern Roots, #3)
  • Sinful Protector (Roughshod Rollers MC Book 2)
  • Paper, Scissors, Rock (Rock Games, #1)
  • The Power to Break (The Unbreakable Thread, #1)
  • Hunter
Reading is a passion of mine. My love for the written word was rekindled a few years ago, and it's been a blessing to discover everything that is out there. I love a good romantic book, one filled with swoon-worthy heroes and the women who drive them crazy. There aren't too many genres I won't read (sorry horror and scary stories, you still give me nightmares). As long as it drags me into the ...more

Lightning Strikes (4 books)
  • Notes of the Past (Lightning Strikes, #2)
  • Forbidden Lyrics (Lightning Strikes, #3)
  • Downbeat (Lightning Strikes, #4)
“I don’t care about fame and fortune. Not anymore. Do you know why I do this? Why I put myself out there every night? I do it for you. I do it so I can start making a life for us because you are my future. Not this crap. You are what I want in my life.” He grabs my hands, holding them against his heart. “My priorities have changed. You take center stage.” 1 likes