Start by marking “From This Moment On (Windswept Bay, #1)” as Want to Read:
From This Moment On (Windswept Bay, #1)

From This Moment On

(Windswept Bay #1)

Hurt by her failed marriage and dashed dreams, Cali Sinclair returns home to Windswept Bay with her heart wary and closed to the dreams of true love she so desperately wanted. Determined to never again risk her heart, she throws herself into running the familys small boutique resort on the Florida coast, a place so full of romance that its a reminder every day of what she ...more
Published July 12th 2016 by DCP Publishing

To ask other readers questions about From This Moment On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From This Moment On

Start your review of From This Moment On (Windswept Bay, #1)
Brittany
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet story this was! At the beginning of the book, we see two wounded people who are just doing their best to get by from day to day. Both Cali and Grant carry burdens of guilt and lost hope. Even though their emotional obstacles come from very different events in their lives, they each could use a fresh start. And that is definitely what they get in From This Moment On.

I really enjoyed this first book of the Windswept Bay series. Grant and Cali had great chemistry and romantic tension.
Kathy
Cali was deeply hurt by her failed marriage and is trying to get her life back in order by returning to her hometown and help make her family resort a success. One of her plans is to get the famous painter, Grant Ellington, to paint some murals at the hotel. She doesn't plan on how charming Grant is and how persistent he is in tearing down her walls. Grant is going through his own trials and meeting Cali is a breath of fresh air and has given him hope to find his own happiness again.

Overall,
Clare O'Beara
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet romance story set on a beach resort island in Florida. The owner of a family-run hotel has asked a famous mural artist to come and paint murals for her, hoping to attract tourists. The man is somewhat stressed after a plane accident but accepts. The lady is recovering from her own stressful divorce. I particularly like that one of the family works in a sea turtle rescue centre and we get to learn about why turtles may need help and what problems they face. (With an extract from ...more
Coco.V
Jun 23, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (6/23/2018)!💝
Bhriv
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
From this Moment On, written by Debra Clopton, is the first book in the WIndswept Bay series.

I struggled to connect at the beginning of this book...figuring out who was in the Sinclair family and the roles that they played in each others lives and in the small boutique resort that they operated on the island in Florida. Once I figured it out, the pages whipped by and the story grew better as I connected. This story is mainly introducing us to a few of the Sinclair family, but focuses on Cali
Shelly
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is one of those books where I'm wondering why the ratings are so high. It was just a really bland book. Nothing was exciting. Not the characters or plot. Honestly, I'm probably being a little generous giving it a 2.
Deana Dick
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing

The moment you open a new book with anticipation and feel chills as you start the first chapter and begin to find yourself there with the characters is special. Not many writers can capture that feeling for a reader but this author has an amazing way to open your eyes to a new adventure with words that skip across the pages with gusto. I am honored that I was able to read From This Moment On and thankful that there is more to come from this inspiring series.

Cali is a very smart young woman who
Judy
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
From This Moment On by Debra Clopton
Windswept Bay Series Book One
Grant Ellington is stepping out of his reclusive state after six months. After a plane crash that took the lives of two of his friends, he stayed on his ranch. Keeping his feet on solid ground. Until now. His friend and neighbor asked a favor of him. To paint some murals for his sisters' resort. He'd said yes, not knowing if he could still use his talents or not.

Cali Sinclair was happy working with two of her sisters at their
Jean Oram
A fun and light romp. Two people come together and overcome their pasts while falling in love in the beautiful Windswept Bay. A sweet and clean romance that will surely appeal to many.
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
They both have sufferer emotional trauma and find it hard to put their hearts on the line. After her failed marriage Cali never expects to find herself in that place again For Grant he walked away from a plane crash where he lost his best friend and the pilot. What started out as a request for a friend turns into the possibility for a second chance at love and living. Will they be able to leave the past behind and move forward from this moment on? This touching story will have you cheering for ...more
Leah
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick, sweet romance. I liked the setting and the MCs. An island resort off the coast of Florida sounds lovely. The only thing I didn't like was the bit about the sick sea turtles.
Elizabeth Buckner
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Good

I liked it, but it ended a bit quickly for men. I also like more development in character type stories, though both characters seem to help each other.
Nancy Ahyee
Sep 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
The premise was ok, but....

The premise was ok, but this is written almost like a teenager would write about love. It's too idealized. You see these characters fall in love without really dating, and there's no real conflict between them. Also, some of the descriptions and writing just made me roll my eyes.

"Big sis, you're in a dither." No one addresses their older sister directly as "big sis," and I don't know anyone of a young age who uses the phrase " you're in a dither."

"But Cali had kept
Nicole
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook, romance
Nice premise but I was not impressed by the writing. There were clumsy sentences due to a mixture of over telling the details and grammatical errors. Incorrect words were also in evidence : And Shar, Jillian and Olivia are triplets but Jillian and Olivia are paternal so they look alike, though age has brought slight differences. Shar is one of a kind. (P92). While she might have meant fraternal, the word Clopton needed was identical. Also, clamoring down the scaffold (p129), springs to mind. The ...more
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
What a sweet and romantic novella! I love seeing two characters that have been through painful pasts start to come together and grow past their fears. I also enjoy seeing characters that defy stereotypes. Enter Grant, strong and masculine cowboy.....who also happens to be an artist of the sea! It's little things like this that authors put in their stories that bring a smile to my face.

I felt the characters were completely relatable in this story, however I almost felt as if Cali warmed up to
Barbara
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First I will say this is my first book by Debra Clopton and it wont be the last. Im so glad that this book is the first of a series Windswept Bay because I didnt want it to end. The author did a great job of describing Windswept Bay. I live just north of St. Pete and know there isnt a real Windswept Bay, but I was ready to jump in the car and drive down it sounded so nice. The characters were well written and true to life. Also, this is a sweet romance so its great to read something without bad ...more
Rachel DeVaughn
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cali Sinclair works on the Florida coast at her family's resort called Windswept Bay. She is caring but serious ever since she went thru an emotionally damaging divorce.

Grant is a successful painter but he can't seem to get past his survivor guilt from his plane crash. His friend Cam, Cali's brother, asks Grant to visit his family's resort and paint some murals for them.

Cali and Grant are immediately attracted to each other but both have some serious emotional troubles hindering them from
Elizabeth
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
From This Moment On ( Windswept Bay Book #1 )
By: Debra Clopton

From This Moment On is book one in Windswept Bay series. I really enjoyed From This Moment On by Debra Clopton. This is one of those books that once you start reading you do not want to put it down. Clopton drew me in right from the start. The story is about two hearts that have been wounded and are struggling find a cure. Cali had a failed marriage and returns to Windswept Bay on the coast of Florida to be with her family and start
Angi
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily writing an honest review.

Grant is trying to move on with his life after an airplane crash that took his friends' lives. Cali runs a resort with her sisters and is trying to recover from a painful divorce. Cali needs help to draw more visitors to the resort and Grant is the solution. Despite Cali's impression that Grant is just a cowboy, he is a world renowned artist. As he works to help the resort, Cali's presence helps him to start to move
Alyssa
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
I did not enjoy this serious insta-romance. The two main characters had some serious hurts, like divorce, betrayal, loss of friends, PTSD. But none of those things really mattered once the two MCs met each other. By glossing over their pasts, it made the characters completely one dimensional and then I don't invest in them or the story much.
Honestly I only decided to read this one because I wasn't sure what to read next and it was short. It was a breezy way to pass the time, and I still
Kimberly C. Winslow
Sep 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Not bad but not great either.

Not a whole lot of substance to this book. Backgrounds were just hinted at but we are supposed to understand and get behind out heroine with very little detail of what she endured. This is more of a surface read with nothing deep or meaningful. Not a book I will remember a week from now.
Rose Baker
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Okay

Story line was pretty good. Characters needed more development, though. Also, way to wordy and verrrry repetitive. The story would have been wonderful with more thought put into the characters and a lot less verbiage.
Joan
Oct 18, 2016 rated it did not like it
Dnf at 48 %. There was no tension or plot to keep me engaged. The writing was too wordy to pull me into the story. I want realistic dialogue, and a lot less of the utterly implausible insta-love/lust that is now everywhere. This was like candy floss, all promise and no substance.
Robin Dix
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved this book. Very sweet and entertaining. I highly recommend this book if you want a quick fun read!
Jana
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet story of 2 people struggling with tragedy and heartache in their past. When they meet, the sparks fly and their healing begins.
Nan Wolf
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great story

This was a well written story. It told a romantic story and has a HEA. I enjoyed reading this book .
Sonja
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Debra Clopton's books. From This Moment on is full of beautiful landscaping, faith, family, and love. Garth and Cali both need to overcome the past. Great book!!
Victoria
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
Roy Murry
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
FROM THIS MOMENT
DEBRA CLOPTON

Review by Author Roy Murry

Grant arrives in Windswept Bay. He meets Cali Sinclair, one of the owners of the resort. He is to paint a few murals.

It is a setup neither Grant nor Cali comprehend at the moment they meet. Sparks fly when they enjoy the beauty and sound of the oceanfront resort and journeys around the area so that he can get inspiration for the murals.

Both have psychological baggage to overcome - Cali a broken marriage and Grant the death of friends. It
Maria Thomas
2.5 stars. It isn't a bad storyline but it was very much insta-love as they'd only known each other for two weeks and wanted to spend the rest of their lives together. I had some problems with the writing. I was actually listening by "text to speech" and sometimes a sentence would just stick out. I don't have an exact example but it was too wordy or too descriptive or something.

I get that there was a plug for caring for the ocean and its creatures but it felt a bit stilted to me.

I liked
Nook books: August 9, 2019 1 2 Aug 09, 2019 07:40PM

• Falling for You (Sapphire Bay, #1)
  • Summer with the Marine
  • Healing Her Cowboy (Montana Secrets #1)
  • Sealed with a Kiss (Emerald Lake Billionaires #1)
  • A Doctor's Promise (Lifeline Air Rescue #1)
  • Falling for Her Boss
  • Her Best Match (The Best Girls, #1)
  • Ever Caring (Family Promises Book 1)
  • Heather (Hart Land, #1)
  • Heart of Clay (The Women of Tenacity #1)
  • Colton (Kentucky Green, #1)
  • Summer at the Lake (Flying Solo #1)
  • News and Nectarines: A small town cozy mystery (Tri-Town Murders Book 1)
  • Forgiving the Billionaire (Silicon Valley Billionaires #1)
  • All of Me (The Bridesmaids Club, #1)
  • Always (The Protectors, #3)
  • Meant to Be (Sweetbriar Cove, #1)
  • Chasing Rainbows (Love in a Bottle, #1)
International Bestselling Author and Kindle All Star who has sold over 3 million books worldwide and been translated into 3 languages.
Debra Clopton writes wholesome contemporary women's fiction, romance, and contemporary western romances set in Texas and on the beaches of Florida. Her awards include: The Book Sellers Best, Romantic Times Magazine's Book of the Year the Readers Choice Award, and

Windswept Bay (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Somewhere With You (Windswept Bay, #2)
  • With This Kiss (Windswept Bay, #3)
  • Forever and For Always (Windswept Bay, #4)
  • Holding Out For Love (Windswept Bay, #5)
  • With This Ring (Windswept Bay, #6)
  • With This Promise (Windswept Bay, #7)
  • With This Pledge (Windswept Bay, #8)
  • With This Wish (Windswept Bay, #9)
  • With This Forever (Windswept Bay, #10)
  • With This Vow (Windswept Bay, #11)

News & Interviews