Start by marking “Wicked Highland Wishes (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Highland Wishes (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts, #2)

Wicked Highland Wishes

(Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts #2)

Desire tempted them. Honor forbade them. Love ensnared them.

Legendary warrior Lachlan MacLeod has never encountered anything or anyone he could not conquer. But when his younger brother confesses his love for Bridgette MacLean—the only woman Lachlan has ever wanted—Lachlan turns away from the beautiful Scottish lass, vowing to be no more than her friend. Yet his need for
Published October 10th 2016

Start your review of Wicked Highland Wishes (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts, #2)
Sangria
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m really enjoying this series....

I liked both characters a lot.

This is a forbidden love story. A tale of two brothers and for all you modern women, sheath your claws story, lol.

When you’ve been promised by a King to your enemies clan and you’re a woman with no rights but fall in love with someone else story, lol.

I really liked it, and loved seeing The whole tribe again.

Recommend.
TBR: 10/10/2016 (tomorrow)
Heat Rating: Hot
Overall Rating: 5/5

Scotland 1354-1358

This story centers on a beautiful young girl Bridgette MacLean who is struggling as she is coming into womanhood. She resents being born a female, not able to do all the the things her male sibling and other males are allowed to do. Bridgette has a warrior's heart and want to hunt and eve
Jaci
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Medieval Romance is not a genre that I usually read. That said this book by Julie Johnstone was a addictive read that I enjoyed very much. This is also the first Julie Johnstone book that I have read. EBooks have opened up a whole new world to romance readers in that we can now read many different authors that we have never read. Ok on with my review.

Brigette Maclean is a highland lass who would rather be a lad. She wants to help her brother protect her Clan from the English and rival Clans. She
R.C. Matthews
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Oh, man! I was so disappointed to go from 5 stars for the first book in this series to 2 stars for the second book. This one didn't work for me for several reasons. (1) Love at first kiss when the heroine was 15 isn't much to go off of as a reader. (2) I wasn't vested in this couple because Lachlan avoided Bridgette for the first half of the book and then she avoided him. (3) The author went to great pains to develop a feisty, independent and strong heroine and then had her do two really stupid ...more
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Sorrow, pain, heartbreak. Test, trials, tribulation. Family, honor, respect. This one took me on a journey through it all and then back again. I did not think that I could love a highlander more. Lachlan has my complete and utter devotion. This man. This highlander has vowed to love. The one true love that will take him to the ends of the Earth. This one love tests the bonds of family, honor and respect.

Bridgette was no slouch of a heroine. Lachlan could not have chosen a better woman to love a
kookyquinn
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Sooooo..... this was really awesome but it made me nauseous. You know how the hero always gets there just in time to save the heroine? Not this time.

I actually wanted to give this like 1-2 stars because I was so upset you know? I mean, I read romance for happy stories and I avoid sad, gross or angsty books like the plague. This was like all three. I swear it was like welcome to ansgst city for most of the book then... oh good I'm gonna vomit.

Ugh. Some parts were really great and the book was as
Heather andrews
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lachlan goes to extreme measures when it comes time for one on one with his woman, "he shook his head. “I threatened them with death if they simply thought of coming outside.” Bridgette chuckled as she ran her hand down his chest and over the hard muscles of his stomach." I enjoyed this book, I really loved Lachlan.
Jenny
Oct 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: author-to-avoid
Dee Deacon Foster
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bridgette MacLean’s heart belongs to one man and has for many years but guilt has her compelled to face a life married to another man. When a seer foretells of a great divide between these two men, a divide that leads to the death of one the other bent on vengeance Bridgette seeks to prevent this from happening. What she doesn’t foresee is the threat to her life and the very love she’s determined to protect and what it will cost her.
Lachlan MacLeod is a warrior of honor; a warrior whose motto is
Anniek
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Bridgette Maclean is living with the MacLeod clan. Her best friend Marion is married to the Laird Iain. Bridgette wants to be seen as an equal to men, but this isn't very common. She is very good with a bow and arrow. Not many men will best her when it comes to accuracy. When the men are heading out to hunt a boar Bridgette wants to show them that she could be a valuable asset. During this hunt she is ambushed by a rivaling clan and it's Lachlan who saves her from getting hurt.

Lachlan MacLeod
Judy
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wicked Highland Wishes by Julie Johnstone
Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts Series Book Two
Lachlan MacLeod loved the lassies and they loved him. While boar hunting at MacLean Castle, he rescued—unless you ask the lass, who claimed she was doing fine on her own—Bridgette from their enemies. They shared a moment. When his brother said his heart belonged to her—Lachlan did what was best. He backed away.

Bridgette MacLean will never forget the man who kissed her to erase the memory of an attack. The s
Petula
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bridgette MacLean is a very independent young woman, determined to prove she is equal to any man. In the highlands of Scotland in 1354 that is not an idea the men are agreeable with. King David's reign is shaky, with some of his nobles acting against him. A woman is often used as a pawn to secure alliances.
Lachlan MacLeod is brother to a powerful Laird and knows that he must put the needs of the clan above any personal wishes. When his King orders him to get information by any means necessary ,
Janice Hougland
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I continue to be enthralled with Ms. Johnstone’s medieval romances. This one is about another of the MacLeod brothers, Lachlan, who is involved in a private feud with his brother Graham, who has declared he will marry Bridgette MacLean only because he seeks to win her from his brother Lachlan’s regard due to his jealousy. There are a couple of other intrigues going on in this Highland romance, including a long lost sister and a vengeful man who wishes to marry Bridgette as well as Graham and Lac ...more
booksofallkinds
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
*Rating - 4.5*

WICKED HIGHLAND WISHES by Julie Johnstone is the second book in the Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts series and it does not disappoint. Bridgette is strong, independent, fiery, and completely in love with Lachlan, but when his brother declares his love for her after saving her, she feels honour bound to accept him, even though it is tearing her apart. Lachlan is a stoic hero, who tries to stay away from Bridgette to protect his brother, but as danger closes in around them, he cann
Ann L
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story couldn't put it down, it has all the elements you could want but be prepared for a sad part, well I thought it was sad. But at least it wasn't at the end of the story.

Bridgette MacLean always believed that just because she is a woman it shouldn't stop her from doing things the men did like hunting but her brother Alex the Laird believed otherwise. Just one person, Alex's friend, Lachlan MacLoad thought differently.

Lachlan wanted Bridgette, but because his brother said he also wa
Kim Cooper
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Julie Johnstone has done it again! I was instantly attached to the character Bridgette MacLean for her fierceness and spirit. Her heart has belonged to Lachlan MacLeod, brother to the laird, from the moment they shared her first kiss in the woods. She can't get him out of her head nor her heart all those years ago. Lachlan is the type of man every woman would love to have, either as their lover or husband, but he can't deny the fact that there is something special about Bridgette. Loved the way ...more
Florencia Fontan
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A heartbreaking love story between Lachlan and Bridgette that managed to grasp my attention from the moment I read it. This story took me on an emotional and rocky journey that made me laugh, cry, scream with frustration, and showed me that whatever happens, if two people are meant to be together, nothing will keep them apart.
This book lived up to be everything I had hoped for and didn't let me down. A must read! Enjoy!
Christine Woinich
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book had me laughing and crying. There are some dark places, but love shines its light to warm your heart. I loved Bridgette's strength from the beginning. I held my breath at times when she did as she pleased. Lachlan was a very caring man with a big heart. The history behind the story was intriguing. I highly recommend this story, part of a series but does standalone.

I received an ARC of this book. I am voluntarily reviewing this.
Becky Davis
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book review

I chose this rating because I truly enjoy the highlander way of speaking, it makes me think. And I enjoy a good love story.
Laura Michaela
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First, let me state the very obvious - I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book. I am also going to be purchasing a copy, so there's that...

Now, I like to share the blurb. No spoilers here since this is literally copy/pasted from the Amazon store.

Desire tempted them. Honor forbade them. Love ensnared them.

Mellena
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wicked Highland Wishes is another fantastic read by this author. She weaves a tale of romance possibly unfulfilled, jealousy, twists, danger, scheming and some serious heat. The book will keep a reader riveted with it's story. The characters are lively and real with their thick Scottish brogue and the way they can make the reader feel empathy. Ms. Johnstone has done it again with this book and made me fall in love with her characters. She has written a novel that left me feeling so content and s ...more
Stephanie Bolen
Bludy stepid

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself. Why is it when it's a highland book it's all och and braw. Almost the entire book is written in venacular so, if you just skim to get the gist it's fine but to actually read it hurts your brain. The plot twist of something bad actually happening to the female mc was a good one. But the idiocy that led up to the bad thing was typical author "where do we go from here?" Its almost a one star book but the hero failing to make it in time gives it a boost.
Lucia✍
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh boy, this book shocked me!

It’s nicely written, good plot and sensible characters. but you know how romance novels are meant to keep you in a safe, happy bubble with their happy ever afters?.. yeah this one will burst that bubble and taint the perfect picture a little bit!! Very good book though!

I recommend
Lauren Jones
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Slowly, she turned her head toward him and their gazes locked. “Because he risked his life for me and sustained a terrible injury in doing so. But Marion made me see how wrong that reason was. Even greedy. I was marrying him to ease the guilt his selfless act caused me. But I ken I dunnae love him, and I dunnae believe I would ever love him the way he deserves to be loved—with all of a woman’s heart. It’s nae anything he’s done.”

How would you feel if you had to marry someone against your will? W
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you have not read the previous book in this Scottish Medieval series, (When A Laird Loves A Lady, Marion and Iain's story) you will find this an easy to follow stand alone but you don't want to miss the adventure and history of each book in this 5 star series. This is Bridgette and Lachlan's story.

If you enjoy historical fiction and adventure romance, you'll love this series. The action keeps the plot moving forward quickly and you'll soon be hearing a wonderful brogue as you follow the diale
April
Wicked Highland Wishes (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts Book 2) by Julie Johnstone is a fantastic Medieval/Scottish Romance. While, Book 2 it can be read as a stand alone, I would suggest reading Book 1 "When a Laird Loves a Lady", as well.

WOW Highlanders! I loved Book 1, but "Wicked Highland Wishes", was even better, if possible. I was enthralled and an awe from the first page to the last. This story will stay with you long, after the last page.
Fast paced, heart-pounding, emotionally charged
Crystal
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wicked Highland Wishes by Julie Johnstone is a must read for all highlander fans. Ms. Johnstone has written a story that is full drama, intense situations, romance, family, and awesome characters. Don't forget to grab your box of Kleenex. You are going to need it, I know I sure did.

Lachlan MacLeod is an honorable man, wonderful brother, faithful friend, fierce warrior, and in love with a woman he doesn't think he can have.

Bridgette MacLean is a strong, independent woman that can handle a bow w
Tina Hairston
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's rare in a movie when they make a sequel and it's actually better than the first movie. The same holds true with books. They might be very good stories but sometimes that first book is the one that keeps you coming back to read it time and again. For me, this book is that rare sequel, like Empire Strikes Back, that will keep you coming back to it because it's JUST THAT GOOD.

Love, love, LOVE Lachlan! He is what I love most about a hero. He's loyal, fair, fierce, honorable, funny, sexy, loves
Barbara Rogers
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book has it all -- young love, betrayal, trials, tribulations, treachery, heartbreak, honor, respect, torture, healing, trust. Historic Scotland - such barbaric times, yet such enthralling heroes and heroines.

I loved the hero (Lachlan MacLeod) in this book from the very beginning. He never needed to be redeemed, he was a good and honorable man from the very beginning. He falls in love early - and never falls out -- even through long separations and although he tries very, very hard.

The hero
Sally Hannoush
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is book two of the series. The writing gets better and better with each book. I've said it before but it is really true. This story and its characters held my attention and allowed me to go on their journey with them. I enjoyed seeing characters I already knew from the first book as well. I am able to see things clearly as I read along. I enjoyed this book more than the first book and already looking forward to book three. I like a strong female lead but one who still has her weak moments. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Lady's Protector (Highland Bodyguards #1)
  • A Heartless Laird (Clan Ross, #1)
  • The Highlander's Demand (Highland Rogues Book 1)
  • Highlander's Lionheart
  • Her Highland Secret
  • Highlander's Scarred Angel
  • Highlander's Wicked Game (Wicked Highlanders, #1)
  • Released by the Highlander (Highlander Bride Book 1)
  • Highlander's Dark Pride
  • Sexy Scot (Highlanders Through Time, #2)
  • Scandalous Scot (Highlanders Through Time, #4)
  • The Highlander's Hellion (The Sutherland Legacy #3)
  • A Hardened Warrior (Clan Ross Book 2)
  • The Banished Highlander: A Scottish Historical Romance
  • Highlander's Wounded Beast
  • The Blacksmith (Order of the Broken Blade #1)
  • Sorcha (The Highland Clan Book 8)
  • Highland Brawn (The Band of Cousins Book 8)
Julie Johnstone is a USA Today and #1 Amazon bestselling author. Scottish historical romance and Regency historical romance featuring highlanders and aristocrats are her love, and she enjoys creating both with a hefty dose of twists, plenty of heartstring tugs, and a guaranteed happily ever after.

Her books have been dubbed "fabulously entertaining and engaging," making readers cry, laugh, and swoo

Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts (10 books)
  • When A Laird Loves A Lady (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts, #1)
  • Christmas in the Scot's Arms (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts, #3)
  • When a Highlander Loses His Heart
  • How a Scot Surrenders to a Lady (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts #5)
  • When a Warrior Woos a Lass (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts Book 6)
  • When a Scot Gives His Heart (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts Book 7)
  • When a Highlander Weds a Hellion (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts Book 8)
  • How to Heal a Highland Heart (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts, Book 9)
  • The Heart of a Highlander