Start by marking “Tempting Jo” as Want to Read:
Tempting Jo

Tempting Jo

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  74 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
Forbidden love is hell...

Confident and quirky, Jo Sanford thinks her boss is God's gift to women--and she couldn't be further from the truth. Devilishly handsome, Luc DeVille will stop at nothing to lure his administrative assistant right into his arms--and bed.

Over Rafe Goodman's dead body...

ebook
Published September 15th 2016 by Serrated Edge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tempting Jo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempting Jo

Beverly
I Have my Heaven on Earth

photo 799790_zps7c8f4dc2.gif

Wow. Wow. Wow

photo 8395460_zpsviwe3lcs.gif

This book should have a warning label about hot angels. When I started reading Tempting Jo My fave rogue angel was Remiel. Now I am in deep trouble.

photo tumblr_inline_nv99x8bPso1szntdq_500_zpsvrwbciky.gif

If you want to read a funny & sweet story about some serious hotter than hell angels.

photo tumblr_oagwzx4V7B1ubpaq0o6_400_zpsm0nraidw.gif

A devilish handsome fallen angel.

photo tumblr_oa0u2eUiKK1uqe55wo4_250_zpslmpeudei.gif

Not your usual God (He's kind of addicted to technology lmao). A feisty and funny heroine. And A cat that you will love and make you laugh a lot

photo tumblr_oa1vasbVkJ1urlrpuo1_400_zpsyyxqd05j.gif

Don't wait any longer and Pre-Order this
Jennifer Lane
Nancee Cain Tempts Readers

...with her quirky heroines, hot-as-sin angels, southern charm, and cheeky humor. The wonderful characterization of Saving Evangeline continues in this story, featuring a young woman, Jo, who's torn between the bad boy (Luc, her boss) and the good boy (Rafe, her guardian angel).

The story begins when angel Gabriel summons angel Raphael to God's chambers, telling Raphael not to make Him wait long.

"He's already pretty upset. He hasn't been able to crack level 666 on that c
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Ladies and gentleman, Nancee Cain does it again! I just LOVE the way she writes about angels and make them seen so human. Even God is a bit human and I love it!

As usual I didn't read the blurb so I had no idea what to expect (and I was anxiously waiting for this book)! I fell in love with the characters, specially Luc! Obviously I feel in love with him and I'm claiming him for me now! She'll have to write the story of how this brazilian girl cal
Kat Loves
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dear lord! I am a huge Nancee Cain fan and I was lucky enough to be asked to review Tempting Jo, now if you have followed my blog, you will know Nancy's first book, Saving Evangeline, is one of the first books I officially reviewed and it started my adoration for Nancee. She is a brilliant writer and her stories really make you feel genuine emotions.

At first I was half in-lust with Luc and I can totally understand Jo's fascination with him, but Rafe..... oh brother! I want my own guardian angel
Chele
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nancee Cain has delivered another 5 star emotionally packed story.
Rafe is Magnificent,in more ways than one.The ultimate professional in his Angelic duties.
Jolene is a Wonderful interpretation of all that is good in humanity. She even has sympathy for the devil.
I truly love this story.
I read straight through .
I couldn't walk away.
I recommend this story to all .
Thank you Nancee Cain for sharing your story.
Ashley Scales
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tempting Jo is a battle between Heaven and Hell, good verse evil with a human caught in the crossfires. It is also a book that you want to finish in one sitting because you are determined to find out what happens. You are asking yourself just what does each character have up their sleeves. It’s a book that causes you to stay up till 7am to finish. Tempting Jo was the perfect blend of paranormal and romance.

Good girl Jo wants to dance with the devil! Her hot boss Luc is everything, well almost.
Karen Komarinski
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Susan Angela Wallace
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tempting jo by Nancee Cain is a romance read.
Forbidden love is hell...
Over Rafe Goodman's dead body...
Rafe, Jo's best friend, refuses to sit by and watch as Luc tries to win the heart of the woman he's always protected. After all, Rafe is her guardian angel. Sud
Lisa
Love it

I have to admit something about angels just piques me and two of them though of different nature meaning good vs bad just makes it doubly interesting.

Of course angels are gorgeous, built and have style. But when they compete against one another and the banter just rolls on and on I can't stop laughing as I'm reading. I love banter and just like its predecessor Saving Evangeline it had plenty plus some of the same characters showed an appearance.

The flow of the book was steady and though
Monica
Are Angels more human?

I met some humans in my life, I can say they are sweet angels...
And some are damn sexy, making a devil out of me!

But this is not my life story haha.

Tempting the good human Jo, on one shoulder is her protector
the sweet angel of a friend Rafe and on the other shoulder is Luc
her interesting fallen angel the devil of a Boss.

Jo stands out, original and believable.
Will the Angel remember to be only her guardian, or will her Devil?

Between good and evil is true love.
How much a
Jirinka (sony08)
Jan 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017, tbc
reviews at: http://noemptyshelveshere.blogspot.co...

I must admit that I am struggling with this one a little. I have thought a lot about it and I finally realised that if I read this book about twelve years ago I would have enjoyed it much more. It’s a sort of book to I think suited me in my early twenties before my reading horizon widened so much. So if I am really honest, back in the day I would have given the book 4 maybe 4.5 stars. But even now it gets a solid 3*.

Overall I think the story w
Elise Chase
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read

Love the unique angle Nancee brings to life through the angels. Lucy is definitely my favorite nickname. Rafe is my hero too!
D. Messing
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed this book for TBC on FB, and it was different. In the beginning of the book Jolene irritated the daylights out of me, though it says something to the skill of the author that even while irritated and frustrated with the character, you can entirely relate to her and her experiences. As I was reading the story, I kept thinking oh, jeeze I've been there before!!, though in the end the story came around nicely, and had a delightful happily every after. Totally not my typical g ...more
Jo Dawson
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tempting Jo is the story of Jo Sanford, small-town girl seeking her fortune in the big city. She has an enormous crush on her drop-dead gorgeous boss and has an amazingly handsome best friend who is pining for her. Life is simple for Jo, until it becomes decidedly complicated. Her boss, Luc, sets his sights on Jo as a new conquest; her best friend Rafe is really her guardian angel who discovers that he has distinctly unangelic feelings about her, and Jo is still trying to figure out what fork to ...more
MJ Symmonds
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It felt like the wait between Saving Evangeline & Tempting Jo was an "Eternity" LOL!!! SE had such a lasting impression on me that I could not wait to get my hands on TJ. As I just knew Nancee Cain would not disappoint.

Jo has been sorely tempted by her boss Luc DeVille who will stop at nothing torturing Rafe Goodman with his threats to claim his quirky assistant for himself. Jo has definitely had some R-rated thoughts about Bossman & wants to be someone he would like to be with.

"I wan
Vickie Weeks
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heavenly Hot!

What a great read! Nancee Cain continues to delight her readers with the release of her second novel! She brings every character to life with not only their physical attributes but more importantly their personalities. The humor sprinkled throughout the book was so refreshing!
Jo is a natural beauty but is unaware of her alluring charm. She comes from a dysfunctional family and a small town. She decides to move to the city and work two jobs to support herself and Atticus, her grouchy
Barb
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nancee Cain has delivered another fantastic story! I read this in one sitting and was laughing out loud too many times to count. I love the storyline about angels and fallen angels here on earth and not to mention hot as hell angels watching over us!

Rafe, I fell in love with immediately. I knew he had feelings of more than friends for Jolene but like most men, it takes them awhile to catch on. I love the relationship that Rafe and Jolene had that starts out as friends but you can tell the feelin
Amy  Crull
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
One is sent to tempt while the other is to protect.. One is good and one is bad....
I must have forgotten about how Raphael was an actual angel because reading the first chapter threw me for a loop. I feel kinda dumb about it now lol.
I must say I haven't read a book like this before but I found it interesting.
Luc is very good at tempting. He has the charm and good looks that brings women to their knees. While I'll was charmed by him, I found him kinda cocky at times. I thought it was hilarious
Emma
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016

This was a great little book and takes the crown of being the last book I have read and reviewed in 2016!

There is a strong tongue in cheek flavour to this story of Angel versus Devil , battling with their particular allures for the soul of an (almost) pure young woman. The plot was fairly predictable, but as I have said several times, it is not the destination but the journey that counts and this was a satisfying little romance with enough spice to suit any fan of the genre.

The trick is to fall
United Indie Book Blog
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tempting Jo is a fun, smoking hot read. It's heaven verses hell, angels verses the devil. I loved it!! I loved all the characters. Rafe is a guardian angel who is sent to protect Jo and has been her best friend since she was 6 years old. Luc is Jo's boss who is the object of her desire and he just happens to be the devil. Jo is the quirky and funny assistant to Luc who thanks to her free will manages not to make a deal either the devil. There was a few surprises along the way that I didn't see c ...more
Teresa Schulz
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
This story was sort of Pretty Woman with a devilish twist. What girl doesn't want a sexy guardian angel doting on her and coming to her rescue? Although with Luc, it felt like it was sliding a little towards Shades of Grey in places. Not that that is such a bad thing, those books were/are very popular after all. Tastes differ don't they? I found the story well-written and humorous in places. If you want a light-hearted, hot romance with paranormal elements, this story is sure to please.
My three
Lesley Robson
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tempting Jo is a fun, smoking hot read. It's heaven verses hell, angels verses the devil. I loved it!! I loved all the characters. Rafe is a guardian angel who is sent to protect Jo and has been her best friend since she was 6 years old. Luc is Jo's boss who is the object of her desire and he just happens to be the devil. Jo is the quirky and funny assistant to Luc who thanks to her free will manages not to make a deal either the devil. There was a few suprises along the way that I didn't see co ...more
Tanya Vought
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book from start to finish!
This author has the knack for writing Angels! I love that they are so human and even the big guy is 'real' with our slang as humans.

Both Rafe and Jo are amazing. I enjoyed watching them interact and their attraction - including Mr. DeVille. I wanted to hate him but I also fell to like him.

If you are a lover of angels you will devour this book and enjoy Ms. Cain's take on them! They are sexy, sweet, swoon worthy and make you wish they were real so you co
Anne
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found Tempting Jo such a fun read. The author wrote the characters so well and I particularly liked the she made the angels and devil ‘human’ and some of their interactions with God, who is a complete technophile, were very witty. A lot of clever writing in this story and I will definitely be reading more by Nancee Cain. My thanks to TBC for the opportunity to read this in exchange for an honest review.
Lucy
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the first book I've read by Nancee Cain and although I did enjoy it I wasn't blown away.

I enjoyed reading the different POVs and the book was well written. But I found I wasn't gripped by the characters and I felt there could have been more made of Luc's feelings as it seemed a bit like an after thought.

Solid 3 star.
Eunice J
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book! It was a cute love story that included a battle between Angels, good and evil. I will admit I was a bit annoyed at times with how naive Jo was but she was still so easy to like. The added characters brought the story together. It was an easy read and flowed well.
Gina
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
LOVED THIS BOOK!

Fast paced, funny & sexy.

I adore the three main characters. Especially Luc.

This is definitely an author to keep your eye on and I can't wait to read more stories in this series.
Scandal (Scandalicious Book Reviews)
TJ enjoyed the humor in this one very much - Nancee Cain is definitely an author to watch! Click the link to see the complete review:
Carrie
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nancee does it again with her believable characters...good and not so good at heart. Jolene is the devil's private secretary but doesnt know it. Her best friend is also her guardian angel and it's his job to protect Jo from making a huge mistake. What a delicious love triangle! Somehow Nancee makes her readers root for the bad guy, no, wait...good guys should win. Shouldn't they? Read and find out.
Gabriela Mira Williams
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ever since Evangeline was saved I look for white feathers under my pillow every morning. After "Tempting Jo" I search for the red ones. <3 Have you marked your calendars with the "word of the day" ... "I'm beyond tired but in some sort of euthanized state." "I think you mean euphoric, Ms. College Grad." "Whatever. My degree is in accounting, not English." Laughed, cried and loved some more. Stay Inspired !!!
« previous 1 3 next »
During the day, Nancee Cain works as a nurse/counselor in the field of addiction to support her coffee and reading habit. Nights are spent writing paranormal and contemporary romances with a serrated edge.

Authors are her rock stars, and she’s been known to stalk a few for an autograph, but not in a scary, Stephen King way. Her husband swears her To-Be-Read list qualifies her as a certifiable book
More about Nancee Cain
“You are my heaven. I just never knew I’d find it here on Earth.” 0 likes
“They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
 I have good intentions, but when a match strikes, fire follows.” 0 likes