Start by marking “Chasing Midnight (Once Upon A Curse, #3)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Midnight (Once Upon A Curse, #3)

Chasing Midnight

(Once Upon a Curse #3)

**A USA Today Recommended Series!**

This faerie godmother has an agenda of her own… Don't miss CHASING MIDNIGHT, a fantasy romance from bestselling author Kaitlyn Davis that reimagines the classic fairy tale of Cinderella.

“I could redeem myself if I wanted to. I could help them. But I won’t. I’m the villain of their story, because it’s the only way to be the hero of mine.”

H
Kindle Edition
Published August 2019

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Midnight, please sign up.
Kaitlyn Davis Thanks so much for asking! I'm so sorry the wait for this book has been so long, yikes! I got completely sidetracked by some other projects, but the o…moreThanks so much for asking! I'm so sorry the wait for this book has been so long, yikes! I got completely sidetracked by some other projects, but the other day, these characters came creeping back into my mind and haven't let go! My plan is to starting working on Chasing Midnight in the fall, and to release it sometime during the Spring of 2019! I know that still a bit of a wait away, but hopefully it'll be worth it! (less)
Kaitlyn Davis I love this question and I agree, it's time!! I'm so sorry the wait has been so freaking long! A few other projects took control of my brain, and I ve…moreI love this question and I agree, it's time!! I'm so sorry the wait has been so freaking long! A few other projects took control of my brain, and I very much need to follow my passions when I write. However, the other day, the perfect opening line for this book slipped into my mind and ever since, the characters haven't let go :) I'm hoping to start working on this book in the fall of 2018 once I close out a few other projects I'm in the middle of writing, and the goal will be to publish in the spring of 2019!

Still a bit of a wait, I know...SORRY! In case this helps, here's the opening line I'm working with at the moment:

"Apparently, I slept through the apocalypse." (less)

Start your review of Chasing Midnight (Once Upon A Curse, #3)
Kaitlyn Davis
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
7/29/19 Update!

In case you missed it, I announced a pre-order giveaway campaign on my blog! Anyone who lives in the US who pre-orders a copy is eligible to receive these three exclusive Once Upon a Curse bookmarks! Check out the official announcement for all the details: https://www.kaitlyndavisbooks.com/2019/07/chasing-midnight-pre-order-giveaway.html

Here's a preview of the bookmarks!

CM Bookmarks

I also posted a few more teasers! The first chapter reveal will be coming up next Tuesday, so stay tuned :)

Teaser 1

Teaser 2

Teaser 3

~~~

Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
I was kind of hoping this would be out by now but obviously, that hasn't happened.

I'm going to go cry in my corner, brb.

Update 5/12/19: Hi I just checked my email and omg is that a cover reveal host sign up for Chasing Midnight???

AYE, SIGN ME UP PLS.

THE REVIEW
The author/publisher provided a free copy of the book for review purposes - thank you! Receiving a review copy does not guarantee a positive review and therefore do not affect the opinion or content of the review.

Going into Chasing Midn
Paula  Phillips
I have to admit at first I was very excited to read this book as I had read the previous two in the series a while back and loved them. Gathering Frost in February 2015 and Withering Rose in May 2016. I'm not sure if it's the fact that it has been at least 3.5 years since I read the last book and my reading tastes have changed but I didn't enjoy this one as much as I had hoped I would as the last couple of years I have focused my reading on more contemporary NA romances rather than fantasy novel ...more
Annette
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, if you've been actually reading my reviews, you've learned a few things about me over time. One: I love fairytales and fairytale retellings. Two: Cinderella is one of my favorite fairytales of all time. Three: Kaitlyn Davis' writing was love at first sight. So, now we've finally reached the book that brings all three of these elements together. I was bracing for disappointment, afraid that maybe my expectations were too hight, but luckily the book proved me wrong.

I have to admit that it took
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A great addition to the series! I loved hearing about the fairies and what happened with the worlds. I enjoyed the characters and the twisted fairy tale retelling through curses, magic and love.
Ashley Lewis
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-hoopla, audiobook
Thoughts with side commentary:

👠 First off, no book sound have this amount of sass and snark. It's illegal
👠 One thing that drove me nuts with the audiobook is that even though Omorose and Ella are sisters, the narrator gave Ella a British accent and Omorose an American one🤦‍♀️
👠 This book also through me off with the synopsis because the synopsis made it sound like the Prince was trying to kill Nymia and hunt her down before she escaped the country which was the complete opposite of what happened
👠
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Many, many, many years humans found out about magic and wanted it for themselves. Humans wanted magic so bad that they were willing to do anything to have it and do anything they did. Humans finally got their hands on magic by stealing it but it came at a price it came with a curse attached to it.

When humans stole magic for themselves it took away magic from all magical creatures killing them. One of the survivors was a faerie Nymia who was brought back to life when her magic was restored to he
Debbie Eyre
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So Cinderella but told with a twist! Absolutely loved this, its well written with a totally different slant on the fairytale we all know and love and well I just couldn’t put it down! Fab characters, a little action , magic, faeries, all told in a modern world, a great retelling!
Lenni Jones
Actual Rating: 3.5

I was not impressed with the first hour of the audiobook. It was a bit confusing and a recap of the last book. It felt too repetitive to enjoy. Plus, those were the parts where Nymia was still supposed to be unlikable.

That said, once the story got going, it was good! Although the romance between Freddy and Nymia was a bit unbelievable at first, I warmed up to it. The story was nice and I can’t wait for the next book. The ending of this one promised a wild ride in the series fin
Lene Blackthorn
If you think this is a new Cinderella.. think twice. In a twisted way, for sure, you can see the fairytale retelling in the book.
But this is not the story of the poor orphaned girl (or not the main one, at least).
This is the story of the fairy godmother.
With villainous intentions. On a killing spree.
Nymia lost everything she believed in, everyone she loved, and saw the disaster of humans stealing magic with her immortal eyes. That was enough to send her on a quest to free the magic. Only now,
Colleen's Conclusions
A review will be on my blog August 26th as part of a blog tour.
Bonnie (A Backwards Story)
“I'm the villain of their story.
Because it's the only way to be the hero of mine.”

CHASING MIDNIGHT

Happy Release Week to CHASING MIDNIGHT by Kaitlyn Davis! I feel like I've been waiting forever to read this book, and now it's finally in my hands. Do you ever get that bittersweet feeling where you finally have something and you're so excited, but then you realize it means you're one step closer to the end? Yeah, it's like that. The next book, PARTING WORLDS, comes out this November, and it's the
Billie
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I could redeem myself if I wanted to. I could help them. But I won't. I'm the villain of their story, because it's the only way to be the hero of mine."
Hundreds of years ago, humans learned the secret to sealing magic beneath their skin and stole it from the world. Faeries reverted back to flowers. Shifters remained trapped in their animal forms. Mermaids turned to foam. And the magical creatures who survived vowed revenge.
Nymia is one of those survivors, a faerie brought back to life by the re
Lilly Charysma
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was completely unexpected. This really blew my mind! We see all the worlds from the previous books coming together under the same story. Nymia is a faery, 100% born and raised in the magic world, before everything collapsed. She has spent her entire life revenging her sister’s naivety in falling for a human king that stole her magic. Now that she found it, she has no intention of letting it go, especially since killing Ella, Omrose’s sister, can bring back her own.

Yes, we have a faery
Charlene
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chasing Midnight, book three in the Once Upon a Curse series is a re-imagined version of the classic Cinderella.
This is the story of the fairy godmother more then the story of Cinderella. Nymia was a faerie, brought back to life by magic when the earthquake hit, who now seeks revenge for the people who have stolen magic from her world, including her sister Aerewyn’s magic. Ella is a human girl, and Omorose’s sister from book two, with Nymia’s sister’s magic trapped beneath her skin, and Nymia wi
Sennin Kellen
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unique

This was one of the more unique Cinderella retellings I have read. The characters were engaging and the story had a great flow. The love story felt forced into what was otherwise an excellent read! I will keep reading because the author creates unique and exciting twists to the classics.
Ragna
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this reimagining of Cinderella, the fairy godmother is the protagonist. I love a good Cinderella story, which is a big reason why I read this series. As a result, I was sad that all the real Cinderella elements were missing. It was a good tale, however, one that kept me guessing. I did not understand the romance. It did not make it feel it.
Francesca Escamilla
For some reason this book didn't capture me as much as the first 2 did. Probably because I did not start out liking the main character. She frustrated me at the beginning, so apparently I need to like my heroine. The book ended how I anticipated but getting there was a process. I will still move onto the next book because I'm in this world till the end. ...more
NanaShauna Joesten
This is a fantastic read. Of a fairytale. Shes in a fight to get her sister back and runs into other obstacles as well. This is a fast paced action packed read that will have you on the edge of your seat, with this page turner. I definitely recommend this read.
Shauna Joesten
Rebecca
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I freely admit I'm a sucker for retellings. This doesn't mean I like every retelling I read, but I've loved reading this series! The world is so interesting, and you can't help but fall in love with the characters. Can't wait to read the next one! ...more
Katy
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eh, this book was okay. Much better than the 4th book (accidentally read before this one). Overall, this series is not my favorite. Characters are pretty shallow, change their views/beliefs relatively easy. An easy read but not much substance.
Thunder chan
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this retelling of Cinderella, though some parts I didn't like too much. Why didn't I like them? Some parts seemed boring or just unnecessary. No hate! I still love this series and the author! ...more
Lynn Carrigan
I read the two books before this one a while ago and had a hard time syncing what I read before and the story now.
It had a good message about your idea of someone can improve by getting to know them.
Amber Smith
Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am still loving this fairytale series. This was an awesome Cinderella retelling. Nymia has such great character growth. Her relationship with Ella was so sweet. Prince Frederick is a loyal fun character. The story was unique and I loved it. I will definitely be continuing with the series.
Elizabeth
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A retelling of Cinderella that skews things quite a bit. The story isn't really about Cinderella as much as it is about what she symbolizes to the main character. ...more
Tomi
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read! I love the world this author has created. On to the next installment.
Lydia
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairy-tales
It's been years since I read the last book, but I finally was able to get my hands on this one and the next one. Pretty happy to say, I enjoyed reading it and am glad I didn't pass up the chance. ...more
Sharon
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed and looking forward to the next book 😊
Brittany
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked that the story was told by the fairy instead of the humans. It showed a different perspective on what life was like for the ones who had their magic stolen along with how far this particular fairy would go to get it back and right a wrong.
Olivia Wolfertz
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairy-tales
Adventure, magic, mystery, sisterly bond and romance--all you need sometimes. Like the other books before, this book had me completely glued to my kindle! But what I loved about this one in particular was the different types of love that were featured, between sisters and especially between Nymia and Ella. I love seeing how all the characters have become connected and continue to help one another break their curses. All I can say now is that I can't wait to hear more about Aerewyn's story and ge ...more

• Shard of Glass: A Cinderella Romance (Fairy Tale Royals, #1)
  • A Princess of Wind and Wave: A Retelling of The Little Mermaid (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #6)
  • Thorn of Rose: A Beauty and the Beast Romance (Fairy Tale Royals, #2)
  • The Secret Princess: A Retelling of The Goose Girl (Return to the Four Kingdoms, #1)
  • A Captive of Wing and Feather: A Retelling of Swan Lake (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #5)
  • Pathways (The Kingdom Chronicles, #1)
  • Identity (The Kingdom Chronicles #3)
  • The Coronation Ball (Four Kingdoms, #2.2)
  • Fated: Cinderella's Story (Destined, #1)
  • A Dream of Ebony and White: A Retelling of Snow White (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #4)
  • Hidden: Rapunzel's Story (Destined, #2)
  • Enchantment (The Kingdom Chronicles, #5)
  • A Dance of Silver and Shadow: A Retelling of the Twelve Dancing Princesses (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #1)
  • A Crown of Snow and Ice: A Retelling of The Snow Queen (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #3)
  • The Golden Ball
  • The Princess Pact: A Twist on Rumpelstiltskin (The Four Kingdoms, #3)
  • Princess of Midnight (Fairytales of Folkshore, #6)
  • Path of Secrets (Andari Chronicles, #6)
Bestselling author Kaitlyn Davis writes young adult fantasy novels under the name Kaitlyn Davis and contemporary romance novels under the name Kay Marie. Publishers Weekly has said, "Davis writes with confidence and poise," while USA Today has recommended her work as "must-read romance."

To learn more about her contemporary romance novels, visit her Goodreads author page for Kay Marie here: https:

Once Upon a Curse (4 books)
  • Gathering Frost (Once Upon a Curse, #1)
  • Withering Rose (Once Upon a Curse, #2)
  • Parting Worlds (Once Upon a Curse, #4)