Start by marking “Not in My Backyard: Solid Waste Management in Indian Cities” as Want to Read:
Not in My Backyard: Solid Waste Management in Indian Cities

Not in My Backyard: Solid Waste Management in Indian Cities

4.5  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
About the Book
The book is an attempt to highlight the present status of solid waste management in the country and what should be the way ahead. It is clear that cities are producing more and more waste and solid waste generation in our country is increasing. In such a scenario, we need to re-invent waste management in our country.
The book highlights solutions to this growi
Published July 2016 by Centre for Science and Environment, New Delhi

To ask other readers questions about Not in My Backyard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not in My Backyard

Dharmabum
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dropped
I picked up the book because I have been interested in this issue. Rather, I've been deeply concerned. Right across where I live is a garbage bin and every day I see it fill up in no time! I keep wishing I could do something to help and reading this book is perhaps a start.
The book offers a fairly comprehensive account of the issue of solid waste management, including key data and some interesting case studies. Next, I am hoping that I can pick some key points to make a ten minute presentation w
Yatin Diwakar
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Didn't make quick progress on it. Was left aside during shifting. Picked it up again and read it religiously till finished. Learnt a bit about waste management and a lot about Indian scenario.
Marcy
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is from my blog entry on this book:

I just finished reading the new book Not in my Backyard and viewing the short accompanying documentary of the same title. Both are put out by the Centre for Science and Environment, publishers of Down to Earth magazine. This is such important work--to do a survey of solid waste management across the country and to share the findings, particularly what works especially well.

The title comes from the idea that no one wants some one else's waste in their back
Dheebak