Start by marking “Usagi Drop 08” as Want to Read:
Usagi Drop 08

Usagi Drop 08

(Bunny Drop #8)

Reconnecting with her biological mother and her new family has put Rin at peace with her unfortunate beginnings. Now, becoming a big sister is cause for happiness for the levelheaded young woman. But despite this closure, all is not roses. The world around her seems obsessed with romance-Kouki still vies for Rin's affection, Reina jumps between relationships, a classmate s ...more
Published May 13th 2016 by NewPop Editora (first published October 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Usagi Drop 08, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Usagi Drop 08

Courtney
Jun 22, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
got a little too "Woody Allen" for my taste. but the whole series fell off when Run became a teen. The end of book 4 was a perfect place to call it quits. In my mind that's where the series ended.
Miss Ryoko
WHAT!!!!!???!?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (view spoiler) My heart is broken. Legit. I am so devastated.

Rin is so insanely mature and wise for her age. Every time she's thinking deeply about something or sorting out her feelings, or responding to someone I think "If only every 16 year old in the world
Sean O'Hara
The book reviews itself:

Yes, Kouki, I know exactly how you feel.
Susan
OH MY GOD WAIT WHAT IS THAT PLOT TWIST NO.
Ariel
Nov 04, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

I will be the first to admit it: I often read terrible things just because I've heard they're terrible. Terrible is basically in now, because my generation is almost completely desensitized to everything. However, my favorite thing is seeing the shitstorms that arise from terrible shit. Watching a group of people come together to hate on something that is genuinely awful is a sight truly like no other. And when I saw that this was terrible, I wanted to join in on the hatefest.

On this night, I le
TRACE
Jan 30, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, manga
why????????
Heidi Burkhart
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This episode got a little weird...no spoilers though!
Mike
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, slice-of-life
While a slice of life manga, Bunny Drop has been following it's central characters for seven proceeding volumes and is heading towards it's conclusion in volume 9. This volume also has significant plot developments. It really isn't a good place to start reading.

** Note: There will be no spoilers for volume 8 in this review, but I will be discussing the structure of the series as a whole in general terms as well as my thoughts on the authors choices (in vague language without plot details).**

Bunn
Linda
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, series
Some very heartwarming moments between Rin and her mom--especially Rin remembering the lullaby. But other things are heading in a very weird direction that hopefully will be worked out before the series ends.

Buy this title at Powells Books.
Emma
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sara
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
AHHH! (^~^)/* Go Go! I'm really enjoying thisssssss! Daikichi is so <33333!
Has anyone else noticed how much more attractively Daikichi is drawn in these later volumes than in the earlier ones? He's really like a fine wine, eh? ;D
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
Not really sure where this final twist is going, but I'll stick with it till the end of the series.
Nadina
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nolany
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga

J'ai un peu été "choquée" par les sentiments que Rin commence à éprouver vis à vis d'une certaine personne et j'espère que vraiment ça ne va pas durer sinon ça va devenir long et ennuyeux et je serai déçue.

Lu le 12/03/2018
Whitney
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, manga-2017, 02-stars
....still creepy....
Claire
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, read-2017
I still can't like Rin's mother and I hope we move away from this interest she seems to have in Daikichi.
Nahia
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Es algo raro pero lo están presentando de una manera tan sutil que creo que incluso puede terminar pareciendo algo bonito.
Karrie Stewart
Well that was a weird turn of events..
Jessica
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, manga
How did we get here? Uh...nooo
Ashley
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Way too invested in these characters ..
Daniela Stefania
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is getting weird
Kellie
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
Did not like the turn this took in regards to Rin’s “love interest”.
Christine Bowles
This story is going places I did not expect! Still enjoying it though, interested to see how it all turns out for Rin.
Child960801
In this book, Rin meets her new baby sister and realizes she might have feeling for her guardian. An interesting direction for the story to take. I want to know how it turns out.
Amber
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, own-hardcopy
Aw man, please please please don't go down this path. I thought I was getting some vibes in this direction, but mrgh. :(
Courtney
This is where the series goes downhill - not to mention creepy - fast.

Rin & gang are still in school, trying to figure out what they want to do in life. To aid the students, the teachers arrange for speakers to come in and tell the students about their jobs.

Decisions are going on outside of school as Rin is approached by a classmate who wants to start dating her. Unfortunately for him, Rin's feeliings lie elsewhere...

(view spoiler)
Arminzerella
Kate
I was unintentionally spoiled on the ending of this series, so I knew that we'd hit this point in the manga eventually where it could go either way. The issue could be handled well, or it could be a big mess. After reading seven volumes of Bunny Drop, I had faith in the mangaka that it was going to be okay. And, while I am not completely sold on Rin's feelings - teenagers are a confused bunch, especially in regards to love - I do think that these chapters were okay. My concern is that Rin is mis ...more
Susan
Oct 08, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Readers who have made it this far in the series know full well where the story is going, so to avoid spoilers I won't go into detail there. Either you like it or you don't, and personally I wish the series had ended rather than timeskipped.

That said, Yumi Unita knows how to write teens. With everything going on in their lives, Rin, Kouki and Reina react exactly as teenagers would in the situations they've found themselves in. Daikichi, too, is well-written and just as sweet as ever.

If you've rea
  • Cross Game 3 (Cross Game, #6–7)
  • Bakuman, Vol. 18
  • Wandering Son, Vol. 3
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 14
  • よつばと! 12 (Yotsuba&! #12)
Japanese Name (宇仁田ゆみ)

Yumi Unita was born in Mie Prefecture on May 10th, 1972. In 1998, she debuted with "VOICE" in Hakusensha's Young Animal. Since then, she has worked in many genres, having her works featured in seinen, josei, and shounen magazines.

Bunny Drop (10 books)
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 1
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 2
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 3
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 4
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 5
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 6
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 7
  • うさぎドロップ 9 (Bunny Drop, #9)
  • うさぎドロップ 10 番外編 (Bunny Drop, #10)