Start by marking “The Girl in the Mirror (Sand & Fog, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Girl in the Mirror (Sand & Fog, #3)

The Girl in the Mirror

(Sand & Fog #3)

The Girl in the Mirror is the third standalone book in the Sand & Fog series. This book has a HEA.

I don’t know why what happened to me shocks people. Everything about me is perfectly logical. Down to my three obsessions: ballet, sex, and food. Yep, food, though it might seem strange to put that one on that list, but it isn’t, not really.

All three bring me pleasure and
Published September 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Girl in the Mirror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl in the Mirror

DW
Dec 09, 2016 added it
Stopped at 36%. I can't take Krystal's immature attitude anymore. I realize that she is very young but good grief.
Andrea Smith
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of Susan Ward's series since I first read the Half-Shell Series. What can I say? These characters all feel like family to me because of Ward's uncanny ability to flesh her characters out so deliciously normal, yet each with their own unique flaws. Krystal was the middle child. She was supposed to be the one they didn't have to worry about. Grounded, level-headed, reasonable - and quiet. Not the wild child like her older sister, or mischievous like the younger twin boys. But we al ...more
Andrea (mrsaubergine)
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-edits
Krystal Harris feels like she's the ugly duckling of her talented family, and sees her acceptance into Juilliard as a chance to break free. No one's told her that her parents have asked Jacob Merrick to be her bodyguard in New York because the young ballerina has no experience out into the real world. Chrissie and Alan want him to be like her big brother, but she and Jake have sizzling chemistry even before the NY assignment, and later when the real world intrudes violently into their lives, onl ...more
Chelsea
Dude. I'm in the minority, but bleh. This book had to focus, it just went on and on and on.
Delena constant
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Girl

Susan ward, how deep can we go? Surprise ! I thought this was a Mundane Read about a Rich Privileged Rich Girl with famous Parents. Yes, in some ways it is and then the Bomb!! She, kidnapped and lost in Mexico. Jake is so very Strong,but he almost lost his Life for the Woman he Loves. All of this and we have strength from "Dad Alan", what more do you need for a 5 Star Book.
I ask you Susan Ward, how many Different Personalty's Live inside You? I do enjoy your writing, I become part of you
Gina
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow.. This book was absolutely amazing. Krystal Harris is a character we've become familiar with thanks to the other books in the Sand and Fog series. Getting to really see her story unfold this time around was everything I hoped it would be. A complex character living with a extraordinary family makes for the most interesting combination. Regardless, Krystal shines through in this book constantly. Whether it be her struggle with self-perception or her love for Jacob she's proven to be the most ...more
Amandajane
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have loved the Half-Shell series and it's follow up, Sand & Fog. They have compelling and complex characters and no shortage of drama. The Girl in the Mirror doesn't disappoint on that score.

Krystal is the middle daughter and feels like a failure in her extraordinary family. She is determined to succeed in the ballet world and is controlling of every aspect of her life in order to fulfil her dream of becoming a prima ballerina in a well known company.

To hide details of a compromising sit
Kelly Yekel
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartening and Beautiful!

This whole book has held me captive and mildly choked up. Never mind the torture Jacob and Krystal had to endure for months after her being taken and so abused. However, the love they have, won and happiness was their ending. Brilliant!
Karen Stinnett
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My past is her future

Wow what a story. It started out with just enough of a story to keep your attention but it was worth the wait. Their love story exploded it a fairy tale. Boy meets rich girl out of is league but he managed to good in her good graces by doing her a favor. Which open the door to explore their feelings. But as all good love story the just be some turbulence. Then tragedy struck. Can he bring her back from the edge? He has to be her everything except her lover at some point to b
Mariah
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was hard to get into. Krystal was hard to like and first and so were some of the people around her.
I really don't like books with toxic female relationships and I felt like Maddy was more or less a toxic friend in this book. For whatever reason she is not in the second half of the book at all.
Jacob is the most amazing book boyfriend/husband ever and I only wish we got to read more in detail about the struggles that he and Krystal went through early in their relationship.
Cynthia
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good reading experience

This is a captivating romance story. I really liked the whole plot and how the protagonists got together, but later in the book there’s way too much troubles and misunderstandings going on that I sort of didn’t like. If u r not into pushing away and relationship problems, this might not be for you.
Fiona Cartwright
omg wow

well were do i start and end this book is the best in the series such an emotional rollercoaster ive been on i read in 2 days i cannot belive what happen im still in shock but couldnt stop reading from reading her as a little girl then as an adult is brilliant this series has me gripped cannot wait for the next one perfect book loveee it!!!!
Tuakana Toka
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

So thrilled to read Krystal's story. The issues revealed throughout kept me riveted to each page, to each chapter. There was sadness, a lot of misunderstandings, a heck of a lot of tears and pain but most of all so much depth of love. Amazing. I felt really privileged reading another marvellous novel by Susan Ward.
Bev Ross
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extremely good

Love this series! Horrible what happened to Krystal but she always was a strong girl! I just love the whole family! Awesome book everyone should read this series! Gripping story!
Barbara Saadoja
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think this book I love it most.
Well written again.
Shell Price
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have followed the Parker family since the Girl on the Half-Shell series started and couldn't wait to get ahold of this one. Susan Ward didn't let me down at all. I started this book at 11 am and didn't put it down until I finished it at midnight. You just can't put it down. It was everything I had hoped for and more. This is the story of Krystal Harris, Chrissie Parker and Alan Manzone's middle daughter. It is definitely darker than the previous books in the series but no less enthralling. Kry ...more
Lisa
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars
Michelle Quintana
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Of all of the books I have read by this author, this one is the most intense. I was not expecting the book to go in the direction it went. The way the book starts had my attention right away because it had me wondering what had happened to Krystal. After it sets the tone for the book, it goes back to three years previously when Krystal and Jacob met. The book had both pov's, which I was really glad to read. Because Krystal tries so hard to control her life and what happens to her, she ends up be ...more
Rachel
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I say it with every review, but Susan Ward captured me with Alan Manzone.

The Girl in the Mirror is about Krystal, Alan's second child/daughter.
According to Krystal, she feels like an outcast compared to her gorgeous rockstar parents.

But Krystal has an inner beauty that captures the eye of her security detail, Jacob Merrick.

With three parts, this book follows the pair's love from begging to middle. I know it's not the end because Ward will tease us with them in future stories.

This book is sexy b
MJ
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been looking forward to Krystal's book! I was very curious about the super smart kid that figured everything out that no one else could.

This book was very hard for me to read. I was so upset by what happened to Krystal, even before she was taken. She had such a hard time, no one ever noticed. She was very good at being perfect, even with her dysfunctional parents. (But we love Chrissy and Alan no matter)

I loved all of the angst in this book. Ms. Ward takes such pains to make sure to dra
Marcie Wegner
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Once I started reading, I couldn't put the book down. Although this is the third book in the series (Sand & Fog #3), you don't have to read the first two to understand what is going on. (I will have to go back and read the first two books as soon as I get paid.) I fell in love with the characters right from the start and didn't want the book to end. Krystal and Jacob's story is wonderfully written and well thought out. I always enjoy reading anything written by Susan Ward ...more
Marcie Wegner
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Michelle
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have things to say but can't put the words in order to make sentences.
Jennifer Jones
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

I enjoyed reading more in depth about Krystal. I don't typically like dual pov but, in this book, it was natural.
Theresa Ringler
Oct 11, 2017
tanya linham
Mar 18, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Surrender To Temptation (The Glenn Jackson Saga #3)
  • Sharp (Satan's Savages MC, #5)
  • Unscripted
  • Full Tilt Duet (Full Tilt, #1-2)
  • The Wild Man Who Stole Me
  • The Man You Need (Love on Tour #4)
  • Broken (Back Down Devil MC, #15)
  • Bad Love (Step Over the Line #1-3)
  • Ready For Flynn: Part 3 (Ready For Flynn, #3)
  • Dirty Like Us (Dirty, #0.5)
  • Hard Rock Voice (Feral Silence #2)
  • Fuckers (Biker MC Romance, #1-6)
  • How to Deal
Award-Winning and Bestselling author Susan Ward is a #1 bestselling author in several genres. Known for complex, gritty, and unpredictable emotional reads, to the delight of her readers she is always expanding her fictional universe.

She likes her romance books to be packed with exciting heroes who keep you guessing, and intelligent, complicated heroines who make them work to get them. Her stories

Sand & Fog (8 books)
  • Broken Crown (Sand & Fog, #1)
  • The Girl of Sand & Fog (Sand & Fog, #2)
  • Ethan (Sand & Fog #4)
  • Gone Guy (Sand & Fog, #5)
  • Return To Us (Sand & Fog, #6)
  • The Last Girl (Sand & Fog #7)
  • The Last Guy