Start by marking “Star Wars: Finn''s Story” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Finn''s Story

Star Wars: Finn''s Story

(Star Wars Disney Canon Junior Novel)

Experience Star Wars: The Force Awakens from the point of view of one of the film’s biggest breakout characters! Finn is a former First Order stormtrooper with a unique story. Follow along as he gets swept up into an adventure he never thought possible!
Kindle Edition
Published September 13th 2016 by Disney Lucasfilm Press

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars

Chelsea 🏳️‍🌈
Picked this up because Finn’s my favorite character and I wanted a lot more of him because TLJ didn’t have a ton.

This was pretty great! For a young reader, it was pretty detailed with Finn’s life in the First Order. Finn has such an interesting backstory and I’m praying JJ will finally get the chance to elaborate more on that in Ep 9.

This is pretty much TFA from Finn’s point of view and has some little details about the daily life of Stormtroopers that the film doesn’t have. For instance, it a
Chrystal
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed getting insights into Finn’s thoughts and motivations. Gave a little extra info for some of the scenes in TFA.
Charles Lupo
Much like Rey's Story, this is just a children's chapter book, which retells The Force Awakens from Finn's perspective. There is a little bit of new information about Finn's squad at the beginning of the book.

Amber
Oct 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent story, but not much detail.
Wilde Sky
Basic recap of a movie.

I found this book quite interesting but it lacked any real depth - some of the background information was good.
Nancy
The story starts just before we see Finn at the village on Jakku. There are some fun personality bits from Finn's inner POV, like "Sanitation for the win", but mostly this is a fairly bland, point by point retelling of TFA from FInn's perspective. (And, more cynically, it's yet another vehicle for Brian's Rood's excellent - but by now omnipresent - TFA artwork.)

I really wanted to live in Finn's head more, go deeper into his character. On the plus side, much is made of the initial lie Finn tells
Sebastian Zavala
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it
It's The Force Awakens from Finn's perspective, no more, no less; exactly what's on the cover. Prose is simplistic and straightforward, and the story... well, if you've seen the movie, then you know all about it. You can probably finish it in like a couple of hours; I'd recommend it more for small children than anyone else.
Darksome
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julie
Yup, a simple retelling of The Force Awakens from Finn's perspective. A good read for maybe 3rd or 4th grade level, and maybe a good lesson in how someone's experiences or perspective affect their information and their interpretation of it. Media literacy, woohoo!!
Sammy
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A slight cheat.
Madison Young
I liked this one even though it was basically just part of The Force Awakens told from Finn’s POV with some pictures (this is canon btw). I do think I liked the Rey one a bit more, though.
Griffin D
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it
It was really short
Sean
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is awsum and becase it was star wars it must have ben hard to make becase they hade to leeve out the parts that finn was not included in like wen a rathtar was oi the mullimeon falkun in the movie they cuold not ad becase at that time fin was nersing chowbaca in the first ade room. theentier book was in Finns perspactiv.
Mario
Sep 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's impossible not to compare this to Rey's Story, and while like it, starts with a few words before the actual begin of the movie, it's not as fleshed or as touching as the Rey book.

The rest is a play-by-play retelling of the movie, which albeit being a good example of prose, really lacks on any new details, easter eggs or additional eye openers.

Worse, while we know that Finn is convalescent at the end of the movie, the book abruptly ends during the snow fight, the character depositing his hop
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Holland, Jesse J. Finn’s Story (Star Wars: The Force Awakens), 137 pages. Language: G; Mature Content: G; Violence: PG (like the movies).

Read Fin’s perspective on the events of the newest Star Wars movie and hear a bit of his thoughts and motivations as he meets Rey and the heroes of the original trilogy. There is no deviation from the movie here, just a little backstory to enjoy.

EL – ADVISABLE. Cindy, Library Teacher
Shaitanah
Jan 08, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Disappointing for me because I didn't realize it was just the retelling of the movie from Finn's POV. I had been hoping for a proper character prequel story. I guess it's not badly written as far as such books go, but I just don't understand the point of this book. We already have several movie novellizations, why not write an actual prequel with some proper background information on Finn? I'm not saying spoil Episode VIII if this information is planned to be included there but at least do *some ...more
Ben
Oct 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bedtime, star-wars
It was fun reading this to my eight year old. It has weird pacing though. It's like the authors realized they were running out of pages when they got to Takodana and they start fast forwarding through scenes. On D’Qar and Star Killer Base they skip a lot of the details to close the book out fast, it is quite jarring.
Judy
Sep 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
A kid's book retelling the movie from Finn's point of view. Doesn't vary from the movie because it can't. Gives a bit of additional background about Finn.

Cool for young, new Star Wars fans. I'd say first to third grade or so, depending on reading skill.
Matthias Noch
It is now the fourth book retelling the E VII story, this time from the perspective of Finn.
No surprises, nearly no additional information, just another book in the line.
Well written and good to read for a children.
Shawn Bernet
Jun 20, 2017
Denny Luis
Sep 26, 2017
Harrison
rated it did not like it
Jul 07, 2017
Luce
Oct 28, 2016
Duane
Sep 29, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

Star Wars Disney Canon Junior Novel (1 - 10 of 41 books)
  • Ezra's Gamble (Star Wars Rebels)
  • Edge of the Galaxy (Star Wars Rebels: Servants of the Empire, #1)
  • Rebel in the Ranks (Star Wars Rebels: Servants of the Empire, #2)
  • Imperial Justice (Star Wars Rebels: Servants of the Empire, #3)
  • The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
  • Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
  • Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
  • The Secret Academy (Star Wars Rebels: Servants of the Empire, #4)
  • Before the Awakening (Star Wars)
  • Tales From a Galaxy Far, Far Away, Vol. 1: Aliens (Star Wars)