Start by marking “Secrets of an Alpha Male” as Want to Read:
Secrets of an Alpha Male

Secrets of an Alpha Male

I'm Connor 'Alpha Male' Anderson. Pound for pound I'm the best MMA fighter in America, and I've got the brains, balls, and brawn to back it up - 230 pounds of pure muscle, infinite charm, and the stamina to last all night long. But with the biggest fight of my career coming up, I've got to keep my pants zipped and get my head in the game.

That's when Frankie Jones comes in.
Published October 2016

Samantha Ortegon
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Secrets of an Alpha Male is my third book by J.D. Hawkins and I have to say, it is my favorite. If I could give more than 5 stars I would. I found Hawkins's writing to be very descriptive, I was able to picture the scenes and feel the emotions of the main characters to the point that I was drawn into the story. I even had attitude changes while I was reading, I felt like I was ready to kick ass one minute and the next chug a kale smoothie.

Connor 'Alpha Male' Anderson is one of the cockiest char
NMmomof4
Nov 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was cute for what it was. I went into it not really expecting much, and I wasn't at all disappointed. It is a pretty light, funny, sexy read. Does it get deep and have much substance? No -- but it was good for a book to read in between those deep or angsty ones.

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Frankie and Connor's story. They bump into each other at a smoothie shop, and they are instantly attracted. Connor can't get her out of his head, so he seeks her out
Cristina | CristiinaReads
➳A cocky, arrogant, high-ego, sexy, yummy, bust emotionally lost UFC fighter, searching for his answers and for the person who can help him find those answers...

➳Connor and Frankie are two opposites; emotionally, physically, and mentally. Connor's attitude is over the top from his ego, acting like he is THE everything and that no one can beat him. While Frankie is just an independent yoga instructor who just wants to not have business problems. When they first meet, not a lot of sparks were...
Olga therebelreader
When struggling yoga teacher Frankie Jones first meets MMA fighter Connor 'Alpha Male' Anderson who is focused on training and fighting for the title she has no clue her life is about to take a drastic turn. The last thing she expects is to fall for a man who makes a living with his fists, but she can’t resist Connor or the tender connection they share.

What follows is a beautiful and erotic love story. The chemistry between them is so potent it fair sizzles off the page. This is a sweet read wit
Paige
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 "Alpha" Stars

Secrets of an Alpha Male is another sexy and witty romance by Mr. Hawkins. He has nearly perfected the art of writing a bad boy who learns his way when he meets the woman he doesn't expect and this book is no different. Connor and Frankie are seemingly two opposites but that only makes it even better. With keen wit and dazzling sex appeal, Secrets of an Alpha Male made me laugh and fall in love.

Connor is an up and coming MMA fighter. Getting ready for his first title fight, his da
Natalie The Biblioholic
Let me start by saying that I've read pretty much all of J.D. Hawkins books, I stalk him regularly on social media, and I'm a huge fan of his work. This book was a bit different from what I've come to expect from him, but it was enjoyable.

First we meet Connor 'Alpha Male' Anderson, a cocky fighter who has literally been plucked from obscurity and thrust into what is the chance of the lifetime for his career - a chance against the current MMA Champion and to earn the belt. If only his incredible
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
Stand-alone
HEA: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Trigger: (view spoiler)

Another JD Hawkins's book? Another winner! For those who think that a 3 star rating is not good, please look at what it means ;)
Because I did like the book.
I call it a winner because I thoroughly enjoyed Connor& Frankie story. As always JD brings us strong independent and confident characters. You mixed it with fun banter, a little drama and lots of sex
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received as part of blog tour*

In my head, when I read “alpha male”, especially in my romance reads, I think those are mighty big words. Automatically, I think, “Oh, really! Hmmm, lemme be the judge of that!” Yes, it does invite judgment right away, I’m sorry, but that’s just how my brain goes. It’s like reading the words “bad boy”. For someone who’s had her share of dark romance reads, I have a high threshold for those words… It’s one thing to talk the talk but for me, being “alpha” is more
Anisa
This was my first book of J.D Hawkins .
I totally loved it ! The characters were so awesome .
Frankie - a hot yoga teacher , confident, proud , calm .
Connor - a MMA fighter , absolutely cocky , arrogant , confident, brave , egotistical...

To be honest , at first I hated Connor , he was such an asshole . His cockiness had no limits , believed that he was the best . But that's when Frankie comes in . She shows him how to meditate , how to be more calm , how to put that big ego of his aside , how
Teresa's Tantalizing Book Teasers
Author, J. D. Hawkins' Best Book so far!!! No Spoilers Here, just my honest opinion!

This book was an "On the Button" knockout for me. (Look up Joe Rogan if you don't know what I'm talking about.) Growing up myself with a Grandfather and Father who watched boxing religiously, I appreciated this book's "Cage Talk" of this generations UFC style of fighting.

So enough about me remembering old school boxing...let's get to our Main Event!

IN THIS CORNER WE HAVE.....Connor "Alpha Male" Anderson and the s
Beneath The Covers Blog
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, 2016-reads, kelly
Hold onto your panties ladies, cause this alpha male will knock you out!

Secrets of an Alpha Male is passionate, electrifying, and sexy AF! From the intense fighting, to the delicious chemistry, everything about it just screams dominance!

Connor "Alpha Male" Anderson is cocky, authoritative, and built like a brick house! He commands attention from everyone, and not just the lusty women in heat. But all it takes is one unexpected encounter with Frankie Jones, and he's a goner. Yoga teacher, compass
Margaret
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 High Fives, Fist Knocking Stars!!!

I have finally found the perfect Book Girlfriend,
yes I know this book is about an Alpha Male named
Connor but ,when you meet Frankie you will swoon
for her I promise.

With the research/knowledge on the MMA fighting
world and yoga/meditation, Mr. Hawkins delivers!!

This alpha male and yoga teacher are a perfect match.
Connor "230 pounds of invincible", sexy, smart, funny,
generous and very dedicated to his sport meets Frankie
the free spirit gifted owner of her ow
❤Sana❤

5 Alpha stars!

I think I'm developing a serious addiction to J.D. Hawkins . His heroes are always mind blowing, gorgeous and know how to make you forget the world when they're around.

What happens when two opposites meet?

What happens when rage is challenged by self control, anger is met with calm, soft curves with hard abs...

Connor 'Alpha Male' Anderson, a cocky, arrogant MMA figther with an ego the size of the universe and a body to kill for.

description

He is every thing the UFC needs now. Two fights and he
Karen
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I know the secret of being an alpha male. I'm just not prepared to tell you until you have your very own cult, have a fiery crotch and a penchant for grey T-shirts.

Connor Anderson has swagger. He's a roughty toughty fighter boy with an ego bigger than the Grand Canyon. He also has a collection of signed Dostoyevsky books, or does he?

Matching the big oaf of pure beef with a hippie yoga teacher who wears tie dye is total genius. And also worthy of lots of research on google images. I do wish I wa
Lauren Luman
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book...

This was my first book to read by this author, and it did not disappoint!

Cocky doesn't begin to describe Connor Anderson. He is the stereotypical definition of what an Alpha Male would be. After winning his first UFC fight on a technicality, Connor is knocked down a few notches, causing him to reevaluate what it really means to be alpha, be the best. Running his mouth and flashing that smile got him absolutely nowhere, at least in the ring.

That smile
Milva
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First of all I'm going to whine again that I can't give more stars. **pouts**

Are you ready for MMA fighter Connor and Yoga teacher Frankie? You should be.
First time ever I didn't forget the female name. I have a girl crush on Frankie. I loved her. You know the sassy girls? She is nothing like that at all. When most characters being sassy are getting annoying I never had it with Frankie. She is the girl I want to be.

As for Connor as Alpha male the same. It was not over the top, but just right. Co
Rebecca Nelson
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a book! I loved Conner and Frankie. They kind of grew on you. Both characters and other minor ones were thoroughly written about and built page by page to "the fight". A lot good principles of control were explored. The MMA fighting was written well enough for a beginner like me to understand. It was beautiful and well-written in context. I hated to leave them!!! As usual, you want "one-more-book" with Conner and Frankie in the book!! The writing is smooth and carries you along with story l ...more
1-Click Addict Support Group
I really enjoyed this book. I hadn't read much of what it was about before-hand and it was my first JD Hawkins book so I went in not knowing what to expect at all.

I was a bit unsure with the prologue as to whether this was going to be the tone for the whole book. Thankfully, reading on it just got better and better. Connor oozes sexiness and a natural confidence – at least on the outside. I loved watching him grow as a person and fell in love with him more and more, even through his f**k ups.

"C
Kelly Emery (Beneath The Covers Blog)
A total knockout! JD Hawkins' best book to date!

Full review can be found at Beneath The Covers Blog --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.*
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, blogged
4.5 Alpha Stars

4.5 Stars
This is only my second time reading a book by JD Hawkins but I feel like I'm familiar with his writing style already. His story telling is both simple and complicated and extremely difficult for me to describe.

This story started off a little rough for me. The whole "Alpha Male" thing felt over the top and, frankly, I didn't fall in love with Connor right away. But the beauty of books is how the author tells a story and develops the characters into who they are meant to
Candi~Dirty Laundry Review
I'm not even sure where to start with this book. Let's start by me saying that I'm not really into fighting. Sure, I've watched some UFC fights here and there. But nothing that I was passionate about such as football or baseball...etc. But I will tell you this, I now have a complete new admiration and utmost respect for this sport. And the UFC has a new fan!!! All because of this book!!!

Frankie and Connor put a whole new meaning to opposites attract! One being a hippy-ish yoga instructor and th
Karen Mc
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“It ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.” ~Rocky Balboa

Some stories, like a fighter on the mat, pack a punch to your gut, grabbing you when you least expect it in a move you did not see coming. You’re left in shock. Your head may be spinning while your body may be swaying in a mind-blown state. J.D. Hawkins’ Secrets of an Alpha Male struck me like a sucker punch, hard and
Julie Linhart
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4 3/4 stars. Take one hot fighter, add a dash or make that a really large scoop of cockiness, throw in a very Zen yoga chick and you get the recipe for a fun book to read.

Connor Anderson is your cocky hot fighter who is getting his big chance in the UFC. He's slated for one entrance fight and then a title match so to say Connor is pretty cocky about his fighting skills is an understatement. The guy is used to the typical fighter groupie girls but really meets his match when he meets his polar op
Rose  He
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Secrets of an Alpha Male is one more amazing book by JD Hawkins.
It is the kind of book that once you begin to read it, you can’t stop.
A story about Connor MMA Alpha Male fighter and Frankie a Yoga teacher, as much as I liked Connor, I LOVED Frankie.
I could feel the chemistry between them and how their relationship and love began to grow. Butch the trainer is an amazing character and then there is Matt, I would love to read a book about him.
Jaime and Tara… sometimes I wished I could punch them, b
Tosha Rabideau
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let me just start by saying J.D. is an amazing writer and he surprises me with each book he puts out. I love an alpha male and Connor has that in spades; confident, strong, dedicated to achieving his goals. Then he meets Frankie when he takes a yoga class to help him focus. Frankie is my girl; a hard worker that is determined to make it on her without help from anyone. Can she help Connor or will she be a pleasant distraction?? Grab your copy of Secrets of an Alpha Male, you will not regret it.
Lisa
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this book twice, back-to-back because I didn't want to miss a thing and JD's carefully worded writing style keeps me on my toes. Hawkins offers up a glimpse into the life of a man on the rise in the MMA fighting world.

Connor "Alpha Male" Anderson is joining the UFC after being in small organized fights for a couple of years and training for an upcoming shot at the Light-heavyweight Title. He's as cocky and brash as his name suggests and a chance meeting in line at the local juice bar has
Jen
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
ratings 4
Cue the Rocky music and get ready to meet one hot freakin alpha!!

Connor 'Alpha Male' Anderson is one bad a$$ fighter. He knows what he wants and isn't afraid to go for it in the ring and out of it. He's hot, knows how to please a women and will bring you to your knees.

Frankie Jones is a hard working, dedicated yoga instructor and business owner. She's smart and feisty but struggling to stay afloat.

When the two cross paths, their attraction is undeniable. When they hook up (?), holy bejeezus I t
Jay
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Whats is really an Alpha Male?
That's the question and it was answer beautifully.

description

Connor and Frankie were a combinations made by the gods. They truly complemented each other, they were each other halves.

I think this has to be JD most profound story. This story felt real, raw and all those things you feel when a story is more than a story and you can feel it like it was a reality. Being an Alpha Male is no joke and it requires a true man to be one, and Connor and Frankie realize that. Nothings com
FunUndertheCovers
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
J.D. has knocked this one out of the park. I loved every word from start to finish!

Connor is a sexy, cocky and bossy MMA fighter. All traits of an alpha male and he know is and owns it. Frankie is beautiful and loves her yoga studio. Can these two people who are so opposite, help one another?

I loved this book. I couldn't stop reading. I needed to know what was going to happen next. This book is so sexy and hot, but also so passionate. These two are so passionate about their careers. This story i
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

I went into this book thinking Connor, the hero, was going to be over the top and someone I might have a hard time liking. As a matter of fact, the prologue had me convinced I was right and put the put down for a few days. But when I picked this back up, I discovered a Connor I really liked and who was more than the Alpha Male character he waved around.

Connor is an up and coming UFC fighter who meets local yoga instructor, Frankie, while in
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Wanted: County Knights MC
  • LUST (The Brody Bunch #2)
  • Jake
  • Everything I Want  (The Everything Trilogy #3)
  • Going the Distance (Down for the Count, #2)
  • Stolen Kisses
  • Kissing The Enemy
  • Hate (Love & Hate, #1)
  • Ride: In Between the Covers (Carolina Bad Boys #2.5)
  • Karter
  • The Fight (Fight, #1)
  • Let Me (O'Brien Family, #2)
  • Reaper Unleashed
  • Letting Lox In (Marco's MMA Boys #1)
  • Raw Temptation (Tempted, #2)
  • Caged (Bound by Cage, #1)
  • Step F*@k: Book One (Step F*@k, #1)
“A woman like that, Connor, can make the difference between achieving every dream you've ever had, and sitting in a bar as an old man talking about how you lost those dreams to anybody who'll listen.” 0 likes
“She's the kind of girl you can go crazy, go to jail, or go to grave over. But the bottom line is that she's teaching me a lot.” 0 likes