Start by marking “On the Ropes” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
On the Ropes

Hallee Bridgeman

On the Ropes

Ruth dreams of one day making a life with Victor. After witnessing a gangland triple murder at the hands of Victor's father, Ruth goes into hiding until she can testify in open court. When Victor finds her will he spare her life or silence her for good?
Published 2016 by Olivia Kimbrell Press

To ask other readers questions about On the Ropes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On the Ropes

Deana Dick
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a pager turner this book is. It completely took me off guard and I loved how the suspense kept building to an action packed ending. Ruth seems to have a nice life. She is a surgical resident and loves her job. She likes taking care of people and the staff at the hospital find her to be very compassionate around patients. Her safe world is shattered one evening when she witnesses a horrible crime. Now she must do everything possible to keep her whereabouts secret. Would you give up your safe ...more
Lerato
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was hesitant to read a book where it alternates between the past and present but I'm glad I didn't stop reading this one. If, like me, you do not particularly enjoy books that have the past and present and find that they normally drag on forever and can sometimes be confusing, I can promise you that this book does not cause any confusion and the past-present writing style only assists us in knowing the 2 soul's beautiful journey since it was initially over 4 years.

I've always imagined myself m
Elizabeth
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On The Ropes : A Romantic Suspense Novella
By: Hallee Bridgeman

On The Ropes is A Romantic Suspense Novella by Hallee Bridgeman. The Author drew me in after the first few chapters and did not let go till the end. She kept me guessing what was going to happen next. The story goes back and forth between the present and the past. Bridgman pens a very suspense with some romance novella. Ruth is a medical student who is going after her Doctor’s degree and she falls in love with Victor Kovalev who is a
Heather
Just when Ruth's life was headed the way she wanted it, she would end up in the wrong place at the wrong time and witness a mafia execution. Finding out her fiancé isn't who she thought he was the same night her sister is murdered, she flees for her life with nothing but her sister's dog.

Life under cover is going smoothly as she awaits the time she's called to testify against the mob boss. While it's hard to prepare herself to face this man, it's even harder to prepare herself to see his son, he
April
On the Ropes by Hallee Bridgeman is part of the Smoke and Mirrors Romantic Suspense Collection and currently available on Kindle Unlimited!

Wow, it did not take long for Bridgeman to capture and hold my attention with this exciting novella! This was one that had me in its' grip and did not let go until the end. The pace was perfect, the suspense heightened but not enough to keep you from sleeping at night. Honestly, I started this late last night and really wanted to finish it in one sitting but
Ann
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this story as part of the Smoke and Mirrors collection. It is an edge of the seat suspense with lots of twists and turns that certainly kept me guessing and reading to see what was going to happen next. I thoroughly enjoyed it and definitely recommend it.
Phyllis
I wish I remembered where I found this book, because I feel like I need to send a thank you to someone for recommending it

The story was gripping and fast-paced, with several flash-backs to help establish the details and set the stage for the rest of the story.  The details about the Mafia execution that Ruth witnessed and her subsequent journey into witness protection were provided little by little, but in just the right manner to create a suspenseful story that flowed well.

Though some heavy top
Jackie
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On the Ropes by Hallee Bridgeman is a romantic suspense novella. I have read many of this author’s novels, and this one is as intriguing as the others. The plots are always engaging, and the characters are very appealing and developed. This story alternates between the past and the present so that the reader learns what has happened to the main character.
Dr. Ruth Burnette is a surgical resident who enjoys her career and her life. She and her twin sister are very close and adopt a dog that her si
Rayleigh
I received this book from the author/publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

In On The Ropes, we read of a young girl named Mara Harrison trying to escape her hidden past. With the story changing timelines, we soon find out the link between her two worlds and are able to fully understand who Mara is.

The book is well written, but has a mostly predictable story line. Although, it does have a few twists that keep you "On the Ropes." The plot is easy t
Sharon Grow
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had never read anything by this author, but really enjoyed this book. Doctor Ruth Burnette has been dating boxer Victor Kovalev and one night witnesses Victor’s father commit murder. The father knows that Ruth is a possible witness and in trying to remove her from the scene, has Ruth’s twin sister killed instead. Ruth had already gone to the police and is transferred to WITSEC until the trial. Ruth is dealing with grief and guilt over the death of her sister and unsure of Victor’s part in her ...more
Angelica McDonald
This novella surprised me more than I thought it would. This is the first time I read a novel by this author and I was not disappointed. Although I would have to admit some parts of the plot did seem predictable, I was still very engaged throughout the story. I really enjoyed the main character, Ruth’s struggle with her faith and defying her fiancé’s family. I could truly feel Ruth’s pain and understand her...
Read the rest on my blog Bookaholic Lounge at https://bookaholicloungeblog.wordpres...
Joleen
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novella was actually pretty good. The female doctor is in love with the young man who is a boxer by trade, but his family is involved with the Russian mafia, unbeknownst to her.
Being in the wrong place at the wrong time ends up to be really bad news for her. People around her are hurt or killed because of what she witnessed. She goes on the run under witness protection, but her boyfriend stays behind and takes over the family business.
There's a lot more to the story, but I won't give it
Janice
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story, where a young man has to decide between the God he loves and the woman he loves, vs. his evil father. He makes the right choice, but will they ever be able to live in peace? I liked the name "Marshall Tucker", who helped keep their identities secret. I liked the reminder from Isaiah 40:29 that God gives power to the weak.
Sandra
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The characters are strong three dimensional people. You follow them every step of the way, whatever they go through. There is action, suspense and tension in the story that grabs and keeps your attention from start to finish. Very engaging, compelling story line.

I am a fan of this author with this story. Very well done! Strongly recommend!

Lois Mecord
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the change in the writing of this book. I love the backgrounds being so very different of the characters and the depth of their personalities. The only reason I did not give this 5 🌟 is because one of two of the others stuck me stronger. Love your books.
Ru4repeat
Nail-biting, page-turning, breath-holding suspense

While parts of the story were pretty violent, and graphic they certainly added to the suspense. The story flowed and the characters were well defined. I appreciate that the romance wasn't too steamy.
Jeannine Wickliffe
Ruth and Victor really dont match. She is finishing up her medical residency and he is a boxer whose family is mafia. God brings them together, but due to tragedy they are seperated. At the trial can they find their love and be together. With Gods help all things are possible
Jackie
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow what a first time book from this amazing writer. Ruth has everything going for her until she witnessed a mafia murder by accident. Gripping book.
Jasmine
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romantic suspense fans
Exciting! Chilling! What a wild ride! The perfect short read for a winter day when it's much more fun to be inside where it's warm.
Cindy
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An edge of the seat suspense story of love in spite of the odds and forgiveness in the face of betrayal
Pat
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On the Ropes by Hallee Bridgeman is a page turner, fast-paced action, suspense and longer than most novellas (thank goodness). Twins that are both doctors (residents), one is murdered, a fiance who is a professional boxer and the son of a crime boss. What did one of the twins witness? Murder, witness protection, non-stop suspense. The author will snag your attention right away and not let go. I don't normally like novellas (just not long enough & they leave too much unsaid) but not in this b ...more
Lillie
Things are not all what they seem in this short Christian romantic suspense novella. There was an unexpected twist that totally changed the outcome of the story.
Linda Palmer
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I throughly enjoyed this book. I shutter to think of the research she had to do regarding the Russian mafia to include in this book. Great story about Ruth and Victor.
Katie Robles
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet love story. I really enjoyed it.
Kerry
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-suspence, ku
A lovely novella. The characters were complex and intriguing, and the plot kept me engaged.
Pattisue
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-authors
Two unlikely people find each other and love in a coffee shop in New York. This story follows Dr. Ruth Burnette over the course of three years. The action flips back and forth from the past to present day.
Ruth is the classic example of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. In one moment, her life is completely erased. She loses her career, her sister Esther, her love and her freedom. But she doesn’t lose her will to live and serve God.
Boxer Victor Kovalev is the heir of a Russian mafia c
Mary Jane
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good story I could not put down.

I have love every book I have read by this author. She has the talent create characters you want to know about and come to love. Real people in real struggles.
Julie Barrett
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On the Ropes by Hallee Bridgeman
Book goes from present to the past and you learn just who the characters are. She is now in witsec and must testify to put some away in jail forever.
Her sister has died already because of what she saw and she was relocated to keep her safe. She listens to her ex fiancee while he is also in court to testify and she learns so many new things about him and his life.
His family is the Russian mob although he was not but he's also there to turn states evidence and he ho
Melissa
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hallie Bridgeman has a way of bringing to life not only her story but her characters. Often suspenseful but always enjoyable, On the Ropes does not disappoint.
Ruth has a glamorous life. She and her sister are best friends. Her medical career is taking off. Finally, her fiancé is the most wonderful man but does his life hold secrets that could destroy it all? When tragedy strikes, Ruth learns to depend on her faith and her dog to get her through. When she must face her past, the hurt, betrayal, a
Anne Rightler
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
On The Ropes by Hallee Bridgeman is a novella of suspense and romance. Ruth, a surgical resident, is witness to a Russian Mafia execution and is now in witness protection. Emotions have been like a roller coaster ride, overwhelming and threatening to destroy her, yet her faith in God sustains her. Victor, professional boxer, is the heir to the Mafia business and deeply in love with Ruth. Bridgeman brings a fast-paced, action-packed story to her readers. From the first page to last, this novella ...more
With more than half a million book sales, Hallee Bridgeman is a best-selling Christian author who writes action-packed romantic suspense focusing on realistic characters who face real world problems. Her work has been described as everything from refreshing to heart-stopping exciting and edgy.

An Army brat turned Floridian, Hallee finally settled in central Kentucky with her family so that she coul