Start by marking “The Perfect Girlfriend” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Girlfriend

The Perfect Girlfriend

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  8,267 ratings  ·  1,522 reviews
YOU’VE NEVER READ A LOVE STORY AS TWISTED AS THIS.

Juliette loves Nate.

She will follow him anywhere. She’s even become a flight attendant for his airline so she can keep a closer eye on him.

They are meant to be.

The fact that Nate broke up with her six months ago means nothing. Because Juliette has a plan to win him back.

She is the perfect girlfriend. And she’ll make sure no
Published February 27th 2018 by Wildfire

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Girlfriend, please sign up.
Diane Tanner I've never been a fan of books written in the 'first person', and I also don't like to put another writer down but this book just didn't do it for me.…moreI've never been a fan of books written in the 'first person', and I also don't like to put another writer down but this book just didn't do it for me. It had a few interesting moments, but as soon as you think things are starting to pick up it turns out to be very anti-climactic. There wasn't a whole lot of excitement in the story, and I seriously didn't care about any of the characters. I found it very slow, and about half way through the book I had lost interest, though I did stay with it till the end. I'm sure there are other readers who might have really loved this book, which is great, but for me personally I just didn't enjoy it.(less)

·  8,267 ratings  ·  1,522 reviews

Miriam Smith
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: twitter
Oh wow! What a compelling, brilliantly written psychological thriller "The Perfect Girlfriend" is, from a very talented debut author Karen Hamilton.
Meet Juliette - attractive, romantic, passionate, obsessed, psychotic and IN LOVE. She is the perfect girlfriend. She'll make sure no one stops her from getting exactly what she wants - the perfect boyfriend, the perfect life, the perfect ending. How far will she go to get what she wants? How far would you go?
There's unfortunately not a lot that can
Julie
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Perfect Girlfriend by Karen Hamilton is a 2019 Graydon House publication.

Takes obsession to a whole new level-

Six months ago, Nate broke things off with Juliette, and processed to move on with his life. Little does the handsome airline pilot know that Juliette has not accepted the break-up. In her mind they belong together, and she will go to any length to get him back- proving to Nate, once and for all, that she is the ‘perfect girlfriend’.

Told from Juliette’s first- person perspective, th
Kaceey
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Oh my gosh, this book gives new meaning to the word obsession!

Just when you think you’ve seen it all! Or in our case read it all, comes this little gem of a thriller that will leave you speechless!

Her name is Lily but also goes by her middle name Juliette. It just depends on who she interacts with or what situation she finds herself in. She has separate Facebook accounts for each persona. Her primary goal? Get married. And not to just anyone! She is determined to have Nate - whether he wants her
Holly  B
Oh ...that was fun💕

Fatal attraction taken to the airlines!

He loves me..... He loves me not!

A bit of a gender cross-over in this obsessed stalker novel. Juliette is so motivated to keep tabs on pilot and boyfriend, Nate, that she becomes a flight attendant. Oh my gosh, I would have loved to see the expression on Nate's face when she "revealed" her new role to him (and while on the job)!

Juliette sees herself as a "perfect girlfriend" and believes wholeheartedly in the mantra "If you love someon
Berit☀️✨
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, blog-tour, arc
The Perfect Girlfriend is perfectly crazy!

Lock up your bunnies boys, Juliet/Lily is here! This book was Fatal Attraction’s crazier big sister! This wild story has movie written all over it, and the part of Juliet would be so much fun to play. Karen Hamilton has written an addictive entertaining story about one of the most likable psychotic characters I have ever met in a book. This was one mind blowing thrilling debut novel!

Juliet, the psychotic formerly known as Lily has one goal in life..
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*

If you love someone, set them free.
If they come back, they're yours. If they don't, make them.

Juliette knows that she and Nate were meant to be together. They have a long history and even though he broke up with her, she knows it was meant to be. She just needs to make sure that he gets with the program. Stupid man.
So Juliette gets herself hired at his airline. (He is a pilot) and she keeps an "eye" on him.

BTW: Juliette's investigative skills are off the chain.

It did take me a minut
Felicia
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
"If you love someone, set them free.
If they come back, they're yours.
If they don't, make them."

What in the cray-cray did I just read?

This book is the very definition of a slow starter. If not for my fascination with the psychotic inner dialogue of the main character, the only character really, Elizabeth/Lily/Juliette or whatever she's calling herself on any given day, I might have given up on this one.

...and that would have been a colossal mistake.

Somewhere around the 40% mark this story takes
Michelle
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c-w-mars
"The girl gave her heart to the boy and their fate was sealed. Seriously, he should have listened, because no one can fight fate. No one."

If only Elizabeth / Lily / Juliette had warned Nate of this sooner because this poor dude is about to have his life flipped upside down by one of the craziest whack jobs ever. To call this lady persistent is the understatement of the year. She will stop at nothing to get her man and it was so much fun to watch (read?) for this reader! These types of books a
Erin
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, kindle
Thanks to NetGalley and Harlequin- Graydon House Books for a digital galley in exchange for an honest review

OMG this was downright creepy with a protagonist that made my skin crawl. Of course, I just couldn't put it down.

I have never considered myself a "boy crazy" type of gal and over the course of my teen and adult years, it has made me cringe at the "thirstiness" of some people when it comes to relationships. Our protagonist, Juliette, is basically a diabetic over her ex, and she is will
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
YOU’VE NEVER READ A LOVE STORY AS TWISTED AS THIS.

You can find my full review and more at PhDiva.blog!

You know when you read a book and you know who you are supposed to like and dislike, and somehow you feel the exact opposite? That describes how I read The Perfect Girlfriend in a nutshell!!! This book is T-W-I-S-T-E-D!!! I sat down to write this and I wasn’t even sure how to begin because this is one of the strangest and most entertaining books I’ve read in ages—in a good way!

Told in first pe
ABookwormWithWine
⭐⭐⭐⭐ / 5

The Perfect Girlfriend by Karen Hamilton is another book about obsession, but one that I thought was executed very well. When I first started this book I thought it was a bit of a slow read, but after I put it down for awhile and came back to it I devoured the rest of it very quickly.

The Perfect Girlfriend tells the story of a crazypants girl named Juliette and her obsession with a man named Nate. They dated for a bit and end up breaking up, but Juliette refuses to accept that as being
Erin Clemence
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads, kindle
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a free, electronic ARC of this novel received in exchange for an honest review.

Juliette has met the love of her life in Nate, a handsome and charming pilot. Even though Nate broke it off with her six months ago, Juliette knows that Nate is in love with her too. She has made it her life mission to show him that he loves her, and to rekindle their relationship. After getting a job as a flight attendant, so she can be around him more, she slowly starts t
Rachel Hall
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, they’re yours. If they don’t, make them.”
The course of true love never did run smooth but for woman on a mission, Juliette Price, actions definitely speak louder than words. In fact Juliette is so inordinately single-minded that she is almost a force of nature and willing to play a decidedly long game in her quest for the perfect future with her ex-boyfriend and pilot, Nate Goldsmith. Whilst her ex may have just called time on their burgeon
Pauline
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The Perfect Girlfriend by Kate Hamilton is the story of Juliette who is still in love with her ex boyfriend Nate and will do anything to get him back. This was a scary psychological thriller about obsession. I would like to thank NetGalley and Headline for my e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
Susanne  Strong
3 Stars

Obsession.

It’s something that Juliette (aka Elizabeth/Lily) is very familiar with. The thing is, she loves Nate. She adores him and she simply wants to be with him. It doesn’t register with her that he broke up with her months ago and doesn’t seem to want to be with her. That’s trivial!
She knows that they are meant to be. He is her soulmate and she will be with him. Forever.

Juliette does whatever it takes to be near him, including sneaking into his flat sometimes and taking a job with
Dita
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's pretty good, it dragged a bit in spots but overall a creepfest of a cautionary tale. I will think about this one for awhile!
Jayme
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Full disclosure: As a flight attendant for a US airline, this was a tale of two halves for me.

For the first 50% of the book, I was enjoying the true portrayal of a flight attendant’s life...the training, the co-workers who overshare on the jumpseat (we call it jumpseat psychology), the expectations of the passengers and that flight attendants HATE working LAS VEGAS flights!! (Although I don’t fly International so I deal with all of that WITHOUT the rewards of 3 days of sightseeing, or
j e w e l s
TWO STARS-NOVEL, ONE STAR-AUDIO

I may be guilty of letting a VERY BAD, HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE narrator influence my rating on this novel. But, the story is so dumb, that I'm sure I wouldn't have enjoyed it anyway.

You guys know how angry I get when I waste a precious Audible credit on a bad production. AAAAARGHHH (Using an Audible credit is my very last resort, reserved for only the books I've researched, sampled and really want to read. Usually used for the newest books that I either missed on Netgal
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
When I read the description for The Perfect Girlfriend, I knew I had to get my hands on it! I’ve said it a million times, but I’ll say it again – I love books involving stalking! There’s just something extra creepy and chilling about them!

The Perfect Girlfriend follows Juliette, who has recently been dumped by her boyfriend. We learn pretty quickly that Juliette is a nut. She sneaks into her ex’s apartment while he’s at work, secretly follows him around to take pictures of him to add to her “col
Amy
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: physical-arcs
4.5/5

That blurb above is the stuff my dreams are made of, it’s disturbing enough to pique my interest, it alludes to obsession and hints at stalker like behavior AND it’s exactly enough to reel me in and make me want to read more. I’m not sure what that says about me as a person, but I have been dying to read this since the first time I read the cover and let me tell you, it was SO worth the wait.

The entire story is told from Juliette’s point of view and Hamilton uses this opportunity to dive de
Helga
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pigeonhole, crime, british
An engaging and well written psychological thriller with an unreliable, obsessive, manipulative and creepy aka psychotic main character. In other words, it was a nightmare to be in her head as she was narrating her story from her warped and deranged point of view.

How far would you go to make your dreams of a perfect future come true?
Juliette loves Nate. Juliette would do anything to keep Nate for herself. Juliette is the perfect girlfriend.

Well, I sure wouldn’t want a Juliette in my life!
♡ Kim ♡
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Now that was one crazy girl - and read!
Nicola
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one crazy book !!!!

Juliette (Elizabeth when she was younger)wants Nate and nothing or no one is going to stand in her way of getting her man...only thing is Juliette (Elizabeth) is Nate’s ex and he does not believe Juliette is ‘The Perfect Girlfriend’ if anything she is the perfect nightmare.

The story starts with an incident from Juliette’s past and then moves to present day. Juliette is the main narrator and she is one character you do not want in your head.

I found the opening chapters
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

2.5 Stars

Uhhhhhhhhhh . . . . .

Once again I am the dissenter in the ranks amongst my friends and their high ratings. However, at 3.68 this book doesn’t have a high rating from the masses in general so maybe I didn’t read it completely wrong??? I also chose to pick it up during a time when my attitude was like such . . . .

So maybe that can shoulder part of the blame. Thanks work for being so extra last week, you turd!

I really wanted/
Carrie
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The Perfect Girlfriend by Karen Hamilton is a thriller that takes readers into the mind of one very obsessive ex girlfriend. Juliette’s love for Nate knows no bounds and she’ll stop at nothing to get what she believes is hers.

Juliette and Nate were a couple once but then Nate gave Juliette the old I need some space speech and left her behind. Juliette however still loves Nate and she knows that he loves her too even if he doesn’t realize it himself so a little help never hurts, right? Juliette h
Zoe
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slow burning, guileful, and chilling!

The Perfect Girlfriend is a complex, compelling, psychological thriller that takes you into the life of the determined, consumed Juliette as she embarks on a relentless journey to win back the heart of her ex-boyfriend at any cost.

The prose is tight and intense. The characters are self-absorbed, crafty, and deliciously unlikable. And the plot, using flashbacks to the past and told through a first-person, unreliable narrator, builds steadily and is full of unf
Mandy White
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible
Wow.. what a crazy book that was! I felt sorry for her at the same time that I was in shock... great read
Karen
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you love someone, set them free.

If they come back, they’re yours. If they don’t, make them.

Oh my, what a character Juliette is. If you ever meet anyone like her RUN, as fast as you can in the opposite direction.

This debut from Karen Hamilton is a fabulously unnerving, entertaining read and a very different psychological thriller.

Juliette (or Elizabeth or Lily) has had a difficult background, details of which are slowly revealed throughout the story. When she meets Nate, a handsome airline p
Lou
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Original stories are so difficult to come by, and not just in the thriller genre. THE PERFECT GIRLFRIEND turns everything on its head, as you see what it feels like to be the stalker rather than the victim, a unique twist on the crime novel that works extremely well. It illustrates the state of mind of the stalker who is obsessive and creepy. With lovers like these who needs enemies!?

A very different novel that is rather terrifying, I enjoyed it immensely. THE PERFECT GIRLFRIEND highlights the f
Amanda
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it
You can also read my review here:https://devouringbooks2017.wordpress....

I had a review copy of this novel for a while, but lately I have been on more of a fantasy kick. After reading My Lovely Wife and reviewing it a few friends of mine recommended that I check out The Perfect Girlfriend. After reading several rave reviews I knew that I had to see what all the hype was about. The Perfect Girlfriend is quite the page turner. The level of obsession that Juliette has for Nate seems absolutely insa

• Beautiful Bad
  • A Stranger on the Beach
  • The Night Before
  • The Better Sister
  • Call Me Evie
  • The Next to Die (Spilling CID, #10)
  • The Escape Room
  • Mine
  • Sleep
  • The Perfect Alibi (Robin Lockwood #2)
  • Little Darlings
  • When I Find You
Karen Hamilton caught the travel bug after an early childhood spent abroad (Angola, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Belgium and Italy) and having worked as cabin crew for a major airline.
In 2006, she and her husband put down roots in Hampshire UK and four years ago, she later gave up flying to raise their three sons and concentrate on her writing.
In 2009, she decided to 'become a writer.'

The Perfect Girlfrien
“People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” 2 likes
“At five on the dot, we are released through” 0 likes