Start by marking “Sinister Ties (Curse of the Demon Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sinister Ties (Curse of the Demon Series, #1)

Sinister Ties (Curse of the Demon Series #1)

3.33  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
The screams of a child trapped in a blazing fire, echo in the depths of a deserted stone hallway, leaving Bodhi terrified and shaken to his core. Has the dark stormy night conjured a nightmare for him or is this a premonition of something terrible coming his way?

Max Devon lives a happy peaceful life with his wife and daughter. When his past comes knocking on his door, his
ebook
Published July 16th 2016 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Sinister Ties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sinister Ties

Whispering Stories
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
‘Sinister Ties’ is the first book in a new series of supernatural novels by Delhi-based author, Shirley S. Simon. The opening sequence lasted for the first ten per cent of the book and I confess I was confused as to what was going on, as the characters were identified only by the pronouns ‘he’ and ‘she’. However the content was sufficiently interesting to encourage me continue.

The book cover gave a clear signal that this book would be eerie and it definitely lived up to its billing.

The writing w
Detra
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
The story line was good but pieces were left missing. I read the Ebook for free in exchange for an honest review through LibraryThing's contest from the author. I felt at times there was something lacking from the story but can't say what because I still am not sure. The book was a good read with lots of rising action and suspenseful parts. It was relatively shorter than most books I read. But good. The story world and characters could've used more building upon and the mysterious background of ...more
Rebecca
Jan 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of occult
Max hasn't seen his Aunt for many years. His dad rescued him from her evil ritual she was performing on him when he was just a little boy. Out of the blue she knocks at the front door. She does not look like an elderly lady, like Max imagined she would of, instead she has long black hair and fine smooth skin like a twenty year old. His Aunt worships a demon that gives her youth in return for sacrifices. She had failed with her sacrifice on Max when he was a child and the gods were not happy with ...more
Joan Carney
Max and Claire have been warned. “The winds of change are coming” and their children are in danger. But will they listen to the vagabond’s advice? Knowing what the intruder wants, can they thwart the evil plans in store for them?
I can’t say too much more without spoilers, so suffice it to say that this is a fast paced book that I found hard to put down. The well-drawn characters draw you into their emotional tension and, like an Alfred Hitchcock movie, you’re rooting for the hero to get there i
Julie Haiselden
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
As part of the Whispering Stories Team, I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Please follow the link below:

Stars = 3.5
Mandie
Jul 12, 2018
Tina Derby
rated it it was ok
Jun 03, 2018
Daniel
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very good read, fast paced. Could have used a little more background and character development without slowing down the story but a great story about a family and their friends trying to survive a family member reviving an old family deal for wealth and vitality with an ancient god/demon.
Susanne
May 28, 2018
Katie Carson
Apr 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I was given a review copy by the author, Shirley Simon, in exchange for an honest review.

Max, his wife, Claire, and their daughter, Noreen, live a peaceful life in their small town, until Max's Aunt Ida returns after many years, trailing trouble right behind her. She's the last person Max wants to see, as she drags up a dark family past he thought he'd put to rest. But Ida isn't interested in letting him forget, and the demons she intends to raise may be more real than anyone imagined.

Sinister T
Apr 13, 2017
Sarah Rodriguez
marked it as to-read
May 08, 2018
Shirley lives in Delhi, India with her family. Her love for the mysterious and the supernatural grew early on as a child, listening  about haunted houses, apparitions on lonely roads and paranormal activities, supposedly true stories narrated by family and neighbors.

Those stories fueled a fascination for the unknown, one that she kept fed with a regular dose of ghosts, demons, the paranormal and e
More about Shirley S. Simon