Start by marking “Phil Gordon's Little Blue Book: More Lessons and Hand Analysis in No Limit Texas Hold'em” as Want to Read:

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  246 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
In Poker: The Real Deal and Phil Gordon's Little Green Book, Phil Gordon -- a world-class player and teacher -- shared the strategies, tips, and expertise he's gleaned during his phenomenally successful career. Now he shows players how to apply those theories to actual hands in order to make smart, confident decisions with every move.

Gordon walks readers through hands th
Published October 3rd 2006 by Gallery Books (first published August 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Phil Gordon's Little Blue Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phil Gordon's Little Blue Book

Clare Fitzgerald
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fish like me
After reading and enjoying Phil Gordon's Poker: The Real Deal and Phil Gordon's Little Green Book, I debated whether to pick up Phil Gordon's Little Blue Book or wait until I felt I'd mastered the concepts in the Little Green Book better (read: at all). Eventually, I remembered that it's never good when I decide to deliberately derail my own momentum at something, so I ordered the Little Blue Book while I still felt like it, and picked it up and started reading it as soon as I felt like it.

I
Susan B.
Feb 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in preparation for possible World Tour of Poker participation this summer in Vegas! I liked Phil Gordon's first book (Little Green Book of Poker) so well that I followed up with this one. This book continued where that one left off and contains lessons about various situations and problems that come up regularly in the course of tournament poker. My poker style is pretty consistent with his, so reading all three of his books has helped my game a lot. Of course, there's no substi ...more
John Dutt
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
My poker playing has been pretty minimal as of late and the little bit I've played not so productive so I felt it was time for some poker academia. Phil Gordon is a good read - his self-deprecating style and willingness to admit there are many different theories to how to play hands is what I appreciate most. This book is basically a collection of hands he's played over the years - I got a great deal of enjoyment, and hopefully education, out of playing out these hands in my mind myself. Usually ...more
Joona Puustelli
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'd say the book is fun more than anything. I first read the book before i knew anything about poker, but came back to it after i had learned i fear bit. And both times i found it easy and fun to read. Phil makes it easy for you to see each game he explains from the eyes of the player, and teaches you along the way. He also ends each little story of the games with a summary of what happened, what he did right and wrong.

The book is easy to read and is good for beginners to learn about hold 'em po
Raphael Clayette
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poker
Only read the tournament pages (from 94 to 266, in a 322 pages book). It was very interesting. Nicely contextuLized. Both winning and loosing hands, makes it real. Phil gordon makes us feel the poker with his well written (known and) interesting style. Makes a player evolve.
Darrel Owen
Oct 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Loved this book and the Little Green Book as well. I like how he walks you through multiple scenarios and gives you his mindset as he decides on a course of action.
Mike Hoffman
Jun 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
This poker book was terrific . . . . . the stories of the hands are definately there to give you an idea how a professional thinks and plays the game. That level is what most seek to attain.
Benjamin Siess
Aug 04, 2011 rated it liked it
Not nearly as good as the green book. A lot less poker info and more poker stories.
CV Rick
Jun 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poker
Like the Little Green Book, this is a must-read for anyone who wants to improve their no-limit hold'em game. I will be reviewing, highlighting, and studying this book for years to come.
Tim
Feb 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, poker
Gordon is a good popularizer of poker strategy (probably not super original, by his own account). But he has been tarred by the Full Tilt poker scandal (he's disappeared)! Reviewed for Card Player.
Frankx99
Nov 06, 2007 rated it liked it
Picks up where his Little green Book leaves off. I'm not too enamored with Phil Gordon. He seems to be somewhat of a jack-ass
Jim Cramer
Mark
Mar 21, 2009
Matt Van Horn
Jun 01, 2010
  • Harrington on Hold 'em: Expert Strategy for No-Limit Tournaments, Volume I: Strategic Play
  • Small Stakes Hold 'em: Winning Big with Expert Play