Start by marking “Chained to the Devil's Son” as Want to Read:

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  201 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
It was supposed to be the start of a new chapter in their lives. What it turned out to be was a life worse than death.

When Evelyn Jones’ family made a wrong turn onto the property of one of the most racist men in the south, she discovered that Hell is definitely a place on earth. She had few memories of the loving life her parents’ provided. Constant fear replaced her fre
Published July 11th 2016 by SSW Publications

To ask other readers questions about Chained to the Devil's Son, please sign up.

Jai It briefly mentions the action occurred, but it did not go into depth.

Bibi
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: inter-racial, dark
Looking for a book that'll make your blood boil and your heart break? Then look no further because Chained to the Devil's Son is all kinds of mind-bending evil.
This story may well push you to break your e-reader while contemplating exfoliating your skin with bleach.

Reading this book was tough. Imagine all the abduction stories you've read, then multiply the evil by a factor of 12. When you read novels about abductions and captives, it's usually with a romantic view and although this does end wi
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Cefus is the monster born from nightmares and brought to life. Not only is he mean and surly but he's evil. The kind of evil only spawned from the devil.

Junior and Sadie are stuck living with the devil. You can't chose who your parents are after all, and with the local law on the Devils side there's no escape.

Evelyn is so young when her parents decide to move across the country. One wrong turn sealed their fate and brought them face to face with the monster.

Taken prisoner wasn't what young Eve t
velvetgypsy
4.5 stars⭐

How one man can wield so much cruelty, depravity and hell in one book is inconceivable. It's an extremely bleak tale at times, frequently taking tragic routes at most turns; the rickety farmhouse they're locked in as prisoners pulsates with desperation, heartbreak and torment....

I was fretful of the outcome throughout my entire read, since I didn't feel there'd be any hope of a HEA, and I needs me my HEA! Yet thank the Lawd....there's repurchase for Eve, Pearl, Jason, and Sadie. Thoug
Ebony
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Devil has a new name...Cefus Shaw!!!

This is one of the best books that I have read in 2016!!! Shea Swain has taken her readers on a roller coaster ride of emotions with the story of the Jones and the Shaw families!!!

Chained to the Devil's Son is a throw back to classic stories. The racial tension between Cefus Shaw and everyone else that is not family is just the tip of the ice burg that is this book!! Ms. Swain starts the action in the first scene of the book. This story is packed with so
Tiffany
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best book I've read all year. Simply put.

Every single emotion was grabbed with every page I read. Pain, sorrow, sadness, heartache, suspense, laughter, love....all of my emotions were tested while reading the book.

This story definitely has triggers and it's not for the faint at heart. I work in the criminal justice field so I see these kinds of things day in and day out. Victims like Jason, Pearl, Eve and Sadie remind me why my job is so important.

This story is about a family from the Mary
Flip
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book it was super dark but had some beautiful moments Jason and Eve are an amazing super couple who came out of the ashes as better people after living in hell. I loved the way Jason loved his family and was welling to protect them at any cost. Such a good story, I can't wait to read more from this author even though I was super late to the party!!!
--karen Green-berry
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emotional Rollercoaster!!!

This is my first book by this author and it pulled on every emotion there is. It is very dark, violent and intense. At the same time it was a heart pounding, page turner.

Cefus, sr is one of the most despicable characters I've ever read. He was a predator who raped, murdered and preyed on the most vulnerable. Jason aka Junior and Eve met under the worst of circumstances. They lived under the roof of a monster and soon found that they were all victims.

The author has done
Zandra
Not bad, but a slow read.

I actually liked this book, but I found myself skimming a lot. I would have liked it to be darker by giving more details. The characters felt a bit one-dimensional because of this. The wishy-washy nature of the characters, and the obviousness of several mysteries made this book a bit more miss than hit.
Nene
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
Enjoyed!

First reading from this Author, that dad was pure evil. This book deals with a real touche storyline. I enjoyed the journey that Jason and Evie went on even if the girl sometime had me wanting to pull out my hair.This book kept you on the edge of your seat wanting to find out what was going to happen next.
Clarke
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
My first time reading a Shea Swain book, and if this is any indication of her other tales, I'll definitely read more from her in the future. Without further delays, let's get to it. I'll start by giving a very non-spoiler summary of Chained to the Devil's Son :

As a young girl, Eve and her family take a wrong turn into hell. What ensues, traps her for years in a dark place with a man who's the devil incarnate. The only thing keeping her going is the love and protection of her mother, and new fami
Hazel Ann
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sooo good

Second book by the author and boy was I not disappointed. This had me in my feelings. I was crying for the wickedness being dish out, cussing for the effery and pissed because after all that the sheriff hanged himself. The wicked always die to easy stupes. All in all a really read read.
Alisha Webster
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: diverse
This is my first Shea Swain book and I'm sure it won't be my last. She has a way with words that really grab you from the first pages. As I have said in the past, I have to take my time with ebooks. It was hard to do, heck, I attempted to push through a headache a few times. It weaves a story that you won't want to put down. Let's just say I haven't felt so conflicted with a book in a while.

While they were addicting, I had a hard time reading the first few chapters. It was painful reading the e
charlene
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good!!!.

I chose five stars because i really enjoyed the storyline. Junior and Evie make a nice couple and grow stronger through each other.
Kelly
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emotional rollercoaster!!

I felt every blow, every harsh word, all hope fading from their eyes....I lived it with them!

I honestly don't know how to convey all the angst I felt while reading this book; how do I sum up this deliciously dark story without giving away all the gut clenching moments?!

Read this book...take this dark twisted journey with winding roads of despair that will lead you eventually, to a road paved with bright rays of sunshine called hope and love.

KUDOS to the author!!
Sara Allen
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved it

Loved it, but the end, I felt was rushed, especially after all the drama and turns, I would have loved to see that drama end with a bang. There were places that I felt for the characters and I thought that the antagonist should have been better dealt with. Either way, it's a great read. Enjoy!!!
Cherryl Montgomery
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By any means necessary!

That's what Junior did to protect the people he loved. If there was an antagonistic character I ever hated, that was Cefus Shaw. Second was the Sheriff. Cefus was a vial sadistic man. The only problem with this story is that there was no hint as to why he was so evil. Eve was right in calling him the devil. He was the devil incarnate. For a story to get such visceral reaction out of me as a reader is the mark of a good writer. Shea told this story in a way that I did not w
Tracey
This is my review and how I see it. Author Shea Swain writes a riveting tale of a family of three that makes a wrong turn; only one will survive the horrific events of that night. Eve and her mother Pearl showed a strength built on love and Pearl despite what was happening to her love encompassed the children of a monster who changed her and her daughter Eve's life forever. Pearl and Eve did not suffer alone; Junior was just a much a victim of his father Cefus brutality. Junior did his best to p ...more
Michelle Foster
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
This novel was rough going for the first half. I don't know if it's because of the uncomfortable subject matter (a black woman and her daughter being held captive and forced into physical and sexual slavery by a white racist) or because I felt like I was held captive by this book. There were way too many opportunities for the main characters to escape this horrible, inhumane situation. Somewhere along the way I was overpowered and submitted to the story, so I continue reading until it's conclusi ...more
Alicia Pressey
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chained to the Devil's Son

Where do I start. Wow this was such an amazingly great read it was a hard read that kept me waiting to see what was going to happen next. Jason ( Junior) ,Evie, Sadie and Pearl did not deserve the physical and emotional pain that Cefus inflicted on them. This book had my emotions all over the place yet I still kept reading. This is my first book by this author I know she has another book coming out soon I can't wait to read it. I definitely recommend this book I am sure
Brooke McFadden
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a good book. Swain did an effective job weaving together the lives of characters. A Black family wonders into the yard of a very racist man, who kills the father and imprisons the mother and daughter. The Black family is held captive and abused along with the man's children (a boy and a girl). The story unfolds as the prisoners become unlikely allies who learn to live and survive their horrid abuse together.
Strausbaugh Lesley
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Story!!!

I gave the book a five star rating because it deserves one. If I could of gave it 10 stars I would have I loved the story line. This was one of my all time favorite stories. The characters go though heck and back for than anyone should ever have to face. They grew to love one another and to stay by one another side. The story has so many twists and turns and love it will keeping you wanting more.
Desiree
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cefus Shaw is the devil. The man is pure evil. Evil to his kids, evil to his neighbors, and evil to the poor family who got lost one day and stopped to ask directions.

This story made me so mad on so many occasions, yet kept me so captivated I couldn't put it down. You will definitely experience every single emotion possible with this read.

Ladee Jagger
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emotional overwhelmed, such a great read.

5 stars for sure. This book touched me, the characters had such a fight in them, it seemed as nothing could snatch their love and determination away. I shed some happy and sad tears, even laughed a bit. This book was filled with darkness, but there's always a small spark to ignite a light. Definitely recommend.
Sim Gee
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Haunting, heartbreaking

It's an astonishing read... It's the kind of story that proves roses can grow in the desert. It's a haunting story, that is heartbreaking because reality threads it together.
It's full of despair and anguish but still manages to remind us the heart can find a way to endure.
carolyn williams
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

A must read. A thriller, a love story, a do not put it down or you will miss out story. Second book from this author for me and I'm going on my third. No such thing as third time is a charm. She has hit a home run on every book I've read. You have me a new fan.
Kim Smith
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Okay, I loved this book. I'll admit I was a little cautious about it at first I wasn't to sure I would like the whole captive thing. I was wrong. I couldn't stop reading and crying. This is the second book I have read from this author and I have yet to be disappointed.
Karibbean Kollective
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think I cringed a bit at some parts because of the subject matter but an overall good read
Fashionista
This book is 🔥🔥🔥🔥. It should be made into a movie!
Read this; you won't be disappointed.
Donna
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Good?

I love the story line but felt like there was a lot under answered questions. Maybe a little side story. To tell the reading who are some of the character
Stephanie
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loves chain

This was a dark and hateful story that brought to light the truth of the power of love. Cefus, the sheriff and his deputies were the worst kind of evil. There was pain, suffering and abuse that no one should have to endure. The love was what kept me reading. Ms. Swain writes such a dark tale with beauty and grace in the midst of hatred and defilement.
Junior and Evie saved each other and Theo with their love. Justice was served.
There is so much packed into this story. No fantasy, bil
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Shea is a woman in love with the idea of love, so it's no wonder she writes Romance Novels. The East Coast native is a romantic to her core, reads and watches anything with a love story. She especially likes binging on the Hallmark Channel around Christmas.

She enjoys meeting people and chatting, collecting Barbie dolls, toys, and is addicted to The Sims games. Shea also loves music and has mentio
More about Shea Swain

Romance Deals

• #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $2.49
  • Remembering Us
    $3.99 $2.00
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unbound (The Forbidden Bond, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Chained Up (Devil's Rock #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Life After Perfect (Boot Creek #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #1)
  • Visibly Broken
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Thing Called Love (Mirror Lake, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • With This Ring (Vanza, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Highland Promise (Murray Brothers, 3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Hell Breaks Loose
  • Ensnared
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Me and You
  • Just One Thing
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Glassblower
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Blank Slate
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgiven (The Forbidden Bond #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Something More Than This
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Mine (Heroes of St. Helena, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc. 1) [Kindle in Motion]
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Barbecue and Bad News (Adams Grove, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Mint Juleps and Justice (Adams Grove #5)
  • 99 Days
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Up for Heir (Westerly Billionaire #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The American Lady (The Glassblower Trilogy #2)
    $6.49 $1.99