Start by marking “Hold'em Wisdom for all Players: Simple and Easy Strategies to Win Money” as Want to Read:
Hold'em Wisdom for all Players: Simple and Easy Strategies to Win Money

Hold'em Wisdom for all Players: Simple and Easy Strategies to Win Money

For beginning and novice players who want to play and win at Texas hold'em'95% of the card-playing market'this is the perfect antidote. The book is designed for those players who want to learn 'right now' and enjoy instant success at the tables. Fifty quick sections focus on key winning concepts, making learning both easy and fast.
Published January 9th 2007 by Cardoza

To ask other readers questions about Hold'em Wisdom for all Players, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hold'em Wisdom for all Players

Irena Booth
Dec 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: poker
A nice book for beginners looking for a few basic tips on playing with the big guns. Covers a range of behaviors that will create a good foundation for a future of solid play at the tables or a small home game.
Erik Fladmo
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it
helpful book to hone your skills and practice them.
Alexandra Chauran
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a fun read. I don't know if much of the advice works anymore, since I read the edition published back in 2007, but it was well written and well edited. This is a welcome change from most poker books. This book seemed to be like a companion to most poker books that include the basics. It shouldn't be the only poker book you read if you're trying to learn how the game works, but I'd recommend it anyway!
Sammy Tiranno
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Its brevity doesn't allow for any in-depth treatment of the tips it contains, but these are excellent refresher snippets for hold'em poker players, et al. As with most poker books, there are nuggets of really helpful information that can act as beneficial tools in the arsenal of a novice, or the reinforcement of good strategy for those who've heard it all before.
John Beckett
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This is my third time reading this book. It is nice to revisit after taking a few months off from the game.
Nathan Boler
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Some great practical tips to add to the gameplay.
Tyler Jones
Sep 15, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: poker
While the title of this book contains the words "for all players". I would have to say that this is a book that would be particularly beneficial to the novice player. Although I have only been playing poker for a few years, I found that I already knew a lot of what Negreanu was saying. Unfortunately it has taken me a few years of trial and mostly error to gain some of the wisdom of this book - I wish I had the chance to have read it first. An excellent introduction to the basics of math, psychol ...more
Kris
Jan 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Look, if Negreanu can explain it to a chump like me, then it has got to be accessible to anyone and everyone.

Here he covers the basics of Texas Hold'em and asks the reader to innovate based on these fundamentals.

It's a very easy book to read, and reading it will give you a greater appreciation for the game.
Yadneshujwal
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great book from the best man in business, and certainly the best a beginner could ask for! Applied his strategies in online tournaments and yup they did work.
Beginning from how to play with the tight players to bullying the bully and how to keep the good players out of the pot, this book has a ton of things to offer to the beginners.
A must read for every beginner!
Raphael Clayette
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poker
Super nice and interesting. Read it in poker mentor (book gathering "holdem wisdom" and "more holdem wisdom"). I assume that it is the 1st part, of the book, wich i largely preferred to the second part.
To be read by all poker players!!
Mike Hoffman
Jun 16, 2009 rated it liked it
Decent one day read. Daniel has the gift of telling you how to play without actually saying anything about the way he plays the game. I think he was saving a lot for his "Magnum Opus" which I have yet to read. Its on the list though! Hopefully it will be better and just as fast a read!
Adam Zerner
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! It got directly to the point and didn't waste my time. And the advice was all useful and well explained. Just what I was looking for. The target audience is novice players, and for that audience I think this book is excellent.
Paul S
Nov 27, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: poker
It's 166 pages that could've been 100 pages if not for the large type and all the wasted space. And the content is really only enough to fill maybe two or three articles in a poker magazine.

Should be called Hold'em Wisdom For Complete Beginners Who Haven't Read Any Other Poker Books At All.
Shek
Jan 10, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowing
Readable, repetitive collection of poker essays whose lessons I will never internalize.
Tim
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
Not a real book--a collection of columns, really--but Negreanu is very smart about poker; reviewed for PW.
Joel
Jan 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poker
He is the best poker reader today.
Mnawrocki
Jul 30, 2016
Krystal
Jan 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Daniel Negreanu is a Canadian professional poker player. He has won four World Series of Poker bracelets and two World Poker Tour championship titles.