Start by marking “Down In Texas” as Want to Read:
Down In Texas

Down In Texas

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  474 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Down in Texas, there's a little town called Honkeytonk, where the women get exactly what they want... and the men know just how to give it to them.

Wearing His Brand

Lyssa McDonough just got tangled up in a coil of barbed wire, and her clothes are ripped to shreds. Rancher Brandon Tynan to the rescue--but why is she so ornery? Could it be that the whole state of Texas isn't
Published November 1st 2008 by Aphrodisia (first published 2008)

Auntee
May 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic anthologies featuring cowboy types
I'm not the biggest anthology fan--usually I can take 'em or leave 'em--but I really enjoyed this one. Maybe because it didn't feel like an anthology to me, but more like one continuous novel focusing on three separate couples. It definitely helped that all three stories were written by the same author (no jarring differences in style to break up the mood) and there was a family connection to each of the three couples in the book, and hey--they were cowboys!

In Wearing His Brand Lyssa McDonough
MelissaB
Nov 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to MelissaB by: Auntee
This book had three short stories featuring two cowboy heroes and one wounded soldier who is also a cowboy. I enjoyed all three stories but they were too short, I wished for a little more fleshing out of the characters and plots. The love scenes weren't really hot enough for me to consider this "romantica" but they were still good and sexy. The three stories were inter-connected so we do get to see the first two couples in the last story but I really would have wished for about 100 more pages to ...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Nov 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Julie (jjmachshev) by: Marion
Shelves: erotica, 2009-reads
"Down in Texas" is a three story western erotica anthology from Delilah Devlin. The stories center on two ranching families in Texas finding love and a whole lotta steamy sex.

"Wearing His Brand" - What happens when the one man you want is the one who promised your brother he'd keep you safe? Well, you could just push him past his edge...as long as you can handle it. ***Sizzling

"Slow Ride" - Daniel had the hots for his boss's wife seven years ago. Now she's a widow and he'll have to find a way to
Angie H.
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh yeah! :0)
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
WOW....that was quite a steamy read!! I could have used Karla's misting fan a couple of times!!!!
Christel
Nov 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: any of the Purvettes
Ther is a warning on the back of this book. and it rights very hot read. Purvettes belly up to the bar and get this one. You won;t regret it
Kathrynn
There were three short stories packed in this Trade Paperback. All written by the same author and all connected.

1. Wearing His Brand

I didn't care much for this story because I felt the heroine was too aggressive, manipulative and a tease. The hero was too dominant for me and I didn't find their intimate scenes sexy based on that.

2 Stars

2. Slow Ride

This was my favorite of the three. It involved a 7 year age difference where the heroine was older, widowed and had been attracted to the hero since h
Ellie
Mar 19, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: shorty
I love short stories and I love stories that take place in Texas, so this was a no brainer for me.

Three stories, all taking place in the same town. An oddity was that every so often I would be surprised of the presence of electricity or a car in the story. They take place in modern times but you'd hardly know it by how the men act, how everyone talks and the overall feeling of the book. That was a little weird.

The stories in this book were not as good as the ones in Texas Men (same author) whic
Jessica Alcazar
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Once again, the cowboys of Honkeytonk DO NOT DISAPPOINT. What a FUN read.
The only thing that I wish I would have done was read this book before Texas Men. The books are not exactly connected except for geography, with the exception of Tara Toomey who plays a role in all three of these stories but gets her HEA in the first story of Texas Men....I'm just weird like that. It felt weird reading about her and knowing what her future already held.
So note to Ms Devlin ... mark these books as a series!
Stephanie
Just okay. Not as good as the second book Texas Men. Lots o' sex!

Mac and Sukis story was the best of the three, but jesus I hated her name.

Maybe a little too much, "Ugggg I cant be with you, can't, can't, just can't........Oh god I love you marry me now!" Of course that is what you get with a short story.
Nikki
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: devlin-delilah
Slow Ride -- Short in Down in Texas
and Straight Up Soldier Short in Down in Texas
Jill Dunlop
Feb 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, rt-2009
Down in Texas is an anthology of three stort stories written by Delilah Devin. All three of the stories are centered around two ranching families the McDonoughs and the Dermotts.

Wearing His Brand
In this first story Lyssa and Brand Tynan have grown up together. Lyssa has lusted after Brand for years but he has always treated her like a little sister, since she is his best friend's sister after all. Brand has been tasked with looking after Lyssa while her big brother Mac is off on a military miss
Natasja
Sep 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Wearing his brand:
Lyssa McDonough always loved Brandon Tynan, but he always keeps his distance. Now she is caught in a barbed wire fence and Brandon is her rescuer. Brandon takes her home to take care of her wounds and send her back to her ranch. He promised her brother and his best friend Mac, that he will keep an eye on her when he’s away. But it is getting harder and harder to ignore his feelings for Lyssa.

Slow Ride
Daniel Tynan is back at the Dermott farm as a horse trainer. Maggie Dermott is
Crystal S
Three novellas all closely related to each other. Wearing His Brand was Brandon and Lyssa's story. It wasn't too bad. If I'm going to read a novella or short story and be expected to believe a HEA then I prefer the couple to know each other well beforehand. And that was the case with Lyssa and Brandon. So yay for that. I don't really like to read stories though where the hero treats the heroine like a child (even if she gets off on that kinda thing.) That's where this story failed me. Slow Ride ...more
Emily
Wearing His Brand

Lyssa McDounough knows the only way to get Brandon Tynan to notice her is to get him spitting mad. Fortunately she does it quite regularly and relishes the idea that one day he may act on all that passion. Brand has been fighting himself over wanting Lyssa, but he knows just one taste is all it would take to make him want to claim her as his own.

Slow Ride

Daniel Tynan never has found the right women for him, the only one he ever cared about heart and soul was already taken. Year
starsaga
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
So good, these stories are on my keeper shelf!
This set of three stories are the best short stories if you want romance, hot smexing and a well crafted story. What is missing is length and fullness. I loved Brand and Lyssa, Daniel and Maggie and Suki and Mac. I liked them all as people, they were lovely and it was amazing how well written these stories about them are. I liked the story of Daniel best, I want more of him, something about his head-over-heels love even when there was no chance of it
Pam
Nov 20, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a pretty good anthology. As with all anthologies, some are good stories and some not so much. I think each story from 1, 2 3rd all went in the order for which were best as well. The last being the most unbelievable because the two people didn't know one thing about each other. The other two stories, the couples knew each other and it was just a matter of one convincing another. Good, but not great. I have like other books by the author though - short stories and the like. So I'll contin ...more
Jess
Sep 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009, romantica
This one was an anthology.. and I was really surprised that I liked it. I usually have trouble with anthologies because more or less one of the stories sucks. But this one was just kind of written like a continuous book just with different perspectives. All of the characters in each story are connected so it flows better.

I think my favorite story was Mac and Suki. They were just funny as hell.

I will definitely be looking into more books by this author.
Fay Ann Hollcroft
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Delilah Devlin surely knows how to put 3 strong novellas together. These were GREAT! I'm getting kind of burnt out on anthologies. If more are done like this one then I could really get into reading many, many more & have loads of fun doing it. All 3 were slightly tied into each other which I like GREATLY.
Renee
Mar 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dtbs-i-have, cowboys
**3-1/2 Stars**

Decent group of 3 stories. All m/f with cowboys and all smokin hot. Enjoyed the last one with the tortured alpha the most. Will be looking for more stories like these from D. Devlin!
Amy
Oct 27, 2013 rated it liked it
It was okay. Three stories in one. The first story of Brand and Lyssa, second story about Brand's brother Danny, and the third story about Lyssa's brother Mac. I lost interest part of the way through the third story. I became bored of reading about Texas ranches and rustling up cattle.
SY
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I needed some quick steamy cowboy stories and this hit the spot. They kind of reminded me of Really steamy Diane Palmer.
Wminbc
May 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
I do so enjoy Honkytonk...Those Texas men are funny, sexy and all too Alpha...worth keeping on the re-read shelf.
Nancy
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really loved these short stories about a close ranching family. Melting hot with good stories and romantic ending. Looking forward to Texas Men.
Molly Piscitello
enjoyed the fact that
this was three
connected stories.
Mitzi
3 short stories by Delilah.

Wearing his Brand, Slow Ride and Straight Up Soldeier.

Pretty good.
Michelle the Romance Witch
overall three stars... very hot sex scenes for sure, but coulda used a but more plot line... prefectly Devlin!
  • Hearts Are Wild (Wild, #5)
  • Where Have All the Cowboys Gone? (Turner Brothers, #1)
  • The Real Deal (Roped, #1)
  • Colt's Choice (Bad in Boots, #3)
  • Men to Die For
  • A Tall Dark Cowboy
  • Cowboy Games (Cowboy Games #1)
  • Men On Fire
  • Unbridled
  • Untamed: Riding West & Lawless (Untamed #1 & 2)
  • A Hot Man Is the Best Revenge
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed
  • Tempted By A Cowboy
  • My Give a Damn's Busted (Honky Tonk, #3)
  • Cocked And Loaded
  • Tempting Tori (Courage Brothers of Texas, #1)
  • Wild West Boys (Wild West Boys #1-2)
  • Rough Stock
Delilah Devlin is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author with a rapidly expanding reputation for writing deliciously edgy stories with complex characters. Whether creating dark, erotically-charged paranormal worlds or richly descriptive westerns that ring with authenticity, Delilah Devlin “pens in uncharted territory that will leave the readers breathless and hungering for more…” www.De ...more
More about Delilah Devlin...