Start by marking “The Misadventures of Catie Bloom (Bloom Sisters, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Misadventures of Catie Bloom (Bloom Sisters, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

The Misadventures of Catie Bloom

(Bloom Sisters #1)

Catie Bloom needs a husband or her career is finished. Sam just wants Catie. Could this be the perfect match? Or will it end in disaster and heartache?

Catie Bloom has it all. A husband, a successful career, and she's America's #1 Domestic Goddess. Except, it's all a lie. No husband. She can't cook. She can't even organize her underwear drawer. It all comes to a head when
Published July 10th 2016 by Coco and Bee

To ask other readers questions about The Misadventures of Catie Bloom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Misadventures of Catie Bloom

Coco.V
Nov 25, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/25/2017)! 💝
R.J. Groves
Jun 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Catie Bloom has everything she could ever wish for - a successful job, a following for her house-keeping blog, a husband, she's a great cook. Everything's perfect. Except that it's all a lie since she has no husband and would burn toast. I thought the concept of this story was great. Catie Bloom had found herself at a point in her career that she managed to get based on assumptions (i.e. readers thinking that she had a husband and could cook etc.), but she took it to a whole other level when she ...more
Fiction  Vixens Blog
The Misadventures Of Catie Bloom by Brooke Stanton is an amazing fun read that is full of some priceless mishaps, and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed this great story. This story had me laughing out loud so much I think my husband though I was gone crazy ,he just kept shaking his head at me . Brooke Stanton has given us a great story that will draw in and keep you there from start to finish ,and then will leave you wanting more from this author. The characters that the author has given us w ...more
Anna Lankirka
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it
First time in my life I really hate the main heroine. Yeah, I hate Catie Bloom, her character is so egotistical, selfish, spoiled brat, ungrateful bitch and pathological liar. She's sweet and caring on the outside and in TV light. At inside she uses everyone around: her sister Natalie, Sam-man who loved her, even her poor manager. When at one time everything started spinning and goes to shit she blamed everyone but her. Wham-bam happy end! Book actually not so funny as I expected or I have broke ...more
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A short novella, this novel appealed to me because the plot looked so different to all of the books that I have read recently. This was definitely the case. This offering from Brooke Stanton was a short, pleasurable read which required no thinking (sometimes this isn't such a bad thing when reading!) and allowed you to relax into the goodness of the plot. To put it simply, it was like sinking into a lovely warm bubble bath and having a jolly good soak!

Reading this book, the first in a trilogy, t
C.M. Bakker
Nov 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Quite nice, but at times more of a lifestyle magazine than a novel. From about the midpoint I started scanning the rest to see if there was anything new or of interest, but I just found far too much backstory where a climax should have been building.
Doina Condrea
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, favorites
Catie Bloom is the book version of Mike Ross. I know they're both technically frauds, but am I still rooting for them? Yuuup haha

I enjoyed it. Sometimes I was mad at Catie but it was funny.
Eating Between
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Catie Bloom's life is perfect. She has the career she has always wanted, a new condo and the sky is the limit. Except for one thing... Catie is a fraud. Everything she is known and adored for is fake and a lie. Behind the scenes her sister is the true mastermind behind all of her recipes, poor Catie can't even boil water let alone make a full meal.

Read the rest of my review here-

Elizabeth Becraft
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this light hearted entertaining book! This is a fast read and I am looking forward to buying the 2nd book to it next month! I recommend this book whole heartedly for some added relaxing fun to your reading!
C.j. Williams
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book

I wouldn't be surprised if this book didn't turn into a movie! It was cute, charming & funny. I appreciated a lot of the realism and the fact that it wasn't as cookie cutter as some of the other books in my library. Good job !
Julie Boudreau
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I <3 this book. The main character in this book is so likeable even if she is scattered. The story line in this book is the making of a hollywood movie. funny, engaging. and relevant. nice summer read
Brittany Beadles
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway
I wob this book from a Goodreads giveaway! I absolutely loved this book. It had me laughing at times and wondering how Catie was going to get out of the mess she was in and also help everyone keep their job. I can't wait for the next book!
giulia_arg
Dec 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
RANTING AHED BE AWARE OF SPOILERS

First of all this story reminded me of bridget jones and rebecca bloomwood from i love shopping.

Then it was supposed to be a romantic comedy, it wasn’t funny and NO ROMANCE !!!

But let’s talk about the characters, i hated every one of them.

Catie was selfish for sure but the thing that pissed me off the most were the other characters that put all the blame on her, if you are an enabler it’s your fault too!!

I absolutely detested her sister Natalie , in the end she
Vendethiel
Nov 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Did.Not.Finish. I just...couldn't. I tried so hard. I love Christmas in Connecticut, so the idea of a book with a similar theme sounded fun and funny.
First, it was not funny. It was dramatic and then more dramatic and then most dramatic. Something going wrong and then another something going wrong and then another something going wrong, can be funny. If you do it right and if you keep it light and somewhat realistic. But this...this wasn't light; it was dramatic and it wasn't realistic. (What k
Christy
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was a free download from Bookbub. Not terrible, but not phenomenal. I really didn’t like the characters much unfortunately. I especially didn’t like the main character, whose entire LIFE was based on lies. Everyone exaggerates and tweaks the truth of course, but this was flat out LYING and taking credit for work that was in no way hers. ON CAMERA. The character is what I’d describe as a female Ferris Bueller; whatever she did seemed to work out perfectly for her through no fault of her ...more
Hasanthi
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: favorites
3 out of 5 stars! Yes, because I like it! " Misadventures of Catie Bloom" by Brooke Stanton. I simply loved the book very much and enjoyed it immensely. I should say , I laughed a lot, indeed because the book is full of humor.

A woman who pretends the world about her passion for cooking and good house-keeping while she actually can't even hold a knife properly and who is single. Brooke has shown her writing skills in the book and she opens our minds to a different stage of life.

I love the chara
Mike Bratek
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Characters were often misleading as the "I" was in every chapter, but if you didn't read who was named at the beginning of the chapter, you wouldn't know who's talking! Catie told a bunch of lies that end up all coming out in the end. Seems as though a tale that when too many lies are told, the end result of when the truth comes out may not be so bad, yet, should have told the truth from the beginning! A good read to waste the day away!
Sharon
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story. It was funny but I could see where this could actually happen. Will Catie find a way out of fliming this progam? Or will she have friends who will help her? Could this lead to romance? Or will she be out of a job along with a few others? Grab a copy of this book and come along on this ride and find out what happens.
Lisa Denn
Jan 20, 2017 rated it liked it
When I selected this book I was expecting a romantic comedy of sorts. I would have enjoyed the book much more had it been filled with more laughter and less drama.
The constant bombardment with tears, whining, and denial are a turn-off to my eyes when it comes to reading. This book reinforces my belief that sometimes "less is more." Too much drama!
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Same problem as some of the other readers in that I hate the main character Catie Bloom. Unfortunately, she doesn’t manage to endear me to her cause before the end of the short book. Character development was too minimal all around or maybe they are all just superficial. Not intrigued enough to read any other books in the series.
Sandra
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Every once in a while I enjoy reading funny stories and this was definitely a good one. Catie lives a lie, she blogs about recipes her sister creates, talks about tips on organizing your home and everyone thinks she's married. When her boss wants to do a tv special for the return of her nephew her whole life is close to fall apart thanks to lies but find out yourseld how she manages the chaos.
Mary Carlisle
Dec 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Mixed Review

I thought the novel was well written. Good read, but, the storyline was pathetic. IF, and I say IF, any 'female' is as lame as our heroine then working women are in big troubles. The intelligence of the women's success in business did not match up to the lame incidences she would allow to happen.
Nadia
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: february-2019
The Misadventures Of Catie Bloom is a fun read that is full of mishaps, and I enjoyed this story. Some aspects had me laughing out loud. This has a great story that keep the reader intrigued from start to finish. I highly recommend that you read this great story, you won't be disappointed. However i would recommend reading Ignite first as it gives you the background to this book
Angie
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was so-so. I appreciated the humor but couldn't keep up with emotional state of Catie or why she did what she did. The stretch the author made to have Catie lie about so much in her life was lame, and it was exhausting to try and keep up with her lies. Catie also didn't act consistent to real life and therefore an unbelievable character.
BP34
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hilarious and entertaining. My goodness what doesn't Catie get into. And the web she weaves.
Lots of tall tales and half truths manage to keep her life interesting and bumpy. A cute read. I received an advance copy and voluntarily chose to review.
Cris
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
I just can’t... this book, at least for me, it wasn’t funny. I hated Catie, she is so selfish, the other characters’ stories are superficial, It doesn’t make sense, they are just too easy to comply and do almost whatever Catie needs.
Oct 31, 2017 rated it did not like it
Jules Starlord
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
The book started of really good and I was really enjoying the whole plot line. The last half was just about Carrie pining for Sam and slightly pathetic. I did want to finish it to find out what happened. And I do love a trashy romance novel...but the end was just way too eye rolling for me.
Mary Stockwell
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Entertaining

This book is humorous and entertaining. Oh what tangled webs we weave. Pretending to be someone you're not always catches up with you. In this case it's a train wreck!
Christy Goens
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

This book was a really fun read. Though each person's secrets were eventually revealed by the end, everyone who were meant to be together ended up together. I definitely recommend reading this book.
  • IDo.com (ClickandWed.com #2)
  • Ethan (Farraday Country, #5)
  • Phoebe and the Rock of Ages (The Gustafson Girls #3)
  • From Paris with Love (Doubting Abbey, #2)
  • Everything but a Dog (Everything But...Series, #6)
  • Love Finds You in Holiday, Florida
  • Sweet to You (Fire and Icing, #3)
  • India: Bride of Indiana (American Mail-Order Brides #19)
  • Wild About Her Wingman (Secret Wishes, #3)
  • The Stranger's Obituary (The Obituary Society, #2)
  • Behind a Lady's Smile (The Lost Heiresses, #1)
  • Here We Come (Aggie's Inheritance, #3)
  • Bottom Feeder (Bottom Feeder, #1)
  • Away in Montana (Paradise Valley Ranch Book 1)
  • A Fallen Lady (Ladies of Scandal, #1)
  • A Misguided Lord
  • Next Christmas in Girouette (Adventures in Girouette Book 1)
Get a FREE copy of IGNITE, the prequel to the award-winning Bloom Sisters series here: http://ilovemyfans.info/ignite-download/

After her own misadventures in New York City, LA, and London, Brooke Stanton now lives in sunny South Florida. She’s an award-winning author who has contributed to Natural Awakenings Magazine, wrote a column for Examiner.com, and is the author of The Bloom Sisters series.

Bloom Sisters (3 books)
  • The Adventures of Natalie Bloom (Bloom Sisters, #2)
  • The Downfall of Catie Bloom (Bloom Sisters, #3)