Start by marking “Kingdom (Avenues Ink #2)” as Want to Read:
Kingdom (Avenues Ink #2)

Kingdom (Avenues Ink #2)

Kelly Kavanagh was Liam’s happily ever after, his loyal princess. A lifeline to something better than any high school dropout could ever hope for…until the day she left to pursue a dream that didn’t include him and slowly his kingdom crumbled to the ground.

Liam O’Connell was the sun to Kelly’s everlasting moon, her painted prince. A strong and devoted soul to fight the wa

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdom

Sarah {DragonflyReads/InkedInChapters}
 photo AD17B7D6-3F6B-46F5-9F55-C8C3D71B75A5.jpg

Once again, AM Johnson pulls out all the stops. KINGDOM is so beautifully unique and surprising, it made the story utterly unputdownable.

The way Johnson weaves a fairy tale into the story is unlike anything I've read before and sets the bar as a romance for the ages. Well done!
Michelle
May 21, 2017 Michelle rated it really liked it
This was my very first AM Johnson read, so I had very little idea as to what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised.

Kingdom is the second in the Avenues Ink series and features a second chance romance between Kelly Kavanagh, a girl wanting nothing more than to escape the small town she grew up in, and Liam O'Connell. A rough tattoo artist from the wrong side of the tracks, unable to let go of the responsibility to take care of his family. Even it it costs him his only chance at happiness.

Kelly ha
A.M. Johnson
May 24, 2017 A.M. Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
KINGDOM IS LIVE
ON SALE for 0.99 cents and #FREE on KindleUnlimited

Amazon US http://amzn.to/2qWHRIK
Amazon CA http://amzn.to/2qWs6RS
Amazon UK http://amzn.to/2qcD0Un
Amazon AUS http://amzn.to/2rQQToF

Alissa
Apr 07, 2017 Alissa rated it it was amazing
I finished this book 3 weeks ago and I'm still at a loss on how to express my love for this book! I have a book hangover of epic proportions and my love for Liam is bordering on obsession (don't judge!). I met Liam in Possession, and had no idea what to expect in his story. But if there's one thing I can count on when I start a book by A.M. Johnson, it's that the story will be entirely different than the last book she wrote. And yet, somehow her writing manages to blow me away even more with eac ...more
Kim
May 17, 2017 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
A.M. Johnson has blown me away again with this beautifully broken second chance romance! I absolutely LOVED this book and Liam and Kelly! Just as in Possession, book 1 of the Avenues Ink series, the words transcended the page and I felt so lucky to experience this book. You don't just read this story. You feel it. You break with it. You heal with it. Although this is book 2 in the interconnected series, each book can be read as a stand alone.

Liam and Kelly were the perfect yin and yang. Sharp ed
Stephanie Rose
Apr 27, 2017 Stephanie Rose rated it it was amazing
Possession was one of my favorite books this year, but AM Johnson knocked it out of the park and then some with Kingdom. When Liam, the eternal protector, falls in love, he loves hard. Kelly was his missing piece, his princess, and all he wanted to do was save her. Through different POVs, including a masterfully crafted fairy tale woven into the story, you feel everything. I finished in a day, unable to put it down because I loved Liam and Kelly that much. Kingdom is a beautifully written second ...more
Grey
May 13, 2017 Grey rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. Ms. Johnson was a new-to-me author, but I was intrigued by the blurb. Her words and the back story captivated me. The use of The Painted Prince... how poignant and eerily poetic the dark fairytale was for the main characters in this story.

You all know, I don't do spoilers. So, I will just tell you, this story kept my attention. Even though it is listed as #2 in the series, I didn't read #1 and although it talked about the characters from the
Michelle Trzecinski
Apr 03, 2017 Michelle Trzecinski rated it it was amazing
When I first started Kingdom I thought, “How could Johnson make Liam’s story better than Declan’s? I fucking LOVE Declan and Paige!” I didn’t think it was possible.

Boy was I wrong.

Right off the bat, I fell hard for our heroine, Kelly Kavanauh. #GirlCrush She’s a take-no-shit, outspoken, tenacious young woman. From the moment she met Liam she never backed down; always standing firm and speaking her mind. After growing up in a less than pleasant environment (abusive, alcoholic, dip-shidiot father)
Vanessa (nessreads)
May 08, 2017 Vanessa (nessreads) rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review*

5 "Tell me your name" Stars!!!!!

Alright, *deep breath* let it out. My mind is all jumbled and my emotions are all over the place, so forgive me. This book, whoa, this book. *shakes head* I wish, man I can't even form coherent sentences right now. Just thinking about this story and the characters is bringing tears to my eyes and I can't think straight. But, as I was saying, I wish I had the perfect words, because this book deserves that and much more
mells_view
May 10, 2017 mells_view rated it it was amazing
 photo 7C85518D-DC54-4F86-A19A-BF4479707B12_zpsfkyeivzm.jpg

This story was beautiful and amazing! A second chance romance that was a bit of a dark fairytale. Fate, undeniable connections, tragedy, and all that jazz. The writing is absolutely poetic. There is a story within this story, and it is so good! I feel like it could be expanded and made into it's own little series. I'd read it.

Kelly is a young girl who comes from bad circumstances. She thinks that all she has going for her is her beauty. Why? Because that's what she has been told.

photo 01C54282-A3BE-445C-B26B-5803A0D37C51_zpsyfpaeyrc.jpg

Liam is a youn
Ryan Smith
May 25, 2017 Ryan Smith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-love
(I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review)

AH! I am so in love with the way A.M. Johnson spins a story. I fell hard for Declan in Possession and we met Liam in that book. Kelly was mentioned in passing, but you just knew there was so much more to their story. As in Possession, the way A.M. Johnson handles family issues is just breathtaking - and this story resonated with me in such an intense way as I am the oldest sibling in my family as well. I felt so much sympathy and affection for
Phyllis Smith
May 24, 2017 Phyllis Smith rated it it was amazing
A.M. Johnson knocked it out of the park with this book! Amazing is an understatement. This is a second chance book that will have your attention right from the beginning. You will definitely go through all of the emotions with this book. There wasn't one part of this book that I didn't like.
Liam and Kelly had rough childhoods to say the least. But when they found each other, they found their other half. It is not an easy journey for them at all. Through their struggles, their love remained. But
Mg Herrera
"... he would never be a Prince Charming on a white horse." But he was perfect. PERFECT ♥.

Review to follow!
BookishContessa
May 13, 2017 BookishContessa rated it it was amazing
If you thought that Possession was as good as it can get.
you are WRONG.
Did I cry? Fuck yes!
Liam has this bad ass look but he is quite the opposite from the inside, He and Kelly made mistakes, and fixed them in their own twisted ways, AGAIN A.M. didn't fail me at all, this was just another masterpiece that was written by her, words too strong and characters even stronger.
I really, truly can't put it in to words all I can say is..
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ THIS BOOK.
and please release the third boo
Catherine Imbeault
May 26, 2017 Catherine Imbeault rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book from the author via Sassy Savvy Fabulous PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you AM Johnson and Sassy Savvy Fabulous PR!

I want to start off by saying that I wasn't a huge fan of Possession, and that I was a little on the fence about this book. I was wondering if I was going to like it since the first one hadn't spoken to me. Let me tell you that that fence is destroyed. I loved this book!

I really liked the constant parallel with the children's story througho
BexLOVESBooks
May 24, 2017 BexLOVESBooks rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My gosh you guys this book was SO beautiful.

The writing was out of this world perfection. If you haven't read POSSESSION, well, READ IT, but know that you don't have to read it to enjoy this phenomenal book.

The story reads as a fairy tale, and woven in to the plot is so much unrelenting passion and emotion.

I felt this book cover to cover and I didn't want to put it down, didn't want it to end, however the ending could not have been more perfect.

AM Johnson has a reader for life right here. xx
Joyce Mercês
May 17, 2017 Joyce Mercês rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Kingdom is book #2 in the Avenues Ink Series and it's Liam O'Connel and Kelly Kavanagh's story.

Kelly and Liam come from a similar background. But differently from him, who can't leave his family, Kelly wants to escape her life and start a new one with Liam.

When the time to go arrives, she goes, but Liam stays.

Liam hates Kelly for leaving. Kelly hates herself for going. Their love is still there, waiting to soar again.

Just like Possession, Kingdom is one of those books that makes you think and f
Karlee DeCol
Mar 30, 2017 Karlee DeCol rated it it was amazing
AHHHHHHH!!!*! Review to come.....
MyMy (PunchDrunkLibrary)
Apr 22, 2017 MyMy (PunchDrunkLibrary) rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
PDL's Rating: 4.5 ' Kingdom' Punches (Really Liked)

Kingdom, I am not even sure how to express my feelings for this beautifully, heart-wrenching book. This author’s writing is stealing my heart more and more as each book is released. I eat up her words the way I eat up dessert after a few months of deprivation!

Liam was introduced in the first book of this series and I already felt so much then, but in Kingdom – to truly see him in his world. Gosh, his story devastates me. To know the love he has
J.A. DeRouen
May 02, 2017 J.A. DeRouen rated it it was amazing
Once again, A.M. Johnson has blown me away with her beautiful storytelling and lyrical prose. She has a way of sucking me in from the very first page and never letting go. She wove an intricate web of love, loss, and sacrifice that had me gripping my heart as I read.
My favorite line:
“My night had always needed his sun. Liam was mine, we were sewn together, heart and soul, patched up with steel thread and leather patches.”

Kingdom was my first 6 star read of the year and I have no doubt will be o
Heather C
May 25, 2017 Heather C rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, may-2017
First of all, Kingdom can be read as a standalone. It is book 2 in the Avenue Ink series but it can be read as a standalone and you won't feel like you are missing anything. With that being said, I was excited to get Liam's story. When I first met him in Possession, I knew I wanted to know more about him.

Liam met Kelly when he was just nineteen years old. There was something about her that just pulled to him and their pasts connected them together. They both had very rough and very similar chil
Miria Ardizzi
May 22, 2017 Miria Ardizzi rated it it was amazing
This is my second book by A.M. Johnson in the Ink Series and I absolutely loved everything about it, the beginning, middle and end!!! I was intrigued from the first page and the unique writing style from the third person, to past and present from both Liam and Kelly. OMG and Liam, WOW where the heck is a real life Liam hiding, we all need one of them!!!

This story was beautifully written and the words and magic exchanged between Liam and Kelly were beyond amazing. They both had troubled, difficul
Sabrina
May 25, 2017 Sabrina rated it it was amazing
A.M.Johnson is not new to me..I've read her work before and i throughly enjoyed them...Kingdom is the second installment in the Avenue Ink Series. Each can be read as a standalone but some details overlap in each book.
These covers are so amazing! Liam is the oldest brother of 3 boys..you can say he's the "protector" of the family as he looks out for his brothers and his mom. Kelly and Liam are childhood sweethearts in a small town. Kelly wants to move away to further her modelling career plus g
Layla| Words we love by
May 22, 2017 Layla| Words we love by rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, topfav2017
All the stars and the feels .
Outstanding ,beautiful second chance romance . The kind that sweeps you off your feet and embark you on a fabulous journey . A journey so very well written by Miss Johnson who I have come to read and love lately . Her writing style will take your breath away by its beauty, will make you sit on the edge of your seat by its nail biting angst until the very last page, and leave you all warm and fuzzy at the end . I absolutely loved the story of Liam and Kelly , it was
Jami Mathis
May 19, 2017 Jami Mathis rated it really liked it
*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review*

4 "Tell me your name" stars....

Liam & Kelly. Her King and His Queen. A second chance.

I first met Liam in possession and I was very excited for his story!

Liam's skin is full of ink. She is stunningly beautiful.

This book started off rocky for me. I started it and then stopped and then restarted it. There was SO much "once upon a time". Yes we need a back story... BUT. Maybe not SOOO much.

Liam & Kelly meet young. But Liam has responsibilities
Simone
May 24, 2017 Simone rated it it was amazing
I don't like to write big long huge reviews that tell half the story but what I write is quick and straight to it

And this book OMG I didn't think a story could top Declan & Paige but WOW Amanda you did it with this one , Liam & Kelly are the king & Queen of this series , every book you write and every character you create you make us all feel the emotions like we're going through them with them , the whole story just everything is perfection the second chance love story , how it tel
Love Grey
May 12, 2017 Love Grey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
Kingdom was simply amazing and so heart felt that you will shed a tear or two .
Liam and Kelly are explosive they have this spark thats undeniable. Their love for one another is one of a kind . I really enjoyed this book so much .
One of A.M. JOHNSON'S best book yet.
Taylor
May 26, 2017 Taylor rated it it was amazing
"She was east and I would always be her west."

There is always that book that you remember where you were when you started it, how you felt while you were reading it, and where you were when it ended...and this is that book. THIS. BOOK. Ugh, there are really no words to describe how amazing this book is. Kingdom is everything you could ever hope for in a book and more. Though if you ask me you can never go wrong with a Johnson book because her writing literally gives me life.

"Love and hate - yo
Nora Fresse
May 17, 2017 Nora Fresse rated it it was amazing
I can’t even tell you how much I love this series. When I read Possession which I loved, I knew I was going to love Liam’s story. He’s so intense in everything he does. He’s a bad-ass tatted-up bad boy but at the same time his heart is huge and full of love for his family. At a young age, he dropped out of school to take care of his family since his father was a useless alcoholic. We get the gist of this in Possession. In Kingdom, we get more of the story.

We already met Liam in Possession and w
Nina DuBois
May 24, 2017 Nina DuBois rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I received an ARC of this book for review.

WOW!!!! A.M. Johnson continues to blow me away. Amanda has the power the evoke so many emotions through her beautiful writing and Kingdom is no different. I connected with Liam and Kelly on a level I didn't think was possible. Again I fell completely in love with these two characters. The pain is so deep within Liam and Kelly that it threatened to choke me. A lump of sorrow so visible with each word.

Let me tell you about these amazing characters. I could
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A.M. Johnson lives in Utah with her family where she works as a full-time nurse. If she’s not busy with her three munchkins, you’ll find her buried in a book or behind the keyboard. She loves romance and all things passionate. Amanda enjoys exploring all genres and bringing life to the human experience.

More about A.M. Johnson...

Avenues Ink (3 books)
  • Possession (Avenues Ink #1)
  • Poet (Avenues Ink #3)