Start by marking “Preservation (The Walshes, #7)” as Want to Read:
Preservation (The Walshes, #7)

Preservation

(The Walshes #7)

Two lonely hearts.
Just once, she'd like to be someone's first choice.
She's strong-willed and spunky, but she's left picking up the pieces from her ex's lies and manipulations, and daydreaming about taking a scalpel to his scrotum.

Flying under the radar is what he does best.
He's laid-back and loyal, but he wants the most off-limits woman in his world, and nothing will ev
Published June 13th 2017 by Vesper Press

Start your review of Preservation (The Walshes, #7)
AJ
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Perfection! 5 huge stars!

Like all other Walsh fans, I have been eagerly anticipating this book, and I am absolutely thrilled because Kate Canterbary has smashed it out of the park! From the moment I picked it up I was sucked into the story, and I loved every moment of it! I was highlighting constantly the whole time I read - the funny, emotional, the sexy, the swoony and the profound (so please excuse my gushy, quote-whorey review). This book was everything that I was hoping for, and I absolutel
Syndi
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my! I am in love with Riley. I mean.... he is that perfect baby boy. When i started listen to the beginning of this book, I resent him so much. I thought this book os goomg to be DNF.

But then it blew me away. How Riley and Alex bonds and start their friendship. The arrangement then the romance. They just so perfect for each other. So perfect. I almost cry listening to their love story. It is super cute.

I am glad I push it through with this book. I really am glad meeting and getting to know
Ivy Deluca
Full review in a bit, once I come down from my RISD smutty high. I am STILL fanning myself.

ETA: I did a joint review (mostly a gif-laden conversation) with my blogmates Michelle and Rachel, which you can read here http://www.afterdarkbooklovers.com/20...

Otherwise.....

description

5 big brass balls, I mean stars

I had high expectations going in for Riley, because he was a favorite for the entire series. I was a little nervous, because when you build something up, it doesn’t always live up to those expectations
Al George
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll take stained pants and a fly at half mast any day as long as they are attached to RISD

fly

Series: Yes and I am gaga for it. So this review? It's totes biased. Stop reading now if you need objectivity because I will not be bringing it.

Sexy times: Riley is a dirty, dirty boy. So, you figure that one out for yourself.

Plan on reading more by the author: I believe this is the end of this series. I'm considering her back list. Is that supposed to be one word or two? i can never remember.

Synopsis
Julie
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have a girl crush on Kate Canterbary.

There, I said it. And I'll say it again. The Walshes are back and it's like welcoming an old friend back into my life. Kate has this remarkable ability to not only draw you into the story, but to make you feel so invested that your emotions grow right a long with the characters. Her ability to make me laugh through my salty ass tears is also unparalleled. She immaculately weaves pop culture through out the story which draws connections and parallels to lif
London
This book starts out with page after page of an EXPLICIT sex dream the hero has with his brothers wife (heroine from book #1).

I'm talking explicit sexual detail about his fantasy of fucking, loving, and impregnating her in some illicit affair he dreams about often.

Here's part of his dream with his brothers wife:
(view spoiler)
Jeanne
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why did I read this series so fast?! I don't want it to be over! Overall, I loved the series and all of the Walshes for different reasons. I loved how much depth the characters had. Shannon's book, #4, is still my favorite. Because...Will. This one had great moments, and I love Riley. Of course I love Riley, and the humor in the book...but I have issues.
(view spoiler)
Polly
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
So worth the wait! Riley was everything

So I was a little late to the Walsh clan when I binged read them about a 3 months ago. From book 1, there was something I needed and that something was Riley's book. He pulled at me this whole series and I waited not so impatiently for his story and what a story it was.

Firstly, I won't name the female lead because I'm not supposed to. Just know I loved her.

Secondly, can we talk about how hot my man Riley was between the sheets? Or in the kitchen. Or the
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'Preservation' by Kate Canterbary is book Seven in "The Walshes" Series. This is the story of Riley and Kate. I have not yet read the other other books in this series so for me this was a standalone book.
This book opens to Riley dreaming of his sister in law and him having sex. We catch on quickly that Riley has strong feelings for her and I wonder at first if this going to play out that they might get together. Because it stays on his feeling for her for a few pages after the books into to his
Jaime Nicholson
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We have loved Riley for his bad timing, his zipper that never stays up, his humor, and his insightful wisdom for 6 books. Now we get to love Riley for how fiercely and completely he can fall for someone.

I love all the Walshes and they just keep getting better. Riley is all grown up now and while he is still the comic book loving Riley he is also successful at his career now. When he meets his special someone, he is cautious but intrigued. What starts out as an arrangement grows to so much more.
Fathima
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good God ! I tried , I really really tired to take my time reading this . But alas , that couldn't be . I had to have my Riley fix like a junkie craving her next hit !!! So naturally it took me just a day to finish this book and bask in all the feels that was Riley and his special someone .

Michelle Rodriguez
A Shorties Triplet Review by:

Michelle’s Rating 5 #TeamShambles Stars
Ivy’s Rating: 5 Big Brass Balls, I mean stars
Rachel’s Rating: 5 Holy Hotness, Batman! Stars

Michelle: I already know that I’m going to be fighting, scratching, clawing, biting, hair pulling these two for Riley’s affections. Here’s the thing, Riley is enough for all three of us. Right ladies?

Ivy and Rachel: https://media.giphy.com/media/nPKEqfc...

Ivy: Ahem, in the interests of blog harmony...and because *fans self* oh my, it
Alaina
I'm so close that I can feel it.

Preservation was a bit boring for me. Mostly because it took me forever to get into it. Plus I completely forgot who Riley was and when we actually met him. However, once I read through other reviews for this book I found out that he was from the first book of this series.. which definitely made things a bit awkward (for myself). Sorry Riley? Maybe you should try to be unforgettable?

Anyways, Riley and whatever her name was were cute. I liked getting to know more a
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was as though she'd wandered into my life, all tiptoes and whispers, and reached in and rearranged my entire existence until it started and stopped with her.

I'm going to try, for once in my life, to keep it short and simple. I loved this book. Loved it. Just as I have come to expect from Kate Canterbary, Preservation was equal parts humorous and heartfelt, a blend of snark, siblings, sass, sex and soul-deep love that touched me so much, so deeply, it actually affected my mood.

And that's the
Jane super booklover📚
Liked it a lot like the rest. Nice series. Loved Riley and Alex.
Melanie (mells_view)
 photo 443CA05E-B249-4281-8059-9E27F3E53C21_zps3nh3r8t8.jpg
When you find the perfect person to be in shambles with...

Sigh.

Kate Canterbary has done it once again. Written an amazing story that has such depth, but still has light and heartfelt moments. It's about love. It's about family. It's about life.

Riley has been the fun man-child since book one, and I think Kate definitely gave him MORE in this story. He had layers which we always knew were there. He had so much heart and so many shambles, but it worked so well. Especially once he found his some
Jan
3.5 stars. I really liked the first half or so, but the later part of the book got a bit bogged down in too many sex scenes, and I knocked off a half-star. Riley the youngest Walsh brother, who is secretly obsessed with his brother's wife. Alex the talented surgeon, who was taken advantage of in a workplace relationship and is struggling to progress in her career as a result.

They enter a fake relationship which quickly turns into a real one. Two likeable characters, who were lovely together. But
Mandy
Riley ❤️❤️❤️ I have a weakness for a dirty talking hero and Riley was fantastic. To be completely honest, I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book after the very beginning but I'm so glad I stuck with it because Riley meets his perfect match and I loved this book. His heroine is strong, intelligent and doesn't take anyone's crap. I adored her. Besides the romance, super steamy scenes, witty banter and superhero references, this book had plenty of time with the other Walsh siblings. I've re ...more
Melissa
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great hit! Kate has outdone herself with Riley and his Someone Special! The laughs and genuine moments in this book are amazing and I really want the Walshes in my everyday life.
Mari
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, 2017reads
5 RILEY LOVE IT stars

The much awaited Walsh is here!! I have no idea where to start with this review rather than to say Kate probably saved the best Walsh for last. Another engaging, delightfully witty, romantic, sexy and full of humor book I adored. So Riley has had his share of mess ups the dude and can be unapologetically inappropriate plus of course can be hot too that's what makes him special. Heck he is definitely hijacking the top spot. This may end up long as I have way too much to say a
Danielle
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS!

I positively adore Kate Canterbary's writing. I've been a fan of hers since she released the first book in the Walsh series, Underneath it All, and with each successive release in this series, my admiration for this author has grown. Her writing is simply brilliant. It's so smart, witty, descriptive and sharp, and while it is most definitely sexy, it never fails to arouse to the intellectual side of my brain as well. Technically, Preservation can be read as a standalone, but when it come
Jaime
Where do I begin?

Do I start with the characters? I could. The narration? I could do that, too. The love of this family? Hell, yeah.

I'll start with Riley, we met him way back in the throes of Underneath It All. We laughed as we buckled up for the ride that was this family. Crazy, lovable, making sure a frying pan was ready for anyone's side of the head, copious amounts of whiskey and coffee.

He's RISD. He's always walking in at awkward sexual moments, getting hurt, leaving his zipper down, but
My Own Bookshelves
Sincerely , this IS my favorite book of the series. Not because it was the last one. Not because I fell deeper in love with Kate Canterbary’s storytelling. Nope, it’s because she saved the most complicated and emotional story for The End .

Riley is the goofy younger brother. The light in the dark moments. The eye roll when serious words are said. Consistently the Lou Costello to the entire family of Bud Abbotts. But lingering in the background, the reader knows there is more to RISD than unzi
Melissa Katcoff
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Riley, Riley, Riley....I don't even know where to start!! I guess we'll just start with the obvious! Once again Kate Canterbury has written a delectable, witty, romantic, sexy, entertaining book. She just keeps outdoing herself! I've been waiting on Riley for a while. I had an inkling that he was going to be my favorite Walsh (he shares #1 with Nick😉) and I was right. This was an interesting book because we already knew so much about Riley. From page 1, we hit the ground running. We knew him, no ...more
Nina Wallace
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Batman Stars!!

Holy crap where did this book even come from?? It was so good and funny and sweet and sexy and amazing. Like I want to read it again already.

10/10 COMPLETELY recommend
Nomims
Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it
3,5 stars

I enjoyed this bool but it felt a little too long.
Especially when you know before starting it what the issue will be (if you've read the serie).
I didn't "recognize" Riley at first... Yes he's still clumsy but I don't know, something was missing.
He was veery hooot though !!!
I didn't care about the big thing because like I said, very predictable and in my opinion blown out of proportions.
Anyway in a way i'm glad it's over but i had some good time too !!
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
So the world should know by now that Kate Canterbary and her novels rock my world. It's a given. I drop everything for her novels because she is just that incredible. She writes what she writes and honestly we may slowly die because we want it so bad but like the smooth dealer she is...she gives us that good-ish and that perfect high each and every time. It's the golden kindle crack. There really is no one else like her. Her novels are filled with snark, sass, wit and banter and they leave a las ...more
Samantha
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is part of a series and should be read after reading the other 6 to fully, completely understand the dynamics. Kate Canterbary is a gifted author who perfectly weaves together these stories for optimal reading pleasure. We have watched Riley interact with his siblings and his siblings significant others, each book we feel we get to know him more and start to feel like we know him. Then in the Spire a Riley bomb is dropped and we began to question our understanding of him. I had to go r ...more
Kim May
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you only read the first part of this review, the most important thing you need to know is that Kate Canterbary is one of the best authors of this genre, if not THE best. So go immediately and get and read ALL of her books. She has such a talent in weaving a story that makes you invested in the lives of her characters and not just “watching” from the outside. All of her characters are real and flawed but so relatable and lovable. She makes me want to be a part of this family. I want to move to ...more
Regina Breier
Holy.Smokes.Batman!!!

This book has been one of the most anticipated books of 2017 and WOW what has been delivered has exceeded my expectations. Riley Walsh, the youngest brother of the Walsh Family has been a bit of a conundrum in this series. He is clumsy, forgetful, disorganized and unabashedly affectionate to his family and friends. His best character trait, however, is that he is the keeper of all the best secrets, including his own.

Riley is at a crossroads because he is in love with someone

• Plus One
  • Take a Number (Wait With Me, #4)
  • Riley Thorn and the Dead Guy Next Door
  • Crush
  • Restraint (Mason Family, #1)
  • Make Me Yours (Bellamy Creek, #2)
  • Unraveling Him (Bailey Brothers, #3)
  • The Mistletoe Kisser (Blue Moon #8)
  • Good Girl Next Door (Jetty Beach, #6)
  • In the Clear: An Insta-Lust Romantic Suspense Story (Codex Book 3)
  • Real Fake Love (Copper Valley Fireballs #2)
  • Drive Me Wild (Bellamy Creek, #1)
  • Landslide
  • Fighting for Us (Bailey Brothers, #2)
  • Weekend Fling (Jetty Beach, #5)
  • Bourbon Bliss (Bootleg Springs, #4)
  • The Path To You (Jetty Beach, #7)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
Kate Canterbary doesn't have it all figured out, but this is what she knows for sure: spicy-ass salsa and tequila solve most problems, living on the ocean--Pacific or Atlantic--is the closest place to perfection, and writing smart, smutty stories is a better than any amount of chocolate. She started out reporting for an indie arts and entertainment newspaper back when people still read newspapers, ...more

The Walshes (9 books)
  • Underneath It All (The Walshes, #1)
  • The Space Between (The Walshes, #2)
  • Necessary Restorations (The Walshes, #3)
  • The Cornerstone (The Walshes, #4)
  • Restored (The Walshes, #5)
  • The Spire (The Walshes, #6)
  • Thresholds (The Walshes, #8)
  • Foundations (The Walshes, #9)