Start by marking “Deadly Obsession (Deadly #2)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Obsession (Deadly #2)

Deadly Obsession

(Deadly #2)

4.65  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Winter Cortez is struggling to regain her life after a vicious assault almost four years ago.
Finally, she meets a man she feels she can trust.
But her attacker is still out there. And he is watching her every move.

Sam Mitchell, the former Military man, agrees to do a favor for his friend and teammate.
A favor which brings him face to face with a woman who brings out all of

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Obsession, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Obsession

Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
3 “ Obsessive” stars

After a vicious assault four year ago, Winter Cortez has sober up and is able to get up every morning. That’s until she receives a call that will turn her life upside-down again.

Determined to face her demons, Winter comes back to New York when she meets Sam Mitchell, a former Military man who will do whatever it takes to protect her from her attacker.

I liked the hero, he was an alpha male, possessive & protective over the heroine and fell hard over heels upon just one
2OCC Reviews
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gemma

Stars: 5

Deadly Obsession has to be one of my top reads of 2016 and I absolutely loved it.

KL Humphreys has written another heartbreakingly beautiful story in the Deadly series. Deadly obsession had me captivated from the start and I instantly fell in love with the characters. KL Humphreys has done an incredible job with writing the point of view of both characters and writing the characters emotions in a way where I as feeling what the characters were feeling.

I am in love with Sam and wish that
Nicole
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Deadly Obsession by K L Humphreys is Book 2 in the Deadly series.

This time our main characters are Sophia's best friend Winter and Sophia's army team mate Sam. There is an instant connection between Winter and Sammie and all he is wants to do is protect her and kill whoever it was that put the fear in her eyes and causes her to flinch away from physical affection even from her family.

It's an instant love at first sight between Winter and Sammie as Winter deals with her issues caused by her rape
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review by: Melanie
(4 stars)

In book one; Deadly Hunt (Sophia and Nathan's story), we found out that Winter had been attacked and was understandably struggling to deal with it. In Deadly Obsession we find out just what happened that night, what happened after, and we see what happens when the truth comes out about it all.

Melanie
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it

Sam is Sophia’s teammate from the military and she has asked him to keep an eye on Winter, her best friend and his new neighbour, while she settles in. He reluctantly agrees but is soon completely enthrall
Jessica
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book! This book is so heartbreaking yet at the same time it was an adventure with a heroine while works so hard to overcome her past, while finding true love and becoming a new woman.

The writing was amazing. KL is able to pull you in and make you fall i lmao love with these characters, their pasts, and the side characters.

The plot was so heartbreaking. We learn about it in book one but seeing the characters experience it in someone else's eyes will never give you the full feels as you get
Candy
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
That was a journey of heartache, to have to bear a secret on your own and the closest people to you don't know the extent. Well done KL. You captured the purest meaning of that kind of situation and what happens afterwards. Winter endured and was strong even if she didn't know it, then Sam comes along makes her feel again after such a tragedy. You had me on the edge of my seat the whole time and in the end you had me worried but you came through. I could feel the fear and the love that everyone ...more
Ellie Williams
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Winter continues her story where she left off from in Deadly Hunt.
Just when she thinks she's safe, he comes for her again, back with a vengeance. She moves back home to be with Sophia and her friends, hoping that telling them the truth of what happened to her will make all the difference, however, she'll have to face the past and finally, do something about it.
Rachel Roy
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This one brings the feels! If you enjoyed Deadly Hunt you need to come see the Obsession!

Can't wait for the next book in the series as we learn more about the men and women of Deadly Series!
Sherry Haynes
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Deadly Obsession is the second book in the series. Personally I would read the books in order because parts of Winter's story is within the first book. Don't get me wrong. Everything is detailed within this book but it never quite touches the emotional reaction when the truth actually comes out like it did in book one.

I enjoyed reading how Sam and Winter's relationship progresses but truly love seeing how other individuals relationships are touched up on. This book may be about Sam and Winter bu
Krista Richardson
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing!! It definitely touched my heart. Going through the life changing journey with Winter and seeing her become the strong woman she is with Sam is really touching. I couldn't put this book down. Honestly. Pretty sure I bored my mom with silence as I was devouring this book, haha.
Reading about Soph and Nathan, experiencing Sam and Winter, Luke and Morgan and Ryder and Skye... I can't wait to read more. Know more about their life's while reading about y favorite people falling i
Bethany McNease
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was an emotional rollercoaster. Winter is Sophia's best friend. Years ago she experienced a tramatic event that left her broken. She has fought hard to get her life back when her attacker becomes her stalker. Sam comes into her life and not only helps her heal but helps her break free from her stalker.

When I first was introduced to Winter, I thought she was an awful person. It was refreshing to be able to understand why someone may act a certain way. I liked Sam from the moment we wer
Kim
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG this book grabs you from the beginning and doesn't let go. Winter has gone thru a major tragedy in this book. Just when she starts to see the light at the end of the tunnel tragedy strikes again, can she ever get a break...Sammy falls for Winter and he is her constant support, he falls for her fast and they have great chemistry. This book is well written and I would recommend it. You have to read Deadly Hunt first as Winters attitude comes out in it but you don't know why she is the way she ...more
Clarice
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Geez I don’t know how many times I cried while reading this book. It evoked so much emotion while I read it. Winter has gone through so much. But the author has built a truly inspiring character. One who is strong and worthy of admiration. And Sam, I love him. He’s another amazing character. While i have never been very fond of Sophia’s character, I like her much more in this book. The whole idea that family is not just blood is very inlaid in this series. I love that about it. And the suspense. ...more
Sandra Loves Reading
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy hellz! What a gripping read!
Winter and Sam's tale is fraught with tension and high emotions. So well written that I felt like I was in the story! Reading how their friendship develops and trust is earned was lovely.
We have the characters from the first book here too with this continuation, so it's great to find out how things have developed for them.
I can't wait to read the next book now!
R yatsko
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is wow!
Winter returning home, facing something from her past...
...she is broken, shattered, and scared..

She meets Sam.. who becomes her friend, companion, and confidant.

Love watching their relationship grow as their trust grows..

This story is hauntingly beautiful, reading how love can heal..

Lori Hammons
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Winter and Sam's story is incredibly well written. I could feel Winter's hesitation and anxiety as I read. Sam knows something happened to Winter and he is the kindest, most amazing man to help her through her fears, even not knowing what happened. He only gets better once he hears the whole story. I strongly recommend this book.
Sarah Brown
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series which focuses on Winter's story.
I loved that we got to learn more about Winter as well as still having Sophia and Nathan in the story.
Can't wait to read book 3
Gina Burkart
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow another amazing story that will have your heart in pieces and feeling the emotions coming off the pages and feel like you are right their every step of the way. If you love the first book you will love the second book. You will be captivated from the first page tell the end.
Mel Allen
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is so well written KL Humphrey’s has an amazing series going here. While reading this book I laughed, cried and hope some much, I felt so many emotions. I absolutely love this book. Now on to book 3 in the Deadly Series.
SHANIKA  BENNETT
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 was even better then book 1.
Stefanie Carney
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deadly Obsession is by far something to obsess about. This is the second story in the Deadly series and they just keep getting better. Fair warning though, this will break your heart, at least it did mine. I have found that sequels can either go one of three ways; one they can be a letdown, they can just be not as good as the first. Two, they could just be a big setup for the third book and feel like a waste of time. Third, which I am happy to say this book falls under, it blows you away with pe ...more
Amanda Williams
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You can tell the amount of effort that has gone into this series from the raw passion that just pours onto every page. Fantastic storyline and I was glued to every page.
Jay Tee
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This Authors sure knows how to write a good book, considering this is only the second book I've read of hers, it really captured my heart, so moving, so gripping, so exciting, Romance, Danger, Suspense Everything you need in a bloody good Romance read.

Talk about how tight knit the characters were, you don't have to be family by blood to be family they all looked out for one another and cared deeply the men in this group/family are really Hot caring sweet but absolutely deadly dangerous if you ge
Shannon Godwin
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness!!! I can't say enough about this book. If you're looking for strong women & alpha men who work hard, fight and love harder then you need this book!
Winter & Sam's story will keep you on the edge of your seat for wanting more. This story doesn't come without some sadness but you will still find your piece of mind at the end.
Yes I shed my tears but I don't know if anyone who wouldn't have.
I hope all the characters get their own stories told.... I love these books & Humph
Vickie Sarmina
Nov 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Winter was a prisoner every day of her life, as long as he was out there! She thought she had finally found piece and had hidden from him, but he found her again. Winters best friend Sophia arranges for a place to stay to get away from him. Sophia also asks Winter's neighbor, Sam Mitchell, to watch over her and keep her safe from her stalker. Sam tries to maintain a distance given Winters past issues. However, he becomes more involved with her time goes on and as he takes on the role of her prot ...more
Amanda Stafford
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted this book in exchange for an honest review, and have to say I loved it, the author did a great job with Winters storyline, and the serious subject matter was well thought out and it looks like K.L. Humphreys really did her homework, I love the characters, and how everyone had there own unique quirks, but as a group they really fit together, really looking forward to the next in the Deadly Series...A well deserved five stars!!
Mona williams
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
another amazing book you wrote! its about a young woman who awhile back was brutally attacked by someone she knows. he starts to stalk her so her best friend soph hires a man to protect her. they meet and sparks fly. he will protect her with his life. a action packed book! thanks for giving me a chance to read this book!
Amanda Gillespie Shock N Awe Book Blog
I love K.L.Humphreys so much and this family of friends she has created shoes you don't have to be blood to have a bone. The group comes together to rally around Wynter comes back from her retreat that was to help her come to terms week a post rape. When they think things should be calm they are caught off guard. Sammy becomes the Knight in shining armor. The trials that follow will bring them together out tear them apart. Only time will tell.
Sassy Southern
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book in the Deadly series.
I absolutely loved Sam in this book. Winters was ok. I get from her past why she acts the way she does. She just wants to is move on. It's a good storyline and theres enough suspense to keep you on the edge of your seat. I'd recommend this book to my friends.

A writer of Romantic Suspense and Contemporary Romance, KL hails from London UK but now resides in Ireland with her baby girl and fiancé.

Amazon - http://amzn.to/2a57Za9
Facebook - http://bit.ly/2vCnTDp
Twitter - http://bit.ly/2vVcVeD
Instagram - http://bit.ly/2uH5WlD

Deadly (5 books)
  • Deadly Hunt (Deadly #1)
  • Deadly Past (Deadly #3)
  • Deadly Encounter (Deadly #4)
  • Deadly Mistake (Deadly #5)