Start by marking “Illusion of Ecstasy (2nd dose in the Thizz series)” as Want to Read:
Illusion of Ecstasy (2nd dose in the Thizz series)

Illusion of Ecstasy

(Thizz #2)

When Dani discovered the cash hidden in her attic, she had no idea the problems it would bring. With the help of the Marino’s, Dani is able to launder her father’s dirty money, but their help comes with a price. Her relationship with Matt.

Not wanting to hurt Dani’s future or freedom, Matt removes himself from the equation to keep everyone safe. But when it’s time to go hom
Published December 1st 2016 by Nicole Loufas

To ask other readers questions about Illusion of Ecstasy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Illusion of Ecstasy

Janeka Caris
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great follow up to Thizz. I really enjoyed the character development and LOVED the ending! This author has a way of keeping you on the edge of your seat. Highly recommended!

Must read Thizz, A Love Story first. This is not a standalone.
Belle Lancaster
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you thought Thizz was good, wait until you read Illusions!
This story gives you all the angst and excitement you loved in Thizz and then some. The book is faster paced and I liked that it didn't drag out. And the ending was SOOO satisfying. :)
This is a wonderful conclusion to Thizz!
Rene
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a great ending!
I just finished reading and I think fans of Thizz will be very satisfied with the continuation of the story. You can really see the growth in the writing and the characters. Just perfection!
#TeamMatt
Carlene Amabel
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to win an ARC of this book and read it early.
I've been dying to leave this review!

Yes, this book is about Dani and Matt and Nick but, (Oh Nick) I loved all his chapters and his story! I would love a Nick book!!

This review does contain spoilers.

The story picks up right where Thizz leaves off - she finds the money in the attic. Now she needs a way to use it without the IRS finding out. I really enjoyed the drama that this creates. Mainly because she has to turn to Nick for help
Lucy
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This follow-up to Thizz takes you through Dani, Matt, and Nick's journey into adulthood.
The book moves from the end of Thizz and advances some years into the future.

The story touches deeper on the effects the drug thizz (ecstasy) has on Dani as she enters college and struggles to find her place in the world after learning her father wasn't the man she thought he was. Meanwhile, Matt is trying to cope after his family moves out of state and he's left behind.

And Nick. Oh Nick. I have to admit I'm
Renee Weaver
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second time I have read this book. I absolutely love the story line and I love Dani! This book is relatable to the real life of illusions and expectations we create. I don't like to give reviews with spoilers, just read this! I do hope the author will give us more on Heather and Rob one day, I feel like there is more to read about with them.
Nicole Loufas
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Totally biased review.

I didn't think I could write a second book a out Dani, Matt, and Nick. I was happy to let the rest of their story remain untold or in the imagination of the reader. Today, I am so glad I didn't. Their journey needed to be shared.
Joanne Tamsen
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read and a very touching coming of age story. I really enjoyed both books in the series.
Domini
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect 2nd book!

Oh my word! This book was everything I hoped for and I loved it!
I read Thizz (book one) years ago and didn’t even realise book 2 has been released so when I stumbled upon it last week I jumped straight in. I had missed Dani, Matt and Nick so much. I’m not going to lie at times I wanted to scream at Dani and Matt and Nick during this book but I’d quickly realise they were all so young still and had so much growing up to do.
I liked that this series has felt so realistic and it’s b
Michelle
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I gave this book five stars.I was drawn right into the relationships between Dani,Matt and Nick.They were almost too close.It was like life.In life sometimes people are introduced or want more from you at the wrong time and then when you meet them later on the timing is right.Or vice versa.I understand perfectly how that feels and felt right at home with the strangeness of their relationships.Poor Dani most of all.She loves them both and knows in her heart that Nick is not for her but Matt is a ...more
Jennifer Richey
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book!

This is the 2nd book and the conclusion to Dani and Matt and nicks love cycle! Omg this book had my emotions! What Dani went through loving both boys I literally couldn’t put this book down. The trio grew up went to college but who does Dani pick at the end her first love or best friend.
Amanda Martinez
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I loved both books in this series so much. I didn't like the last paragraph though. They were already clean. Just doing one more in reality can start a whole new episode of doing this drug.
Heather Gerlock
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I started this book less then 24hours ago and I just finished it I couldn't get enough after reading thizz
Crystal w
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goes right with my other review. Great story you have to read all to fully understand and see the growth of the people. Well written great pace and lots of romance and drama.
Ina Frank
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great progression and ending to this series. Highly recommend this new author.
Lauren Barrows
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't Put It Down!

Illusion of Ecstasy was the send "dose" in the Thizz Series, after Thizz, A Love Story and it didn't disappoint! I literally read this cover to cover in one night (I didn't get any sleep, but it's a small price to pay).

The book picks off right where Thizz left off and continues on with the Dani, Matt & Nick triangle-thing. You see Dani take a downward spiral into more addiction but on the flip side, Nick grows into a hard working man and you see him shed his boyish ways
Bridgett Brown
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
The story picks up right where Thizz leaves off! The Author did an excellent job on showing how the relationships between all of the characters developed, and the thoughts and feelings behind everything they do. I really liked book 1 and was excited to read about Nick! I'll stop before I give spoilers. Grab this book and book 1.
Lucinda Fey

• The French Impressionist
  • The Obsidian Collection
  • Circle of Hurt
  • In Flames
  • Juniper Smoke (Smoke Series, #1)
  • Reckless Treasure
  • The Fabulist
  • Created
  • The Bridge (Isaac’s Story: London, #1)
  • Guardian of the Way
  • Taking Mine (Breaking Habits #1)
  • Eli's Coming
  • The Devil's Playground (Sapphire Staff, #1)
  • Once Upon A Winter
  • Breakwater
  • An Introduction to Theories of Personality
  • Kiss Me, I'm Home (Tennessee Waltz #3)
  • Royally Wed (Royally Wed, #2)
Nicole was born and raised in California. She claims to be a San Francisco native, however she's lived in both Northern and Southern California. She credits her creativity to the fact that she attended 12 schools between kindergarten and her senior year in high school. Her nomadic childhood allowed her to reinvent herself often. Some might call her a liar. While others see the stories she told as ...more

Thizz (2 books)