Start by marking “The Ryrie Study Bible: -NASB ” as Want to Read:
The Ryrie Study Bible: -NASB

The Ryrie Study Bible: -NASB

4.68  ·  Rating details ·  205 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
"The Bible is the greatest of all books; to study it is the noblest of all pursuits; to understand it the highest of all goals."- Dr. Charles C. RyrieRegardless of how many Bibles you may already have, a study Bible is a must if you intend to deepen your understanding of God, His character, His methods, and His commands. The Ryrie NASB Study Bible (1995 New American Standa ...more
Leather Bound, Burgundy- Red Letter, 2328 pages
Published September 1st 2008 by Moody Publishers (first published February 9th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Ryrie Study Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ryrie Study Bible

Andrew
Jun 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I personally like NASB the best. I feel that it does the best job at sticking with the original Greek/Hebrew while still making it readable in "everyday" English. I also prefer Red Letter Bibles. Finally, I like Study Bibles (and Ryrie has always done a great job at these) for when you want to do an in-depth study of the Bible, because they give you background information and historical/cultural information to help explain some of the passages. Obviously I am not going to review the Bible itself ...more
Clay
Sep 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religious
Dina (ReviewTime)
About the Binding & Cover
This edition is made from Premium Bonded Leather, with a Smythe sewn binding. The cover has detailed grain, rich color, and a nice leathery feel. Bonded leather is made from tiny bits of leather reformed together with latex binders to create one sold sheet of leather. Depending on the quality bonded leather is composed of 80% to 100% leather fibers. Bonded leather doesn't last as long as Genuine Leather, but does certainly out lasts other types of covers. The reinfor
Marie Pilgrim
Aug 03, 2008 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This isn't the actual Bible I use. I like the Zondervan NAS Study Bible with the NIV notes. I like to mark-up my Bibles, so there are lots of underlining/highlighting, notes in the margins, and the endpages are covered with quotes from different speakers or pastors. The Bible is "living and active and sharper than a two-edged sword" so I will forever be reading and rereading it.
Mark
Jun 06, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This version of the collection of books known as the "Bible" is a watered down version of the KJV. Here, Dr. Ryrie, seems to try to offer a version that is updated and revised to suit more modern tastes. It is a "study" bible for one thing because it offers references to other passages throughout, which is nice. It is also a red-letter edition, meaning that anything that Jesus "said", is pointed out by using a red font. I studied this bible extensively years ago. It gets a lower rating from me t ...more
Matt Downs
The Ryrie brand of study Bible I have found to be the most informative, cleanly denoted, with well-placed and detailed subtexts. I've had a couple of Bibles out of this line and have always been impressed.
Angie
A wise lady I know once suggested reading it through like a story. In the front of her Bible she wrote, "This is a true story." I have since done the same. It keeps things in perspective.
This is the one I use in church and for study purposes. Read cover to cover in 2002.
Karla Goforth Abreu
The New American Standard is an excellent translation for any serious student of the Scriptures. I like Ryrie's study notes, in this version, though I do not agree with every position he takes. His notes are concise and helpful, for the most part.
Chris Comis
Oct 31, 2009 rated it liked it
This was my first study bible back in the day when I thought the NASB would give me the most literal (i.e. dispensational) translation possible. Except for some of the commentary, it wasn't too bad. It was stolen from me in Hawaii, along with some other books in my bag.
Jean
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-living
The BEST BOOK in the WORLD!!!! Words to live by!
Ann
Feb 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite translation by one of my favorite commentators/theologians. Love Ryrie. Love God. Love His Word.
Tim Ellis
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book again for the 2nd year in a row
Matt
Oct 19, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology
Not much commentary compared to ESV Study Bible or MacArthur Study Bible. I bought it hoping to get a classic dispensationalist commentary on the Bible. Below my expectations.
Maria
Jun 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gotta' go 5 stars. (It would be bad Karma not to.)
Justin
May 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a good read if you want to have a relationship with Jesus and spend eternity with Him in Heaven.
Pamela
Mar 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
mr. chad
May 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: you
Come on, man, it's the Bible. There isn't enough space provided to answer such questions.
Linda
  • Evangelical Dictionary of Theology
  • What the Bible Really Says about Homosexuality
  • Wisdom of Narnia
  • McGuffey's First Eclectic Reader
  • Fight for the Forgotten: How a Mixed Martial Artist Stopped Fighting for Himself and Started Fighting for Others
  • Refined by Fire
  • The Tasha Tudor Cookbook: Recipes and Reminiscences from Corgi Cottage
  • The Quotable Lewis
  • America's God and Country Encyclopedia of Quotations
  • Ethics for a Brave New World
  • The Tank Man's Son: A Memoir
  • Woodlawn: One Hope. One Dream. One Way.
  • The Hidden Smile of God: The Fruit of Affliction in the Lives of John Bunyan, William Cowper, and David Brainerd (The Swans Are Not Silent, #2)
  • Jesus, Jihad, and Peace: A Prophetic Vision for the Middle East
  • I Am N: Inspiring Stories of Christians Facing Islamic Extremists
  • Leaving the Fold: A Guide for Former Fundamentalists and Others Leaving Their Religion
  • Letters from My Father's Murderer: A Journey of Forgiveness
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...