Start by marking “Torn (A Wicked Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Torn (A Wicked Trilogy, #2)

Torn

(A Wicked Trilogy #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  13,395 ratings  ·  1,356 reviews
Torn between duty and survival, nothing can be the same.

Everything Ivy Morgan thought she knew has been turned on its head. After being betrayed and then nearly killed by the Prince of the Fae, she’s left bruised and devastated—and with an earth-shattering secret that she must keep at all costs. And if the Order finds out her secret, they’ll kill her.

Then there’s Ren O
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 369 pages
Published July 19th 2016 by Jennifer L. Armentrout

·  13,395 ratings  ·  1,356 reviews

Start your review of Torn (A Wicked Trilogy, #2)
Holland
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't know who had the audacity to rate this book one star as soon as the author put up the link for it, but I went ahead and gave it a five star because Mrs. JLA...

Enough said.
|1.7 so annoyed stars|

Oh dear Lady… am I biased?

I’m so unsure about what I should think. When I started this book I was hyperconscious of the last book I read by Jennifer and how that turned out to be – a true disappointment. So I didn’t want to go ahead and tear this book apart while reading it; and what do you know… I didn’t like it.

I don’t know if this is me realizing how similar all her books are and how unable I was to set apart her narratives. Like, Ivy’s voice is so similar to Kat’s
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!!

There will be slight spoilers from the previous book in this review. If you don't want Wicked spoilers STOP READING NOW!!! Okay? Okay.

Ivy Morgan is a member of The Order, a group with a mission to go out and kill Fae living in the human world. At the end of the previous book she was almost killed by the Fae Prince, until he discovered she is the halfling he has been looking for. This secret throws Ivy and she has no idea who to trust with this information. Because the Prince needs
Kassidy
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-release, ebooks
It was great seeing Ivy and Ren again and learning more about the fae. I didn't love this one as much as the first book. The beginning and middle were a little slow, but the ending was crazy and left me so excited for the next book, Brave.
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
This book was a fun, awesome and semi intense read but kinda fell a little short of the first book. It was still good but in certain parts it felt like it dragged for years😩
Predictable to the point of me being about to know half of the events before they happened.. so yea not my favorite JLA book I've read but still semi enjoyable to read, just wasn't amazing like all her other work.

It did have a bit more character building and back stories to all the ppl involved so that was a plus! Tink is by
Siobhan Davis
So, I'm a bit torn over this book (pun intended) because although I did enjoy it (it's JLA, so come on like) and there were loads of things I loved about it (Ren and Tink anyone?) there were a few niggly issues which stopped me engaging in my usual gush-fest; things that prevented me from rating this a five-star read.

But I'll start with the good stuff. I loved how Ivy behaved in this book. She gets on with things, refusing to be seen as altered or injured or weak, and she never indulges in self
Lisann
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
“You should go update your Match.com profile with that information. The ladies will be lining up outside, because nothing screams romance like being held captive in a cage.”

It is quite difficult to write a review of this book without spoiling the events of book 1. So I will try something short and new:

Tropes that this book gave me and that I didn't know I needed right now:

-A dramatic realization that will change your life forever (This is not even an understatement)
-Little sugar-addicted
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
***Spoilers for Wicked. If you haven't read Wicked yet, you can read my review here***
“I don’t want to die.”
Torn was an emotional ride that was filled with uncertainty and characters I absolutely loved! It was everything I was hoping the second book would be and much, much more! I was left on such a high and I truly can't wait for the release of the next book to see what happens with characters who have easily become favorites for me. Each and every one of them has embedded themselves in my
✰ Liz ✰
★4.5★
“You cannot let anyone know what you are.”
description

Torn is the second book in A Wicked Trilogy. This second book in the trilogy picks up directly after the first book Wicked. Ivy and Ren are in danger and the stakes are high for them to make it through alive. Ivy is a fighter and she refuses to give up. Ren has fallen head over heels in love with Ivy and although there are still secrets lingering between them, he will fight to the death to get her back in his arms.

description
“Why would you want to be wi
BookOwl BookOwl
Couple days later and I'm still not over how totally disappointed this book left me. The first problem was the language of the characters, immature.

I felt as if I was reading about a slightly older version of Alex from Half-Blood. The setting did nothing for me and it took me forever to get through half of this book.

To be honest, it wasn't interesting in the least. There isn't a single part that I can say captivated me, not a single character that intrigued me, nothing.

Can't believe I'm saying
Penny
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Actual rating 3.5 stars.

I quite liked it. Very entertaining.

Wicked (A Wicked Trilogy #1)
Brave (A Wicked Trilogy #3)
Ronak Gajjar
May 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, cover-lust, series
description
Okay! I am been literally annoyed by the - “SAVE THE WORLD” concept! (**Ehhh! I should have known!)
So predictable brewing love-story! Ugh!
Concept: 2.25/5.0
Execution: 2.75/5.0
Characters Bespoken: 2.25 /5.0
World Building: 2.25 /5.0
Cover: 3.25/5.0
Writing Style: 3.0/5.0
Overall: 2.25/5.0
One question? Why does the second part even exist? Wasn’t “The Prince” supposed to be a bit scary? Why such whinny world building? Why always a hot hero? Why always a beautiful heroine?
Actually, I have a hoard of q
Monique V
4.5 I loved this book!! buy not as much as the first one. I like that this was more complex and we got to see the creepy prince in action but I feel like this book was too small. I WANT MORE TINK IN MY LIFE!! This is probably one if the only series that makes me laugh uncontrollably even when stuff is going to hell. JLA just does her humor so well!
I NEED THE NEXT BOOK!!
lena
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
NOW I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL SUMMER 2017 NOOOOO IM SCREWED
Sinead
Reading a JLA book is a lot like coming home. Whenever I read a new book of hers and get sucked into the world with such great characters, engaging plot and wonderful world building, I’m reminded why she’s my favourite author.

This book was like breathing a breath of fresh air. It takes off directly after Wicked – and I mean DIRECTLY, it’s almost like reading the next chapter of that book than the start of a new one – and Ivy has discovered that she’s not human, she’s a Halfling – half faerie, h
Candace Robinson
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this sequel. I liked seeing how strong Ivy was and even with everything that happened with her while maybe a little more damaged she is not destroyed. Tink is like my favorite character so freaking hilarious. I got a little annoyed at Ren, but he fixed it! The Prince was an excellent villain. Although the pacing at the beginning was a little slow the rest made up for it. My one complaint is I felt like there was too much name dropping going on. I can't wait for book 3! Full review ...more
Amy
Jan 29, 2015 marked it as to-read
I'm in such a terrible yet delicious book hangover from Wicked. I need Torn now!!
Ashley Daviau
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book in the series was great but this one was even better! I really enjoyed getting to know the characters more, they’re definitely a part of what makes this series so enjoyable. There were quite a few twists and turns that kept me on my feet, every time I thought I had it figured out something new came along to shake things up. My only complaint is the unnecessarily long and explicit sex scenes. I’m all for some smut but sometimes too much is too much!
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
I have been anticipating this book for a very long time. I expected it to blow me out of the water...mainly because of how long we had to wait for this book, but also because I loved Wicked. Maybe I hyped it up to much in my head. I liked Torn, unfortunately, it just didn't compare to the first book at all. I was a little disappointed by that. Regardless, I still can't wait to read the third book in this series. I love Ivy, Ren, and especially Tink! ♡ He is one of the best charaters Je
Marti⁷♡
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!
I want a spin-off series with the prince. You might think I'm crazy because he is a son of a bitch and creepy as fuck, but I really liked him!
And I LOVED Tink in this book! He made me laugh a lot :D
Stef
Jul 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
It said at the end of Wicked, this would be released this summer? How it comes in here in Goodreads it says 2016?! Please J Lynn, can I have the book now? Pretty please?
Hillary
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: low-fantasy

Although I predicted right at the beginning what was going to happen nearly at the end of the book, I did enjoy reading this book. It had everything I wanted to see when I started reading.

I needed great romance moments but I didn’t want possessive Ren to make his appearance again and I can say that I was positively surprised by him. I don’t know if the publication distance between the first and second book contributed to this change but damn, I don’t even want to know. 1st Ren <<<<<<<<<
Eli Paz
Dec 31, 2014 marked it as to-read
DA. HELL.

NO RELEASE DATE?

WHAT I'M SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?

Danya
I’ve read some pretty bad books in my time, and at least a few of them were written by JLA, but this one takes the cake. Bad writing; a nonsensical plot line; and countless problematic representations of gender, sexuality, and sexual violence combine to make TORN the worst book I’ve read in recent memory. Thank god for Becky and Kaja, who buddy-read/suffered through this one with me (via buddy read) and made it bearable by ripping it to shreds. Spoilers ahead (but it’s worth it to read them, tru ...more
Natalia
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fairy, fantasy, newadult
There is something about Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing style that makes me love most of her books. Her style isn't something that special, but it's incredibly addicting. Even though not everything is perfect, I can't seem to stop reading it.
Ren and Ivy are as cute as they were in the previous book, but here their relationship was a bit more serious. I really like those two and I definitely ship them.
However my favorite characters still remains Tink. He is really funny, sweet and overall amazi
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4.5 Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone.

This series is so fun! I love the romance, action, and I LOVE TINK and his Amazon prime addiction.

I finished this in one day, and I'm going right into book 3.

description description description description description

Yashleen Jhand
Dec 17, 2014 marked it as to-read
2015!!!! There's not even a cover. I'm not going to survive that long.
Vaishali • [V.L. Book Reviews]
Rating: 4 stars

‘Every ounce of my being was dedicated to keeping my head above water, but with every passing minute, I drowned a little more.’

Ivy is in trouble. Terrible trouble. Staggering from the discovery of her own identity, Ivy does everything she can to hide her true heritage as the hunted halfling, for her own safety, the safety of the world and for Ren, the man who has won her love, but he is the same man whose duty it is to kill what Ivy is if he were to ever find out the bigge
Hannah McBride
There’s a certain kind of delicious comfort that I experience every time I open a Jennifer L. Armentrout book. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I’ll enjoy it. She’s one of those rare authors that I just love everything she touches with words. Sometimes I just enjoy the ride, other times I am left agape and sometimes I just can’t control my fan-girl flailing freakouts. TORN, the sequel to last year’s Wicked, was one of those agape/OMG-freak-out books.

TORN picks right where Wicked left off
Ren/Ivy/The prince 3 139 Mar 09, 2016 03:41AM

• Dark Harmony (The Bargainer, #3)
  • Unchained - Nephilim Rising
  • Frigid (Frigid, #1)
  • The Traitor Queen (The Bridge Kingdom, #2)
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer, #2)
  • Scorched (Frigid, #2)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • Tempting the Best Man (Gamble Brothers, #1)
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
  • Tempting the Bodyguard (Gamble Brothers, #3)
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone, #2)
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers, #2)
  • Fire in You (Wait for You, #6)
  • Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

A Wicked Trilogy (4 books)
  • Wicked (A Wicked Trilogy, #1)
  • Brave (A Wicked Trilogy, #3)
  • Kissed - Eine Liebe zwischen Licht und Dunkelheit (Wicked-Serie 4)