Start by marking “Queen of Chaos (The Fourth Element, #3)” as Want to Read:
Queen of Chaos (The Fourth Element, #3)

Queen of Chaos

(The Fourth Element #3)

Persepolae has fallen.

Karnopolis has burned.

As the dark forces of the Undead sweep across what remains of the empire, Nazafareen must obey the summons of a demon queen to save Darius's father, Victor. Burdened with a power she doesn't understand and can barely control, Nazafareen embarks on a perilous journey through the shadowlands to the House-Behind-the-Veil. But what a
376 pages
Published January 18th 2017 by Acorn (first published December 16th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Queen of Chaos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen of Chaos

Laura P.
Dear People,

Please meet what has in fact become one of my favorite series ever.
I usually favour a book (of a series) over another but this is honestly the first time that I love all of them unconditionally.

This book as its predecessors has a thick plot, with no lack of fun moments, twists and jaw dropping revelations. I didn't see them coming...not at all,which is a good thing on itself.

Balthazar confirmed himself to be one of those wonderfully grey characters. He and Lysandros (who, by the way,
Lonna | FLYLēF
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FLYLēF Reviews

Original Post: Queen of Chaos at FLYLēF (www.flylef.com)

IT’S LIKELY, YOU’LL never hear my name and the word fangirl mentioned in the same breath. Yet, I’m not shy about gushing over authors like Kat Ross. I can’t help but praise Queen of Chaos, the conclusion to The Fourth Element series. It is a riveting ending that has placed me firmly in the admirer camp, and will likely expand the number of readers in her sway. Fantasy lovers who enter this world will be wooed by its expansive world-buildi
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4.5 Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone

An unforgettable fantasy and adventure that's perfect for young adults that love action, magic, and bits of romance. This series is truly amazing, and I'm sad that it's over.

In this third book, there are many obstacles that the characters have to go against. They need to free the other prisoners. They need to free Darius's father. And most importantly, they need to defeat Queen Neblis.

Just like the previous books in the series, the point of vie
Dawn
++SPOILERS++

4 stars

Really good but I am a bit disappointed about this one. On a good note, the author says in the afterword that there is another in the series coming so I hope that one will be better.

I didn't care for all the time spent on secondary character Tijah and the devea children. I wanted more of Darius and Nazfareen (spelling?).

I hated that Nazfareen lost her memory, I hated that she and Darius are no longer bonded. But I am glad they still know they still love each other and are ali
Crazy4Books
This is the third book in the Fourth Element Series. The first book Midnight Sea starts off with a girl named Naza who joins the Water Dogs to learn how to fight Drujs after her sister was killed by one. Water Dogs are bonded with magical cuffs to Daevas so they can control them and use them as a weapon. Many in the kingdom believe the enslaved Daevas are dangerous Druj but not everyone agrees with this. Some places believe they're Djinn but they still use the cuffs to control them.

I loved the m
Glory
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Лучшая YA-фэнтези трилогия 2016-2017

Это все, что вам нужно знать, чтобы хотя бы попробовать. Единственный для меня минус остался в первой книге (эти начальные перескоки во времени), а потом... Потом я смеялась, рыдала, переживала, кричала, грызла ногти, рыдала. А главное - удивлялась. В последнее время в пределах жанра со мной такое случается все реже.
Спасибо автору за мир и за героев.
И за обещание вернуться - пусть не к Дарию и Назафарин, но в древнюю Персию и к другим, не менее интересным пер
Rê
description

4.5 “Good thoughts, good words, good deeds and good bye (for now)” Stars

ARC provided by the author.

Thank you!

Dude, I love this series! Everything about it is just so damn good. The writing, characters, premise and those damn stunning covers.

Look at the cover for Queen of Chaos. No. Seriously. Just look at it. My jaw dropped the first time I saw it, and I still haven’t been able to put it back to its place. It’s one of the most beautiful covers I’ve ever seen.

description

But don’t worry, this isn’t the case
Alyssa Janine Busia
Queen of Chaos is a richly imagined, intensely engaging and simply inspiring novel.

On this last book of the Fourth Element series, we will already know where Daevas really came from, how Neblis was able to create those evil druj, and how Nazafareen have that power just like the Prophet. Aside from those, we will also see what happened to Victor on his journey to Neblis’ kingdom and what happened to Tijah and the children daevas she was with when Nazafareen and Darius leave them to follow the P
Angigames
3 stelle e mezzo
In tutta sincerità mi aspettavo una conclusione più appropriata!
Non che sia stata una brutta conclusione, ci mancherebbe, ma non mi ha soddisfatto, per niente.
Prima di tutto, questo è il libro di Balthazar e di Tijah. Il primo scoprirà di non essere ancora perduto, la seconda saprà superare la sua perdita e compiere ancora molte gesta.
Avete capito bene. Qui le gesta di Nazafareen e del suo legato sono ridotte ai minimi termini e quel poco che succede, seppur molto significativo
Gelisvb
Sep 22, 2017 rated it liked it
This book made me furious. I could give it either two stars or four and both would represent my feeling about it.
Let's start with the good: the book itself is very good, the world is well though and original, a mix of history and magical elements.
It was fantastic to read about real historical figures following their actual path in a fantasy scenario. The secondary characters are amazing, the reader comes to feel real strongly for them.
And there comes the flood. My anger. My: how could you skip
Christa Yelich-Koth
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fan-fricking-tastic end to this trilogy. Kat Ross has done it again. I was completely sucked into this story and cared about characters, even when I didn't want to! The details and descriptions of the world are some of the best I've ever read.
Devann
actual rating: 2.5

You would think I would have really liked this volume because I'm always complaining that the secondary characters are more interesting than Nazafareen and Tijah, but somehow it still wasn't that great. I think just because the plot was all over the place. I loved that we saw more of Victor, Lysander, and Delilah but that meant we were following like eight different characters and jumping back and forth all the time to the point where I wasn't really sure what was going on most
Kathleen
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uno-2018
Well, I'm still not sure if this was a last book to the trilogy or a first book to a new series. Yes, it concluded the situations presented in the first two books but for me, it felt like it was already laying down the groundwork for a spinoff trilogy at the same. I didn't like the sudden additional shift to multiple POV (which wasn't the case in the prior books). Yes, it was nice knowing what Tijah felt and yes maybe their POV helped tell the story of what happened to the other daevas. But I th ...more
Alexandra
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review and Blog Tour can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

What can I say? Kat Ross turned me into a puddle of emotions with her final book of the Fourth Element series! Action, betrayal, romance and demons conclude this story which can keep anyone captivated till the final page!

And the best part? The book is told through alternative POVs which are also in the first and third person per chapter, so you don't feel lost. Since I can't spoil you w
Giuseppe
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 stelle e mezzo.
Si conclude, per ora, la serie cominciata con "The Midnight Sea", ma il finale, con le sue tante trame non ancora riannodate, lascia un po' con l'amaro in bocca - ma per fortuna la stessa autrice informa di nuove serie, ambientate - udite udite! - in epoche un po' più prossime, data la longevità di daeva e legati; spero vivamente che anche questi nuovi libri verranno tradotti in italiano!

Venendo a questo terzo volume, confesso di esser rimasto un po' deluso, perché l'ho trovato
Tessa
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: diverse, to-re-read
I am notorious for not finishing series. Despite my fangirl nature, I never have the guts and emotional stability to finish a journey with characters. Most of the time, I view the final book in a series as a funeral for the story and its beloved characters. The dread overwhelms my excitement and creates a paradox where I want to finish a series, but I am afraid of leaving a world behind.

Thankfully, I felt the opposite going into Queen of Chaos. Ross expertly finished Blood of the Prophet with a
Athena
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy, historical fiction readers
Um, ok - my (short) review of this book just ... disappeared. WTF, Goodreads?! Ditto for the previous book in the series ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Subiksha
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
original review @http://www.covertocover.info/

The final book in ” The Fourth Element” trilogy and when I saw there was a blog tour for this book, I immediately signed up for the tour. This is one of the best trilogies I’ve ever read!!!! Each book cover in this trilogy looks absolutely STUNNING!!

Now for the book, if you haven’t read the first two books in this trilogy then WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?? GO READ IT!!! If you are up to date till the 2nd book then this is a spoiler free review for you g
Brindusa
Now having finished this beautiful series, I cannot wait to get my hands on the spin-off and read about the next adventure of these wonderful characters.
Jessica The Ink Spell
E anche questa serie giunge al termine.

Se non fosse che è già uscito il primo volume della serie successiva e che questa lettura l'ho fatta in compagnia di amiche fantastiche, potrei essere triste.

"Queen of Chaos" chiude una trilogia che per quanto mi riguarda considero una delle migliori mai lette. Non è priva di difetti - d'altra parte quale serie non ne ha? - ma è così carica di tutto ciò che amo in un fantasy che non poteva non avere un posto d'onore nel mio cuore.

«Un tempo ci credevo. Ma tu
Denise
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, read-2019
Nazafareen and Darius accompany Delilah and Lysandros on a dangerous journey through the shadowlands in order to rescue Victor from Queen Neblis's clutches. Meanwhile, Tijah and the children she has taken charge of plan an equally dangerous mission: They're headed for Gorgon-e Gaz to break out the daeva imprisoned there. And Neblis follows her own sinister plans, while Alexander's army marches to take on her forces.

A brilliant conclusion to this amazing trilogy that I found quite by chance and a
Kimberly
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite series so far!!! I need to read The Fourth Talisman series!
Pili
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Writing a review for the last book of a series, (and one that connects with another series even!) it's always a very daunting task for me... I'm always unsure about how to review the book, what to mention, what not to mention because I'm always scared that I might end up spoiling something without meaning to!

Let's begin with the beginning, shall we? I was a little surprised when the book started with a new POV, and at first Tijah's voice was so different from Nazafareen's that it was challenging
Nadine
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am going to say it straight I so so so heartbroken the series is over!

But hope came back to life after I read the bit at the end and there is a chance we get to be with some of my favorite characters again.

I say this at the beginning on my review cause when I was reading the last chapter and epilogue, I was pretty much in tears. I have loved this series from book 1 and I really have a hard time letting series go when they complete. (We all know I have not yet recovered from the ending of the H
Arwen
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Queen of Chaos picks up right where Blood of the Prophet left off (These books are so fast paced and each picks up where the previous left off and I recommend reading them all back-to-back.) Our hero’s are scattered after the fall of Xeros’ empire to Alexander. Tijan and a group of daēvas children travel across a barren landscape ravaged by the hordes of undead from Bactria. Nazafareen and Darius travel into the dominion searching after Victor, and eventually they get separated too. The tight gr ...more
Pragati Chaudhari
For full review - Queen of Chaos on The InkedIn Book Blog

*Review copy provided in exchange for on honest review. The thoughts are entirely my own and in no way biased.*

I absolutely love this! This book is a stunning conclusion to the Fourth Element series and I’m sad to see it end! Gaaah!!! Though I believe that I would feel this way no matter how many books would have been in the series.

I also liked how Ross explored other characters in the story. Though Nazarfeen is still the main focus, the o
Melleny
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you would like to see all my thoughts on this book, be sure to check out the review on my blog:

www.abooktropolis01.blogspot.co.za

But here is a snippet and overview of what I thought:

Overall, I urge you dear friends, please pick up this series. If not for the covers then for the content. I have loved, laughed and cried in all of the books and I still find myself craving more of this world. It is the perfect mash of fantasy and history. This trilogy has blown me away unexpectedly and has defini
Haddie Harper
DISCLAIMER: I received a copy of this book as part of this tour.

This is amazing! Such a great conclusion to the trilogy. I found myself lost in this book world and enjoying the characters. Kat Ross does an amazing job delivering a fantastical story that will stick with you. I had a lot of fun reading this book (series), and now that I have, I am really gonna go and have a look at Kat Ross' other work. One never knows when they might come across the next favorite.
Jan farnworth
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This whole series has been amazing from book one each book gives you just a bit more of the story and none of the i fee are lacking in the intensity that builds as you read each book. The covers are all stunning and very much scream you love fantasy pick me up read me, travel with me to a world you known of in your dreams. I am fan and feel honored to be allowed to share this wonderful series with all of you.
  • Veiled Shadows (The Age of Alandria, #2)
  • Highland Secrets (Dragon Lore, #1)
  • The Kings (The Dragon Kings #5)
  • Possess (Mary Hades #2)
  • Relativity (Sage Hannigan Time Warper, #2)
  • Hearken (Daughters of the Sea #4)
  • Forecast
  • Madness (Shadow-Keepers, #1)
  • Bell, Book, and Murder
  • The Awakening (Metal and Stone, #1)
  • Fire Lines
  • The Demons We See (The Dark Abyss Of Our Sins, #1)
  • Passion's Exile (Medieval Outlaws, #2)
  • Dorianna
  • Psychic Visions Box Set 4-6 (Psychic Visions)
  • Angel (The Evolution, #1)
  • Already Dead
  • The Soulkeepers: Books 1-6 (The Souldkeepers, #1-6)
I've always loved to read more than anything in the world, especially so-called genre stories—mysteries, fantasy, sci-fi, thrillers, horror. I like books that take you by the hand and lead you out of the mundane. That ease back the curtain and show you the wondrous and dark and unexpected lurking just around the next corner. I worked in journalism for a long time before I returned to writing ficti ...more

The Fourth Element (3 books)
  • The Midnight Sea (The Fourth Element, #1)
  • Blood of the Prophet (The Fourth Element #2)