Start by marking “Doctor Who: Twelve Doctors of Christmas” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Twelve Doctors of Christmas

Doctor Who: Twelve Doctors of Christmas

(Doctor Who short stories)

A new collection of illustrated Christmas adventures, starring twelve incarnations of the Doctor plus many of his friends and enemies.

Inside this festive book of Doctor Who stories, you'll find timey-wimey mysteries, travels in the TARDIS, monster-chasing excitement and plenty of Christmas magic. Find out what happens when the Third Doctor meets Jackie Tyler, the Seventh
Published October 6th 2016 by BBC Children's Books

Start your review of Doctor Who: Twelve Doctors of Christmas
Alejandro
The Doctor & Xmas, like Bread & Butter!

The general rating is an average sum result of the individual ratings given for each short story in the anthology.

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS

By Jacqueline Rayner & Nick Harris

Rating: *** ( 3 stars )

The First Doctor, along with Ian Chesterton, Barbara Wright and Vicki Pallister, arrive to England, just in time for Christmas in 1963, however things aren’t like they supposed to be, and for a strange reason, some stuff is just odd.

A COMEDY OF
Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)

2016 Book Awards
description
(awarded to Ghost of Christmas Past)
Runner Up: Best Short-Story 2016 (awarded to The Gift)
(more information about these awards on my blog)

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me...
description
...the Twelve Doctors Christmas stories!

(yeah, that rhyme didn't work, moving on)

This was the best thing ever to listen to while Christmas cleaning an entire house. I loved that there was one story for each Doctor, because I've been missing the old ones.
No, not all of the stories were 5
9. The Red Bycycle
Kribu
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*looks at rating*

Yep. Not five stars as in "the best thing in the history of everything, EVER", but undoubtedly the best Doctor Who short story anthology I've read - anyone who has seen me read short stories before probably knows I grumble a lot as it's a format that, more often than not, just plain doesn't seem to work for me when it comes to published tie-in fiction - and .. basically, I can't really find anything to complain about.

I enjoyed each and every story; some probably a bit more than
Ivy
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m a huge Doctor Who fan plus Christmas is my favorite time of the year (I’m basically Buddy the Elf) so when I found out about this christmassy Doctor Who anthology of course there was no way of not buying it. All of the Doctors are having their own little Christmas adventure, sounds like so much fun, doesn’t it?

I pretty much loved all of the twelve short stories; enjoyed some rather more than others though, only because I only know the new doctors so reading about the old doctors didn’t make
Kitvaria Sarene
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas, scifi
As most doctor who books I've read so far this one was amazing too.
As always there are some stories I loved, some I liked and one that didn't do it so much for me.
But overall it was a fantastic, action packed, christmassy and entertaining read that I enjoyed a lot and will most likely reread next Christmas. ;)
Jammin Jenny
I really enjoyed this collection of short stories about all of the first 12 doctors and their christmas adventures. My favorites were #10 and #11 (who also happen to be my two favorite doctors). Great anthology for any Dr. Who fans.
Tabea Vanessa
I really only liked 3 out of 12 stories but the idea was cute.
Jeannette
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Nicole (TheBookWormDrinketh)
So, I needed to switch up genres a little because there are WAY to many schmaltzy Romance Christmas novels…. not like I don’t love a good Romance! But, I’m sure you guys want to hear about something different and I wanted to READ something different!

Well, my geeky little heart could not turn this one down! A compilation of short stories starting with the First Doctor and ending with the Twelfth (duh…) all written by different Authors. I was worried that these stories were just going to be Fan
Diana Rusu
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awesome stories for Doctor Who fans of all ages!
Chrissy
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On average, I’d say this was more like 4.5 stars, but I’m rounding up. I reviewed each individual story in the Traveling the Vortex Goodreads Book Club and once I’m on a regular computer rather than my phone, I’ll copy those reviews here. Suffice it to say that I enjoyed this greatly and I’m glad we read it with the book club this month.

EDIT: Here are my comments from the TtV Book Club about each story individually -

All I Want For Christmas - I loved that this ultimately wasn't some nefarious
David Caldwell
All of the Doctors having their own Christmas adventure.

These are short stories and some are better developed than others. But I wouldn't say any are bad so much as just short. They are often quite sedate for a Doctor Who adventure as well.

One of the best things is that the Doctors dealt with events that were more often associated with other incarnations of the Doctor. Truthfully, for me, the Doctor can sometimes feel like 12 separate characters instead of 12 versions of one character. By having
Phoebe
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A nice collection of Christmas stories with all the incarnations of the Doctor. Some very touching, entertaining, and thrilling stories. A perfect Christmas read! They are easy and quick to read, and enjoyable even if you haven't seen all the Doctors on television yet. A wonderful Christmas read!
(only one tiny point of complaint: An editor should have found it odd - as I as a reader have - finding out that the third doctor didn't know a creature the second doctor clearly had known....especially
patrycja polczyk
Dec 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Nice collection of stories - one about each Doctor. One or two were bit too childish, but rest was perfectly fine, relaxing read. Perfect for this time of the year, too. Maybe I'll find my own Doctor under the Christmas tree, too? ;)
Jane
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yet again a lovely collection of Doctor Who stories where I find that I enjoy those stories more where I am already familiar with the Doctor from the TV series. Although, I do have to admit that I am starting to appreciate the older Doctors more and more. Their mannerisms aren't quite close to my heart as, say 10 or 11 are, but I believe I'm starting to get the hang of them.

Each story was roughly 30 pages long and while I'm not always a short story fan, I actually really liked these festive
Rebecca
I think this is the only Doctor Who book I've ever read that was explicitly aimed at children, rather than having a sort of default young-adult feel to it; between that and the short-story format, these are much simpler tales than the ones I'm used to, and as a veteran reader of sci-fi tie-in books, I can attest to their usual state of simplicity. But I can't claim I wasn't aware of this - it's published by Puffin, after all - and if there's ever a time for a few sweet and simple stories, it is ...more
Kelly Hoggons (Velvet Library)
The writing in most of the stories isn't greeeat, and on the whole things felt a little too rushed. An extra three or four pages in each story would have helped. The stories themselves are delightful though, and definitely have the iconic mix of magic and adventure that makes Doctor Who so special. The illustrations are absolutely gorgeous too. All round, it was a fun Christmas day read.
Felicia
Fun, short Christmas tales from the Doctor Who universe.
Melenia
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this unabridged audio book.
Lisa
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been a big fan of the Christmas specials that came with the Doctor Who revival, especially those involving the 10th Doctor (oh, Donna, I felt for you in that bridal gown, Kylie on the fork lift, the spinning Christmas trees...) so I was happy when this book was announced on Audible last year. I started listening to it on my Christmas break back then, but only managed to finish a couple of the stories, before returning to them this December. While I find the stories charming and fun and full ...more
Rob Conner
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great little book to read over the holidays and I’ve been waiting to dive into it since I bought it last year after Christmas. I’m glad I waited to read it too. It is filled with 12 chapters, each a short story about one of the doctors incarnations, each about Christmas. Some were better than others, I enjoyed the 3rd, 8th, 10th and 12th doctors stories myself. But regardless of the story this book was amazing!

It definitely is a wonderful little anthology collection for any fan of
Steph
As someone who had exams up until a few days before Christmas, I found this audiobook a fantastic way of quickly getting myself into the holiday spirit that had been squished away under stress.

My love of Doctor Who has faded in recent years because I'm not the biggest fan of Moffat's writing, nor was I a fan of Clara. However, these stories reminded me of just why I love it.

So, are some of the stories better than others? Definitely. "The Christmas Inversion" (3rd doctor meets Jackie Tyler),
Rachel
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
Overall, a disappointing mix of short stories. A couple were good, a couple were tolerable, but the best that could be said for the majority was that they weren't TERRIBLE. There were a couple stories that were terrible. Rereading this will not become a holiday tradition, sadly.
Donna
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved the short stories within this book :) not as good as the Fairy Tale one, though. But to have a Christmas story for each doctor was fantastic!
Allons-y!
Brooklyn Tayla
A fabulous and deliciously warm assortment of festive stories featuring our favourite Time Lord. Definitely recommend and would re read this annually :)
Bec (becklepanda)
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Overall rating is 3.5 stars! Bit childlike to begin with but the last few had a bit more depth and made me laugh!
Chris Wing
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: doctor-who
Back when I was a kid, when you listened to your music albums on cassette, you tended to listen to the whole thing. Maybe you ended up being a bit more familiar with side one than you did side two, but, on the whole, you knew all the words of all the songs regardless of how much you liked or disliked them.
Yes, you could wind through them, but unless you were a miracle-worker, you tended to undershoot or overshoot, leaving the whole affair a bit clunky (like Walkman buttons of the early 80s).
With
Ben Truong
Doctor Who: Twelve Doctors of Christmas is an anthology of short stories of Dr Who that is centered around the Christmas season. A collection of dozen short stories and illustrations puts the Doctor into an adventure that surrounds the Christmas season.

For the most part, I really like these festive short stories. Dr Who has been synonymous with Christmas – at least with the newer series. Most of these stories are filled with wonderfully stories featuring the Doctor with the Holiday Season in
Lori Schiele
Twelve stories for each of the twelve "faces" of the Doctor--both Classic and Reboot--from Hartnell to Capaldi. (Of course, I'm running on the assumption that, if you are reading the book, or this review, you are already familiar with Doctor Who so what I am saying isn't complete nonsense)

Each story was written by a different author who, it appeared quite obvious, were fans of Doctor Who, or at least of the specific Doctor that they wrote about and they mostly had the language and mannerisms
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Doctor Who: Time Lord Fairy Tales
  • Ghostly Tales: An Audible Christmas Gift
  • Doctor Who: Nothing O'Clock
  • Doctor Who: The Many Lives of Doctor Who
  • Doctor Who: The Christmas Invasion
  • Doctor Who: Lights Out (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #12)
  • Doctor Who: Molten Heart
  • Father Christmas’s Fake Beard: Collector's Edition
  • Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Adventures, Volume 1
  • Doctor Who: A Brief History of Time Lords
  • Doctor Who: The Missy Chronicles
  • Doctor Who: The Lost Dimension Vol. 1
  • Doctor Who: Touched By An Angel
  • The Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
  • Doctor Who: The Women Who Lived
  • Doctor Who: The Legends of River Song
  • Harry Potter: Magical Places from the Films
  • Doctor Who: Engines of War
Jacqueline Rayner is a best selling British author, best known for her work with the licensed fiction based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who.

Her first professional writing credit came when she adapted Paul Cornell's Virgin New Adventure novel Oh No It Isn't! for the audio format, the first release by Big Finish. (The novel featured the character of Bernice

Doctor Who short stories (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • The Doctor Who Stories