Start by marking “Fur” as Want to Read:
Fur

Fur

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  108 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Grace has always loved the sea, and feels drawn to it more and more as she passes her 14th birthday. Yet there are many distractions back on dry land - her strange vivid dreams, her demanding swimming coach, the attentions of the gorgeous Nik Bentley, and the worries about the downy skin she constantly tries to hide.
Published 2006 by Usborne

To ask other readers questions about Fur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fur

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle HodkinImaginary Girls by Nova Ren SumaOn the Fringe by Courtney King WalkerA Blue So Dark by Holly SchindlerThe Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
Swimmers on the Cover
200 books — 275 voters
Silence by Becca FitzpatrickStarcrossed by Josephine AngeliniTorment by Lauren KateSo Shelly by Ty RothAwake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter
Water
574 books — 156 voters

More lists with this book...

Jose Phin
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jazz
Feb 28, 2012 rated it liked it
My friend recommended this book for me a while back and said she enjoyed it immensely. I was ready for a book similar to Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings, as we both read that book and judging by the cover (of Fur), it looked like it had something to do with swimming/water. I loved Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings, and was expecting almost the same amount of "quality" from Fur.

The beginning was alright; I can't say it was amazing but it wasn't bad either. It was the middle that really bored
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
Apr 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
From the blurb, I was worried that Fur would be just another worthy, but unexciting "issues" novel, but I was pleasantly surprised. The mixture of fantasy and reality makes Fur an intriguing and diverting read.

Grace feels more at home in the sea than she does on dry land. This makes her a bit of an oddity to her classmates, but when she starts to grow fur Grace feels even more strange. This clearly isn't one of the normal changes she expected with puberty. Could there be some connection to her l
Shade
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Just by reading the blurb, I was enticed and wanted to read it immediately. I loved how it built up to any big reveals or even small ones. It has some different meanings and you can relate with the main character in a lot of ways. Overall, I love this book and I think you should read it, if you already haven't. :) <3
Lisa
Sep 30, 2010 rated it liked it
After reading Piper by Meg Harper, I was half-expecting Fur to be just as good.
It was good, but not great. It was a little boring at times but still fun.
To be honest though, the only reason I stay with it to the end was to see if the main girl went with who I wanted her to go with. Simple pleasures, really.
Louise
Jan 07, 2011 rated it liked it
I really loved Piper By Meg Harper, so I had to read Fur. It was a enjoyable quick read - but no where near as brilliant as The Piper though. 3/5 =]
Anita
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
FAVORITE BOOK AS A CHILD
Raquel
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I remember it being a bit strange but I guess it helped, I quite liked how weird and unexpected the story was.
Tjala
Dec 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: jade
Recommended to Tjala by: izzy
strangely captivating...
Stefanie
Dec 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
A really good book, I liked the concept and the mythology and the characters were really interesting but I felt the end was a little lacking.
Aimee
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
I remember reading this when I was 13, I just remembered about it today actually and yeah it was a really good book, original idea.
Jhona
Jul 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
..i love this one..
The Fairy Godmother
Based on the mythological Selkies.
Charlotte Buckenham