Start by marking “The All-New Atom, Vol. 3: The Hunt for Ray Palmer” as Want to Read:
The All-New Atom, Vol. 3: The Hunt for Ray Palmer

The All-New Atom, Vol. 3: The Hunt for Ray Palmer (The All-New Atom TPB #3)

3.28  ·  Rating details ·  79 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Originally issued in single magazine form as: The all new Atom #12-16.
Published June 10th 2008 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about The All-New Atom, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The All-New Atom, Vol. 3

John Yelverton
Jul 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Despite the fact that some mainstream characters are being brought in, it really feels like the author's creativity has been stymied.
Tiara
Jul 09, 2011 rated it did not like it
Full review.

"Don't thou be frontin'." Ugh, this was terrible. I'd give it no stars if I could. Marvel and DC seem to be plagued with writers who try too freaking hard to be hip and funny. This was about as funny as listening to someone read a how-to manual on rock pets. This wouldn't have been such a terrible story if all this terrible "humor" wasn't popping up on ever page. And I realize Ryan is geeky and would make stupid jokes that seemed lame, but even that hit an all new low point.

Lissibith
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
Would be 1.5 stars if I could manage it. But since I can't, we're going with 2 since I reserve 1 for where it just feels like the creator didn't TRY and I think in this case they tried, but were somewhat hampered by editorial.

Anyway, as to my thoughts... TED!

There is plenty to say about the book itself, but the reading was worth it to me just for the cameo from spirit angel Ted Kord. And spirit angel Ted Kord saying with utter confidence that if Jason Todd doesn't keep his hands and his anger i
Andy 117
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
More Atom goodness from fan-favourite writer Gail Simone!

With more serious human affairs covered in the last volume, here we have more utter nonsense - though, this is grand nonsense, and nonsense that feels much more earned that when introduced in volume one.

Ryan Choi, lovable as ever, figures he must look for Ray Palmer, long missing. He employs the help of... well, a lot of people. It's utterly surprising, almost as much as it is baffling. The sheer borderline acid trip nature of the series
Angela
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, dc
The new Atom goes in search of Ray Palmer. He journeys to a couple of Palmer's old haunts, including a construct of Heaven. I found this a really amusing book, loved the whole idea of the heaven and the interactions with characters there. I am really beginning to like Choi as the Atom. A good read.
Jacob
Jul 14, 2011 rated it did not like it
More awfulness, seriously. I think this is the first time I ranked a book with a 1 star (and I'm about to change my 2 star rank on the prior two books and change my ratings to 1 star.) Unbelievable: 3 books in and it's not getting better. I hope Rick Remender will impress in the next volume.
 Paul's  Reading Retreat
it is a good read but not the best
Michael
Dec 12, 2016
Greg Whiteside
Jan 16, 2017
Angie
Dec 15, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Gail Simone is a comic book writer well-known for her work on Birds of Prey (DC), Wonder Woman (DC), and Deadpool (Marvel), among others, and has also written humorous and critical commentary on comics and the comics industry such as the original "Women in Refrigerators" website and a regular column called "You'll All Be Sorry".
More about Gail Simone...

The All-New Atom TPB (4 books)
  • The All-New Atom, Vol. 1: My Life in Miniature