Start by marking “Einstein's Compass” as Want to Read:
Einstein's Compass

Einstein's Compass

2019 Finalist National Indie Excellence Award Young Adult Fiction
2019 eLit Award-Winner in the Juvenile/YA Fiction Category

How did Albert Einstein come up with his wondrous theories of light and time? In Einstein's Compass: A YA Time Traveler Adventure, a young Albert is given a supernatural compass that allows him to travel through time and space, and find wisdom in other
Published January 1st 2019 by Modern Mystic Media, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Einstein's Compass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Einstein's Compass

Start your review of Einstein's Compass
Jacqui
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Grace Allison and Laren Bright's Einstein's Compass (2019) is a glorious romp through a fantastical world of dragons and god-like light healers who are entrusted with protecting mankind from the realms of evil--wrapped around the historically-accurate adventures of the incomparable Albert Einstein. It starts with young Albert being gifted a compass. Being who he is, he is exhilarated and entranced, wanting to understand everything there is to know about magnetism and the forces that make that li ...more
Misty Mount
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
“This YA time travel adventure has a lot of good things going for it. The story itself is very imaginative as it explores a young Einstein who receives a special gift from his father: a magical compass.

Also integral to the tale were violent chapters focused on religion and mythology—even using some familiar characters from the Bible. These scenes were immense portrayals of the struggle between good and evil.

It was those interludes that lost me a bit. As I read them I would find myself wanting to
Siobhan
Jun 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Einstein’s Compass is a book that combines a range of genres, offering plenty throughout to keep the reader hooked. I was a wee bit sceptical at first, as I was unsure how such a story would play out, but once I started reading I found I could not put it down. In fact, it was a book I found myself happy to complete in a single sitting.

Einstein’s Compass wasn’t what I was expecting, not in the least. Although it gives the reader exactly what the blurb offered, I’d imagined a very different kind o
Rox Burkey
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The extended combination of history and magic was an unexpected mix, which pulled me in from the beginning, captivating me all the way to the surprising ending. This novel takes you from the early childhood of Einstein, which includes an illness that may have contributed to his perspective on the world around him as he grew older. It is refreshing to find a combination of history, religion, and folklore told in such a compelling manner with just the right amounts of magic and suspense.

Raka, the
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Time Travel - check
Historical - check
YA - check
Fantasy - check
Fascinating read - check

As you can see, this book checked off a lot of boxes for me and what I like to read.  (Ok, the fantasy genre depends on the book).  But this melds the past and present, time travel, and even some religious aspects with great ease.  I noticed that the book was well researched because many facts of Albert Einstein's life matched up to another book I read last year, so that made me happy that I didn't have to run
Lisa Reinicke
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could not stop reading this book. I read at stop lights and in line at the grocery store. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.

The story is a struggle between good and evil that is straight forward and easy to follow. It points to how easily we can fall into an evil trap. You put a face and name on the spiritual world surrounding our earth and history.

Grace developed the characters to the extreme that they are alive in my mind as I read and I feel the power of each of them.

There is an element
Doug Simpson
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing story. Everyone should thoroughly enjoy reading it.
I was impressed with how the authors managed to incorporate the known information on the lost continent of Atlantis, Light Workers, souls, reincarnation, time travel and the early years of Albert Einstein before he became famous, into a mesmerizing work of fiction readers will have difficulty putting down.
Doug Simpson
Author of We Lived in Atlantis
Kristine Hall
4.5 STARS. AUDIO BOOK REVIEW. Einstein’s Compass is a HIGHLY imaginative mix of historical fact, biblical and mythological references, and spiritual mysticism that will keep readers’ brains whirling and fully engaged.

“He held his breath as the stink of foul, stale blood and dark purpose filled the air.”

Figurative language coupled with rich, detailed descriptions make it easy to imagine the fantastic, but it also makes it easy to get bogged down in it. Though the narrator is spectacular, I think
Chosptickz11
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who reads my reviews will recall that I am not a fan of high fantasy. I read the summary of this book and loved the concept from the start; however, I was almost thrown by the prologue. I’m very glad I kept going! In addition to the unique concept from the author, it was fascinating to think of Einstein as a child. When most think of him it is with his wild hair, similar to the cover photo used on the book. To imagine him growing up with such a mind was a great treat as well.

I really hope
Diane
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What if Einstein's remarkable theories came from his personal journeys through space and time? Einstein's Compass: a YA Time Traveler Adventure blends this premise into a broader examination of mythology as it opens with a brief glimpse of life in Atlantis and moves to the dilemmas surrounding Raka, a fallen Angel of Light. The spiritual shudder he experienced an eon ago leads to his theft of a vial of DNA and exposes the resentment he holds for his uncle, who won't share secrets with him.

He se
Lorilei Gonzales
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As someone who struggled to understood math and science while in school, I have a deep appreciation for science fiction books that discuss complicated ideas in a way that not only do I understand but also stokes my interest. I also have particular affection for books that marry science fiction with fantasy, and, even more so, I adore historical re-imaginings. Needless to say, I was very excited to get my hands on this book.

Now, as someone who nerded out on mythology for fun in the fifth grade, I
S.W. Wilcox
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best prologue/1st chapter of the year award goes to (drumroll)... Reminds me of the power grid theory mentioned on the "Ancient Aliens" tv series meeting the Biblical Ark drama featured in the "Indiana Jones" films. (But not that latest "Crystal Skull" Indie, what with the zombies doing a jazz dance in the graveyard--yikes!)

The English teacher in me, though, aches for a literary inspiration, besides philosophical texts and biographies. As fascinating as the ones woven herein are, though. For in
Ruthie Jones
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Einstein's Compass is a swirling, complex, and intriguing world of mystery, greed, and love. As we all know, love comes in many forms, and young Albert Einstein is blessed with the true and lasting love of friendship that transcends both time and space.

The overall story is filled with many interesting events and characters that populate this elaborate, fictional life of Albert Einstein as a child and young man. Are we simply souls gathering experiences as we occupy earthly bodies throughout time
Edward Markovich
Pasternak said that he was a Christian, because without the incarnation of Jesus, he could not have any sense of human history. I think he might also agree that without Albert Einstein, we would have no sense of modern life. This book is a remarkable collaboration of talent, which opens the mind of a young reader to the wonder of the universe, and the challenge of being a human person. Because young Albert emerges, not as full-blown from the mind of Zeus, but a human person struggling in his own ...more
Jacqueline Allan
I really enjoyed this book. It’s not something I would normally go for but enjoyed it very much. The characters were developed very well which made them relatable.
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Reading Einstein's Compass: A YA Time Traveler Adventure was like getting multiple stories in one. I like stories where you get points of view from different characters. I like knowing how each character sees their own story and not getting their take from someone else. And when you have a story within a story I like trying to figure out how all their lives and stories are going to intertwine.

One story is biblical related with Jesus, Moses, Ezekiel and Akhenaten has gathered in the halls of the
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

A complex YA time-traveling adventure, “Einstein’s Compass” combines various mythologies, religions, and science in a good vs. evil battle that takes the famous scientist and gives him a greater calling.

Read full review in the 2019 April issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Mike
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Einstein’s Compass is a highly imaginative, yet compelling, time travel adventure. It begins in 10,400 BCE on the mystical island of Atlantis, within the Islands of Poseidon, so it grabbed my attention right away. This Atlantis is populated by a subset of mankind totally in tune to the energies of light and love.

From Atlantis we jump forward to nineteenth century Europe, and we meet young Albert Einstein. The authors quickly connect Albert to the storyline that started in Atlantis, and the adven
Jenn Z at That's What She's Reading
I received a copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest and thoughtful review.

This book combines an impressive array of genres such as history, science, fantasy, religion, and folklore to create a unique story that explores how Einstein was able to approach answering his scientific theories. Written in multiple parts, readers spend time with Einstein as a boy through his growth into a young man while also traveling tens of thousands of years throughout history to learn more about the a
Nadine
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to start by saying that the idea of using Einstein as the main hero in this book is pure genius! That is the main reason I was really attracted to this book as I wanted to see how he was going to be portrayed.

The other smart thing here is actually meet him as a child all the way to him being a young adult. So it does give a lot more to play since you can fictionalize everything before he entered History for good.

I actually liked the plot, all the secondary characters but I will have to sa
Alyssa Janine Busia
BLOG POST LINK: https://wp.me/p7AwHZ-5R7

Einstein's Compass tells the story of young Albert Einstein, wherein he got hold of a magical compass that allows him to travel through time and space. While the blurb tells me already about it, I'm expecting to see more of time travelling here which the author didn't fail to let me read and experience. The young Einstein was able to move from one place to another and in a different time and era to seek the wisdom that he can only find there.

The narrat
John Purvis
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Authors Grace Blair and Laren Bright published the novel “Einstein's Compass” in 2019. This is Ms. Blair's first novel. Mr. Bright has two other novels to his credit besides this one.
I received an ARC of this novel through https://www.netgalley.com in return for a fair and honest review. I categorize this novel as “PG” because it contains scenes of Violence and Mature Situations. The story is set in German and Switzerland. It begins in the late 19th century. The primary character is young Albert
Nicole Dunton
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Albert is given a wonderful gift when he's young. This gift can help him travel through time and space. It helps him collect very important data he needs for his scientific research. What he doesn't know is that evil is lurking about. They want the compass in which he has possession of. They will stop it at nothing to get this compass from him. They will take down whoever they need to get the compass. Including Albert.
This book really drug my emotions through the rocks. I can't even. There were
Jessica Belmont
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve been looking forward to reading Einstein’s Compass for awhile. The blub just seemed so unique, I knew I had to give it a shot. Young Einstein traveling through time and space? Cool, count me in.

I honestly had trouble setting this one down. It’s very fast paced, and I just wanted to keep reading. I really appreciate the intelligently put together plot. There was clearly an immense amount of research done for this book and it shows. A lot of times, I found myself thinking, “this could have re
Cherei
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Einstein's Compass by Grace Blair is extremely unique and just downright entertaining! I have no idea how much of the story is based on Einstein's real life.. but, I truly would love to believe that the story is closer to the truth than any other novel written about Einstein! The characters are all richly fleshed out.. and the reader feels like they are right there helping or wanting to help Einstein beat out the evil Raka.

Only the truly lucky folks in life will have a childhood best friend who
Jim Marsh
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review.

This book is historical fiction where a young Albert Einstein is entrusted with an item that unknown to him is of great cosmic significance. The novel skips around the various stages of his life and he has paranormal experiences with religious, mythological, mystic and alien beings.

There are important characters in Judeo-Christianity and Atlantis that feature heavily into the plot.
If you have a young reader who
Courtney Odor
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Time travel at its best!
Overall 5 out of 5 stars Performance 5 out of 5 stars Story 5 out of 5 stars
Reviewed: 05-21-19

First, I have to start off by stating that I got this book free of charge in exchange for a review, but as I always state, this does not in any way impact my review. My reviews are always honest and my own.

I found this story to be entertaining, enlightening, and a must read for those who believe that time travel has possibilities. It is a well-crafted novel with complexities an
Mandy
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book for free at my request but the opinion is of my own. Imagine Einstein was given a magic compass that allowed him to learn things from different time periods and how that would impact his life. But, the compass is so powerful that he has to protect it from forces of evil that want to use it to hurt humanity. What does a young Einstein do in order to save the world and to make life changes? Very awesome adventure and I like the concept of Einstein having something to help him ...more
Deedra
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Audible:So,An atheist,Jesus,Akenaten,Eziekiel,etc walk into a story.I am the atheist.As a kid in what constituted a cult,I would have loved this book.I spent half my time trying to convince the preacher that Akenaten was ok to like because he wanted one god.As the adult I became I find this rather fun,full of many mythologies and aliens.For me there was just too much Jesus love and religious meddling.Curt Bonnem was a fine narrator,though I never pictured Jesus with that accent.lol I was given t ...more
Kate
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The description sounded so compelling and really hooked me, however, I found the book to be a bit boring. I'm a huge nerd that enjoys reading history books from cover to cover too so that's saying something.

The writing was very detailed and meticulously written. It was honestly done so well that I think (hope) that it just wasn't up my alley. It is the classic good vs. evil theme with a new (or rather ancient) touch.

• Come Back to the Swamp
  • Mozari Arrival (Hammond's Hardcases Book 1)
  • Chasing the White Lion (Talia Inger, #2)
  • Postcards from Lonnie: How I Rediscovered My Brother on the Street Corner He Called Home
  • Sitting on a Fortune (The Sisters, Texas Mystery Series, Book 9)
  • So Others May Live
  • The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)
  • The Tourist (Milo Weaver #1)
  • Rise: The Interlude (Black Hearts Still Beat, #2)
  • West From the Cradle
  • Life is Short, Death is Forever
  • Lost and Found
  • The Caretakers
  • Landing in My Present: A Father, a Daughter, and the Singular Himalayan Journey that Reunited Them
  • The Adventure of the Peculiar Protocols: Adapted from the Journals of John H. Watson, M.D.
  • Before the Broken Star (The Evermore Chronicles #1)
  • Beautiful Liars
  • Covey and JayJay Get Educated (Covey Jencks mysteries)

News & Interviews