Start by marking “Love Is No Small Thing: Stories” as Want to Read:
Love Is No Small Thing: Stories

Love Is No Small Thing: Stories

Meghan Kenny's debut collection, Love Is No Small Thing, gives readers an assembly of keenly drawn characters each navigating the world looking for an understanding of love in its many forms and complexities--be it romantic, parental, elusive, or eternal. A father may teach his teenage son "Hearts break easy," but as Kenny's characters discover, knowing an important truth ...more
Published March 6th 2017 by LSU Press

To ask other readers questions about Love Is No Small Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Is No Small Thing

Molly
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Kenny, I am back on a short story kick. These stories got better and stronger with each new chapter. I hate to say she is so good at the show, not tell, but this is especially important in stories about love, and she nails it. Each varied character is well developed and lovable, even when they are not. And as luck would have it, Kenny is reading at a winery near me next weekend. Excited to hear her voice and learn a little more about her process.
Jessie Reed
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is different than the books I usually read. It's packed with so much emotion I had to pace myself through the stories. The writers voice made me experience the pain and confusion that accompanies the love in these stories. This is one that makes you feel the situation, I'm sure I won't stop thinking of it for a long time. Highly recommended.
Danielle Girl
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I forgot how fantastic short stories are. Perfect reading before bedtime. Author has a wonderful talent for painting vivid scenes, felt like I was transported to each and every location. Romance/Love is not my usual go-to, but I really, really enjoyed this collection of lives - some amusing, some heartbreaking, some poignant.
Catherine Broadhead
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down! The best collection of short stories I've read in years! I cannot wait to Kenny to write more.
Mrs. Chow
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spring-2017-rww
A beautiful, poignant collection of stories from a gifted writer. Emotionally compelling characters in a variety of well-crafted settings and situations. Images that will stick with you long after you've finished reading.
Donna Wilcox
Sep 01, 2018
David
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This collection by Meghan Kenny made me remember how much I enjoy short stories. In a succinct but expressive style, these poignant vignettes examine the inner intricacies and emotional nuances of each character and pull you into their respective worlds with careful and colorful writing. Kenny's words seem to be as thoughtfully arranged as poetry, and a single sentence can catch you off guard with a surge of emotion seemingly from out of the blue. Wonderful reading!
Kelly-lynne
vanvanagogo
Oct 29, 2017
Gene Reams
Nov 29, 2017
Meghan Kenny was raised in Connecticut and New Hampshire. She received her BA in English and creative writing from Kenyon College, and her MFA in fiction from Boise State University.

She was the 2008-2009 Tickner Fellow at the Gilman School, a Bernard O'Keefe Scholar at Bread Loaf, a Peter Taylor Fellow at The Kenyon Review Writers' Workshop, and has held residencies at Vermont Studio Center and La