Start by marking “Lucian (Filthy Marcellos, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lucian (Filthy Marcellos, #1)

Lucian

(Filthy Marcellos #1)

An alternate cover edition can be found here.

Lucian Marcello is aware of the expectations following him as the oldest son of one of North America’s most infamous Cosa Nostra Dons. Family in his world is more than blood and sharing a last name. It’s the honor, respect, business, and the life. Being a Capo is just a stepping stone until it’s time for him to take on the role
Published 2016 by Amazon Digital Services (first published February 2nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Lucian, please sign up.
Bethany-Kris Sorry, no. Completely different family/world and series.

A spin-off for Demyan is in the works, though. …more
Sorry, no. Completely different family/world and series.

A spin-off for Demyan is in the works, though. (less)

Start your review of Lucian (Filthy Marcellos, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3.5 Stars

This was a pretty solid mafia read that I really wish I had read two years ago.

"Two years ago" AKA...when the damned book actually came out.

Yeah, yeah...what can I say? I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes.

Wait, wait, hold on....

REVIEW
BREAK

Sorry.

I'm watching my boyfriend Chris Hemsworth in that Huntsman sequel/prequel thing and a sex scene moment pivotal to the understanding of the plot just came on.

Hmmmmmm, all done.

Yep, that's right, I took one for
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
4.5 FILTHY MARCELLO STARS

I just feel like going "Uuuuurgh!!! At last!" I mean come on it feels like it's been ages since I've read a book that I devoured overnight let alone compelled me to write a review. Mafia romances are pretty popular at the moment and as much as I appreciate that, I don't enjoy every single one I read. And lets be honest the plot is basically the same, so the author has to use her writing ability, basically give an old plot fresh life by writing it well.

What I loved about
S.M. West
4 FILTHY La Cosa Nostra STARS

This was a BR with Snow, Sasha and Shanny! It was my first Bethany-Kris read and it was loads of fun! I love getting down and dirty with the mob! And Lucian Marcello was all that and more!

photo marcellos1_zpsqcvhvqwr.jpg

“Being an Italian born Cosa Nostra family was everything when it came to living life as a Marcello. Family. Honor.

God. La famiglia. Onore. Dio.

Greed. Money.

The business.

It all needed to be handled just.”

The Marcellos from Antony, the Boss, to his three sons, Lucian, Dante an
Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan!
*5 mafia Nutella jars*

Who ever says that I'm obsessed with mafia books is so very wrong. Obsession doesn't even begin to describe my relationship with the mafioso men heck I'm not gonna even deny the the fact that I'd share my Nutella with them. And that's where our story starts from though denial and negligence are a few things our main hero knows about but that doesn't mean he doesn't get what he deserves.

Lucian Marcello an all alpha Mafioso. Being Capo means coming from privileged and a
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (SLOW)
Barley 3 Fast-Forward Stars..

Now Before you all pull out your guns and start shooting me in the ass for rating a mafia novel a 3 star...Hold that thought for a second lovelies,Give me a chance to explain..I'm just saying that

First,Let me point out the fact that this book wasn't bad,not at all..It just wasn't good enough..
Something important was missing,Something that makes or breaks an excellent mafia novel.And honestly I can't seem to figure out what "that" is...

My thoughts on the plot : M
Deborah
Sep 04, 2016 rated it liked it

Honestly, not as good as I expected 3.5*

I have mixed feelings about this book, I loved 'Antony' and couldn't wait to start 'Lucian' and it started really well but along the way it became apparent that (for me anyway) something was missing.
While I liked both Lucian and Jordyn (despite one incredibly stupid moment) I just didn't feel their chemistry, there was sex but I didn't feel the heat or the passion.
And while I loved his parents and brothers and the feeling of family I felt the story should
Snow
6 "MY-KIND-OF-MAFIOSO" stars

review to come.
I'm going in...LOL April 8th

This was a buddy-read with my guuurls Irish, Shanny (although I call her Shhh) and Suz and it was a total hit for me...

I don't know how to put it mildly, so I'll go straight to the head!

Dear God, I got shot through the heart and he's to blame –
Lucian Marcello (the name itself gives me goose bumps) – Capo, the killer and yet the most gentle and attentive alpha male I have ever met , well had a chance to read about, that is –
Bev
I really, really like how Bethany-Kris writes her characters, Lucian and Jordyn are no exception. However, I wanted more from the suspense plots which is why this is not 5 stars. I kinda felt a bit let down by the baddies getting their comeuppance off page. I so wanted to see those revolting specimens suffer!

Re-read February 2019
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook Review. 4.5 Stars. This book was a great reminder of why I love mafia books. I enjoy the contrast of their rules and the application of such. I enjoy when the bad boys fall for their ladies. I enjoy all the action and excitement that comes with the experience.

The plot was well done with strong pacing and prose to support it. Lucian was a great hero that seemed to have an easy and quick connection to Jordyn. I appreciate the balance in Jordyn. She’s strong but fragile in some ways too.
Radmila
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread 22.-23.02.2016.

4,25 STARS!!!

"Family. Honor. God.
La famiglia. Onore. Dio.
Greed. Money. The business."

After reading Antony, I made another great decision by rereading this book. Ah Lucian!

Lucian is adopted son of Antony, who is mafia boss. Lucian's real father was Antony's best friend John Grovatti. He was killed by previous mafia boss Vinnie Catrolli under false accusation that he was beating his wife Kate, who is also Vinnie's daughter and sister of Cecelia, Antony's wife. Kate isn't Lu
Christie«SHBBblogger»

The mafia aspect of the book was well done, however, I guessed the instigator of (view spoiler) early on. It was so obvious to me. *sigh*

There were a couple of moments in the book where I felt that the writing was exceptional (close to 5 star worthy)-more so than the rest of the book. But overall, it was just okay for me. I tried really, really hard but unfortunately, I didn't love it.

If you were considering reading it, don't let this dissuade you becaus
TeriLyn
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

**Lucien generously provided as part of the Complete Collection in exchange for an honest review.**

5 "Love can make a bad man a monster."Stars

I love this writing style of Bethany-Kris. The story here continues much later in time than Antony but there's still so much symmetry and continuity from that novella to the story of Lucien. As the reader you're privy to a vast, complicated history that resurfaces itself in big ways. The themes of the importance and faith in family and strength are prevale
Shanny
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mafia
4 stars
Another great mafia read!
moonlight ☾
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

second time’s a charm, as they say. This was definitely much better than Always imo and I‘ve come to realize that maybe I just prefer my mafia romances to be outside of the school setting. 😅
DW
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it
It was okay. I just didn't love it!! ...more
Ashleyjo
Cazzo merda !!!

Meet Jordyn

I really like Jordyn. Despite having a snowball's chance of surviving hell, she's strong and intelligent. She's a survivor, but not a badass. She's open to the less than legal and cutthroat side of the criminal world, but isn't an unscrupulous bitch. It ends up being a good mixture of character traits for me.

"The only thing Will couldn't take from Jordyn was her mind, her spirit, and her strength. Those were all hers. He couldn't ruin them if she didn't let him."
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
whomp whompppp....DNF at 60%

This could have worked for me..maybe...Especially if I hadn't read Sempre by JM Darhower first.

WAY TOO many similarities between this book and Sempre for me to enjoy it:

1. The nicknames like Tesoro
2. The mentioning of the "colpo di fulmine /the thunderbolt.”
3. The girl on the run getting involved with the "bad" mafia principesso
5. The 'adoptive brother' story line
4. The next book's story line is also too similar to JM's By Any Other Name (rival family son / daughte
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
I liked it... didn't love it.

description

I tend to like my mafia reads a bit more corrupt and wicked. I like them much darker and grittier than this book ended up being.

This was great, but definitely on the lighter side for me personally.

There were a few issues that I felt were too quickly smoothed over and then forgotten.
Maybe those issues will pop up again in the books that follow this first one of the series.

I'd recommend this for someone who is new to mafia reads OR someone who isn't as depraved as I a
Barbara➰
Dec 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
*****5 Stars for Jordyn and Lucian
***3 I-stayed-confused-half-the-time stars for the Mafia storyline

Lucian is adopted son of the local crime boss. Jordyn is just trying to stay afloat unseen in the local MC, The Sons of Hell.

Lucian meets Jordyn accidentally in a church confessional of all places (I still believe his mother had something to do with that). They meet again at the strip club the MC owns. This brings unwanted and painful attention to Jordyn. Lucian sweeps in and whisks her away.

I abs
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
**** WARNING: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!! ****

photo heart_turn_love_zps68f9eb25.gif photo heart_turn_love_zps68f9eb25.gif photo heart_turn_love_zps68f9eb25.gif

4 Mafioso Meets MC Stars!!

This Mafia Romance book was written how I prefer my mafia books. It’s not full of hardcore violence however; it is a Mafia book so there is some violence.

Lucian lives with his adoptive parents who have loved and nurtured him since he was eight years old. His father Anthony is Dom of their organized crime syndicate. Lucian became part of their family when Anthony found Lucian living on the streets after the death of h
~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

I really do enjoy a good mafia book. Although this one wasn't nearly as gritty as I like them I still enjoyed it.

Lucian Marcellos had a difficult childhood that he has grown from but still sometimes keeps him up at night with bad dreams. He's known to roam the halls and is the quietest of the brothers. He was taken into this family and adopted at the young age of 8. He has never felt like he wasn't a part of the family though. The family being a strong Italian mafia one. He has two youn
Deserie williams
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
CONTAINS SPOILERS! !

Enjoyable read. Lucian and Jordyn were great togther:) he is such a sweet ,loving man to her. She was awesome. I love that she didn't take his shit or anyone else's :) I'm not really into mafia stories but I liked this one. aside from the Violence and illegal things they are are good ,loving family to each other lol if that makes sense:)

safety : H never loved, had lots of women before but never brought anyone around. no other women drama. no mention of he sex life .
h had onl
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
When I started this series with Antony, I knew that each book would be interesting. This author's writing style and her male characters are absolutely brilliant!!

I loved Lucian. I think it all started when Antony found out about his existence. It blossomed when he was found and adopted into the Marcello family. And it flourished as he grew into a well-adjusted and much loved man.

I liked how his personality and mannerisms were traced back to both of his fathers, John and Antony. The whole nature
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

I was actually debating if it’s a step up or a step down but I’ve decided, it’s a step up for Lucian.

I like how at the start, the backstory of Lucian was presented and the family he grew into. No mysteries and all, and I feel I know him already. From the little boy that he was to the man that he has become.
“Being an Italian, Cosa Nostra born family was everything when it came to living life as a Marcello.
Family. Honor. God.
La famiglia. Onore. Dio.
Greed. Money. The business.”

And then
Kim
This is absolutely one of the best books i have read this year. I would rate it A++++++, if i could. The hero and heroine make the prefect couple. The way he hero acts towards the heroine is so sweet. I wanted to cry when he was sweet. Every page was amazing. LOVE LOVE LOVE
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
3.5-3.7 ⭐️⭐️⭐️. This book wasn't bad, but there is just something about it, that wasn't very good either.

This is a series dealing with 3 brothers who help their father run one of the largest Cosa Nostra crime families. This particular story is about the oldest son Lucian.

The synopsis of the book was intriguing and all in all it stuck with it so there is no need for me to reiterate that in my review. I'm just going to give you my issues I had with the story.

Ok, so Lucian sees Jordyn at church o
Taz-xo
How do I feel right now? Disappointed.

I was really looking forward to reading a new 'Mafia' book. I loved Scarface, The Godfather & Goodfellas but this was not really a Mafia book in my opinion. This was a new adult (insta-love) contemporary romance with some random Mafia elements thrown in. It was like Lucian was pretending to be this big, scary man but was just a little boy playing pretend. If I saw him in a dark alley, I would not run in the opposite direction screaming my head off. He was s
Federica the heir of fire
It was good and i enjoyed it but being italian i didn't like some of the errors the author made when using italian,maybe i'm too finicky but some things i can't get over.I also think that a member of the mafia would never divulge who he is and what he does to a woman he just met,especially an outsider.
And Lucian was too weepy at times.

photo Ryan-Gosling-Shrug_zpsnatpoxwt.gif

• Where the Snow Falls (Seasons of Betrayal, #2)
  • Pocałunek Diabła
  • Bound By Blood Anthology (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #7.5)
  • The Rocchetti Queen (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #3)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • The Bloody Bride (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #1)
  • Bound by Hatred (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #3)
  • Blood from Blood. Vito. Mancuso Family. Tom 1
  • Dziedzic podziemia. Szept diabła. (Dziedzic podziemia, #1)
  • Principessa of Chicago (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #2)
  • The Darkest Temptation (Made, #3)
  • Love–Hate, Hate–Love
  • Ruthless People (Ruthless People, #1)
  • Towarzyszka mafii
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles, #2)
  • Twisted Loyalties (The Camorra Chronicles, #1)
  • Bound by Love (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #6)
  • Bound by Temptation (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #4)
The author of too many novels to count, Bethany-Kris is a Canadian, lover of much, and mother to four sons, a glaring of cats, and a pack of dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, a snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a spouse calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she ca ...more

Filthy Marcellos (3 books)
  • Giovanni (Filthy Marcellos, #2)
  • Dante (Filthy Marcellos, #3)