Start by marking “Choosing Happy (Madison Square #2)” as Want to Read:
Choosing Happy (Madison Square #2)

Choosing Happy

(Madison Square #2)

Madison Buchanan’s life has imploded…

Her husband left her for his nineteen-year-old intern, leaving her alone and faced with starting over in her forties. With the help of her feisty best friend, Madison reinvents herself, armed with a new look and open to new possibilities.

Sean Taylor is gorgeous, fun, and young—very young…

He hasn’t had
Published September 20th 2016 by Limitless Publishing (first published September 13th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Choosing Happy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Choosing Happy

Tpagirl
Choosing Happy was the second book in the Madison Square series by Samantha Harris. It was my first book by the author.

Maddie and Sean met at a local bar. He was thirteen years her junior. He was known as a playboy and she had just settled her divorce from a cheating husband. Sounds like the perfect match for a no strings relationship but that wasn’t exactly how it progressed. The sparks flew and Sean wanted it all, but Maddie ran at every turn.

I liked the story but I grew to dislik
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
Madison Buchanan is where she never thought she'd be. Forty-two years old and single, thanks to her husband of sixteen years who left her for a nineteen year old girl. She needs a fresh start and best friend Margot is determined that she gets it. Convinced that a makeover and a fling is just what she needs, Margot has a hand in setting up both for Madison. Meeting Sean at a local bar has Madison considering some no-strings-attached fun but the obvious age difference is giving her pause.
Cassie C
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Review to come!

Update 9/20/16:

See more reviews on my blog Novels and Necklaces

This is a fantastic sequel from author Samatha Harris, and I'm incredibly excited to check out more from her in the future! Choosing Happy is the second book in the Madison Square series, and while I didn't like is as much as I liked the first novel, I still enjoyed this one a great deal. Ms. Harris has an amazing talent, and is definitely an author to watch. I honestly didn't want to stop reading this bo/>See
Laura Hampton
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Choosing Happy is the first book I have read by this author and I loved it. What appealed to me the most was the fact that the lead female character was right around my age. It isn't often that authors write about forty-year-olds. I know I generally am reading books with twenty to thirty something year olds. So, to say this was a refreshing read, it definitely was!

Madison's husband has just left her for a younger woman and she finds herself wondering why it all ended the way it did.
Kati
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Choosing happy follows Madison and Shaun. Madison’s life seems to be on track until her husband confesses he is cheating on her with a nineteen year old and then gets a divorce. Madison utilises her friends to help her bounce back. In the process she meets Shaun, a friend of her brothers. Madison though the book is often overpowered by the will of others characters whether it is her boss or her ex-husband. While she was an enjoyable character I was waiting for the time where she would stand up f ...more
Tina Morgan
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by Samatha. This one has the goofball Sean. Whose always cutting up and happy and joyful. But he's also been through a lot in his life and he hides pain and suffering with jokes. You just have to know him and look in his eyes to see the difference.
Then we meet Madison she's lived her whole life making everyone else happy. First it was her parents, then it was her husband. When it all fell apart anyway she was lost for a bit and who else is a girl to call but her best friend
Liz Gavin
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tous
5***** Breathtaking yet realistic love story

**I read this book with my KU membership**

I decided to read Choosing Happy when I first read its blurb because I immediately related to Madison's situation. Having been involved with younger men myself, I know too well the hardships and pitfalls. So, if on the one hand my personal experience made me a good judge of the plot, on the other hand, it also made me a harsher one.

But Samantha Harris didn't disappoint me in
Cyndi Becker
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I chose to read this story because I love the concept. You can “Choose to be ___” ( fill in the blank). Unfortunately for Madison Buchanan, she knows very little about making choices for herself which becomes the core of this story line. The very premise of this is how Madison gets to a place where she knows what makes her happy and where she is brave enough to make a decision that will lead her there.

Madison is a very likable character, in fact I liked her immensely and it’s easy to sympathize
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Big shouts out to Sean. He is the man. Young or not. He knew how to charm a woman and not sound lame or fake or like the goal was only one thing. He got a girls ego lifted and maybe a little soaring.

Madison had a lot to learn since life with her ex ended. She has a life to find since before she lived to make others happy no matter how it effected her. In her life comes Sean and he gives her a whole new outlook on life and how it should be lived.

There were a lot of things
Nikki Cook
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Madison has always done what was expected of her. She was never given choices, someone made her decisions for her and she would go along with it. After her husband leaves her for a girl not even half of his age, Madison chooses to make some changes. She just wants to be happy.
Sean has had a rough go at life, but chose to not let it keep him down. He keeps his life as care-free as possible, and enjoys his simple life. Sean thinks he is happy.
When Sean sees Madison, he knows there is s
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
review by

cropped-Imbtl.jpg

Romantic; mouth-watering hero; hot!!!

This kiss tasted of possibilities, of a future filled with ups and downs and choices, but as long as we were together in the end then we'd always be choosing happy above all else.

review 1

This is a good cover. You could guess is a contemporary romance. After reading the b
D.M.
Choosing happy is book two in the Madison Square series. It can be read as a standalone. However, I would recommend you start with book one as the main character in this one is Sean (Drew's roommate from Somewhere in Between and you'll want to know his story).

Madison's husband has left her for a younger woman. She has her career, but her personal life just took a strange turn. She now finds herself open to the idea of having a little fun.

Sean is friends with Madison's brother. He ma
Theresa Alberts
May 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Madison's life changed in the blink of an eye when her husband left her for his intern. Determined to no longer wallow in her sadness, she enlists her friend Margot for a complete make-over. Loving her new look and having a confidence that she didn't know she possessed she meet Sean, a confident, gorgeous guy who is in his twenties. Believing that he is too young and all she needs is a fling, Madison tries to go in with no strings attached...but does that mean you heart doesn't get attached?

Wit
Paganalexandria
Feb 27, 2019 marked it as in-collection-boxset
02/27/19 currently free in Madison Square Series: Books 1-3 by Samatha Harris Madison Square Series Books 1-3 by Samatha Harris
Susan Sager
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy in exchange for a honest review.
Choosing Happy is a story of second time loves. It contains swoon-worthy romance with a message that happiness is a choice one must make and age doesn't define us. I could have read for days Sean and Madison's story.

Remember Sean from Somewhere In Between. He is best friend of Drew's. This boy did not have a serious bone in his body. Then he meets Madison and his world goes full tilt. The only problem is that Madison feels too o
Sarah Fischer
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sean is the typical goofball/ladies man. His smile will make you weak at the knees and his jokes will leave you in stitches. The only problem is that he is alone and can’t seem to make a relationship last. That is until he meets a woman with legs for days and a sad smile. Suddenly, it becomes his mission in life to do whatever he can to make her happy… And I must say, I quite like several of his methods.

Maddie spent most of her marriage trying to please her husband. That was how she
Laura Roberts
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
The synopsis to Choosing Happy really captured me and made me want to read this book. That and the fact that I am a sucker for anything romance. I have only read one other Contemporary Romance before where there has been a significant age gap between the characters that was a big issue for one or both of them, so I thought hey……let’s give another one a go, and I adored Choosing Happy.
So we start off with Madison Buchanan getting drunk to the point of passing out whilst she stares at her di
Felicia
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this well-written, contemporary romance in one sitting. In a genre that most times buries us up to our necks in May/December romances where the male is old enough to be a parent to the female, it was good to see the role reversal…and she wasn’t even old enough to be his mother!

Age difference isn’t the problem in this story, ‘acting your age’ is.

Madison Buchanan is a forty-two-year-old executive vice-president for an investment firm for startups, who acts more like
Katherine Paschal
After Madison's husband of 20 years dumps her for his 19 year old intern, Madison decides she needs to change herself, outside and inside. After letting her best friend Margot give her a makeover, she feels more like who she was meant to be. On a night out to show off her new look, she meets flirty Sean. Sean is 14 years younger than her, gorgeous and fun, and surprisingly, completely into her. Madison is looking for a fling before she settles down with the right man, but Sean is looking for mor ...more
Jules
Sep 24, 2016 rated it liked it
It wasn’t until after I finished the book that I found out that Choosing Happy is the second book in a series. It can easily be enjoyed as a standalone.

Madison is a smart, successful, good -looking woman who should be strong and confident. However, she is anything but that. Her life is ruled by her family, friends, boss, and her ex-husband. Most of these people make her miserable with their expectations and not-so-fabulous advice, but mostly, it is her decision to placate these peopl
Miriam
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Age really is just a number. I know it's a huge hangup for some, but it really is just a number for me. My husband is five months younger than me. Not much of an age difference, lol, but he likes to tease me that I'm so much older than him. Yeah. Whatever. But I know couples who have fifteen years between them, some even twenty! I used to wonder, "How does that work?"

I honestly don't know because I'm not in their shoes but I do know that it just does. The heart speaks a language that onl
Maria Vickers
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Choosing Happy by Samatha Harris will send you on an emotional roller coaster, and before I forget…there is a bonus chapter that you can download after you finish he book. DO IT!! I warn you now, the extra chapter gives you a glimpse of Sean as a child and when things started to go wrong, and it is hard to read. Can I slap his father now?

Madison has been left by her husband for someone a lot younger than she is. Down and out, she meets Sean at the bar and decides to have a fling, but he brings
Kimberly
Sep 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Madison Buchanan's life has imploded. Her almost 20 year marriage to her cheating husband will be over as soon as she signs the divorce papers. Hurt, angry and weary Madison finally decides to take her life by the horns with the help of her vivacious friend Margot. One make over and shopping spree later she feels like a new woman. And when Sean Taylor, a gorgeous younger man sets his sights on her, Madison her life with change in ways she never expected.

I usually really enjoy an olde
Kali McQuillen
Shelves: 2016-read
Madison is a people pleaser. Always trying to make everyone else happy even if it makes her unhappy. When her husband leaves her for a younger model she decides she's going to do something to make her happy. She gets a makeover with the help of her friend and is amazed at how she looks. It gives her swagger. She likes what she see's when she looks in the mirror.

But do you know what she likes even more? Sean...She see's Sean while visiting her brother, the bartender at the bar where h
Melissa Miller-Mattern
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for A Wanton Book Lover Blog

At 42, Madison seemed to have it all. The perfect job, the perfect husband, the perfect everything until life became not so perfect. Madison’s husband leaves her for his much younger assistant. Looking to make a change and “get back out there”, she allows her friend to give her a make-over. Sean is younger; 13 years younger than Madison but a chance meeting at a bar has peaked his interest in her. What is supposed to be a one-time fling suddenly t
Jamie  Zishka
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Choosing Happy is the second book in the Madison Square series, but it can be read as a standalone.. I would suggest reading book 1 Somewhere in Between because it will help set a better background on Sean and give you insight on the other characters because they are mentioned in this book as well. I would give this book a 4 stars and highly recommend to others.

Madison was brought up to be a certain way, act a certain way and only date certain men, when she finds herself in a divorce and trying
Elizabeth
Shelves: arc, eram
3.5 stars - Worth a reader's time

Madison reinvents herself after a painful divorce and she meets a much younger Sean. She's looking for a fling while he thinks he's found the one.
Both Madison and Sean are interesting characters, even though I have to admit to being "team Sean" through the ups and downs of their relationship. I had a little bit of a hard time relating to Madison and how much she let the people around her influence and control her actions.
The author makes a big deal
Irene
Oct 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

This book was alright for me. Yes there was drama but you thought you were reading about high school students not adults.

Madison or Maddie as her friends called her was a people pleaser. She did what others wanted her to do. Her parents, her husband her best friend. When it came time to divorce her husband she turned to her best friend Margot and decided to make a new start on life.

Maddie goes out and starts a new life after a divorce, she starts to d
Cheryl Whitty
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Choosing Happy is a nice, easy book to read.
Even though we have the love interest with Sean, and him being younger than her.
The real story was more about Madison learning to live her own life after her divorce.
Madison’s husband left her for a young intern,
and the final divorce papers have arrived and she feels old and washed up.
Her friend Margot takes her for a makeover to give her a boost.
Looking in the mirror afterwards she feel like a new women.
While in this s
Melissa
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Choosing Happy is a refreshing read about Madison Buchanan - a now forty something divorcee. A not so classic tale of when a husband cheats with his still in college assistant. As if Madison's life isn't complicated enough with her divorce final and adapting to her new normal, she's also forced to deal with a mother who wants one thing - complete control to create a picture perfect family.

Insert the fun loving best friend, Margot, and a slice of eye candy, Sean. Madison's world is about to be t
Samatha “Sam” Harris lives near Baltimore, Maryland with her husband David and daughter Ava. Born in Florida, she migrated north which most people agree was a little backwards. She has been an artist all of her life, a Tattoo Artist for more than ten years, and a storyteller since she was a kid.
Sam has a slightly unhealthy love for Frank Sinatra, classic movies, and Jazz and Blues music, but her

Madison Square (3 books)
  • Somewhere in Between (Madison Square #1)
  • Chance at Redemption (Madison Square #3)