Start by marking “Finding Margo (Finding Home #1)” as Want to Read:
Finding Margo (Finding Home #1)

Finding Margo (Finding Home #1)

Off the charts and on the run.

International pop star Margo Hartman could use a night off. A grueling tour and overbearing entourage have sent her over the edge. It’s time for this diva to disappear. And who would think to look for the superstar in a small Dutch town in Ohio?

Published November 15th 2016 by Gilead Publishing (first published November 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Margo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Margo

Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Off the charts and on the run.
Sheriff’s deputy Brock Moore is undercover as well. He knows Margo isn’t who she appears to be, but her uncanny resemblance to a local Amish woman is raising all sorts of questions…the kind that make her
Nov 01, 2016 Amy rated it it was amazing
Amish screwball romantic suspense... Jen Turano had just created a new genre! Turano brings her trademark flamboyant prose, quirky characters, and zany misadventures out of the Gilded Age and into contemporary romance, and the result is Finding Margo, a wonderfully entertaining and heartfelt joyride in an Amish buggy. I loved this story and can't wait for the next one! My full review and critique will be posted on Fiction 411 closer to the release date.

I received a complimentary digital review c
Rachel
Nov 24, 2016 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this fascinating story about a pop singer who sets out to escape (for a little while anyways) the hectic life that has brought her to the point of stressful burnout. She ends up in a small town that will change her life. I loved the touch of suspense and danger that keeps you intrigued. I also liked that, in spite of her upbringing and superstar life, she was still down to earth and had clung to a faith in God throughout her life.

Sheriff's deputy Brock Moore is a great hero. He'
Rachel Dixon
Nov 08, 2016 Rachel Dixon rated it really liked it
Shelves: bookworm-mama
Jen Turano has taken a very bold step and is releasing her very first contemporary novel (all her books up to this point have been set in the Gilded Age). I am always nervous when an author switches genres, however, I feel that Jen made the transition very well. This book has a very different feel from her other books, which should be expected considering the setting. Yet Jen's classic style is embedded into every word.

When Margo has had enough of the drama revolving around her life, she runs of
Diana
Nov 22, 2016 Diana rated it it was amazing
Jen Turano pens a rollicking, but suspenseful tale of a pop star's journey from the glitz and glamour of California, Gucci handbags, Dolce & Gabbana jeans, and bodyguards—to the quaint, but secretive Amish town of Millersburg, with its pretty flower boxes in the windows, gleaming white farmhouses with wraparound porches, red barns, and ducks?...yes, ducks!

International pop star, Margo Hartman, has had it. She needs a break from grueling tours, paparazzi, her controlling mother, and literall
Lucy
Nov 16, 2016 Lucy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still chuckling over this. What a different take on an Amish or is it Contemporary read.
Melissa
Nov 21, 2016 Melissa rated it liked it
Turano's first contemporary novel is enjoyable and refreshing. Her trademark humor shines through each page as the characters get into some hilarious, yet still touching and realistic situations. The mystery subplot makes the tale more intriguing and full of adventure. The relationship between Margo and Brock is heartwarming and feels very natural. What makes this book shine is the inclusion of Amish characters who are not the central focus of the story, b
Debbie
Jan 16, 2017 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Wow, was my first thought as I was closing this book, my second thought was Jen Turano has done it again. “Finding Margo” is the first book in the (Finding Home Series) and I loved reading every bit of it.

Margo is a pop superstar who couldn’t take anymore of her mother’s forcing her to do one more tour.
This book is fiction but the story line is one that could happen, well maybe not all like how Margo meets her friend Gabby, the duck.
This series is about Amish children who are kidnaped twenty som
Nov 22, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing
After giving it some thought, I’ve come to the conclusion that Finding Margo is in a genre all its own. It’s contemporary, with mystery, suspense, a bit of Amish, some romance, and a lot of laughter inducing moments! If you’ve read any of Ms. Turano’s other books, you’ll probably know what I’m talking about. I’m a huge fan of her historical books, so of course, I had to read this one. I’m always curious when authors write different genres: wondering how it’ll work out, if I’ll find I prefer one ...more
The Books and Biscuits Blog
Nov 22, 2016 The Books and Biscuits Blog rated it it was amazing
Finding Margo – Jen Turano (4.5-5 Stars)

Acclaimed author Jen Turano turns to a contemporary setting with her latest release, Finding Margo. The first novel in the Finding Home series, the novel follows the experiences of Margo Hartman, an overworked pop star who desperately needs to escape after a national tour. Leaving behind an entourage of managers, advisors, and assistants, Margo drives across the country with the hopes of keeping a low profile. An unexpected incident leaves Margo stranded i
Kristi
Dec 11, 2016 Kristi rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-reviewer
This book is certainly no great mystery or suspense. The first page pretty much gives away that aspect of the book. It's not really Amish fiction either. The main character, Margo, is a pop star and does land herself right in the middle of Amish country but the book just didn't feel Amish-y enough for an Amish fiction read. However, the book is a fairly entertaining read.

Margo Hartman was a likable enough character. She reminded me a bit of George Strait's character in the movie Pure Country. Sh
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Jen Turano’s books always make me smile because they’re so pleasantly quirky. I also have been known to hug them close in great delight. Finding Margo, her first published foray into the contemporary genre, is no exception.

If you’re a fan of her historical novels (if you aren’t, you should be), you will find yourself in familiar hands despite the shift in genre. In Jen Turano’s trademark style, an adorable little duck steals every scene she’s in and a simple getaway becomes anything but simple.
Lynda Edwards
Nov 29, 2016 Lynda Edwards rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keeper-shelf
Jen Turano is one of my favorite authors—I have thoroughly enjoyed each of her historical romances. As she has ventured into a new genre, one that I am not especially quick to pick up, I wondered if her trademark humor would translate to contemporary romance with suspenseful elements. I am thrilled to say that it did indeed work in this instance and I’m excited for the next book in this series, as well as her upcoming historical releases.

This book would not have necessarily been one I would have
BlueJeansAndTeacups
Nov 07, 2016 BlueJeansAndTeacups rated it it was amazing
•o•:*:•. OY! I loved this book .•:*:• o•
...is how I promised Jen Turano I would start my review (if, of course, I DID love it), because she had commented that nothing good ever starts with “OY!” after a not-so-nice comment was posted on an unrelated review. And, I am happy to turn that around because I certainly did enjoy this modern mystery romance, filled with faith, animals, some Amish ways, and true-to-Jen comedy stylings.

I don’t usually read modern fiction, but if Jen is writing it, I am r
Julia Wilson
Nov 28, 2016 Julia Wilson rated it it was amazing
Finding Margo by Jen Turano is a contemporary Amish thriller. It is the first book in the Finding Home series which promises to be a totally gripping series. I just could not put the book down.
Finding Margo is a nail biting thriller that will have your heart racing as the past collides with the present and the mystery unravels. A crime from twenty years ago seems to have links to present day crimes as FBI agent Brock asks questions that shake the past.
Finding Margo has the theme of searching. Fa
Fiction Aficionado
Nov 20, 2016 Fiction Aficionado rated it liked it
Having heard that Jen Turano has a reputation for creating lively, witty, and even humorous characters, I have to confess this one didn’t quite meet my expectations. There were definitely some lighter moments – including some situational comedy and some banter between Brock and Margo – but overall, the story and characters fell a little flat for me, particularly Margo's parents, who I thought were too caricatured to be realistic. Gabby the duck, on the other hand, was a charming addition to the ...more
Meghan Lloyd
Oct 30, 2016 Meghan Lloyd rated it it was amazing
Jen Turano has once again proven to be a wonderful writer and storyteller! I have yet to read a book of hers I did not like, and this one is perhaps one of my new favorites by her. While I am not partial to Amish-related Christian romance, I found it to be very enlightening into their culture, and it added a unique twist to an already intriguing story.

World-famous pop star Margo Hartman is stuck in Amish country. After running away from an overbearing mother and an upcoming international tour, s
Jaquelyn Scroggie
Jan 05, 2017 Jaquelyn Scroggie rated it it was amazing
Finding Margo was so much fun to read. I have read several books by Jen Turano and enjoyed every one of them. Turano makes you laugh, cry, and sit on the edge of your seat. The best things a book can do. I enjoyed trying to figure out the mystery and couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. This is the first book in the Finding Home series and I can't wait to read more! Finding Margo follows Margo and Brock as they both try to discover who they really are, and what they are meant to d ...more
Just Commonly
Dec 08, 2016 Just Commonly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finding Margo is just as quirky and fun as Jen Turano's historical novels. It's filled with more than one mystery, though they do seem to all be connected in some way, and a bunch of weird characters that will either have you laugh out loud or shake your head in disbelief. It's contemporary romance at its core. I like the interactions between Brock and Margo, and would love to see more of Sebastian, the stylist that is way cooler than one would think. And there's one very smart duck named Gabby, ...more
Debora Wilder
Dec 12, 2016 Debora Wilder rated it it was amazing
A wonderful mystery with delightful comedic moments!

This book is the first in a new genre for Jen Turano. She does a masterful job of creating the characters and the mystery elements in this story. I was thrilled to find that she was able to continue to include laugh-out-loud comedy situations in this new genre. If those were missing then it wouldn’t feel like a Jen Turano novel to me.

In many ways Margo is very knowledgeable. Yet at the same time she seems to be very clueless about a number of c
Suzie
Dec 11, 2016 Suzie rated it really liked it
Fans of Jen Turano most likely know her best for her historical fiction with its laugh-out-loud hilarity peppered into each book. In Finding Margo, Turano takes a little bit of a turn from that genre but the laughs, smiles, and excellent story telling are still abundant in her first romantic suspense, Amish, comedy that only she could pull off

Margo Hartman is tired. She’s tired of being in the public eye, tired of touring, and most of all, tired of her mother and manager dictating her life. On t
Joan
Nov 17, 2016 Joan rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. Turano has given us great characters in an engaging plot with good scenes of suspense and even some romance.

I really like Margo Hartman. She's an international pop music star. She has just come off a grueling tour and is ready for a rest. Her overbearing mother has other plans involving interviews and an international tour. Margo does a daring and desperate act. She gets in her Mini Cooper and takes off on a road trip. She needs time away from her super stardom.

A
Jan 08, 2017 Amy rated it it was amazing
After reading many of Jen's historical fiction novels, I was intrigued to find a contemporary novel written by her. In her unique undeniable Jen Turano style - she writes true to form. Skilled at developing a plot in which there are elements that are predictable - however, for the large majority I had no idea in the direction we would be taken.

This story, on finding your true 'home', with a mix of rediscovery of self and relationship with God, is one in which I couldn't put down. You couldn't g
Kara
Nov 21, 2016 Kara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: got-review-copy
Wow, what a charming and utterly pleasant read! Turano fans will completely love this book and I hope it attracts new readers for her as well :) Margo is a worldwide singing sensation who has had enough of her agent's and mom's demands and insists on sneaking away for a break. On her first day, she finds herself in Amish territory....a duck crashes into her, a man driving a large truck runs her off the road and into a lake and then she is shot at. I simply COULD NOT believe so much could go so w ...more
Doreen
Nov 05, 2016 Doreen rated it it was amazing
Jen Turano is one of my favorite authors. Her books are some of the funniest I have read. I wasn’t sure how I would feel about this new modern day series. I didn’t know if the humor and wit I’ve enjoyed in the other Turano series would be carried over into this series. Almost from the start, my mind was put at ease starting with a duck that makes an unexpected entrance. Then the conversations between Margo and Brock took off and I was delighted once again by the wit. I didn’t want this book to e ...more
Becky Van Daniker
I’ve heard amazing things about Jen Turano’s books for awhile and many of them have been on my to-be-read list! So when I picked up Finding Margo, I was extremely excited. The storyline was intriguing. Margo Hartman is a famous pop singer who just wants to escape her crazy life and her overbearing parents.She runs away and finds herself in Millersburg, Ohio all because of a duck!

She discovers that there were three missing Amish children taken straight from their beds several years ago. Then circ
Nov 22, 2016 Amy rated it it was amazing
I was super excited when I learned that Jen Turano was writing a contemporary story seeing as she is one of my all-time favorite authors. I wasn’t even at all leery over the fact that she was writing about the Amish (I’m not that big of a fan of Amish books because I find them somewhat boring) because I have read other works by Jen Turano and know her to be a far from boring writer, and also the story basis looked just too interesting to pass up. A pop star on the run who finds herself in an Ami ...more
Susan Stitch
Nov 03, 2016 Susan Stitch rated it it was amazing
Ok, I admit I pretty much only read books I love because my life is pretty crazy and I don't have much time for reading. So whenever Jen Turano writes a new book it immediately jumps to the top of my Must Read list!

Up to this point Jen's books have all been historical romances with a hysterical story line. I have learned that I must not drink ANYTHING while I read her books unless I intend to spew my coffee (or whatever) all over my Kindle because they are that funny!

I was curious about Finding
Karla
Nov 22, 2016 Karla rated it it was amazing
Jen Turano is successful as not many other authors are, at including subtle humor in her novels within a contemporary romance filled with mystery and suspense. That sounds like a very difficult task, however Jen has done in with masterful skill. As I read this novel, at times, my heartbeat quickened, then in the next moment I would have a giggle attack!!

The characters are realistically and so well described that the reader easily identifies with them, feeling their every fear, challenge and joy
Susan Snodgrass
Oct 30, 2016 Susan Snodgrass rated it it was amazing
Ever since I read Jen Turano's very first book, I knew I had found a particular favorite. Nothing has changed. I love everything she writes. Her books up until now have been Christian historical romance. Now, Ms. Turano ventures into contemporary Christian suspense with a little romance thrown in. She switches gears seamlessly between the genres, too.

International pop star Margo Hartman could use a night off. A grueling tour and overbearing entourage, including her mother have sent her over the
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Jen Turano is a graduate of the University of Akron with a degree in Clothing and Textiles. She pursued a career in management for nine years before switching to full-time motherhood after the birth of her son. When she's not writing, Jen can be found watching her teenage son participate in various activities, taking long walks with her husband and dog, socializing with friends, or delving into a ...more
More about Jen Turano...