Start by marking “Legends of Perilisc” as Want to Read:
Legends of Perilisc

Legends of Perilisc

(Perilisc)

This collection of short stories features myths and lore from Perilisc, a unique fantasy setting. Journey deeper into its history. Struggles of royalty, immortal love, unruly wizards, lost heroes, blistering vendettas and more, provide gripping insight into the scope of this realm.
Published July 9th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Legends of Perilisc, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legends of Perilisc

Dianne
Epic fantasies are a chance to truly leave this world and travel to faraway places and live within each tale. But every story has a history, a time “before” and its own legends of magical proportions. The world of Perilisc is no different. Welcome to the world of the LEGENDS OF PERILISC as the master storyteller of larger-than-life fantasy, Jesse Teller presents a series of short stories that add yet another layer to live, to encounter and to devour!

Travel through time and hear the tales of Simon Bard, immortal, as
Rebekah
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: perilisc, favorites
This collection is perfect for fans of Jesse Teller's work who want to know more about the world, some of the background and origin myths hinted at in his novels. Here's a brief summary of each story.

The Second Age
This story shows us how the great God War warped people into many varied races, and how a new age of humans was created in Perilisc in the aftermath. A firsthand account from the immortal Simon Bard, this is also the origin story for Clark the First King.

To Love a Beast
In Teller's nove
Veronica
Sep 13, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a set of short stories set in the world of Perilisc. At first, I found it difficult to follow as I had no idea about this fantasy world (I have never read any of this author's work before) but once I got used to it, I really enjoyed the style of writing and the complex legends and stories that abound in this book. I am very interested in actually reading more of Jesse Teller's books based on the writing itself.
Tara Woods Turner
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the most involved fantasy stories I have come across in a long time. If you love the genre I think you must absolutely read this although I can't promise you will find it an easy, lightly enjoyable read. What I do think, however, is that you will be engrossed until the very end and you will find yourself wanting more, possibly a pre-quel.

The writing is tight and dense with as much attention being given to the prosaic as well as the lyrical angles of the narrative. A Beowulf comp
Robin Goodfellow
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
-I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Legends of Perilisc, by Jesse Teller, is a short story collection that explores the imperfections of the deities that made this world, as well as humanity’s struggles to go on with their lives.

Each story has a gorgeous narrative, filled with sorrowful realism, the phrases laced with magic. From gods fighting for the souls of humans, to humans trying to usher in a New Age, to even the slaying of a long, corrupted b
Barry
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
*Kind of disclosure - I gratefully received a review copy of this via the author but before I had the chance to read it my hard drive crashed and I lost the book. I wanted to read the book and thought it was the highlight of bare faced cheek to request another copy and I have enjoyed Jesse Teller's work in the past so I went and bought it. So yes, I got a review copy, but I'm reviewing a purchased copy. Not that any of that really matters but whatever....*

* Minor spoilers below*
Hannah Lynch
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Of you like dark fantasy Jesse teller is your author.
Traci Curran
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Stories you will never forget-a must read!
It takes no time to get lost in the steady rhythm of the words. Each story greater than the last with scenes so vivid you would swear you were there. It left me wishing for more from the characters that I quickly grew to love. This was a great collection of stories that was hard to put down. I've even read some of the stories twice since it was released a few months ago-Havoc fascinates me.
Tabitha Guzman
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read! The author has a way with words that paints pictures in your mind!
Jacob Townsend