Start by marking “Hit and Run” as Want to Read:

Read Book

Hit and Run

Raina Wilkins has little to live for - until she's forced on the run with a wanted killer and a homeless teen with a deadly secret ...

Driving alone on a dark autumn night, Raina hits a man who darts from the Maine woods in front of her. The injured stranger climbs in her car, forces her to drive on at gunpoint, but gets out soon after and disappears back into the forest.

Ra
Published June 16th 2016 by Slender Thread

To ask other readers questions about Hit and Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hit and Run

Start your review of Hit and Run
Lisa
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Raina Wilkins was on a dark wooded road when something jumped out of the woods in front of her, she thought it was an animal but turned out to be human.

She looked at the body the mans face his eyes wild his features were disfigured grimace of pain ,she felt dread consume her but when she looked back the body had disappeared!

10 years earlier Raina Wilkins lost her husband Rick,still grieving Detective Craig Farrington comes in to solve the case now he ïs back , he had arrested her for drink drivi
Brenda
As Raina Wilkins drove home from a night at the movies, her thoughts were dark. Her life had spiralled out of control since the accident ten years prior, and try as she might, she couldn’t seem to gain a measure of happiness or peace. But when Raina felt the thud after seeing a man running from the woods in front of her, she had no idea how much her life was about to change.

Terrified at the gun in her face, Raina did what the stranger ordered. But when he suddenly disappeared, Raina headed for h
Shane
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!! With plenty of action and suspense and two awesome, feisty female protagonists like Raina and Erin I thoroughly recommend this book to anyone.
Rita
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
I received a copy of Hit and Run by Diane Hester through Goodreads in exchange for an honest review. My thanks to the author, Diane Hester for the opportunity to read this book. I literally couldn’t put the book down, I was captivated to read it!! This book is a page-turner!!

Hit and Run follows the story of 28-year-old Raina Wilkins, our main protagonist, who really has little to live for. She is haunted by her sad past but tries to make thing better in the present. Until one night, out of the b
Val Roche
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just 'Wow'!

This book was brought to my attention by a member of a book club i use.
I bought it just as a filler as my TBR pile wasn't 'grabbing me'.
I am SO pleased it was more or less stumbled upon!
What a gem!!
Our heroine has a troubled past, which seems to come back to haunt her and threaten to almost repeat itself.
This book keeps giving and giving till the end.
I read straight through the night and shall be seeking more from the author.
Dianne
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's not often the ending is a surprise, this one was. I loved the humanity and realness of the characters and the way Diane let them evolve through the story. Lots of twists and turns, great characters, intriguing plot. It was a wonderful and thoroughly enjoyable read and I'm sure I will be reading it again. I won this novel in a goodreads giveaway.
Margaret Hortz
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a page turner. It is sometimes written in vague riddles but it keeps you fascinated and intrigued to see what happens next. Big twist at the end but I won't be a spoiler. Great read
Mary Nee
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book! Would definitely recommend it to friends and family. A lot of twist and turns and you may think you have it figured out and then you don't!
Liz
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this thriller from Diane Hester, HIT AND RUN! This novel literally has something in it for everyone but really is a must read for the thriller lover! I know of and have read previous works from Hester but this one has to be a fast favorite that I will for sure be doing a reread of eventually. I loved how this book read and flowed like a thriller movie. I was always at the edge of my seat awaiting that next twist or turn in the road that would come and rarely was it what I had ...more
Jenny
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked from page one reading this suspenseful thriller by Diane Hester, having read and enjoyed a previous novel by her I was looking forward to reading this latest offering and was definitely not disappointed. Raina Wilkins hits a man whilst driving her car, a man that literally comes out of the woods in front of her and if that wasn’t shocking enough he then orders Raina at gunpoint to drive him further into the forest where he abruptly gets out and disappears back into the forest. Raina ...more
Laura Furuta
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By Diane Hester
5 out of 5 stars

I loved reading the book Hit and Run by Diane Hester. It is a suspenseful thriller that kept me on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next. It is a story that includes mystery and danger. I loved reading about the characters of Raina Wilkins and Alec DeMarco. Raina is a character that I could empathize with. From the time that she hits Alec with her car, her life is turned upside down. From then on, she finds herself in dangerous situ
Tausha Treadway
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
HIT AND RUN by Diane Hester. All I can say is WOW! I loved this book. I lost a night of sleep over it but it was sooo worth it! Its the story of Rainia Wilkins who is driving alone on a fall night in Maine when a man jumps in front of her car. She hits him and then he climbs into her car and forces her at gunpoint to drive to the airport. Before Rainia can even wrap her mind around what his happening he jumps back out of the car and runs into the woods again. What she doesn't know is he left som ...more
Faith
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Raina Wilkins has given up on life until she’s demanded to become a fugitive with a wanted killer and vagrant teen with a dangerous secret.
On a crisp fall night, she hits a man who leads her into the dark Maine woods. The injured drifter takes her at gunpoint, forcing her to drive but vanishes into the woods.
Raina is lucky to have escaped with her life but Alec Demarco has deserted something which leads him back to Raina. What he’s left behind others will do anything to have. Raina becomes ca
Kerry Baker
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hit and Run by Diane Hester is an intriguing book that definitely knows how to keep you turning the pages.
This is one of those books that had my attention from the moment I read the description. I immediately wanted to know what was going on and how things would turn out.
This was a fast paced story that really grabbed my attention. It was exciting and action packed - I really wasn’t sure how things would end which just made it even more exciting.
I have read a few books by this author now and I a
Meg Tyrrell
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Diane Hester, it was amazing. Hands down loved it. This story gives us Raina as our main female character and Alac as our main male- but so many other characters. This was deeply developed and I felt emotional connections with all of the people we come across. I couldn’t get enough of this book. She has been through some trauma that causes specific situations to occur. She feels hopeless, lost and unloved. I love her! Oh my goodness. If I could give this book more than 5 ...more
Jenni Bishop
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hit and Run by Diane Hester is a great and gripping mystery thriller and has to be my favourite by her. I was captivated and the pages kept on turning and I found myself finishing it in one sitting. Diane has woven the threads to give us something that keeps you guessing with the twists and action and thinking you are on the right track, only to be turned right around. Our heroine is troubled by her past and it almost seems like history is repeating but is she strong enough to overcome her fears ...more
Kimberly Griffiths
By
Diane Hester

Diane has done it again! She writes some really good mysteries! You will love this story about
Raina, who finds her life turned upside down in an instant. The story is gripping,it pulls you in and keeps you there till the end. One twist straight to another.
One night Raina is driving home from a movie and in an instant her world is turned upside down.
Just when you think you have it figured out, bang, another twist. You will enjoy this book from the first word till the l
Bobbi Wagner
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a suspense-thriller that I enjoyed from beginning to end. I was pulled in right from the beginning and kept engaged to the end. This is a well developed story that has twists and turns that kept me turning pages just waiting to see what would happen next. The characters made the story feel real to me. I had no problem connecting to them. Raina was driving alone on a dark wooded road when a man came out of the woods and she hit him. He forces her to drive at gunpoint but gets out and goes ...more
Jonell
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hit and Run by Diane Hester is a great page turning thriller. I must confess I read it all in one sitting. I really could not put it down. So many twists and plots you really can’t put it down. The slow burning romance is just right. The action, and deep thinking to solve the mystery all came in just the right doses to keep me in this book till the end. To say I was not disappointed is an understatement. Diane Hester is a name I will remember when looking for a good book to get lost in.
Finn Cunningham
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book I've read from Diane, and I was absolutely hooked! From the very first page I was hooked, and i am 100% going to be rereading this! From the very first paragraph of this book I was intrigued and just couldn't put it down. I definitely recommend this book, and any of Diane's other works! I very much look forward to reading more from Diane!
Jeannie May
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant! Much anticipated and definitely didn't disappoint...stayed up way too late because I couldn't put it down! Highly recommend this for action packed, twists and turns, surprises aplenty! Hardest part was when it ended...what to read next?
Victoria Zieger
I received this book from a Goodreads giveaway. I found this to be pretty predictable. It had an interesting storyline and a few twists, but I wasn’t super shocked by any of them. It definitely was a page turner and I got through it quickly. I felt like the ending was just too neatly put together and unrealistic. Overall, it’s not a bad read, but could have been better with the way the story played out.
Wanda C
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Surprised me with the ending; I thought I had it all figured out. Boy, was I wrong. Great mystery read.

Based on a five-star rating, I give it five stars!
1) Buy from the author in the future? Yes
2) Did it keep me intrigued? Yes
3) Story line adventurous, mysterious, and believable? Yes
4) Would I recommend to a family member/friend? Yes.
5) Did my idea of the book based on the cover remain the same after I read the book? Yes. One can tell the female on the cover is in a "run" situation.
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
Hit and Run follows the story of a woman haunted by her past while dealing with a mystery in the present. How much does her past influence her decisions and how will she reconcile them?

This was a very well written book - the pace was perfect, leading up to a great conclusion. The book had a great flow and was easy to read without being 'simple'.

I thoroughly enjoyed the read and would highly recommend!
Bridgett Brown
Apr 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I won this in a Goodreads Giveaway.
Raina really has little to live for, but one night she hits a guy, he jumps in and makes her drive him down the road then he jumps out and runs into the woods. Thankful thats over she hopes to never see him again. But when something is left in her car, something people would kill for. Her life gets thrown upside down.
April Brown
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
***Goodreads Giveaway ****
I won this book on a give away! It was a great suspenseful read! The plot was well developed and kept me guessing till the end. The best part of giveaways is finding a good author to keep following. Especially newer authors.
joanne ellis
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Raina Wilkins is forced to go on the run with a wanted killer and a homeless teen with a very deadly secret……… and until that point, she had thought she had very little to live for.
Driving from the woods in Maine, Raina hits a man, thinking it is an animal, who darts straight in front of her.
From that moment on that stranger climbs in her car, which forces her to drive on at gunpoint. Terrified with the gun pointed at her face, she did as she was asked.

Shortly after, however, this stranger gets
Michelle Austin
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Hit and Run by Diane Hester was a great 5 star read.
Once I started I was pulled right in.

Raina had a creepy experience while driving home from the movies, she had been thinking about how her life has been the past 10 years when she accidentally hit a man with her car.
The man pulled a gun on her and had her drive him away from the scene. When the man passes out she ends up abandoning her car with him in it. When she finds out the next day the man is dead her life starts to spiral out of control
Angela
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Hit and Run by Diane Hester is definitely my favourite story of hers, so far. It is another complex and well-woven thrilling suspense. This gripping story twists and turns so much- it really kept me guessing, running various scenarios through my mind, and wondering how it would all play out in the end. Every time I thought I had it nailed down, Ms. Hester threw in a twist or two and sent me off kilter again.
Raina Wilkins life has never been the same since tragedy struck ten years earlier
Erin
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I give Hit and Run by Diane Hester, 5 stars.

I was blown away by just how good this book was. This author is new to me and I didn't really know what to expect. It is gripping from the very beginning and does not let go until the end. It honors the masters of suspense with a story that twists and turns, not letting you off the ride or letting you know just where you'll go next. To make it more compelling, the story is so complex. You think it's about one thing, oh but wait, this is going on too. O

• Bargaining (Hero High, #3)
  • Phoenix Team One: Selected (Mythical Alliance: Phoenix Team Book 1)
  • Spouse Trap (Madeline Dawkins, #1)
  • Night Justice
  • Baba Ali and the Clockwork Djinn: A Steampunk Faerie Tale
  • Love is What You Bake of it (Meraki, #1)
  • Enemies of Doves
  • Forgotten Truth
  • Torch
  • Anger (Hero High, #2)
  • High Fae Academy: Year One
  • Lucifer's Emblem (Celestial Academy, #1)
  • How (Stalker Series, 3)
  • Holding Out for You
  • Denial (Hero High, #1)
  • Every Last Psycho: A Collection of Two Novellas
  • Kat's Conundrum (Raven and Hummingbird Book 3)
  • Hawk's Cry (Satan's Devils MC Second Generation #2)
Diane Hester is a former violinist with the Adelaide Symphony and the Rochester Philharmonic, US. Born in New York, she now lives in Port Lincoln, South Australia.

Diane's debut thriller Run To Me was short-listed in the 2014 Daphne du Maurier Awards.