Start by marking “Everybunny Dance!” as Want to Read:
Everybunny Dance!

Everybunny Dance!

Bunnies dance, play, sing, and make a new friend in this delightful picture book from the author of Follow Me!, which School Library Journal called “a winsome selection suitable for storytime.”

Nobody is watching.
Now’s the perfect chance.
Ready bunny,
Steady bunny,
EVERYBUNNY DANCE!

Thus begins a whimsical celebration of movement, which will have children jumping out of their
Published January 17th 2017 by Margaret K. McElderry Books (first published December 1st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Everybunny Dance!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everybunny Dance!

Start your review of Everybunny Dance!
Louise
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet little book about a lonely fox who just wants to join in.
Emily
I bring home unfamiliar picture books from the library regularly for my 14 year-old who still gets them read to him (he has autism), to get him out of the rut of reading his favorites over and over. This one has the distinction of being the first one we've tried in what feels like a year that he's requested again the following night. It has rollicking rhymes and a sweet story, but I don't find it markedly better than many of the others we've tried. Go figure. ...more
KC
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bunnies doing a lot of stuff and then there is a FOX! Uh oh.
Diana
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so adorable. The illustrations are some of the cutest I've seen in ages. And the story is so sweet & fun. LOVE it! ...more
Kristina Jean Lareau
OMIGOODNESS.

I don't use "cute or adorable" as descriptors in my picturebook reviews (go ahead and take a look.) But this book, ideal for storytimes, brings me on the precipice of using one of those words. Engaging, energetic and dynamic illustrations, combined with succinct, short and rhyming text that highlights an acceptance story ONLY through illustration and not using words! The brilliance of this book could be easily overlooked because of its "cuteness" and ability to engage a toddler crowd
Marissa Elera
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rhyming text done right and to excellent effect. And those illustrations! Expressive and warm.
Chance Lee
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-it
Who doesn't love bunnies? Or dancing? Or banging on a drum? Or dancing bunnies banging on a drum. All the bunnies are cute. Some have a pattern. Some are a solid color. Some are wild colors, like red-spotted.

Everybunny Dance has a fun rhythm. It encourages kids to get up, move around, and make some noise!

Then there's a quiet portion with a fox, which is a little scary.

But the fox has some surprises. I enjoyed the twist ending.
Sarah T.
Very cute book but my 4 year old who I read it too kept insisting that "the fox is going to EAT the bunnies!!!" I told him that he was right, in real life foxes do eat bunnies, but sometimes in storybooks, they just dance together. He loved acting out dancing and playing instruments though, so I think he really enjoyed the book. I read it at storytime because we were reading it for Spring, and the topic was Hares and Hair. ...more
Zazu
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
E'erbunny DANCE! I don't know why this cracks me up so much- maybe the little bunny butts wiggling or all the other hilarious little antics the bunnies get up to, but it just feels so adorable and celebratory, I can't help but laugh. I love the puniness of the wording and the hilariously adorable illustrations. This cute book will get everyone having fun in no time! ...more
Monique
Everytime I read this book or look at the title , the song phrase "Everybody Dance Now!" from the song "Gonna make You Sweat" by C&C Music Factory pops into my head and I start singing the words of the book! This book is so much fun and sure to be a hit with the storytime crowds. Parents and children alike will also enjoy this tale of rabbits who love to dance!

Colin Soder
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really cute illustrations, surprisingly good storyline.

Fun and unexpected little story about bunnies dancing and playing and singing. The plot twist is very cute. The illustrations are fantastic. Not a lot of words, but the author makes them count. Perfect for my 4 year old to read out loud to me.
Alicia Evans
I used this in my Music and Movement storytime this week. What a fun read! The whole book is interactive and silly, letting the kids move and play along with the book. My kids loved it and I will use this again!

For: readers looking for a book that promotes movement; readers wanting a cute book with bunnies.

Red flags: characters in peril (not really but it looks that way).
Lu's Reviews
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This is pretty fluffy. I checked it out for Lu as he was practicing and practicing for his first recital and losing track of dancing as fun. I'm not sure it helped, but it was a good transition book between late-dinner-tired-kid-chaos time and accepting-bedtime-is-gonna-happen time.

(June 2019, library book)
Diane
All the bunnies are dancing, playing instruments and singing until the fox shows up. Then they are all running! While they hide, though, they see the fox as he dances and plays the clarinet. “... a graceful bow, a quiet sigh, a lonely fox, a tearful eye.” Everybunny claps and they join the fox running, jumping, dancing and playing.

A good lesson about jumping to conclusions.
The Library Lady
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Bunnies dance and sing, then flee when a fox appears. But Fox doesn't want to eat them, he just wants to dance and sing too. Simple plot, simple words, simple story that has a nice message not underlined twenty times in blackest ink, but still is clearly there to see. ...more
Rebecca Ann
What a wonderful picturebook! This could be shortened a little for use with toddlers, but it is perfection for an active preschool book! If you have an ok group you could do all the actions in the book!
Alyssa Gudenburr
A great story about bunnies and a fox that children can participate with while reading. Movements include dancing, playing instruments, singing, and being quiet. Would make a great read aloud during storytime to include movement.
Molly Dettmann
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
*Sings* Everybunny dance now! Cute story, still don't understand why the bunnies are playing with a fox, but I will take the fantasy land where these animals can frolic in peace. Would make for a fun story time addition. ...more
Loved the dancing theme and rhyming rhythm. My 4year old enjoyed it. There is some nice messaging around being inclusive and welcoming to others about whom you might have misconceptions... that being said, not sure using a known bunny predator sends the right message.
MeganRuth - Alohamora Open a Book
There's easy ways to interact with this fun book, and the words have rhythm that roll off your tongue. It makes you want to dance while reading the book.

I think it'd make a better Books to Boogie aka dancing storytime book, but not necessarily.
Colorado Buck
well, it rhymes, it has movement, motions, singing, dancing, clapping, and bunnies. but it also has a fox, and the fox only wants to dance with them??? really??? a little too unbelievable. might be cute for a bunny or a dancing/movement storytime.
This is a fun book to read aloud. I read it to a group of 2 year olds and their parents and caregivers. Everyone got when the bunnies were watching the fox, and then it had a happy ending, so was satisfying in that way.
Hannah
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Simple text, with action words to invite participation. The readers will enjoy the fun atmosphere of the book and tension at the appearance of the fox. This book would be great to use for prediction and talk about kindness and differences.
Amy Oberts
An interactive story that invites listeners/readers to move about and sing with joy

Publication Date: 2017
Elements: Muted/detailed illustrations, rhyme, engaging typography
Connections/Topics: Dance/movement, singing, friendship, word recognition
Ann
Cute book where kids can help participate in the movements. Might be good for a preschool/family story time. Bunnies and also a friendship theme.
Melissa McAlvey
Mar 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, picture-books
fun story with cute illustrations. good for spring time because of the bunny theme.
Brittany
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
A feel-good kind of book. It will make you want to get up off of your cotton tail and shake a leg.
Sue
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The minders would love be this story. Lots of energy!
Lynn
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great for preschoolers, reading along, and getting up and moving!
Rhyming text is short and inviting.
Jenny Byron
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime-books
A great book for movement and a fox puppet. Bravo!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hooray for Birds!
  • Spunky Little Monkey
  • A Stone Sat Still
  • Those Darn Squirrels!
  • Tyrannosaurus Rex vs. Edna, The Very First Chicken
  • While We Can't Hug
  • Fred's Big Feelings: The Life and Legacy of Mister Rogers
  • The Little Ghost Who Lost Her Boo!
  • Don't Blink!