Start by marking “Saga #37” as Want to Read:
Saga #37

Saga #37

(Saga (Single Issues) #37)

NEW STORY ARC! "THE WAR FOR PHANG," PART ONE. SAGA is back with its most epic storyline yet, and to celebrate, FIONA STAPLES graces this issue with a gorgeous wraparound cover! Finally reunited with her ever-expanding family, Hazel travels to a war-torn comet that Wreath and Landfall have been battling over for ages. This arc is a self-contained "event" we've been building ...more
Published August 31st 2016 by Image

To ask other readers questions about Saga #37, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saga #37

Amanda
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Having impure thoughts about Prince Robot IV again. Thanks Fiona Staples.
Tudor Vlad
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
So this marks the beginning of a new story arc and this means new locations, new characters and maybe some returning characters. This issue has it all, but what it also has is an ominous feel that everything is going to end so horribly bad, and I'm scared, like really scared. I think I recall Brian K. Vaughan naming this "Saga's first major event" or something like that, and it sure feels like the start of something that's gonna effect the series in a big way.
Tara
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Welcome back LC, I have missed you.
Dregus Ilies
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Every new world we visited was an adventure. And few adventures ended worse than this one."
This was amazing, and really got the Saga spirit inspired by the stuff of stars that wasn't all that present in the last arc. This my end up being more amazing than all the previous of Saga... and that scares me.
Hannah
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kurti and his family omg I am dying from this overload of cuteness!
Maria (Big City Bookworm)
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ahh! This was so good. When is this not good?

I've started to get into single issues rather than waiting for the volume bind-ups recently.

This issue is the beginning of a new story ARC and it was a damn good introduction!

That little family...so cute but, are they friendly?!

On to the next issue!
Amina
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lying Cat is back! Yayeeeeeee!!!!
Derek
These issues are too damn short. Just when you're getting into the story it ends. That's how good this was. . .
Sierra the Nerdgirl
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 This one was just ehh.
Dimitris
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
New arc, new chapter.

The spaceship is running out of fuel and they need to stop somewhere.

The only place they can land is a comet where Moonies are currently at war with the Wings, so that's not the ideal planet to go with a kid. Especially theirs.

Prince Robot bitching about things and calling the couple sex criminals was the best in this one. Izabel was funny as hell too.

Alice
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, need-to-buy
This chapter is a filler, however I love Fiona's cute tiny creatures, the ones at the end of this issue are similar to sad little meerkats but with the same loving expression of my fave aka Ghüs.
Ginger Woods
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awe his family is so cute :)
Michelle (Witchy Books)
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads
Stars: 5

I enjoyed it.
Brandon St Mark
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's so weird reading this as a floppy, but man was it good. I really like Peteichor, and the little guys at the end were hella cute. Also, there was a dick on page four. How could I not give this five stars for that alone? ALSO Lying Cat is back and she is my most favorite character. One of the better issues, I think.
Arctialuna
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it

The beginning of a new arc which promises a really bad end. I imagine this means that someone will die but I think I will never be ready for it.

I pray for the second Deluxe Saga Volume to be shortly announced.
Jess
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As always, goddamn amazing but the wait for the next issue will be the death of me, I'm so attached.
Frances Vega
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow... It gets better and better.
mith
YAY OLD CHARACTERS ARE BACK
Andreja
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Families are goddamn wildfires.

This comic is big on families and I really like that. Ooooo someone has a crush. This comic is definitely NSFW and I love it. The little creatures are cute/creepy.
Loyal
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
It looks like the gang in the tree is going to have to make a detour-but what will they find there?
Sleeping with Ghosts
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think that I will miss so much these characters the day I'll finish to read it.
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
I'm almost caught up and that makes me sad! More please...
Luis Kalaf
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Not a bad volume - nothing big / important happened here, except for potentially preparing the grounds for something big.
Pragyan Pradhan
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Families are goddamn wildfires.
Marcele
So many awesome things on my most beloved comic. Brian K. Vaughan breaks my heart again, while telling an amazing story, and Fiona Staples is just the QUEEN of illustrations.
Gary
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fiona Staples is a LEGEND.
Tricia
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this issue. Is it weird to say I love Prince Robot? I love Prince Robot.
evelyn
Feb 15, 2017 added it
Shelves: readin2017
Actually bought this the day after the election. Guy at the comic book store was like, "escapism, good idea!" And I was like, "uh, I should probably pick a different comic if I want to be escapist about it, no?" I was right.
K Amy
Feb 08, 2017 added it
Shelves: 2017, graphic-novel
SUPER excited to start this arc!
Goran K
New arc, new chapter, same characters (Lying Cat is back!), but nothing special happened. It's not like first few issues that instantly caught my attention. Fiona Staples again did great job, illustrations are wonderful, but story is just a pretty dull beginning of the new arc.
During hiatus I've re-read all issues up to this and I might be under impression that quality of it has deteriorated a bit, so maybe a bit harsh rating, but it's not the issue I'll remember for a long and "liked it" rating
Born in Cleveland in 1976, Brian K. Vaughan is the Eisner, Harvey, and Shuster Award-winning writer and co-creator of the critically acclaimed comics series Y: The Last Man, Runaways, and Ex Machina (picked as one of the ten best works of fiction of 2005 by Entertainment Weekly).

Recently named "Writer of the Year" by Wizard Magazine, and one of the “top ten comic writers of all time” by Comic Boo

Saga (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • Saga #1