Start by marking “New York Nights (Heart of the City #2)” as Want to Read:
New York Nights (Heart of the City #2)

New York Nights

(Heart of the City #2)

Sarah Williams is a spirited, independent Aussie who has always dreamed of New York City. So when a job opportunity arises to become an au pair for a successful businessman in the heart of Manhattan, Sarah jumps at the chance to follow her dream.

What she didn't bet on was a beautiful newborn and a distant, abrasive man whose eyes hold a million anguished secrets. Determine
Kindle Edition
Published February 1st 2017 by Hachette Australia

To ask other readers questions about New York Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New York Nights

Lisa Aiello
I generously received a NetGalley ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.

This was a 3.5 star read for me - I didn't love it, and I didn't hate it. The premise of the story was a good one - our heroine is hired as an au pair for a wealthy single father of a little baby girl. Their family is quite dysfunctional and has many secrets. She doesn't feel, and is frequently told, that it is not her place to ask questions, so she makes some assumptions as to why this father is distant and abse
Terri (Le Book Chronicles)
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not as good as Paris Lights but it was still just as addicting. My issue is that with the romance, t just doesn't make sense that they're in love. They barely spend any time with each other throughout the whole book so the fact that they both fall in love seems very ridiculous. Also I think it would have helped to have Ben's POV as it would be good to see what he's thinking about everything.
Hannah
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
It’s not that hard to fall in love with a C.J. Duggan book. They’re always so perfect for any situation – perfect for a long, warm summer’s night with a glass of wine. Perfect for snuggling on a cold winter’s night – with a glass of wine. Perfect for, well, any occasion really. With a C.J. Duggan book, you know what you are getting – romance, adventure and that good fuzzy feeling at the end of it all.

As for New York Nights? Well, it’s definitely one of my favourites, that’s for sure. Okay, okay,
Julie
Shelves: arc
Does anyone dream of becoming an au pair? For Sarah Williams - it was a way to explore a new town and all of the joys that come with city life. Those dreams fizzled a bit when she took a job with a family in her homeland of Australia. The dream of living in New York a memory until fate stepped in.

After a glowing recommendation from her former employer, Sarah was swiftly sought after as an au pair in New York. Without a clear understanding of how many children she would take care of or just whom
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

This is the second book in the Heart of The City series but completely standalone.

New York Nights is a light, sweet romance with a lot of heart.

I love that Sarah has taken the leap to leave Australia to live and work in New York. I adore her gumption in going for it, talking life by the short and curlies and actually living.

Ben - oh Ben. He is quite a prickly one, but then when you meet the rest of his family, it is not hard to understand why he is like he is. An
Shrimalya
Shelves: contemporary, romance

I love this new series from C.J.Duggan!She's a really great Aussie writer and I first fell in love with her writing in the Summer series.The Heart of the City series consists of standalone novels, each set in a different city, with different protagonists.
New York Nights focuses on Sarah an au-pair, who has just come into NYC for an interview.The family of Worthingtons who hire her are a weird and secretive bunch, quite snobbish at times.
And when she finds out she is to be the au-pair for Grace,
Jennifer Larmar
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lisa
I've been eyeing this series for a while now; CJ Duggan's Onslow Boys series is one of my faves. When I saw that this book has a single dad hero, of course I bought it despite it being the second book in the series. It works as a standalone because none of the characters are recurring.

Anyways I love Sarah a lot. She's a breath of fresh air. I love that she's sort of innocent and at the same time not naive. I love seeing her caring for Ben's daughter. Ben took me a while to warm up to because he
Lesley
First I loved Paris and now New York...
Moon Love
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review to come soon!
Tianna Jan
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. Hands down my latest, favourite New Adult read written by Australian Author CJ Duggan.

Without spoilers: the book centres on Sarah Williams, a young independent aussie who goes to New York to be an au pair for successful businessman Ben Worthington’s baby daughter.

Sarah is very relatable, she’s fun, quick witted and challenging but she still has her heart in the right place with a good sense of morals and responsibilities.

Ben is a misunderstood character who I can’t say too
Kerran Olson
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
3.5* These books are such a guilty pleasure, and after reading the second one I can say I'm a bit obsessed- I am so keen to read all of them and read about unrealistic romances with rich men in various countries, and live vicariously through these women! Like the first book, nothing really surprised me, but I think you go into these kinds of books knowing what you're getting in to- I wanted a fun, sexy romance and that's what I got. I think I liked Sarah a bit more than I liked the protagonist i ...more
Helen
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am really enjoying this series although they definitely can be read as stand alones, in this story we meet Aussie girl Sarah Williams whose dream has always been to go to New York but she ends working as an au pair in her small country town but things look up when she makes it to Manhattan New York to take on a position of au pair there and boy is her life about to change.

Ben Worthington might be rich, handsome and have a beautiful daughter as well as a couple of homes but he also has secrets
Naomi
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

What another fun and entertaining read that New York Nights turned out to be! I'm loving these Aussie girls, who are pushing themselves out of their comfort zones to chase their dreams overseas. The second book in the Heart of the City series featured Sarah, as she set off to America to become an au pair.

Sarah was a character I liked right from the start! Although she was in a foreign country and well out of her comfort zone, she was confident and spoke he
Heather andrews
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing

***************MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS***************

I seriously loved that Sarah contained some lady balls, 'I met Ben’s gaze dead on. ‘You’re right. It’s not about me, or you … it’s about Grace. And if you want to build a new world for her, then you are probably going to have to make sure that you’re in it.’ I have to say Ben confused me at times, well maybe confused isn't the right word, the d*** man gave me whiplash, but I loved the moments where he showed his caring side, ‘oh, ****, sorry,’ he
Cookie1
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was light, refreshing and of course predictable. It still made for a fun read. Ben sounded awesome and Sarah being from Australia made it that more interesting. The Worthington clan were certainly different, although Penny showed a more human side later in the book. I loved Nicholas Worthington and Alistair is quite the cad!
Sam Still Reading
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of fun and sexy reads in exotic locations
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: enjoyed Paris Lights
I’m really glad that I’ve discovered C.J. Duggan’s novels – her writing is sassy and witty with strong female characters who are willing to take on anything, no holds barred. New York Nights is the second book in the Heart of the City series, but both are standalone stories. What they have in common is the themes of love in a big city and young women nailing standing on their own two feet. These books are delightful summer reads, perfect for the beach or in my case, under the air conditioner in ...more
Kate
Misunderstandings, family secrets, steamy rendezvous and a young Aussie au pair to tie it all together - New York Nights is the perfect Manhattan love story. Sarah Williams accepts the job as an au pair to infant Grace not realising it isn't just baby Grace who needs Sarah's help. Grace's father Ben is standoffish, cold and distant yet Sarah can't help but be drawn to him. Wanting to do the best by Grace, Sarah finds herself becoming entangled with Ben's family and realises she risks losing her ...more
Read3r’z Re-Vu
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“New York Nights” by C.J Duggan has been rated 5 stars!!
This book is amazing!!! Hands down my latest, favourite New Adult read written by Australian Author CJ Duggan. Without spoilers: the book centres on Sarah Williams, a young independent Aussie who goes to New York to be an au pair for successful businessman Ben Worthington’s baby daughter. Sarah is very relatable, she’s fun, quick witted and challenging but she still has her heart in the right place with a good sense of morals and responsibi
Hilda
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book via NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

Ok, this book had twists that I didn't see coming. Turns that were unexpected and a brooding alpha that was entrancing Ben's life looks perfect from the outside but the inside is a tornado of emotions.

Sarah is a young vibrant woman that has been an au pair for years. Trading dreams for children's happiness. Yet years of being an au pair in Australia, had put her dream of going to NYC on hold. Given the opportunity to be an au p
Charlie
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-stars
Like:
- Excellent sex scenes, as always.
- Cool backstory for the love interest that I didn't really figure out by myself. I guessed the overall thing, but the details were what made it interesting.

Dislike:
- I don't see how the first and second book are connected. These two books could have been complete standalones. No earlier characters pop up, it takes place in a different city... There is no connection, so I don't get why this is a series.
- I got very annoyed with the daughter of the love inte
Katie
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the Second story in Aussie author, CJ Duggan's #heartofthecity series. However, this can be read as a standalone.

I love CJ Duggan. She write a fresh, easy flowing story about Sarah Williams, an Australian Au Pair who has moved over to the city of her dreams, NEW YORK!! And lets face it, who doesn't love a story set in NYC!!!
Sarah is hired to give round the clock care to a beautiful 14 weeks old baby Grace Worthington. Now Gracie comes from good stock- the Worthington family are very we
Kelly
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Paris Lights and New York Nights both done, I have London Bound ready and waiting to be read! New York Nights features Sarah, an Aussie au pair who has always dreamed of working in New York. Sarah manages to land herself a job working for Ben Worthington, and his gorgeous baby Grace.

Sarah loves baby Grace, but has her work cut out for her trying to figure out what is going on with Ben and his rather cold, very distant family (most of them, anyway). Why does Ben seem so unsure of himself around G
Stacey Houllis
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This about Australian Sarah Williams who works as nanny to family in Australia but when they return back to their home country of Sylvania. Sara looks for new employment all the way in New York to work for Ben Worthington as au pair to his fourth month's old daughter Grace. Ben seems cold hearted man towards people and his daughter.
Sarah learn the Worthington family is good at keeping secrets as she cares for Grace falls for little girl but for her father as well.
But as the story progresses well
Sonia Bellhouse
Oct 03, 2018 rated it liked it
three and a half stars from me.

Aussie Sarah Williams dreams of New York and when an opportunity to work as an au pair there beckons she accepts. She is almost awed by the Worthington family who scrutinizes her prior to her meeting with Ben Worthington whose daughter Grace she is to care for. Unfortunately, I didn’t think that the book had the same pizzazz as Paris Lights. Perhaps Sarah was alone too much or stuck in the apartment as she spent long periods alone. I didn’t get much of a sense of B
Tamara Witika
It was good but I didnt feel Ben as much as I should have. He was absent for large chunks of the story, when it was just Sarah & baby Grace. I definitely disliked Penny Worthington and Nikki was something to look forward to in various scenes. I know CJ Duggan can write great lead male characters as I liked her chef Louis in Paris Lights.
Also the author made a mistake mentioning a ʻRangers touchdown'. Rangers is the New York NHL team, they play ice hockey, they score goals not touchdowns.
poppy
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book i have read in this series or by this author and it wont be the last.I just loved it had a great story line and held my interest all the way through just loved that Sarah was not a walk over and would stand up and do the right thing for little Grace.I did not like Ben to begin with but he did grow on me a super read can't wait to read more
Rebecca
What can I say sexy sweet hot loving heartbreaking. Sarah has come from Australia to get a job as a Nanny when she finds whose child it is it's a releif but then what are the Worthington family secrets who betrayed who where is Ben's wife and what's the reason that Alistair and Ben don't get on. And yes there's a connection between Sarah and Ben. You need to read this to see what happens
Tamara
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Chock full of highly guarded secrets (and lies) from one of the wealthiest families in New York, not only did Sarah Williams not know what she had gotten herself into, I also didn’t know what to expect once I started reading New York Nights.

Duggan has such an engaging and beautiful writing style that had me needing to know more, she writes real, and flawed characters, the kind of people you can see yourself being friends or falling in love with, and Sarah and Ben were no exception.

Despi
Joeline ReadsWhileSippingCoffee
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, 4-star
The second book in the "Heart of the City" series, and it's another cute easy read. More substance than a Mills n Boons book and no where near as racy as a Fifty Shades book this is a great light read on a Sunday Arvo with a wine in the sun.
C.J Duggan is an Internationally Number One Best Selling Author who lives with her husband in a rural border town of New South Wales, Australia. When she isn't writing books about swoony boys and 90's pop culture you will find her renovating her hundred-year-old Victorian homestead or annoying her local travel agent for a quote to escape the chaos. The Boys of Summer is Book One in her highly succ ...more

Heart of the City (5 books)
  • Paris Lights (Heart of the City #1)
  • London Bound (Heart of the City #3)
  • When in Rome (Heart of the city # 4)
  • Hollywood Heartbreak (A Heart of the City # 5)