Start by marking “Badgering the Bear (Mate in a Minute Speed Dating Agency #1)” as Want to Read:
Badgering the Bear (Mate in a Minute Speed Dating Agency #1)

Badgering the Bear

(Mate in a Minute Speed Dating Agency #1)

Meet her mate in minutes? Ha! Oh, wait...look at that hottie over there...

Curvy badger shifter Jolie is nagged by her best friend to check out shifter speed dating (okay, she might have lost a bet). It's pretty boring, though, until she sees...him. Gabe is big. He's burly. And just the touch of his hand on hers sets Jolie's body aflame with need.

Insecurity sends Jolie
Published July 8th 2016

Start your review of Badgering the Bear (Mate in a Minute Speed Dating Agency #1)
Ana
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!!! Can you imagine true mates meeting for the first time and only have 5 minutes togetther? This new series is going to be a hoot!

Badger shifter Jolie is trying so hard to keep her herself under the covers. She doesn't think any man will want a tall, dirty nails, curvy girl like her. Her Ex really did a number on her self confidence.. After losing a bet to her BFF, she goes to Mate in a Minute Speed Mating event and circles no on all the males that sit at her table, until her choices
Tammy Rossitto
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I want more!

I want more Mate in a Minute stories! This was a great story! I have read some of Ms. Dave's other stories. She is a great writer, and I think you will enjoy this story.
Speed
May 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Sweet!

Short read about Jolie, a badger and Gabe, a bear meeting at a minute speed dating event. Jolie is in landscaping and afraid that most men won't like her the way she is and Gabe is a rich tech, afraid that women will want him only for his money. They meet, it's kismet, they mate and fall happily in love.
2OCC Reviews
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
This was a cute fast pace paranormal romance with Gabe and Jolie dining their mate. Light drama and sneaky secondary characters. I really enjoyed the attraction with the characters and the witty banter. I would like be seeing Zane and Des get their own mates. 4 Stars #2OCCJD
Kristi
Badgering the Bear: A Paranormal Shifter Romance
Mate in a Minute Speed Mating Agency Book 1
by Flora Dare
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Flora Dare is such an amazing romance author and I've loved reading this book and its a great start of a series. I knew that this would be a fun read. There's nothing better than two characters who have such intense chemistry and one who thinks that they utterly dislike the other. Well of course their chemistry is off the chart and they will eventually give way to their attraction
Crystal
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great new series!

Sexy and fun shifter romance, I enjoyed every minute of it! Badger shifter Jolie is happier playing in the dirt than dressing up in nice dresses, but after loosing a bet with her best friend she has to go to a shifter speed dating night. The night seems like a dud until she meets dangerously sexy bear shifter Gabe. But one small lie may ruin their chances of happiness, can Jolie forgive Gabe and give him another chance, or will she refuse? I was given a copy of this book in exch
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shifters in Love Anthology

Jolie loses a bet and has to go to a speed dating event to check out potential mates. Seems like this is a waste until she meets Gabe. They see each other again and things are going swell until Jolie finds out that Gabe has been dishonest about some things. They both want each other but have to get over their own past hurts to make things work.

This was very cute, I thought Gabe and Jolie were great characters who had reasonable and believable reactions to things despite
Emily Lindsey
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fun to read and easy to fall into

I loved the role reversal in this story, with a chick who works with her hands and doesn't mind getting dirty. I appreciated that they didn't jump into sex at first sight but had to work for it. I think that Des will have a great story to tell and can't wait for Zane's story too. I would have loved the story more if it was longer but it is definitely a fun, fast read.
Rebecca Stigers
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
First of all Flora Dare is an awesome author. With that said I can tell you that Gabe the bear and Jolie the badger deserved each other, both have been hurt and both are lonely. Jolie wants a mate and a family and so does Gabe, but neither one wanted to get out there and meet someone. Along comes a bet for Joile and a push for Gabe...Will they mate, are they meant for each other? Your gonna have to read it to find out! Good reading, definitely recommend it!
Marvel Hays
Jul 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Well they aren't rodents

It's short, sweet and to the point.
She is sweet but hurt and it causes issues when it comes to love. He was used and abused singe tends to be a bit shy.
They both are being forced in to speed dating d found that it was instant. But then he mucks it all up and loses the girl.
In the end family and friends are working over time to make sure these two don't miss each other.
And all kinds of hotness begins.
Worth a read.
Helen Martins
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Received the book for an honest review. Great start to an new series by flora Dare. Badger shifter Jolie loses a bet with her best friend and now she has to attend a shifter speed dating night. Doesn't look like tonight will be her night, until sexy bear shifter, Gabe, sits across from her. Are Jolie and Gabe mates? You'll have to read the book to find out. Great short story with likeable and lovable characters. Sweet, romantic, sexy and fun. Can't wait for the next book.
Tina
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This a very quick shifter read but it's cute. Jolie lost a bet so is now getting ready for a speed dating night, it's pretty standard until Gabe walks in and they realise they're mates. What will happen next?
This is a sweet, cute, quick read and I enjoyed it. Nice plot and story, although short. Nice characters, some angst but overall romantic with a little hotness thrown in. Would recommend to shifter lovers.
Jamoz23
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good short read, but this means it is light on build-up and not enough background on either character.
I like to get to know who I am reading about. If Jolie is his fated mate why was he married previously?
I know he said he was led by his man bits but that does not mean marriage to shifters.
Loved Jolie and her BFF Zane. Also liked Des, Gabe’s sister, great bunch of women.
Gabe was also a likeable hero.
Hope both Des and Zane are going to get their own stories as was hinted at.
Lory
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book it's was a fast and quick read. I like the whole concept of speed dating to find a mate it was unique and different. I also found the story to be real sweet and funny looking forward to see what going to happen next in the series. I received this book in exchange for my honest review.
Barbara
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a free copy of this story in exchange for an honest review. Ms Dare has found a new to me shifter. Jolie's friend has helped her get ready for a speed dating event. Jolie feels like she is a fake because she spends more time in the dirt than dressed fancy like tonight. Will she find someone who might make her and her badger happy?
Samm Lynn
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I borrowed this with Kindle Unlimited. It is a very short but enjoyable read. The speed dating aspect was pretty cool. I can't really say it was much of a shifter book as the only shifting done in the book is a partial shift by Gabe. I the story flows pretty quickly and didn't have any slowdowns. Give it a shot!
SMJC
Jul 10, 2016 rated it liked it
So this is supposed to be a shifter book - there was absolutely no shifting at all, whatsoever. I just think the story had potential but still left a lot to be desired. If you want a quick easy read, yeah, this is just ok I suppose.
April Pawless
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a cute short read, About a lonely shy badger and an equally lonely sexy hot bear. This was a fun little read. Great for an afternoon at the beach or by your pool. I can't wait to read the next book in this series.
Lyngay
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Short sweet and down to earth.

We do things because we lose bets, or are lonely or unsure because of past relationships. A few hints and tricks to get out of a rut. You have to do something to get happiness. No staying home.
Paula B
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Worth reading

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a quick witty intense read. It's short but packed full of fun and a feisty heroine for a strong alpha male. I absolutely loved this book from the first page to the last word.
Ishieta Chopra
Dec 28, 2016 rated it liked it
A quick fun read. Speed Dating isn't a concept in India - so, it was fun to read about.. what HE (Gabe) does with her form is just cute & romancy ;) I enjoyed the friendship & banter between the girls.

Fall in Love - Shifters in Love: Romance Collection
Nothing Like A Good Book!!!! wood
Quick read, loved it....
Cc
Jul 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, 2016
Jolie and Gabe

Cute story of a badger and a bear shifter that meet at a Speed Dating event.
Chitra *CJ*
Jul 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: safety-first
Pretty sweet book of how a bear and a badger meet at a dating agency and deal with being mates.
It was mostly an average read for me.
Safe read.
3/5
Michelle Sanders
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great read

First I've read from this author but đefinitely won't be the last. Romantic, sexy, and fun. I would suggest as a short read. I'm looking forward to more
pretty pinky
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nice

Really good book
Nice read
Should get it, I felt a connection with the Joelie, love her by the way.
Bookerina Lovington
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great quick read! If you're looking for a short shifter book, check this one out. Although, it seemed less interested in the shifter part than just the romance story part...
Lauri Heanue
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Book

This was a great book from a new to me author. The pace and buildup were perfect and the characters were believable.
Teressa
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very cute, well written short story.

• Grizzly Mate (MateMatch Outcasts, #1)
  • Here Kitty, Kitty! (Magnus Pack, #3)
  • Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)
  • Howl For It (includes Pride, #0.5)
  • My Kind of Town
  • Mating Instinct (Ridgeville, #1-10)
  • Beasts Of Both Worlds (Paranormal Dating Agency, #22)
  • Shadow Flight (Shadow Riders, #5)
  • A Mate's Escape
  • Mate Set (Mating Heat, #1)
  • Warrior's Mate (Warriors of Vor #1)
  • Shards of Frost (The Mercury Pack, #5)
  • The Bear's Desired Mate (Spicy Shifters, #1)
  • Single Dad Matchmate
  • Real Men Snarl (Real Men Shift, #2)
  • Into The Light: A Contemporary Vampire Romance
  • A Touch of Magic: True Mates Generations Book 8
  • Falling for Sky (Cyborg Seduction #11)
Flora Dare lives in Durham, NC in a cute little pink house, with her husband, Scott and their hellion of a puppy, HaliToeses. She writes love, lust and mayhem in almost every flavor, and like The Pirate Movie, she wants a happy ending, every time!

Mate in a Minute Speed Dating Agency (2 books)
  • Fall in Love (Shifters in Love Collection, #3)

News & Interviews