Start by marking “Thrax (Angelbound Origins #4)” as Want to Read:
Thrax (Angelbound Origins #4)

Thrax

(Angelbound Origins #4)

Myla Lewis has married Prince Lincoln, and now they're expecting! All the after-realms rejoice. Myla should be happy too, but she has a serious problem. The day after their honeymoon ended, Myla's real husband disappeared. The man who's sharing her bed is an imposter...

Angelbound Origins
5. The Dark Lands
6. The Brutal Time
7. Armaged
Published September 26th 2017 by Monster House Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Thrax, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thrax

Start your review of Thrax (Angelbound Origins #4)
Dianne
…And they lived happily ever after….huh? Isn’t that the line used at the end of a royal romantic tale when the crown prince marries his one true love? Clearly, that wasn’t the story of Lincoln and Myla’s wedding and it doesn’t look like Christina Bauer is about to give these two a break just yet!

This time evil is coming at them and manages to take Lincoln from Myla’s loving, snarky, sarcastic demon arms and replace him with a flimsy imposter, or two…and really, who was stupid enough to mess wit
Aneta Bak
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Thrax was everything I hoped it would be, and more!

Myla Lewis has always been a kick-butt, and if you think a pregnancy will stop her from getting what she wants, then you are dead wrong. Myla is on a mission against time to save her husband Lincoln, especially after no one believes her that the thing parading around as Lincoln isn't really him. It's up to Myla to travel to the human realm and do whatever it takes to get her man back.

I've always loved Myla, she has been one of my favourite chara
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4 Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone

Myla's pregnancy is far from normal. So when an impostor poses as Lincoln, no one believes her. Something sinister is going on, and she needs to go to the Earth's surface to save her husband.

The action was amazing, but my favorite part of this story was Myla's igni. I also originally thought that Myla wouldn't be able to do much due to her pregnancy, but she kicks serious butt in Thrax! I had so much fun reading this book. I can't wait to see wh
Cheryl Whitty
Angelbound starts as Myla and Lincoln are on their last night of their Honeymoon when Lincoln is whisked away by black magic by an evil Thrax called Ethan.
I was looking forward to this book, and it didn’t disappoint. Action packed from start to finish. Most of the action taking place on earth, at La Guardia Airport. My god he was so evil with all the black magic.
Myla was minus Lincoln for most of the book, we also saw a more mature Myla, thinking before killing. It was nice to see Cissy and Zeke
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on Behalf of Book Addict.live,
Jen
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
*ARC received from Netgalley for review*

Christina Bauer is such a great author and I've enjoyed each book in her Angelbound series, whole-heartedly. But Thrax has a bit something more than I'm used to from her. Laughs and witty liners are always a given but I actually got a bit emotional at the end. Her writing and her ability to weave you right into the setting is so on point, I felt like I was right there with Mila & Lincoln, basking in their joy....*sigh*

All in all, this was a great book and
Judith
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the publisher and netgalley for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
Although the way Myla speaks in these books is juvenile with lots of attitude I can totally understand it would probably appeal to the YA audience. The plot of Thrax is swift moving and packed with exciting twists and turns to keep the reader keen to read more and as usual Christina Bauer has come up with an evil nemesis for Myla, Lincoln and their friends who her readers also love to hate.
A
Jaime
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much!!

This book had many twists and turns that made your head spin and heart hammering.

Can wait to read the next book!!
Minx
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thrax is the fourth book in the Angelbound Origins series and I will say that it can be read as a stand-alone. The Author did an amazing job carrying through all the details that I needed to know in order to enjoy this book. I liked the world that was created for this series and was thrilled that it was explained as well as it was in this story. Made understanding the world a snap. There is a hell, a purgatory, a deep underground place called Antrum where the thrax live, and other really cool pl ...more
Anne (The Reading Life)
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy for an honest review.

I am no stranger to Christina Bauer's books and her writing style, especially to the Angelbound world, and more specifically, the protagonist Myla's absolute savage and sassy tone. So of course, I signed up for the tour within 5 seconds. No way I'm missing this.

Her series is also are unique because she doesn't write it in order. For example, I've already read to the part where Myla had her second child, and here this newest book is talking about when
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Christina Bauer had unleashed the power once again. This time we have a fantastic adventure with Myla and Prince Lincoln are expecting their first child. This has all the underworld rejoicing. There just seems to be a problem for Myla. The man that’s her husband is not, shall I say, her husband. Myla adventure this time around takes her to Earth and what trouble could she get in there, yeah right.

Myla gets in to some hairy issues with her friends Cissy and at time with Evil Lincoln. Evil had pi
-RadioactiveBookworm-
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
The fourth installment in the Angelbound Origins series, Thrax is a mysterious and supernatural story following Myla of course, as she progresses through her life with her one true love, Lincoln. Oh, and she's pregnant now. You'd think that because of that simple fact, she wouldn't want to be wanting to fight and tell people off, but of course you'd be wrong. She's the same old Myla, who we know very well at this point and love. And that's why I really enjoyed this book.

Check out my full review
Neil
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

Having read the first book in the series I then missed the next books but was still pulled into this fantasy world.
The characters kept me thoroughly engrossed in the story.
Wonderful.
Kayla
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I think this book definitely picked up and lot more is happening but I still can't say that I loved this book. ...more
Fiona Leung
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thrax is the 4th book in the Angelbound Origins and I've always enjoyed every single book from this series; Thrax is no exception!

Myla is now married to Lincoln and were enjoying their honeymoon when poof her husband disappeared and was replaced by an imposter! She calls him Evil Lincoln but nobody believes her, since they all thought it's her crazy pregnancy hormones. She had an idea of where her real husband was taken to and with her best friend Cissy's help (and her boyfriend) together they t
Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews)

I was lucky enough to get my hands on an ARC since my pre-order won't be here til tomorrow!

Rating: 5 Lighting Bolts

We left off with our dynamic duo getting hitched! Well a bit more than that really since Myla's little igni have decided to make sure she has a scala heir sooner rather than later. Newly married, newly pregnant, and new to the whole ruler thing Myla is taking on a whole new set of responsibilities which isn't easy given she's been having som
Poulami
Originally posted on Daydreaming Books.

*I received an eARC of this book for the blog tour hosted by Xpresso Book Tours via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Like the previous books in this series, Thrax was a compelling and a fun read. I was hooked from the very start and this book did not fail to surprise me. I enjoyed the ride pretty much throughout the book!

After going through so much together, Myla and Lincoln are finally married and they are expecting. But something goes horribly
Calye Cochran
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a partial review, but you can check out the whole thing on my blog!

This series has been thoroughly enjoyable for me, and I think Thrax was one of my favorites! First things first, friends! I would like to thank Netgalley and Monster House Books, LLC for a free copy of Thrax in exchange for an honest book review!

There’s so much good and fun about this book! I love that though the book starts out in the epitome of Myla's happiness, it doesn’t last very long at all. The carrot of everything
Jeraca
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Myla and Lincoln's honeymoon is almost over, and Myla doesn't want to go back to the real world. She wants to stay in their rooms all day long, but unfortunately life has a way of interrupting Myla's great plans. When Lincoln gets a gift from an old friend, only to have him disappear through a black smoke and Myla wakes up from a "dream", does Myla really know that the honeymoon is over and now she has to go find her husband.

Problem is that there is an imposter, Evil Lincoln, as Myla calls him,
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Myla and Lincoln are married and pregnant and on the last night of their honeymoon. They will now return to their new lives as king and queen of Thrax. Myla wakes up on the last day of her honeymoon without the man she married. Her Lincoln has been kidnapped but no one believes her as the man pretending to be her husband is an evil clone of Lincoln who Myla has taken to calling Evil Lincoln. Myla knows that this man is not the man she married and loves by the way he acts and talks. Myla will get ...more
Victoria
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wait... wut? Myla's not rushing into battle? Whaaaaaat?
That was my initial reaction hahaha, but of course, Myla has other responsibilities now and don't forget, she's pregnant! So yeah, she's thinking about her unborn son and tries to figure out ways that do not include kicking ass. Still... sad sad day... ;-)
It does show a more mature side of her though, she's thinking things through and acting responsibly, like a good Queen.

This instalment takes place in Antrum and on Earth. It's super fun to
Josie-Leigh C
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Young Adult Readers
Recommended to Josie-Leigh by: NetGalley
Enter Round Four of the Angelbound Origins series. Just as you think things might be looking towards a good, healthy relationship for Myla and Lincoln, Christina Bauer snatches it from underneath them and begins working her web of betrayal, distrust and ultimate disloyalty for our Great Scala, Myla Lewis. This book gives us an interesting insight into the deep connection that Lincoln and Myla ultimately have for one another when Myla can instantly tell this isn't her "guy" (as she likes to call ...more
Teresa
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Christina Bauer. I love her books and audio books. Christina narrates her own audiobooks and I just love listening to her voice. She does an excellent job with all of the characters in the book.

Thrax is book 4 in her Angelbound Origins series. I have really enjoyed this series. I have listened to all 4 books in the series and cannot wait for book 5. I have really enjoyed following Myla from punk teenager to becoming the great Scalla, being Queen, and now a Wife and Mommy. I ca
Brandy Mulder
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this on audio. I got a kick out of the sarcastic wit and spunky attitude of Myla.She's funny and is definitely not waiting to be rescued.
I have not read the rest of the series, so I loved the inventive way the author gives you some background in the beginning. I hated you more when....
It's perfect. It kind of filled me in without giving a lot away and I didn't feel like I was lost anywhere in the story.There is plenty of cursing, most especially the F bomb, so if you don't like cur
Linda Hamonou
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Barb Shuler
4.5 *s

Myla and Lincoln are back again! This story is fun, fast paced and a little bit of crazy. Haha, okay, so there was a lot of crazy. Talk about a wild ride.

A letter from a Thrax on earth starts an avalanche of events that send Myla in a mission to save her husband.

But it’s not hat easy, of course. There is a noticeable problem the moment Myla wakes and Lincoln is in bed with her. She saw him get taken. There is no way this is her husband. Things spice up and it’s up to Myla to find a way t
Antonella's book world
This is the fourth book of the series and it took me more than a month to go on with this series. We can say I took a break between the third and the fourth, mostly because other books stole my attention. Anyway, this break really made me realise how immature is the main character Myla Lewis. At the beginning I liked the way she thought and the way everything is described, almost like anything was serious for her and almost like she's not almost a 20 year old but she's more 15 years younger. It ...more
Esther Haddie's Haven
I LOVE THIS SERIES

It is such a privilege to listen to this far in the series. I feel the story getting better as it goes on. I know I have Thrax in ebook form, but listening in audio is always a completely different experience for me. Thrax follows Acca, where Myla and Lincoln are spending their honeymoon. But it's over and time to get back to work. The story is grasping and there were many times while listening in which I freaked out and was like "No way!"
I think Christina Bauer does an amazin
Felicitia
I recieved an arc of this book in exchange of an honest review.
I might be biased because of my addiction towards all things Angelbound, but this book is AWESOME. I have definitely missed Myla and Lincoln since the last published title in the series Acca (which is actually the third instalment) and I am so thrilled to find out that not only Christina Bauer is publishing Thrax in between Acca and Armageddon, we get to see them again in The Dark Lands!

It's not a secret that I am a fan of this auth
YA & NA Bookshelf
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have not read anything by Christina Bauer before so had to read the first three books in the Angelbound series first. I loved them all.

I thought the concept of swapping Lincoln out was great, and all the twists and suspense kept me on the edge of my seat. It’s fast paced and I couldn’t put it down, earning my self a couple of really late nights.

I received this ARC in exchange for my honest review.

It was such a good read that I give it 5 stars and look forward to reading other books by Christi

• Alpha Erased (Alpha Girls, #9)
  • Bruja (Alpha Girl, #4)
  • Alpha Divided (Alpha Girl, #3)
  • Being Alpha (Alpha Girl, #7)
  • Alpha Unleashed (Alpha Girl, #5)
  • Lunar Court (Alpha Girl, #8)
  • Shattered Pack (Alpha Girl, #6)
  • Crown of Secrets (The Hidden Mage, #1)
  • Voiceless (The Willowdale Village Collection, #1)
  • Four Shifters and a Stranger (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #0.25)
  • Voice of Life (The Spoken Mage, #4)
  • Year of the Chameleon 2 (Shadowspell Academy, #5)
  • The Crucial Shift (The Ariane Trilogy Book 3)
  • Voice of Dominion (The Spoken Mage, #3)
  • Crown of Contempt (The Novi Navarro Chronicles #2)
  • The Defiant Magician (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont, #3)
  • The Lost City (The Omte Origins, #1)
  • The Triumphant Daughter (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont, #4)
See top shelves…
Christina Bauer thinks that fantasy books are like bacon: they just make life better. All of which is why she writes romance novels that feature demons, dragons, wizards, witches, elves, elementals, and a bunch of random stuff that she brainstorms while riding the Boston T. Oh, and she includes lots of humor and kick-ass chicks, too. Christina lives in Newton, MA with her husband, son, and semi-in ...more

Angelbound Origins (9 books)
  • Angelbound (Angelbound Origins #1)
  • Scala (Angelbound Origins #2)
  • Acca (Angelbound origins #3)
  • The Dark Lands (Angelbound Origins #5)
  • The Brutal Time (Angelbound Origins #6)
  • Armageddon (Angelbound Origins #7)
  • Quasi Redux (Angelbound Origins #8)
  • Clockwork Igni (Angelbound Origins #9)

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...