Start by marking “Cherished (Beholder, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cherished (Beholder, #3)

Cherished

(Beholder #3)

For Elea, there’s never been a better time to turn away from witch life. The Tsar is in exile. The Vicomte is dead. And Rowan? Falling for him only broke her heart. Instead of casting spells, Elea spends her days running Braddock Farm and enjoying the flirtations of the very handsome and non-magical Philippe. Everything is going perfectly, except for one problem.

Someone’s
Published May 30th 2017 by Monster House Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Cherished, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cherished

Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4 Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone.

Elea tries a life without magic, but it's difficult for her to be normal again. She misses using magic and raising skeletons. And more importantly, she misses Rowan.

When a dangerous threat targets her, she is pulled back into battle. Together with Rowan, they have to go against fate to survive.

I love Elea and Rowan, but the romance between them was lighter than I wanted. The blurb also made it sound like there was going to be a big love triangl
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Cherished was action packed and a ton of fun. I know I've said it before, but this series is so easy to devour. It's filled with magic, fabulous characters and a plot that keeps me entertained. I absolutely adore the Beholder Series! This time around I was ecstatic to see that the puzzle pieces were falling into place and so many of my questions were finally getting answered. So here are some of my favorite things about the third book in this series -

✮Redemption -
“Would it change anything to s
Fiona Leung
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cherished by Christina Bauer is the 3rd book from the Beholder series and is as exciting as the other two books that came before it. I've been reading from book 1 and it just keeps getting better and better.

Elea and Rowan had sent Viktor into exile at the end of the previous book and now Elea is trying to be a normal farm girl. However a threat had showed up near her farm and Elea had to resolve to using her Magick again, after she's sworn off it.

The only way to beat this threat was to team up w
Aneta Bak
May 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, arc
I’ve always loved Christina’s books, and I’ve been with her from the start. Unfortunately this series is just not the right one for me.

Elea has escaped to her farm in order to hide away from Petra, she does not wish to become Tsarina, against everyone’s wishes. When Elea receives a warning that there is a new enemy in town. The Shujaa is after Ronan’s power, and because of some prophecy Ronan is becoming weaker as the Shujaa gains strength. Elea must decide whether she retreats to the safety of
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Cherished Beholder, #3 the only thing about this one was that you cannot go into this read and think this was the place to star. You must absolutely go to the beginning. The series builds upon itself and you will feel like you missed some things if you just jump right in. There was so much and so little that changed. Sorry if that don’t make sense. This was one of those reads you are sure to know gets better with the passage of each book that proceeded it.

Elea had thought it time to take a brea
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
After having her heat broken by Rowan and losing her best friend Elea is so tired of magic and just wants to live the great life of a farmer on Braddock Farm. Braddock Farm was left to her by her parents when she was just a little baby. Elea has no member of her parents and the farm is the only thing she has from them. And with the Tsar and the Vicomte dead now Elea plans to do just that with the help of her new friend Philippe.

But someone wants Elea dead, a Creation Caster Shujaa. Shujaa wants
Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews)
Got so excited I forgot to update this last night... Full review tomorrow for release!

I received an early ARC from NetGalley and the publishers for an honest review.

Rating: 5 Loaded Totem Rings

When we left off in Concealed I was a bit heartbroken. I didn't see how it was possible that Rowan had betrayed Elea like that. That he could be so sweet and amazing to her but really be engaged to her friend Amelia. Our Elea already has trust issues given what her
Cas
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-2017-ebook
Initial thoughts: Great book! Romance, heartbreak, definitely! There were certainly some interesting villains and Wren did nothing but amuse me. This series is amazing and you should definitely give it a try.

~I received a copy via Xpresso Book Tours and NetGalley and willingly reviewed it~

Rowan is dying. Though Elea is still hurt, she must put her feelings aside and do what's right for her world. A Changed One names Shujaa is after the positions of Tsar and Genesis Rex, interrupting Elea's quiet
Minx
Starting a series on the third book is not the easiest thing to do. The Author did a fantastic job of including backstory details that helped me to clearly understand what had happened in the previous stories so that I would clearly understand the impact of current events. Cherished is the type of book that you can easily read and gather a true understanding of the characters and their motivation. I think to truly get all the emotional feels from the relationship between Rowan and Elea you would ...more
Ashley Dawn
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series. I will start with this is the 3rd in a series and probably won't make much sense without the other two. My heart broke at the end of the last book but I couldn't wait to see where the author took the characters in the new one! Elea is back to being a farmer, but misses casting spells. Casting spells made her happy. When she learns of a new enemy and a threat to Rowan she is excited but concerned. Rowan is determined to keep Elea safe, no matter what the cost or the ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Cherished is the third book in the Beholder series, and we start with Elea back home on Brannock Farm and trying once again to fit in with her neighbours. She has Phillipe with her this time though, and he tries to smooth things along as best he can. Phillipe has wanted things to change between himself and Elea, but she still sees him as her brother being as her heart still belongs to Rowan, even after everything. Of course, things happen that send Elea back to Rowan, where they find out just wh ...more
Penny Noble
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I have been following this series since the beginning. Out of the three so far, this one was my absolute favorite. Elea has had it with magic and is trying to be just a farmer. But, of course, the magic life will not leave her alone. Soon, she’s dragged back in to face an even bigger villain, who isn’t exactly who he appears to be. Adding to that, Rowan is ill and won’t say why. Elea soon realizes she has to get the bottom of all the secrets to find out what’s really going on to save everyone. I ...more
Shanannigans
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Thoughts…

Out of the 3 books in this series, this one is my favourite! Christina always impresses me with her storytelling abilities and I love that her protagonists are always strong women, who kick ass, like Elea!

This is a fabulous series but as I said, I think I really enjoyed this one because it has a little of everything. Lots of highs and lows, romance, and general bad-assery. (Yes, I’m making up a word. It’s my blog and I can do what I want!)

Great writing, interesting characters, and a
Cecily Wolfe
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this without the benefit of reading the first two titles in this series, and I admit to being a bit confused and overwhelmed at first, but that didn't stop me from continuing. This was a very absorbing and complicated story that kept me interested from the start. Elea and Rowan are a couple that are perfect together romantically and make a great team as well. Other characters are incredibly interesting and not quite what they seem - I definitely need to go back and catch up while I wait f ...more
Alli Davis
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Christina Bauer never ceases to amaze me! Cherished has me in so many feels and left me with many questions. I laughed, I got angry, I even felt a little sorry.

Of course, the battle scenes are epic, the ladies are bad ass, and the romance is...very nice. ;)

What is next for Elea? What's up with Petra? I can't wait for the next one!
Arlene Arredondo
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced adventure filled with emotion and new characters that make the plot more interesting and fun.
The story is set in the Caster's land where Rowan tries to protect Elea from imminent danger. Elea is torne between her wish to live a normal life in her farm, becoming Tsarina of her people the Necromancers or finally accepting her love for Rowan.
This steampunk fantasy series keeps getting better and better. Can't wait for the fourth installment.

Note: I received an ARC for review and an hon
Hetal
And so the adventure continues...

We join Elea back in her hometown struggling to find peace and happiness in her life as a farm girl. She continues to scare the townspeople with only Philipe for company- who occasionally gets her out of the house.

Suddenly in the middle of an incredibly dull ride to town, a Phantom dedicated to a mysterious Caster named Shuuja let's Elea know her master will kill her along with slowly killing her once beloved Rowen. Elea looks into the threat a bit...but ignores
Cheryl Whitty
I reviewed this for Book Addict live,
Wow this series gets better with every book, after defeating Vicomte in book two and Thea rescuing all the Necromancer’s. All she wanted to do was to go back to her family’s farm, and just forget about magic and be a farmer. Phillip her friend’s brother has come to give her advice on fitting in the locals who still see her as a witch.
Betrayed by someone she trusted explicitly, and finding out Rowan needs her help Elea rushes to Casters country.
This is a fanta
Melissa
Charming tale of love and magic

Young and powerful, Necromancer Elea faces many choices about who to trust as she gradually realizes who she really wants to be without anyone else deciding her whole life for her. Her growing relationship with Rowan is charming with just the right amount of innocence and confused passion. The magic system is creative and well-woven into the plot, and the author avoids many common fantasy pitfalls.

My only real complaint is that I do not like when one character wit
Sairaika Naidoo
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A riveting read!

Elea is back at her farm where she wanted to be...
But now, she realises it is not for her..
Now, someone's trying to Kill Elea...

This series has become one of my favourite series of 2017.

Rowan + Elea = everything! I am so glad I could read this series because it has hooked my attention right from the start, always delivering and not disappointing at all.

From the books that is currently available, Cherished has become a favourite. Such pure magic and awesomeness! I mean, come on,
Jo
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I didn't find the story quiiite as involving as in the previous books in this series, perhaps because the world-building was already in place. Just FYI, there's little time spent on the relationship between Elea and Rowan. I loved many of the plot points, however. Pitting the brothers against each other, genius. And I so loved the character of Jicho. I mean, what's not to love about a whip smart nine-year-old seer? Plus, there's a FEMALE villain you'll love to hate. And surprises abound. People ...more
Ann
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book 3 in the Beholder series. I read book 1 (Cursed) but missed book 2 (Concealed) . I had no problem picking up the thread of the series. Elea and Rowen team up again to return his kingdom to his rule. Rowan is a Castor and his enemies, including his mother and brother are trying to kill him. Elea has vowed to not use her Necromancer powers again and is happy on the small farm her parents left her but visions of Rowan losing his power has her rushing to his side. This is a nice teen, y ...more
Camilla
This fun series features necromancy and animal magic and all manner of adventuring. At times it feels a little rote, and I still can't figure out how Elea can be such a powerful necromancer but so darn easy to trick all the time (and her rings don't seem to do her much good), but the series is enjoyable.
Sara
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars!

Elea's story continues with more danger, action and magic.

Heartbroken and tired, Elea just wants to live a normal life on the farm, but no such luck. Someone wants Elea dead. Now, she has to fight side by side with the one person who broke her heart.

A great addition to the Beholder series!
Howie TheMonster
Elea's adventures take her to the land of the Creation casters... and the last guy she ever wants to see again, Rowan. The good news is, things aren't what they seem in this book, and our heroine's heart is about to have a big turnaround. A must read!!!
Arianna
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received this ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
I loved it! Not the action, I admit, but the developing relationship between Rowan and Elea. So sweet.
C bond
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
netgalley

an ok read. kept my attention
Genevieve Eldredge
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this latest installment of Elea and Rowan's adventures! Great action and romance, and oh my, the plot twists... I won't spoil anything. I'll just say: hold onto your hats!
Ratna Galih
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's entertaining.
joan johnston
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay

I thought this was a three book series. Now there's a fourth book coming out. I don't think I'll read the next book. It was hard enough getting through the first books.
Goodreads Librari...: Replace Cover 3 188 Sep 24, 2016 07:43PM

• Broken Promise (The Broken Ones, #3)
  • Night of Flame (Steel and Fire, #5)
  • Fates Entwined (Halven Rising, #2)
  • The Year of the Knife
  • Awakening (Bloodline #1)
  • The Soulweaver
  • Sail (Haunted Stars, #1)
  • Chosen by Grace (Divine Fate, #1)
  • Wicked Soul (Ancient Blood, #1)
  • Sea and Sand (Tides, #3)
  • Damned (Magnus Blackwell, #1)
  • Captivate Me (Captivated, #1)
  • Masters of Deception: A Legends of Tivara Epic Fantasy
  • Fallen Flame (Fallen Flame, #1)
  • Taming the Alpha: Over 20 Alpha Male Tales
  • In the Beginning
  • Deadly Shadow: A Paranormal Suspense Thriller (The Assassin Chronicles Book 1)
  • Find Your Awesome: A 30-Day Challenge to Fall in Love with Your Playful, Imaginative  Colorful Self
Christina Bauer thinks that fantasy books are like bacon: they just make life better. All of which is why she writes romance novels that feature demons, dragons, wizards, witches, elves, elementals, and a bunch of random stuff that she brainstorms while riding the Boston T. Oh, and she includes lots of humor and kick-ass chicks, too. Christina lives in Newton, MA with her husband, son, and semi-in ...more

Beholder (4 books)
  • Cursed (Beholder #1)
  • Concealed (Beholder #2)
  • Crowned (Beholder, #4)