Start by marking “Hard Luck” as Want to Read:
Hard Luck

Hard Luck (The Luck Brothers)

4.02  ·  Rating Details ·  1,309 Ratings  ·  164 Reviews
Where Cocky chases Sassy around the bases!
***A standalone sports romantic comedy.***

Meet Brady Luck...

Slugger. Hot shot. MVP.
I've been called it all.
I was the real deal, baby.
The diamond was my battlefield.
Women were the victory celebration.
My "Lucky" streak was a given.
On and off the field.

Then I slept with the wrong woman,
And she cursed me.
Literally.
Turned my game up
Published July 8th 2016 by Kiki Press

Kara
Sep 03, 2016 Kara rated it did not like it
Christine
Jul 15, 2016 Christine rated it did not like it
This just did not grab my attention. The heroine's inner monologue became annoying after 10%. I am not sure how many professional couches would encourage their players to let loose and party during a winning season. It also felt like a fantasy with the voodoo dolls. Just odd. Not for me.
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jan 09, 2017 Beneath The Covers Blog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kelly, 2017-reads
Review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

~Kelly
Maïwenn - Obsessed with Romance
I overall enjoyed this book (even if I sometimes raised my eyebrows in incredulity) but found it lacked depth. But if you're looking for a fast paced story, with steamy scenes and "immature" characters this is a book for you.

I am not saying it is a bad thing, not at all, - one of my favourite books ever is about some of the most immature and foolish characters ever. I'd just say it more as a warning. Do not expect wise decisions, or long talks about life.
Beth Simkanin
Jul 06, 2016 Beth Simkanin rated it it was amazing
A Great Combination of Fun and Sweet

Hard Luck is Liv Morris' rom-com debut and boy, does she deliver! This book is so cute and Ms. Morris has the right touch between fun and sweet. The premise of this book is hilarious - Cali is a physician's assistant for a urologist who specializes in men's health and Brady is a professional baseball player who has some, um, equipment issues and makes a visit to her office. What happens when these two "officially" meet had me laughing so hard that tears ran do
Robin Gardner
Jul 14, 2016 Robin Gardner rated it liked it
Overall, this was a cute story, but there are some crazy parts. I think the author was going for humor. However, what was supposed to be humorous was really eye-rollingly ridiculous.

I did like both main characters, Cali more so than Brady, who was hard to like at the beginning of the book. Their situation was a bit forced though, and that made it somewhat cheesy in places.

I know books are fantasy. I just like reading those that are at least within the realm of believability. Some authors are t
Melinda
Jul 13, 2016 Melinda rated it liked it
3.5*
Laurie
Jul 11, 2016 Laurie rated it it was amazing
I have had a lifelong love affair with the game of baseball. The game has certainly given me a fair share of heartbreaks (looking at you 1975, 1978, 1986 & 2003 Boston Red Sox) and joys (2004 World Series!!). I count A League of Their Own, Bull Durham and Field of Dreams among my very favorite movies. So a book about baseball? By Liv Morris? YES! PLEASE!

Hard Ball is just plain fun. I loved getting lost in this book because Liv Morris has a wonderful way with banter and it snaps and crackles
Andie
Dec 27, 2016 Andie rated it really liked it
This was my first book written by Liv Morris. It's a good sport romance, I bought and will read Tough Luck, too.
Jenny
Cliffhanger: (view spoiler)
HEA: (view spoiler)
**********************************************
Overall rating: 4 stars

I randomly came across this book and was skeptical at first when I couldn't find a revi
Chrissy
Jul 10, 2016 Chrissy rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016

Hard Luck is a perfect mix of hilarious LOL moments, swoony romance, and a cocky book boyfriend!

We meet Brady, star baseball player for Chicago, as he’s runs into one woman who intrigues him, and ends up with another that puts a curse on him at the end of their time together. When Brady needs a fix to his problems, the only one that seems to help is Cali, and she wants nothing to do with him. Cali is a strong headed, baseball loving, hard working, amazing
Lisa Morgan
Sep 11, 2016 Lisa Morgan rated it it was amazing
Brady Luck, a professional baseball player who loves to sleep around and have his pick of women until one women he kicks out his apartment turns his world upside down and curses him.

Cali Jones, a physicians assistant who specialises in men's health is still dealing with a nasty break up from a year or two ago. A night at a club has her swooning for the leading man on her favourite baseball team leaving her completely embarrassed.

Will Brady realise what will break his curse and will Cali ever g
Becca
Aug 24, 2016 Becca rated it it was amazing
Manwhore reformed makes sweet and sexy story

I absolutely loved this sweet yet sexy story about Chicago's Brady Luck - The man who will finally bring Chicago away from the curse their baseball team has been under for decades. The city loves him, especially the ladies. After one drunken night and a woman who has stayed way too long Luck finds himself under a new curse... His "equipment" won't work until he meets the right woman to break the curse.

This was a fun and sweet page turner and watch th
Cocktails and Books
3.5 Cocktails

I wanted to like this one more, but Brady was a hard character to like. He was a cocky baseball player that thought he was God-like with women when it came to sex. So when his luck changes at a crucial time in his season he does what he coach tells him to do and buys a woman to play a role to turn his luck around. Normally, I'm ok with these types of tropes, but for some reason I had an issue with tough as nails Cali falling to his charms (and money) when push came to shove.

If you h
Melissa
Jun 23, 2016 Melissa rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the story of Brady and Cali. I have to admit that I wasn't to fond of Brady at first. He was a typical playboy, arrogant asshole with little respect for women. He didn't seem to value Cali that much at first, she was a means to solving his problems. But as you and Cali get to know him he starts to grow on you and you start to root for a Hea! Do they get it you'll have to read it and see, lol!
This is a nice, light RomCom. Perfect for the summer!
Kelly Emery (Beneath The Covers Blog)
I didn't think it would be possible for me to be appalled and then swoon right after in the exact same sentence. But damn...Brady Luck did just that!

I loved this book! Everything about it was fantastic...from the arrogance, to the romance and charm, this book is a grand slam! I'm a sucker for baseball themed romances.
Shannon Stuckey
Jan 14, 2017 Shannon Stuckey rated it it was amazing
Oh Lucky!

This was my first book I have read by Liv Morris but definitely will not be my last. I absolutely loved Brady and Cali! If you have not one-clicked Hard Luck, what are you waiting for!
Sofie
Jul 30, 2016 Sofie rated it liked it
The book was good, but the pacing was different. Storyline was good, albeit unbelievable at times, but it started out really slow, then was wrapped up far too quick...I think the beginning could've been shorter and the end a bit longer some how....but it was still good regardless.
YaYa
Jul 24, 2016 YaYa rated it liked it
3. Stars
Denise
Jul 15, 2016 Denise rated it liked it
3.5 - 4 Stars

Quick, funny read. Great for a sunny summer day by the pool.
TrashyBibloBlog (Maggie)
Mar 21, 2017 TrashyBibloBlog (Maggie) rated it it was amazing
description

| Available now |

|AMZ US |

description

For a limited time the Luck Brothers box set is $0.99 on Amazon. OR the first two books and box set is free if you have Amazon Kindle Unlimited.

Brady Luck is a typical 25 year old pro athlete. He loves baseball and loves the woman. Many of them. He’ll be the first to tell you this is a one and done deal and most definitely no repeats or sleepovers. Except one night after sleeping with the wrong woman he gets a curse that could not only affect him but also his team. Bra
Jules
May 17, 2017 Jules rated it really liked it
Brady Luck. A super-manwhore, making women sport sleeps with a voodoo queen and think his game -on the pitch as well as in bed- is off. ho to save him from this curse? Why, of course, the sweet doctor's assistant who's already come face to face with the crown jewels.

Is this a story to write home about? To laud and enter into the Indie Romance Hall of Fame? Nah. But it's fun. It captured me. It made me not want to start my day and instead read read read til I was done.
Are there scenes to shake my
Lynn Jones
Jul 10, 2016 Lynn Jones rated it it was amazing

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot and Steamy, July 10, 2016
By Janna Jones
Edit Review
Delete Review
This review is from: Hard Luck: A Sports Romance (Kindle Edition)
Omg this has got to be my favorite book this year. I love Liv's writing and she always brings her A game. This was funny, hysterical, and extremely sexy. The book flowed flawlessly and the characters were like your best friends. I can honestly say I jealous because I could see myself in this book.
Brady Luck... He has it all, Sexy, swagger and slug
Caroline
Nov 01, 2016 Caroline rated it it was amazing
Shelves: liv-morris
The Woodoo Curse of the Billy Goat and the Greek-god super-mega-hottie-baseball-star’s erection dysfunction?

I’ve.
Loved.
Every.
Second.
Of.
It.

This story is hilarious, smoking-hot, and I didn’t realized it was the end before turning the last page on my burning Kindle. Nooooooooo!

« Guys in baseball uniforms, » Taylor sighs while tilting her head. « It’s the tight asses in back and the bulging cups in front. I hardly ever look above the belt. »
Dana ~ The Dirty Smut'atter
I got hit hard by Brady and all is charm off the baseball diamond!! I really enjoyed this tale of curses and how one thing can change it all for the better. I will admit that I read his brother's book first and didn't fall as hard for The QB as I did for the Grand Slam Hitter.
Dirty South Books
Nov 09, 2016 Dirty South Books rated it it was amazing
Hard Luck= steamy and hot

Liv Morris writes one hell of as sports book. I laughed hysterically at the banter between Cami and Brady. Such a great read! Do yourself a favor and 1c!ick!!!!!!!
Raj
Mar 10, 2017 Raj rated it liked it
-3 stars

Written in 1st Person Dual POV

I thought it was going to be a Rom-com, Wallbanger by AC style but it wasn't so I was disappointed. I really shouldn't believe the reviews that much. It was a good novel but it wasn't exciting but quite interesting.
Donna Beaucage
Nov 02, 2016 Donna Beaucage rated it really liked it
Totally enjoyed this read
Bookworm Between the Sheets
Mar 20, 2017 Bookworm Between the Sheets rated it it was amazing
Live Morris hit this one out of the park! I LOVED Brady Luck's story and his trouble with 'being down on his luck' which is so important to many baseball players. The banter between Cali and Brady makes you LOL seriously I could read so much more about these two. Thank you Liv Morris I cannot wait to read/devour more of your books!
Raquel
Mar 21, 2017 Raquel rated it liked it
Too much cussing but sweet characters and a good pace to the story.
  • Lady and the Champ
  • Bridge Over the Atlantic (Bridge Over the Atlantic #1)
  • Heavy
  • Sassy in Stilettos (In Stilettos, #3)
  • Sinfully Sweet Boxed Set
  • Restored (The Walshes, #5)
  • Written in the Scars
  • Go Big
  • A Window to Love (Windows #1)
  • Sweet Cheeks
  • Cleat Catcher (The Cleat Chaser Duet, #2)
  • Neighbor Dearest
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel #2)
  • Destiny Ever-Changing
  • The Pretty Series Bundle (Pretty, #1-3.5)
  • Author Anonymous
  • All the Waters of the Earth (Giving You..., #3)
  • No Pants Required
USA Today bestselling author, Liv Morris, was raised in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri. She now resides on the rock known as St. Croix, USVI with her first and hopefully last husband. After relocating twelve times during his corporate career, she qualifies as a professional mover. Learning to bloom where she's planted, Liv brings her moving and life experience to her writing.

Represented by Rebec
More about Liv Morris...

The Luck Brothers (2 books)
  • Tough Luck