Start by marking “All Shook Up” as Want to Read:
All Shook Up

All Shook Up

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  52 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Natalie’s world is shaken to its core when she discovers an old photo of a woman who looks like her. Could this woman be related to her birth mother, who put Natalie up for adoption as a baby? When she tracks down the person who dumped the photo album at her thrift shop, she’s shaken again. Especially when the gorgeous fire-fighting guitarist offers to help her find the ow ...more
Published August 17th 2016 by Tryst Books

To ask other readers questions about All Shook Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Shook Up

Lustful Literature
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it

Josie's Review

All Shook Up was an enjoyable, funny and interesting read. It was different from my usual read but I couldn’t put it down. I loved the added humor and the mystery surrounding the search for Natalie’s birth mother. The story is told in Natalie’s POV and her character is quirky, beautiful, odd and lovable. My only downside to this book was we didn’t get the male leads POV. I really would have like to be in Casey’s head.

Natalie is adopted and volunteers at a thrift shop. It is here th
Keanna (KeyReadThat)
Rating: 5/5 Stars

The Why:
*spins in a 50's gown* I just love the fashion of the 50's and this was a perfect read that combined finding family and finding love when you don't expect it! It was full of wit, humor, family, love and so much more that will have you smiling.

Characters:
Natalie: Working at a thrift store, Natalie finds all sorts of treasures and love when there are pieces she can put aside for herself. But when she gives the store an old box with a picture of a woman who likes her. For y
KittyKat
*This book was provided via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

This was a great book with realistic characters who all had flaws; none of them were perfect. I loved the two main characters Casey and Natalie and I especially loved reading about their friendship, easy camaraderie and banter. The adventures and pickles they got themselves into were hilarious and I enjoyed following Natalie through the ups and downs on her quest to find her birth mother. I myself am a sucker for thrift shops
Jennifer Y.
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 Stars

Talk about All Shook Up! This book pushed almost every emotional button inside of me and I am still not quite over it.

With the blessing of her adoptive parents, Natalie starts a search for her birth mom after running across a photo of a woman in a box of donated items at the thrift store where she works. Joining her on this search is Casey, a local firefighter who donated the box after finding it in the basement his newly-purchased house. As the two spend time together they quickly bo
Suze Lavender
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Natalie works at a thrift shop. One day she receives a box that contains a dress and an old photo of someone who looks exactly like her. Natalie is adopted and might have found a clue about her birth mother. She decides to do some research and her first stop is the house of the person who brought the box to the thrift shop. His name is Casey and he’s a gorgeous women magnet. Casey is a firefighter with a passion for music. He plays the guitar and sings for small crowds from time to time. He’s al ...more
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
Aug 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arcs, review-copies
*Copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*
This was my first read by Chelsey and unfortunately, I wasn't as big of a fan as I wished I would be.
This book follows Natalie, a thrift store manager that starts looking for her bio family because of something she found. The premise had lots of potential and I was honestly excited for it but I didn't find it enjoyable. I found Nat to rarely act her age and I wasn't invested in her at all. The only times I was truly intrigued were the
Kat
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley-tbr
This is 4.5/5 for me.

This is my first book by Chelsey Krause but it won’t be my last. I loved that the main character worked in a thrift shop as I could relate to this and the stories of the strange and wonderful things that thrift shops get in was hilarious . I actually felt the story about Natalie finding her birth mother was more of a back story and I didn’t mind this as I preferred hearing about the friendship of Natalie & Casey and their banter. The way that they got on so well had me
Obsessive Book Nerd Lauren
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
All Shook Up was just so damn cute. It was a great story, about a woman finding her birth mother. In the process, she makes new friends and has some adventures. She befriends and then actually becomes best friends with a super funny and sexy fireman, Casey. Let's just say that the Casey/Natalie scenes are my favorite! I just couldn't get enough of these two.

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. To read more reviews like this one, check out Obsessive Book Nerd!
Dilushani Jayalath
Kindly received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for and honest review

Well it wasn't great neither was it bad. An ok story :)
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
review by

cropped-Imbtl.jpg

Hot hero; fun; lively plot!!!
Ever meet someone who you just immediately click with? And you can't explain why you like them-you simply do? Neither have I. That is, until tonight. by Natalie

Natalie has spent a lifetime trying to fit in, to belong. She has loving adopting parents and a job that she enjoys, but she is always trying to be perfect, trying to become what she believes others would like her to be.  One day, a photo album has her knocking on the hottest man alive's door, and somehow
Char Sowers
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"All Shook Up" is 100 Shades of Adorable!!! Chelsey Krause created charming and engaging characters and paired them with a compelling and engrossing storyline that drew you in and kept you invested until the very satisfying end. This novel had humor galore, elements of extreme seriousness, and romance I wanted to bathe in. The Hero, Casey, is a handsome and cheeky scamp who is the perfect man with the unfortunate label of "player". He's a hot fireman, with a heart of gold, who can dance, cook, a ...more
Cyndi Becker
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever pick a book because of it's cover and title? In the case of All Shook Up by Chelsey Krause, that's exactly what I did. That at least made me pause long enough to read the premise and to decide it sounded like a fun read. And it was exactly that and then some. While it's fun, there are some dark moments too and I really felt like I was in Natalie's head as she reasons through the choices she makes.

As a friends to lovers story, we see the formation of the relationship through to the "p
Meghan Lloyd
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I finished this in a few hours. I was supposed to go to sleep a while ago, but I couldn't stop reading. Folks, this is my new favorite book of the year! I loved the humor, the characters, the quirky jokes - especially the The Lucy Show references. I related so much with the main characters, I want to be their friend. Totally have a book crush on Casey, and possibly a girl crush on Natalie. It was bound to happen sometime, and I have finally fallen in book love.

Natalie Bishop is a reformed bad gi
Wendy
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So, I got this book from Netgalley and I was quite excited. I haven't read that many chicklits yet and it was my plan to read them more. So when I found out that I could read this book I was so happy! And I was even happier when the publisher contacted me and asked if I wanted to participate in the Release Week Celebration event where we promote Chelsey's newest book! I was thrilled and I'm so happy so participate with this review. So, let's dive into the review, shall we?

Let me get things strai
LJT
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!

What an exciting and charming novel from author Chelsey Krause! All Shook Up grabs you right from the very first chapter and never stops going. The compelling plot is replete with laugh out loud moments, emotion, and a flirty couple that is truly unselfish. Ms. Krause is a talented storyteller and I enjoyed her eloquent and fluid writing style.

Natalie is the manager of a thrift store and from time to time she comes across a true treasure. One of the day's donations is an old photo albu
Jackie Wright
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.75 Review
First book by Chelsey Krause and it won't be my last. This book has a great storyline, I was hooked from page one and once you add the laugh out loud moments it becomes a great read.
Natalie is running the local thrift store and her life was turned upside down the day a box was donated with photos and a beautiful dress, the photos of the lady looked so much like her and it got her thinking is this my birth mother.
Casey is the hot firefighter who dropped off the box after finding it in
Samantha Bilodeau
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this a lot. It was funny, and interesting, and Casey and Natalie were both very endearing characters. The mystery of Natalie's mom wasn't overpowering, but still present enough.

I enjoyed the friendship between Nat and Casey and how it built up in a very natural way. I got hints of attraction, but the chemistry took a backseat to a more casual bond of friendship. In fact, the romance took a backseat to Nat's personal development, which was really the star of this.

The rockabilly aspect was
Jacquie
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The cover and excerpt of Shook Me Up drew me in. I liked the retro feel and the story doesn’t disappoint.

Told in first person, this is the story of an adopted woman’s search for her biological parents and the adventures she has along the way.

Sweet and humorous, the author has a great grasp of characterizations. I loved the insights given by the main character, Natalie. And Casey, the new man in her life, is just swoon-worthy!

The bonus for me was a setting of Edmonton, Alberta, close to my hometo
Fernanda Lara (MysteryDateWithaBook)
All Shook Up is a contemporary romance involving the search of a long lost relative, which feels very original in my humble opinion.

I wouldn’t normally pick up a contemporary new adult book but this one made me rethink my reading habits. All Shook Up is a very funny and cute story. The main characters were brilliantly written (Oh how I wish I had a Casey in my life!) and the mystery of the long lost relative kept the story rather intriguing.

This is such an adorable read, filled with quirky jokes
Lee
I always say, and if you listen to the Nerd Herd’s Podcasts you will hear, that every book touches every reader in different ways. The same book can attach itself to your psyche but could also just sail right by another person, all dependent on whether the circumstances or characters are relatable to you on a personal level. I love this diversity of opinions, it is what makes our vault discussions so interesting and thought provoking. So, being adopted myself, I was instantly attracted to All Sh ...more
Natasha du Plessis
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved Chelsey Krause's writing style as well as her two main characters Natalie and Casey. This is a book about finding your best friend, having fun with your best friend and falling in love at the end with your best friend. Both the characters had a bit of a difficult time before they met each other and has some issues to work through before finding love. Natalie and her struggle to find her birth mother is a thin tread woven through but ultimately this is about Natalie and Casey. I loved the ...more
CeeMarie
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked this. It was really a straight up best friend/romance, with the subplot of the MC searching for her birth mother. It could have been boring and lost in the details but it was really well done and fun to read. I liked the characters so much and it was obvious that despite Casey's reputation, he was completely head over hills for Natalie the whole time. I enjoyed reading about their romance. It wasn't too heavy and was very heart felt.

I'd definitely read another book by Chelsey Kra
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book! Another awesome friends to lovers book! Natalie is so fun and such a sweetie. And on such an interesting journey that brings her to meet Casey - hot, firefighter, with an Irish accent. Because that won't knock a girl over. Casey is a sweetheart too. Trying to help Natalie in her search when he really didn't know anything about her.

And I loved that there was sort of a secondary storyline - not quite the term I'm looking for but my brain is shut down for the night. I love that she was
April
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-read
Thanks to net galley.com for the advanced copy of this great book!

What an awesome story. The characters are so great with such depth and charm and quirky personality traits! Loved how the story developed and that not everyone gets this picture perfect happy family, sometimes family is funny and different but still family. I loved how their relationship was all about being friends and how well they got along just doing normal stuff together. He was always there for her and that was sweet too. Rea
Liz
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book from start to finish! The story revolves around Natalie, a thrift store manager, and her quest to find her birth mother. As an adult I too found my birth mother & Natalie's thoughts & feelings were so true to my own. The author captures this emotional time so perfectly. I also loved the romance between Natalie & Casey, the hunky fireman that helps Natalie on her journey of self discovery.

I can't wait to read more by Chelsey Krause!

Advanced Reader Copy provided by t
Sarah Yee
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I absolutely loved this book!!! So hard to explain what it is that makes this story and these characters so crazily perfect. I'll just have to throw random words and phrases around in the hopes that they somehow sum it up and catch another reader's interest. Thrift store. Mysterious photo album. Hot firefighter. 50's music. Rockabilly fashion. Troubled past. Sweet yet comical love story.
Joann
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Noor-ul-ain
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.I loved this book, i liked how it was a romance with a little twist. Casey is so cute. I liked how it was a story about looking for someone you've never heard of before, just going by a picture, and taking chances that could break your heart.
Amy Neighbors Senethavilay
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
A fun and funky little read that had me ready to pull out my inner rockabilly. I loved the combination of not only a bit of a mystery that needed to be solve, but I loved the romance that slowly developed between Natalie and Casey.
Shar
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cute book, fun read, sweet characters, and all round enjoyable. A good summer quick flowing book with a sweet romance, some fun adventure and mystery and interesting plot line Wish there were more books like this one!
Goodreads Librari...: Please add paperback edition 3 11 Aug 27, 2016 10:12AM
Chelsey loves thrift shops and musty old books stores, DIY projects, and has a rather serious Starbucks addiction. A nurse, wife, and mom to two children, she can often be found repurposing other people’s junk or considering whether the library would let her move in. The rest of the time, she’s reviewing for Chicklit Club or writing. All Shook Up is her second novel.

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • At the Stroke of Midnight (The Naughty Princess Club, #1)
  • Wreckage
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)