Start by marking “The Reckless Love Of An Heir (Marlow Intrigues #7)” as Want to Read:
The Reckless Love Of An Heir (Marlow Intrigues #7)

The Reckless Love Of An Heir

(Marlow Intrigues #7)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  89 ratings  ·  23 reviews

"Pure, unadulterated romance." Best Chick Lit.com

“You are reckless, proud, spoiled and everything I dislike!”

For Lord Henry Marlow, the future Earl of Barrington, life is for living before he accepts his duty. No wager is too risky or challenge too dangerous – until a racing injury forces the Barrington heir to return home and prepare for his destiny. But the one thing Hen

Published July 28th 2016 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about The Reckless Love Of An Heir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reckless Love Of An Heir

really liked it 4.00  ·

Rosemary
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Read/reviewed for Romance Readers Retreat Book Blog
Romance Readers Retreat
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was first exposed to romance novels through my aunt's historical romances many a moon ago and historical romances continue to my first book loves. I may not read them as often as I used to, but I still get excited about a great historical read. I'm partial to Regency romances which is how discovered Jane Lark a few years ago. When I saw she had a new book out I was chomping at the bit to read it.

The Reckless Love of an Heir is an emotional and angst filled historical read about Lord Henry Marl
Wendy Jones
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
Finished this book on holiday and so sad it ended. Great story yet again, with palpable chemistry, brilliantly drawn characters and a wealth of emotion that gets straight to your heart. Such a storyteller, her bevy of lush historical romances are never a disappointment.
Paloma Hdezc
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. At first I wanted to shake Henry because he was the typical rake and womanizer, however he did change his ways when he felt in love with Susan and turned out to be a gentleman. I didn’t like Alethea either because she used her sister and never really care for her. I liked that Susan got her deserved happily ever after because she deserved it!
Lyre
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, mf, historical
Lost my passion in this series. Its dull and I couldn't finished it.
Nina Hutson-farley
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emotional

This Marlow book is a little different than the rest - it made me cry about 60% of the way in - I love books that really touch us.
Book Gannet
3.5 stars.

The Marlow family are back, and this time it’s the spoilt Henry who is about to meet his match, in an opposites attract, forbidden romance that ties itself up in so many knots of angst and possible betrayal that it was hard to see how this could ever be resolved. Yet, at the same time, it’s a steady moving romance between two people who have known each other all their lives, yet never before realised how perfect they would be together.

I liked Susan. She’s a little judgemental and quiet
April
THE RECKLESS LOVE OF AN HEIR by Jane Lark, continues the Marlow family and friends series. However, it can be read as a stand alone, many of the characters from the previous novels do re-appear. For instance, Henry is the son of Jane and Robert Marlowe from "THE PASSIONATE LOVE OF A RAKE" and Susan is the daughter of Lord and Lady Forth who were secondary characters in the series.

Lord Henry Marlow, the future Earl of Barrington, was meant to propose to Alethea the older sister of Alethea Forth,
Jeannie Zelos
Jul 28, 2016 rated it liked it
The Reckless Love of an Heir,  Lark, Jane

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:  Romance

I dip into historical romances sometimes as I enjoy reading about the past, the way people lived, the contrast to todays world. I’ve enjoyed a few of Jane’s novels and this sounded fun, a little drama along with a romance.

Its a gentle story, I enjoyed the way it played out, and the subtle drama that reflected so well the time period. I did find it hard to really get to know the characters, and to “fee
Amy Alvis
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this story!! I enjoyed watching Henry and Susan get to know the real person that the other was. They had known each other for most of their loves, but neither of them had taken the time to get to know the real person.

I will say the Lark had me laughing out loud and crying during different parts of this story. Crying while reading a historical romance doesn't happen to me often, but this one just tugged at my heartstrings! Definitely one that should be on your TBR pile!!

I didn't re

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+
Connect on...:
Twitter

Another lovely historical romance from the Marlow saga, whilst this story lacks the hard hitting seedier view of Regency society of the other stories, it definitely has its serious side. Two sisters, two families’ expectations and an unexpected tragedy all make this story every bit as good as the others and thoroughly enjoyable.
For regular reader of thi
Ira
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was again a book that I really enjoyed and that made me laugh and cry and grin and...well, you get what I mean.

When Lord Henry Marlow comes back to his parents estate to recuperate after a near fatal accent, Alethea is already waiting for him. And she is waiting for a proposal. Impatiently. Even though they have known each other since childhood and have been meant for each other since then, they are not officially betrothed, yet, and Henry doesn't really want to change this status.
While h
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
'The Reckless Love Of An Heir' by Jane Lark is book seven in the "Marlow Intrigues" series. This is the story of Lord Henry Marlow, the future Earl of Barrington and Susan Forth. I have been jumping out and in of the series so for me this was a standalone book.
Henry has been fighting marriage and his duty to the family for a while...and getting away with it. Now though he has hurt himself and has to return home. Henry finds he still has no desire to marry Alethea Forth who he has been promised
Rachel
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
My thoughts:

I loved the opening chapter of this book it had lovely descriptions of Henry's home Farnborough. Also detailed how he had come back after some time away. It was descriptive but without going over the top.

Henry was the perfect hero he progressed well as a character and become more and more likeable as time went on.

I immediately took to Susan she was a quiet person to start with. However that was mainly due to not being the centre of attention within her family. So she preferred standi
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-review
I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
This is the first time I have read this author and I was in for a pleasant surprise. I had read some reviews of her other books and a common remark was the stories had a "real" feel to them. I completely agree. The story was more than a romance. It was filled will heartfelt relationships beyond the two main characters. It wove in family dynamics, disappointments, tragedy and love. It was low on heat but high on sentim
Kimberly Westrope
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved this sweet and heart-wrenching story. Henry, Althea, and her sister, Susan, grew up together, as their families' properties adjoined each other.

As they grow older, Henry and Althea form a bond and both families expect them to marry. Bookish Susan avoids their company as much as possible. She and Henry often butt heads with one another.

In the midst of a family tragedy, many changes occur.

This story is very well-written, with endearing characters, and a story that unfolds beautifully, eng
Carrie
Too many characters introduced mid-story. I gather they are from previous books but I couldn't follow the relationships. Plus it seemed as if they were all named William or Robert. And then introducing Henry's cousin Harry, that was confusing for a bit. There were like 25 Marlowe siblings alone not counting cousins (well at the beginning).
C bond
Jul 29, 2016 rated it liked it
an ok read
poppy
Oct 01, 2016 rated it liked it
An ok read but not favorite by jane still worth reading if you like her books
bridgi
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars For historical romance lovers
Teresa
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Have read all the series, and this was a very sweet story.
Sangria
Oct 18, 2016
Maëva
Aug 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

Jane is a writer of authentic, passionate and emotional Historical and New Adult Romance, and a Kindle top 25 bestselling author.

She began her first historical novel at sixteen, but a life full of adversity derailed her as she lives with the restrictions of Ankylosing Spondylitis.

When she finally completed a novel it was because she was determined not to reach forty still saying, I want to write.

N

Marlow Intrigues (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Lost Love of a Soldier (Marlow Intrigues #1)
  • The Illicit Love of a Courtesan (Marlow Intrigues, #2)
  • Capturing the Earl's Love (Marlow Intrigues, #2.5)
  • The Passionate Love of a Rake (Marlow Intrigues, #3)
  • The Desperate Love of a Lord (Marlow Intrigues, #3.5)
  • The Scandalous Love of a Duke (Marlow Intrigues, #4)
  • The Dangerous Love of a Rogue (Marlow Intrigues #5)
  • The Jealous Love of a Scoundrel (The Marlow Intrigues #5.5)
  • The Persuasive Love of a Libertine (Marlow Intrigues #5.75)
  • The Secret Love of a Gentleman (Marlow Intrigues #6)