Start by marking “Protecting Braden (Custos Securities, #2)” as Want to Read:
Protecting Braden (Custos Securities, #2)

Protecting Braden

(Custos Securities #2)

Zavier “Cade” McCade, former Army Special Forces and creator of Custos Securities, finds himself in a situation he never thought he’d be in—he’s fallen in love with Braden Cross, the gorgeous pastry chef he’s guarding. Cade has lived his life as a protector: of his country, his family and friends, his clients, and now, the man he’s in love with. He thrives in dangerous and ...more
Published July 6th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Protecting Braden, please sign up.
Luna David Sorry Wendy, I missed this email. Not yet, but I'm hoping to release it this summer. Thanks for your interest. Luna

Erth
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To better understand Protecting Braden, you should read Trusting Cade. You don't have to but you really should. Besides it being a wonderful book, you will get more details and understanding of Braden and Cade with it, along with the other characters in the book.

This book is amazing!!! All throughout the book, you can literally feel the love and emotions of these two. You will also get to see a more people and enjoy it so much more. Love, hot sexy times, family, and trust. It's just amazing!!!
Barbara➰
Okay, I finally finished this book. Real life kept getting in the way, but honestly, I was kind of over it all. I really liked book one and started out liking this one but I felt like it was drug on a bit too long.

There's one really long sex scene near the end where (view spoiler) that went on pages and pages and pages. I must admit I skimmed after a bit and was just ready for it to all be over.

I also felt like the whole thing with Maya could have been addressed
~Mindy Lynn~
I was happy that this one begins right were the last book ended.

The relationship between the men grows stronger even with the danger that is still surrounding them.

Braden is still recovering from his injuries he sustained from the last book and the encounter with his crazy ex. He's having some PTSD and having a hard time being away from Cade. His anxiety is high and his emotions are everywhere. He's having a hard time letting people be near him or touch him. What made me happy was that the thin
Parvathy
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay-book-reviews

4.5 Stars!

Protecting Braden starts off from the end of first book and continues on to tell the story of how Braden recovers from the situation he was in and how he and Cade falls in love more while navigating the danger they both face. Protecting Braden is a beautiful conclusion to the story of Braden and Cade and how they find their happily ever after.

What I loved most about this book is that what happened to Braden did not become an obstacle that forced them apart but rather it worked as a c
Melissa
Nope I took a chance and failed. Book 1 was...different. I was leery of book 2 so it's no big loss that I couldn't keep with it. Off to the next!
Chris
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: military-crime, lgbtq
The story continued with Cade and Braden - so much drama, like serious ongoing drama ! Really I was wondering how much a person could take, which is a lot in this book. Cade is the ultra strong protector and is super over the top. Braden seems to find trouble and suffers at the hands of his stalker. Between the two of them they love hard, are extremely sappy / sweet and seem to have no end to their patience and resilience!
Catherine
It pains me to say this because I'm usually all puddle-of-want-and-need over this, but I don't really think the BDSM elements in this story were necessary.

Cade's kinkier side was dumped unceremoniously on the readers in the first five pages of Book 1 and then, other than one vague discussion which basically boiled down to "we'll get back to this later" and an overall controlling/protective vibe I associate with Doms, there wasn't a hint of it again until it felt crammed down my throat in the la
Karen
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
I wish this had worked better for me but sadly if anything I liked it even less than the first book. The story had potential but unfortunately it got lost in the execution. I wanted characters that had depth and dimension, people who were relatable and felt real...sadly what I got felt pretty flat.

'Protecting Braden' was 10 hours and 30 minutes of a story that probably could have been told in 4 if we didn't have to listen to Cade and Braden repeatedly tell the world just how wonderful the other
Bike Book Reviews
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this series, and this book is the perfect compliment to the amazing first book! Braden and Cade will captivate you like they did in the first book for sure! Luna David knows how to craft characters that stick with you long after you finish the book!!

Braden has been through a terrible ordeal after his kidnapping, and as he recovers his big bad bodyguard and lover Cade has vowed that nothing like this will ever happen to Braden again. With Braden's kidnapper still on the loose, can Cade kee
Jaymie
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Protecting Braden picks up where book 1 left off. Braden has finally woken up after being in a diabetic coma for days, grateful to see Cade by his side. After the violence he experienced at his stalker/kidnapper's hands, he's left plagued with pain and nightmares. When Braden is released from the hospital, Cade is determined that he will not leave Braden's side. While Eric is still on the loose, Braden is still in danger and they all know it's only a matter of time before the man tries once agai
Diverse
Shelves: july-2016-reads
This is Luna David’s second book in her Custos Securities Series. Book one, Trusting Cade, left us with a bit of a cliffhanger. This of course made all us readers light torches and look for the author. She’s since come out of hiding and with that has come the answers to our questions.

Cade, as you may know, is Braden’s protector and partner. In book one on top of trying to keep Braden safe from a violent stalker, they fall in love. And the ending, well, it was a HFN… until now. We got our answer
Tammy
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Blog Post: http://lovebytesreviews.com/2016/07/0...
Make sure you have your tissues ready!!
Protecting Braden takes up from where Trusting Cade left off.
After Braden’s nana, his best friend Maya and the love of is life Cade are threatened, Braden was kidnapped by his ex-boyfriend Eric who has been stalking him since they split up. Not only has Eric been stalking Braden he has also raped and beaten him.
As a consequence of the kidnapping and not having his insulin for so long Braden has been taken
Lorraine Lesar
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh Wow! Does this author know how to write a riveting psycho or what? I think the impact of this truly disgusting excuse for a human being was that the author didn’t go OTT with his character, she kept it within the realms of possibilities and THAT was what made it so more chilling <>

This second book continues where Book 1 left off – Braden is recovering from his horrific ordeal and blaming himself for everything. Cade is also blaming himself – he failed to protect the most precious thing
Christie
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great follow-up book!!!

A Great worth waiting for book. This one starts exactly where the previous one ended with Braden in the hospital and Cade beside him. What I like most about the book it's that every scene it's express thoroughly nothing it's kept to your own imagination. You are on that hospital scene from beginning to end and that makes this a great book. Although the shorter scene might be when they finally catch up with the bad guy, I think it will be kind of redundant to make a long sc
Miranda
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Even better than the first

Oh wow, I loved Trusting Cade, it was a solid 4 star read for me because the story was so good but this book surpassed it by far. Not just because the story was fantastic (And that last sex scene seriously gave me goose bumps and a hot flash lol) but Luna David's writing improved so much. Watch out world, she's upped her game and I can't wait to see what she brings us with Gideon and Sebastian.
Shaztwirl
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very Enjoyable.

A great continuation and conclusion to Braden's story. This series is a great start for a new author. I'm very much looking forward to continuing the series.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)

I'm writing one long review for both books because they were basically the same story. his should have been one book and shorter. The first one ends on a major cliffhanger and halfway through the second one the plot is done. At that point it's just boring get to know the characters stuff. Also, throughout the first book I felt like I was reading a sequel to something.

My rough notes completely unedited:

(view spoiler)
Ed Davis
Apr 11, 2019 rated it liked it
2 and 1/2 Stars rounded up to 3 because of a wonderful ending. I finished my review of the first book by saying that Cade and Braden deserved a second book. They might, but this isn’t the book.

I went from loving Cade to thinking him a total ass. He used his family’s prestige and money to threaten people. He claimed to be protecting Braden, but he was so careless he didn’t even notice the effect he was having on him when telling him about his stalker. He kept thing from Braden, but then would te
Isa Jones (Jo&Isalovebooks Blog)
(SOME SPOILERS IF YOU HAVENT READ BOOK 1)

LUNA DAVID I SALUTE YOU!!

WOW this was a complete rollercoaster! I was happy, then sad, then worried, then happy again LOL you had me on the edge of my seat!.
I love seeing Authors grow as they produce their new material and I think this is the case here.
This book was complex in the way that the first book was extremely good and extremely well written and I sometimes worry when I have to read a sequel that the story wont draw me in the same way.
Well, fear n
Cee Brown
♥.•*)☆♡.•*)☆♡.•♥*)☆♡♥
♡☆(.•♥ They were finally getting their forever after.

Book one ended on a HFN and my review, Trusting Cade Review was hot on wanting this book stat!! And then the book came out months later and I was too vested in other projects that I just had no time. Going through my kindle looking for a read led me to this book and boy am I glad to rediscover Braden and Cade all over again.

Bray and Cade were made for each other and it was proven time and time again as Cade became the prot
K
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the follow-up after Braden's accident and what an emotional and intense journey it was. Cade is determined to put all his efforts into making sure Braden is protected and getting better at the same time and who better to over see that plan than Cade himself. And, in order to do that properly, he puts his co-partner and best friend Cooper in charge of Custos Securities and the investigation of Eric so it won't take Cade away from Braden which I thought was a very selfless act.

During this
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie in exchange for a fair and honest review. ***

This new installment in the Custos Securities series starts right where book 1 ended, with Braden in a diabetic comma and his stalker/ex-boyfriend Eric having escaped. Braden needs to deal with the PTSD his kidnapping left him with, as well, as recuperate from his injuries, as Cade leaves the running of Custos Securities and finding Eric before he finds Braden again to Cooper and his employees, so he can concentr
Heather Martin
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Perfect!

I loved the first book and loved this one too! Braden and Cade are perfect together and I love their story. I can't wait for the next one in the series so I hope Luna is busy writing!

Audio review:
I love this series but didn't have time to read the books so I thought I would listen to the audio. I won't listen to it again. I highly recommend reading these books instead of listening.

First, as stated in my review for the first book, BRADEN IS NOT SOUTHERN, but his accent is by this narrat
Daphne Cochran
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW, WOW OMG FREAKING GOD !!!!
I was waiting for this book to come out and it was so over the top wonderful. If you didn't love Brae and Cade from the first book, you would in this one. It was a terrific book to wrap up their epic love story. I just couldn't put it down.
Bravo, hands done one of the best books I have read in a long time. I must admit I was a bit upset when the first book ended in a cliff hanger but this book so redeemed that.
So bring on the rest of Custos Securities, can't wait fo
Katie Townsend
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming

I fell in love with Braden and cade even more in book 2
This story was an emotional rollercoaster both good and bad I cried with my heartbreaking for the guys and cried for the happy parts.
I loved these guys and there connection is so intense and so loving and strong it was perfect.
Thank you so much Luna David for this amazingly beautiful story I can't wait to see what's next.
Karen Lane
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 big stars

I didn't want this to end, I really didn't. It was beautiful, sexy, hot, romantic, angsty, and a little frustrating...lol. I could and would of strangled Braden maybe once or twice.. But his 'antics' made the story what it was, and that scene at the hospital with Cade, Gideon and Cooper, my god, I read it 5 times... Congrats Luna, and please be quick with book 3...
Tee Mo
An ABSOLUTE MUST Read

A great read from the beginning to the end. The love and connection between the two MC's was heart felt. I could not put this book down. And now that I finished it, I am sad that I reached the end of the book. I look forward to the next book in this series. Simple put I LOVED THIS BOOK!
Kellie Stubbs
True love..

True love may be a lost concept but Braden and McCade make you believe. Book two in a blossoming series it continues to entrap me. A story of triumphant over all odds and crazy ex-boyfriends. Proves when you find the one made for you anything is possible.
Tiffany
Jul 17, 2016 rated it liked it
This one was better

I had to read this one because I absolutely hate cliffhangers and the last one definitely was. The story was slow going in some parts but overall much better. I would just like a noon that I hate the word slick in place of lube LOL
Janeylou
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0000-sh-recs
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Honor And Pride (Guarding The Gods #2)
  • Cold Front (Pindone Files #1-3)
  • Brokedown Hearts (Foster Siblings #3)
  • Better
  • Thunder and Lightning (Death and Destruction #6)
  • Broken Shield (Tony Wolf/Tim Buckthorn #2)
  • Stolen Summer
  • Until You (Until You, #1)
  • Fire & Ice
  • Mute Witness
  • Yakuza Courage (The Way of the Yakuza #2)
  • Guns Blazing (Black Balled #2)
  • Honesty and Artifice
  • Saving Ren (Barretti Security, #3)
  • Sight and Sinners (Men of London, #2)
  • Swept (Polished, #2)
  • The Walls of Troy
  • Hot Hands (College Fun and Gays #1)
Luna David is a true romantic at heart who was fortunate enough to find and marry her soul mate. Most of the time she considers herself lucky to have been blessed with having g/b twins, but they're giving her a run for her money. She's a stay at home mom and an author, so when she's not begging her little monsters to behave, you'll most likely find her writing.

She loves anything book, coffee or da

Custos Securities (3 books)
  • Trusting Cade (Custos Securities, #1)
  • Saving Sebastian (Custos Securities, #3)