Start by marking “The Ghostwriter” as Want to Read:
The Ghostwriter

The Ghostwriter

4.20  ·  Rating details ·  15,397 ratings  ·  2,625 reviews

I wasn't surprised. Telling stories is what made me famous. Fifteen bestsellers. Millions of fans. Fame and fortune.

Now, I have one last story to write. It'll be my best one yet, with a jaw-dropping twist that will leave them stu
Published October 2nd 2017 by DCA

To ask other readers questions about The Ghostwriter, please sign up.
Jenn Lockwood Editing Not at all. It is a suspense/thriller. It's amazing! I cannot say this enough!
Jenn Lockwood Editing It's out today! - October 2nd
I got to read an ARC for it for my website. It's an amazing book!…more
It's out today! - October 2nd
I got to read an ARC for it for my website. It's an amazing book!(less)

·  15,397 ratings  ·  2,625 reviews

Start your review of The Ghostwriter
Melissa
It doesn’t matter how many times you read the synopsis or try to meticulously assemble the pieces of this plot as you make your way through Helena’s story—you’ll never guess what you’re in for. That’s the beauty of an Alessandra Torre novel though and exactly what sets her work apart, in my eyes. Every time I pick up one of her books, I know I’m about to embark on a unique journey. Believe me when I say, a cookie cutter is not a tool you’ll find in this author’s arsenal.

Whether it’s romance, su
Deanna
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpress.com/

Alessandra Torre has written many novels but this is the first I’ve read. You can be sure my “to be read list” has quite a few more titles on it now that I’ve read this novel. I loved it!

We are told right from the start that this isn’t a romance novel.

From the blurb: This book is not a romance. It is contemporary fiction, but very suspenseful in nature. It is about a famous romance author and a dark secret she keeps.
Alessandra Torre
Aug 26, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Some information on The Ghostwriter:

* This book is not a romance. It is contemporary fiction, but very suspenseful in nature. It's about a famous romance author and a dark secret she keeps.

* The is available NOW on Kindle Unlimited! >> amzn.to/2WtAEji

* Goodreads Choice Nominee in Mystery/Suspense

* Movie being shopped by Mark Morgan (Twilight, Percy Jackson) and Dawn Wolford

Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Alessandra Torre Fans
5 Another Brilliant Side of Torre Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free-Pssst, It's Kindle Unlimited!
Semifinal Round Nominee for 2017 MYSTERY
It is 1:30 AM and I just finished this book. I should go to sleep as I have work tomorrow and an early start. Instead, I am sitting here and thinking back to my first Alessandra Torre experience. I was new to Goodreads, made a few friends and was somehow directed to a little series. The first entry was To Have, Part One of The Dumont Diaries.

From the start, I was ta
Corinne Michaels
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My official thoughts:
A gripping story so profound that I’ll still be thinking about it months from now. The Ghostwriter is hands down one of the best books of 2017.

My messages to Alessandra at the end.

Oh. My. God.

I mean ...

Did you seriously do this to me? I can't ... I just can't

I'll just be over here like ...

Her response:

Berit☀️✨
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves, 2017
4.8 cHARACTER driven STARS 🌟🌟🌟🌟.8
It does not get much better than this emotional Book inside this brilliant Book! This mystery inside this heartbreaking story!

I really need to apologize to Alessandra Torre this is my first book by her, and I truly had underestimated how amazing she is! This book captivated me from the first page to the very last!

The character development of Helena was quite remarkable.... at the beginning of the book she came across as such a cold harsh woman, with a list of ri
Bibi
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Spoiler Alert*

Sad, sad, sad. Phew....

How can one love a book while simultaneously hating the main character? Huh?

There's no doubt in my mind that Torre is one of the best authors of the contemporary fiction genre. And The Ghostwriter is a testament to how she's evolved as a writer. For one, the pacing manages to keep one engrossed from prologue to epilogue with ĵust enough back story to keep you wondering what was this damning secret.

Weirdly, this story is reminiscent of Mud Vein because not on
David Putnam
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A perrrfectly structured thriller. The author set the conflict quickly and efficiently and kept the dastardly secret (the heart of the story) dangling in front of my nose throughout the book making this a true page turner. The chapters are short as they should be in a thriller structure (verses a mystery construct). The story is kept to three (4) points of view which helps with the Fictive Dream. The story is about two bestselling authors who dislike one another but come together to write an imp ...more
Carlene Inspired
I have three months to write the last book of my life. Three months to confess the details of that day, and how it changed everything for me.

My name is Helena Ross. I’ve written fifteen romance novels, ten of which have become international bestsellers. But this one isn't a romance, no Happily Ever After in place. This novel holds only the truth, which I have run away from for four years. The truth, which I have hidden from the police, from my loved ones, from the world.

This final book?

It's my
Meredith
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
“A perfect morning. A perfect husband. A perfect daughter. A perfect lie.”

A best-selling romance author finds out she has only 3 months left to live. She uses her time to write one last book about her life and the monsters who destroyed her happiness.

Helena Ross, a famous author, is dying of cancer. She has one last story to tell to make her mark and tell her truth. She has lived her life by the rules and was fond of reminding others of the rules. But a list of rules couldn’t keep the
Diane S ☔
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Helena lives alone, though this was not always the case. She is a well known romance writer, and she has just had some terrible news. She has also had a horrible event in her life, with both things combined, she decides she needs to make her story known. Not sure she is capable of writing her story, doing it justice, she asks her agent to get her a ghostwriter.

This book was utterly fantastic. So much more than a thriller, it is more like an inside view of the disintegration of a life, a per
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |

A MYSTERY. NOT A ROMANCE!

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |
Blurb:
Carol (Bookaria)
Aghhhhhh! My heart has been trampled into a million little pieces.

You know what you did Alessandra Torre, you know what you did...

What a book! What a story! The book starts with writer Helena Ross. She has recently learned that she has terminal cancer and about 3 months to live. Before she passes away she wants to write her last novel and the most important story of her life.

Helena knows that because of the illness she won't be able to complete the book unless she hires a ghostwriter to he
Debra
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Well, that was not what I expected - at ALL! I read the book blurb and I made assumptions about what the book would be about based on what limited information I was given. I was wrong, and I loved it.

Helena Ross is a successful Author who has quite a prickly personality. She lives by rules - just come to her house you will see some on her door! She is not the most likable character - she rarely smiles, is gruff, comes across as cold, likes to get to the point, and doesn't appear to have
Bookphenomena (Micky)
THE GHOSTWRITER is my joint favourite book of 2017 and I've read upwards of 200 this year. This is a contemporary suspense read with challenging subject matter but with the kind of writing that beautifully navigates you through the difficulties.

There are three main characters in this story but Helena is at the helm. She's an author but this time she needs a ghostwriter to help her tell this story and it's her autobiography she's telling. Her husband Simon is at the fore, as is the ghostwriter Ma
Norma
5 Stunning Stars!  THE GHOSTWRITER was a spectacular read that left me absolutely speechless upon finishing it and was quickly placed into my favourite reads shelf for 2017!

THE GHOSTWRITER by ALESSANDRA TORRE is a beautifully written novel that is so emotionally moving about a famous romance novelist Helena Ross that wasn’t always the most likeable person but definitely the most interesting and in the end she totally captured my heart.  I have never been so moved and touched by a novel before l
Kendall
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book was SPECTACULAR!!!! The Ghostwriter is one of my top reads for 2017.

Helena Ross has a story to tell. And oh my goodness what a heart crushing, dark, and deep story it is. Helena has written successful romance novels over the years...but this LAST novel is a story that is rooted personally with dark secrets oozing out. Helena instructs her agent Kate to hire a ghostwriter Marka Vantley to help her write her own story. Marka and Helena don't have the best relationship.. while Helena sen
Theresa Alan
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This novel is dark and slightly depressing but good. Helena had a life many would envy. Money from a career she loved—being a romance novelist—a husband, and a little girl. Four years ago, she lost her husband and daughter. Only she knows the truth behind their deaths, and she’s ready to tell her story, but she needs help, so she calls in a rival author to ghostwrite.

Helena is an odd character. She’s not just introverted, which many writers are, she’s cantankerous and bitchy. She didn’t initiall
Lindsay - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews
4 stars!

This novel started off strong, then lost a bit of steam in the middle where it slowly built up to the heart-wrenching ending that had me sobbing like a baby. I had no idea what to expect from this story and was surprised it turned out to be such an emotional journey. I found myself in a mess of tears a few times.

I had a love/hate relationship with the main character, Helena Ross, an international bestselling author. Her personality was negative to the point that I found myself cringing
Linda
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, net-galley
Pause for a moment......

Pull up a chair and sit with me a while.

The Ghostwriter beckons like a Shapeshifter in the darkest corner of the room. It transforms itself from one level of recognizable existence into the blurred, uncertain vision of the next. Elusive and quite daunting.

Helena Ross has a story to tell. As a successful young author, her hand has rocked the cradle of many a romance novel. But there is a definite sense of urgency to this one. Life has given her a deadline unlike the ones d
marilyn
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I never wrote a review for this book when I first read it because I wasn't even writing reviews when I read this book. But I saw my friend Kaceey's review and immediately remembered this book because I had enjoyed it.

Helen is a famous author and wants to write one last book before she dies. She's a young woman but doesn't have long to live and really, she doesn't even want to continue living. But she needs help to get this last book finished so she enlists a rival author to help her finish her
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: "What's happened to you, Helena?"
What's happened to me? I have a story that I don't have time to tell. I have an empty house that reeks of death. I have no friends, no family, and no one to ask for help. I'm dying, and it's the best thing that's happened to me in a long time.

THE BLURB: Four years ago, I lied. I stood in front of the police, my friends and family, and made up a story, my best one yet. And all of them believed me.

I wasn't surprised. Telling stories is what made me famou
Debbie
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it

3.5

Wanted to love it!

Wanted to love it. Wanted to love it. The reason I’m stuttering is because I’m embarrassed that I’m not in the gush club on this one. Before all you gusher friends look at me like I’m weird, I will say I LIKED it—it just wasn’t any great shakes.

This thriller features a snarky, odd writer, Helena, who has suffered a great loss. Right off the bat you learn she has only a few months to live. She is intent on telling her story, but because she doesn’t think she’ll have enough
Carol
4.5 Heartbreaking Stars!

"Someone has to know the truth."

Helena Park's is a successful author, but by no means perfect. She is outspoken to a fault, bitter, difficult and needs help desperately (from an unlikely adversary) to meet a pressing deadline for a story that must be told....a story filled with painful memories and secrets too awful to recall....her story.

With no knowledge of the storyline going in, THE GHOSTWRITER shocked me. It turned out to be so much more than I envisioned at th

Felicia
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOLY SHITERRIFIC Y'ALL

First...allow me to stand and do a slow clap for Alessandra Torre.

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

I just THOUGHT I was an Alessandra Torre fan before this book, however, after reading this offering, I am now a SUPERFAN.

This is an utterly captivating storyline unlike any I have read before. JFC I don't even know how to capture the words I need to review this book.

The main character, Helena, is so unlikable but fuck dammit is she ever relatable. Torre has so thoroughly fleshed out this un
Jen
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I'm no ghost reviewer so what you read is what you get from me. Not sure what I expected as I've read some conflicting reviews. Helena is a well known romance writer with 3 months left to live and in desperate need to tell her story. Because of the tight deadline -no pun intended- she hires a ghostwriter to assist her in finishing her last words before she passes away.

What I liked - it was a mystery. The writing of a life story leading up to a climax and I was pulled along not really knowing wha
Olga therebelreader
A good read is a story you can't put down once you start, and makes you glad for the time you spent consuming it. It can provoke you to tears, it can shock you, it can make you feel strong emotions.

The Ghostwriter is a good read! It has a unique plot with one twist after another. It was hard to read some parts because their pain was real and gut wrenching. This story hits all the points required to warrant 5 stars.

Helena, a famous young author, has a grave illness and does not have much time t
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
description

description

32 year old Helena has been a very successful romance author for the last decade.
She also has been married and had a daughter.
But both Simon and Bethany are not in her life anymore. We have no idea what happened.
We only know that Helena has only three more months to live and she wants to write one last book. Not a romance. A true story kind of thing. But we don't really know what the story is. Only that it's the story of her life.
And since she doesn't have enough energy to write a book she would
Maria Angie Mendoza
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Profound, suspenseful and heart wrenching story.
Two best seller romance authors combine their efforts to write a book. The book had certain rules to follow, with a definite beginning a middle and an end!
The result was a flawlessly written, emotional and cathartic journey of self discovery, love and forgiveness.
The why, and what the end result was you'll have to read and find out!!
Alessandra never disappoints with her arsenal of unique creative writing.
This is one of my favorite top 5 reads if 2

• Verity
  • Heart Bones
  • Regretting You
  • F*ck Marriage
  • The Wives
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
  • Little Secrets
  • I Can Be a Better You
  • Mud Vein
  • Every Last Secret
  • Genesis Girl (Blank Slate, #1)
  • One More Step
  • If You Dare (Deanna Madden, #3)
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
  • Fortuity (Transcend, #3)
  • Marrow
Alessandra Torre (AR Torre) is an award-winning New York Times bestselling author of twenty-two romance and suspense novels. In addition to writing, she is the creator of Alessandra Torre Ink - an online community of over 10,000 published and aspiring authors.

Amazon: https://goo.gl/XRr5Uc
Facebook: https://goo.gl/sJb5MN
Twitter: https://goo.gl/DwKuvo
Pinterest: https://goo.gl/eEJs9U

FULL LIST O

News & Interviews

“There is nothing like young love. It comes at a time before the heart knows to protect itself, when everything important is raw and exposed—the perfect environment for a soul-sucking, heart-crushing burst.” 13 likes
“Between two naive and innocent souls, anything can happen. Soulmates or Tragedy. And sometimes, both.” 13 likes