Start by marking “Textrovert” as Want to Read:
Textrovert

Textrovert

Can you fall in ♥ with someone you’ve never met?

Summer is nearly over and Keeley is about to start her senior year when disaster strikes: she picks up the wrong cell phone by mistake. 😞 Just her luck that it belongs to Talon, a totally arrogant jock 🏈 who’s just left for football camp—with her phone. Keeley doesn’t know him, but they’ll need to rely on each other to forw
Published May 2nd 2017 by Kids Can Press

To ask other readers questions about Textrovert, please sign up.
Sanuki Yup. Wattpad is great to find epic books that become published.

Start your review of Textrovert
Sana
Think of every single YA cliché with the cheesiest and corniest lines and I present to you this book. This book is so predictable and cliché and tbh the only reason it got an extra star was because of the funny sexual jokes, I couldn't help but laugh,,, okay?? Don't give me those eyes man, they were some good jokes.

---
uhhhhh no I'm not reading this very short contemporary for my reading challenge.
Nazanin
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 Stars

DNF @ 40%
I like the idea of losing the phone and got familiar with each other through texting but this one was so a bit boring! I tried but I struggled so much. I thought maybe it’s funny but nope I didn’t even crack a smile. So I gave up… Hope you enjoy it more than me!
Hristina
Here's the deal. Is there a good story in this book? Yes there is. Is it told the right way? No.
I feel like the book in the form I read it in isn't the final draft. It's two drafts before the final draft. I liked everything it had to offer, I just didn't like it enough.
If I was the editor I'd say that the dialogue is a bit off, there should be a few more dialogue tabs here and there, the characters need to be worked on and the plot is predictable.
As a reader I had trouble with
Courtney
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of sweet contemporary YA romances
Recommended to Courtney by: Netgalley
Shelves: netgalley, 2017-read
Textrovert by Lindsey Summers, originally published on Wattpad as The Cell Phone Swap, is a sweet YA contemporary romance.

Keeley is celebrating the end of her summer vacation at a local fair with her best friend Nicky and her twin brother Zach when she realizes she lost her phone. Thankfully, after a bit of panicked searching, she manages to find it... Or at least she thinks it's her phone that she found .

Later that night she gets a phone call from a complete stranger telling her that they must have some how mixed up thfound
Tanya Tate
Received from netgalley for an honest review.

3.5 Stars!

Textrovert is a story about two strangers who accidentally switch phones and start a friendship over it. It pretty much a cute high school story about showing your true self and not what people think over you. It pretty much was like Romeo & Juliet with text messages since the main couple were from r
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

I don't read Wattpad novels.
I have what you call a serious aversion to them.
It's just the lack of professional editing and the amateur approach to an otherwise possibly brilliant plot really makes me cringe.

Knock-Knock.
Who's there?
Boo.
Boo, who?
Boo Hoo you're reading a Wattpad book.

Yeah, yeah. No need to rub it in.
But I couldn't help it. I read the blurb and it was love at first sight.

I don't read Wattpad novels.
I have what you call a serious aversion to them.

Knock-Knock.
Who's there?
Boo.
Boo, who?
Boo Hoo you're reading a Wattpad book.

Yeah, yeah. No need to rub it in.
But I couldn't help it. I read the blurb and it was love at first sight.

Cell phone swap is one of my favourite troupes! I love how they fall in love with the person regardless of the others looks, sure they always turn out to be gorgeous but it wasn't the first factor.

Overall it was a pretty predictable story, Keeley and Talon accidentally swap cells at the fair and the very next day Talon goes away to Football camp, which leaves both our MCs with eachothers phone.
So they forward eachother's messages and get to know each other in the mean time.

"What I wish is that you didn't exist. When are you coming back?
In a week.
What am I supposed to do till then?
Dream of me. Word on the street is I'm pretty impressive if you know what I mean 😉"

Keeley discovers Talon to be a full of himself flirt but he can be funny too and he listens to her.

While discovering Talon, Keeley also discovers herself away from her popular brother and her quiet girl persona.

It was a really nice, feel good sorta book. The lack of depth and exploration of side characters got to me a little but at the same time, the simplicity of the book appealed too. I'd tell you more about the plot but like I said before it's predictable and possibly anything I say will give it away.

Long story short, I really liked it. I wouldn't even mind reading Zack's story with Claire.
3.75 stars.

Yoda
Nice slow paste to the story, a lot of dialogue which is often something Im missing in contemporary YA. bonus points for that.

Alice
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
A nice and simple book. It's good to read these simple books once in a while.
Four cute stars
Stacy Fetters
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
"What I wish is that you didn't exist. When are you coming back?
In a week.
What am I supposed to do till then?

I won this book in a Goodreads first reads giveaway. Opinion is my own!

I've always wanted a man with dreamy eyes to sweep me off my feet and call me baby doll. And then I woke up from my dream, glad I wasn't a sixteen-year-old girl anymore and poked my gorgeous husband.

Imagine this.... you lo
Ezgi Tülü
I'm a little sad to give this book 3 stars because it feels a lot like betraying my 16-year-old self, who read this when it was titled The Cell Phone Swap , and who waited for new chapters day and night. It was a bittersweet experience--to once again read about Keeley and Talon, the characters I've grown to love when I used to write my own stories on Wattpad.

The thing is, I really appreciate what they did with this book. As The Cell Phone Swap, the book was long, sometimes pointlessly long,
Deborah
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it

This was cute, fun, and perfect for summer. I really liked Keeley's and Zach's relationship. I'm all for supportive and loving siblings. I thought more time was going to be spent in anonymity but I still liked how it played out. I wish Nicky had more to do/ more of a presence. By the end you started to feel the back-and-forth but it made sense. Overall, I enjoyed this and had a good time reading it.
Catherine ♡
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yes, this rating is abnormally high for me but I read this a while back so that must be why. I had no idea this was the same book as The Cell Phone Swap until I heard the name "Talon"—which is quite a unique name.
Reina Tan
⚠ subjective opinion || I read in Indonesian ver. so in the bottom of the review, I'll talk about the translation in Bahasa.
° ° °

I had already read The Cellphones Swap in Wattpad 2016 before I knew it will be published. Tbh, I like The Cellphones Swap more than Textrovert. 😂

Maybe because Textrovert was the fast paced version of The Cellphones Swap. And that's why I'm not enjoyed this book as much as the wattpad version.

There are a few things I like from
Fafa's Book Corner
DNF

Mini review:

I received this E-ARC via Netgalley and Kids Can Press in exchange for an honest review. I had intially heard about this book back when it was on Wattpad titled The Cell Phone Swap. At the time I DNFed. I saw a friend on GR who added the book and was surprised to see that it was getting published. I decided to give it a go in hope that I would enjoy it and I also really liked Keeley. Unfortunately I did not.

I'm DNFing it for the same reason I did the original book. I am not a f
Brenda Waworga
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Such a fun and cute and light read (but tbh its too light for my taste) .. i like the idea about swap phones but not quite like the main male character think hes arrogant and kinda dumb 😅 but if youre looking for a teenage light read this one can be an option
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)

Review to come!
Hana Bilqisthi
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a digital copy of Textrovert from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I have read the Wattpad version and it is sweet, cute and page turner :D I really like it
So I am excited to see how it come out in print.
The editing is really good.
Question and plot hole that I've been asking when reading Wattpad version is now has been covered up and answered.

Example: In Watpadd version, I was wondering why Keeley and Talon did not lock or put password on their phone be
Scrill
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Textrovert by Lindsey Summers was sweet and super cute. After accidentally grabbing the wrong phone, Keely and Talon get to know each other over the week before they have a chance to exchange the phones to the rightful owners. Under the guise of anonymity they are able to be themselves and get to know each other honestly, or as honestly as it may seem on a surface level. After swapping phones, they still can’t get enough of each other. However, their true identities might actually get in the way ...more
Selene
Aug 19, 2017 rated it liked it
7in7 Read-a-Thon August 14, 2017 - August 20, 2017
6/7
Dena (Batch of Books)
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I’ve had really good luck finding cute YA novels lately. This is one of those sweet books where you know a happy ending is practically guaranteed.

Honestly, this book was a delight to read.

I’ve read so many depressing books recently and this was the pick-me-up I was looking for. There need to be more happy books like this.

Textrovert is about a girl named Keeley accidentally swapping cell phones with a boy named Talon, who takes her phone to football camp. They
lucie
Jul 05, 2017 marked it as dnf
Shelves: in-english, 2017
DNF @ 42%

NOPE.
I give up.
I can‘t read further.

Here's why:
- The third person narrative doesn‘t fit here. It would be much better if it would be written in first person.
- The texts. B-O-R-I-N-G.
- Talon called Keeley in the middle of the night and when she worriedly asked what happend, his response was: ‘Never mind, it‘s nothing.‘ I hate that.
- I didn‘t like any of the characters. They were uninteresting.
- Talon helped Keeley with a complicated math assignment through a phone. How realisti/>Here's
Ariel
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Thank you KCP Loft for the ARC of Textrovert! This was such a cute contemporary read for the summer. I will definitely pick this up in the future.
cyborgcinderella
This book was cute. That's about all I can say about it. It wasn't awful but I didn't love it. It was a quick read and a cute story overall.

I'm a sucker for a "falling in love via text/email/online" story, which was what originally drew me to this book. I thought that part of the story was done well overall, although I don't think they were given enough time to really get to know one another. However, it didn't feel like instalove when they met either and I don't think they ever actu
thebookbitch
Nov 28, 2016 rated it liked it
In no way is this a bad book, I just found it hard because I was comparing Textrovert to the original book that I read on Wattpad known as The Cell Phone Swap. I still really love Lindsey's writing, it flows so well and the characters she creates are so realistic. But my 3 star rating comes from how lacking it is in depth and descriptions. I was left waiting for more in certain scenes but it felt like it cut off early and went straight to the next chapter. And there were certain moments from The ...more
Stephanie
May 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya, ebook, fluff
I liked the premise, and it could have been a cute story...but the writing was fairly bad (large jumps in time and content, awkward dialogue) and the characters had all the depth of a teacup.
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
I received a copy of the book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for a honest review.

3.5 Stars

This was a really quick little read. We follow Keeley and Talon as they accidentally switch phone for a week. Snappy banter and romance ensue. This was a good contemporary filled with all of the tropes we love. It was really addictive for me, and really easy to read.

Things I Liked :
-Kelley & Zach. I’m a sucker for any twin relationship and this one is no different. I like that they are supp/>-Kelley/>/>3.5
Abigail
Overall: 4.5 stars

This book was so good!!! I LOVED it! A good, clean romance is what you need every now and then and this was a great book! It was not as good as some teen ya romances that I have read but it was still good. I loved all of the characters and the plot. There were a few things that were in it that I would not recommend to girls (or guys) under the age of 14 to read. There were a few swear words and another part that wasn't exactly appropiate but not inapptopiate. (Nothi
Sibil
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Jasmine
Grabbed this ARC from a package of ARCs sent to us at work.

Really cute story about a girl and a boy who accidentally swap phones and have to relay messages for each other. With their phone screens between them, they find it easy to confide in one another, making meeting in person that much more exciting and nerve-wracking. But these two may have a lot more in common than they thought.

Overall, I really liked the idea of the story - it was super adorable. I thought the flirty texti
Stephanie
Nov 06, 2016 rated it liked it
I originally got this from NetGalley, but the ARC didn't format well on my Nook and all the texts were missing. Since the texts are obviously an important part of the story, I didn't end up reading it then. It finally came to my library, though, and I was excited . Keely was mostly likable, but was kind of frustrating a lot of times. There were several very cute moments between her and Talon, but I thought Talon was a little too much of a jerk to really ever love him. I felt like the ending was ...more

• A Kiss by Design (Kiss & Tell, #1)
  • Deepest Desires of a Wicked Duke (The Wicked Dukes, #3)
  • The Perfect Catch (Kissing the Enemy, #1)
  • While You're Away (While You're Away, #1)
  • Her Survivor (Black Eagle Ops, #1)
  • Crazy, Sexy, Ghoulish: A Halloween Romance (Crazy, Sexy, Ghoulish, #1)
  • Pushing Her Luck (Lucky in Love, #1)
  • Before Hadley
  • The Fake Boyfriend Experiment (Mapleville High, #5)
  • Any Boy But You (North Pole, Minnesota, #1)
  • Dark Angel
  • Debutante Hill
  • Healing the Soldier's Heart (Brides of Waterloo, #3)
  • The Spirit Chaser (Spirit Chasers, #1)
  • A Kiss in the Dark
  • Breakup Formula (Cherry Knots, #2)
  • July's Promise (Summer, #2)
  • Fragile Brilliance (Shifters & Seers, #1)
Lindsey Summers is self-proclaimed bookworm. Growing up, she begged for new books rather than clothes. It wasn’t until Wattpad that she gained the courage to start writing her own stories. Her first novel, The Cell Phone Swap, has received more than 89 million hits online.

Lindsey credits her aversion to toe closed shoes to being born in Hawaii. While she’ll always be a local girl at heart, she no
“Marathon reading wasn’t for the faint of heart. It took dedication and a big bladder to sit on a chair for hours on end.” 1 likes
“He seemed more excited about finding this cache than kissing her.” 0 likes