Welcome! It looks like you still need
to set up your Goodreads account.
Start by marking “Textrovert” as Want to Read:
Textrovert

Textrovert

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  3,227 Ratings  ·  559 Reviews
Can you fall in ♥ with someone you’ve never met?

Summer is nearly over and Keeley is about to start her senior year when disaster strikes: she picks up the wrong cell phone by mistake. 😞 Just her luck that it belongs to Talon, a totally arrogant jock 🏈 who’s just left for football camp—with her phone. Keeley doesn’t know him, but they’ll need to rely on each other to forwar
Published May 2nd 2017 by Kids Can Press

To ask other readers questions about Textrovert, please sign up.
Alexa Rayne I did. I had read "The Cell Phone Swap" on wattpad and I loved it. So when she published it, I too had to get my hands on a copy. I have to say that…moreI did. I had read "The Cell Phone Swap" on wattpad and I loved it. So when she published it, I too had to get my hands on a copy. I have to say that it was a great read. I loved the edits and little changes she made because it made the story better and more polished.(less)

Sana
Think of every single YA cliché with the cheesiest and corniest lines and I present to you this book. This book is so predictable and cliché and tbh the only reason it got an extra star was because of the funny sexual jokes, I couldn't help but laugh,,, okay?? Don't give me those eyes man, they were some good jokes.

---
uhhhhh no I'm not reading this very short contemporary for my reading challenge.
Nazanin
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 Stars

DNF @ 40%
I like the idea of losing the phone and got familiar with each other through texting but this one was so a bit boring! I tried but I struggled so much. I thought maybe it’s funny but nope I didn’t even crack a smile. So I gave up… Hope you enjoy it more than me!
Hristina
Here's the deal. Is there a good story in this book? Yes there is. Is it told the right way? No.
I feel like the book in the form I read it in isn't the final draft. It's two drafts before the final draft. I liked everything it had to offer, I just didn't like it enough.
If I was the editor I'd say that the dialogue is a bit off, there should be a few more dialogue tabs here and there, the characters need to be worked on and the plot is predictable.
As a reader I had trouble with all of this. It's
Courtney
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of sweet contemporary YA romances
Recommended to Courtney by: Netgalley
Shelves: netgalley, 2017-read
Textrovert by Lindsey Summers, originally published on Wattpad as The Cell Phone Swap, is a sweet YA contemporary romance.

Keeley is celebrating the end of her summer vacation at a local fair with her best friend Nicky and her twin brother Zach when she realizes she lost her phone. Thankfully, after a bit of panicked searching, she manages to find it... Or at least she thinks it's her phone that she found .

Later that night she gets a phone call from a complete stranger telling her that they mu
Tanya
Received from netgalley for an honest review.

3.5 Stars!

Textrovert is a story about two strangers who accidentally switch phones and start a friendship over it. It pretty much a cute high school story about showing your true self and not what people think over you. It pretty much was like Romeo & Juliet with text messages since the main couple were from rival schools where the football teams couldn't stand each other.It also got a little bit of Beauty a
Yoda
Nice slow paste to the story, a lot of dialogue which is often something Im missing in contemporary YA. bonus points for that.

Umaiya ⚡A Far Off Memory⚡

I don't read Wattpad novels.
I have what you call a serious aversion to them.
It's just the lack of professional editing and the amateur approach to an otherwise possibly brilliant plot really makes me cringe.

Knock-Knock.
Who's there?
Boo.
Boo, who?
Boo Hoo you're reading a Wattpad book.

Yeah, yeah. No need to rub it in.
But I couldn't help it. I read the blurb and it was love at first sight.

Cell phone swap is one of my favourite troupes! I love how they fall in love with the person regardless of the ot
Alice
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
A nice and simple book. It's good to read these simple books once in a while.
Four cute stars
Stacy Fetters
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
"What I wish is that you didn't exist. When are you coming back?
In a week.
What am I supposed to do till then?
Dream of me. Word on the street is I'm pretty impressive if you know what I mean 😉"

I won this book in a Goodreads first reads giveaway. Opinion is my own!

I've always wanted a man with dreamy eyes to sweep me off my feet and call me baby doll. And then I woke up from my dream, glad I wasn't a sixteen-year-old girl anymore and poked my gorgeous husband.

Imagine this.... you lose your ph
Deborah
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it

This was cute, fun, and perfect for summer. I really liked Keeley's and Zach's relationship. I'm all for supportive and loving siblings. I thought more time was going to be spent in anonymity but I still liked how it played out. I wish Nicky had more to do/ more of a presence. By the end you started to feel the back-and-forth but it made sense. Overall, I enjoyed this and had a good time reading it.
Fafa's Book Corner
DNF

Mini review:

I received this E-ARC via Netgalley and Kids Can Press in exchange for an honest review. I had intially heard about this book back when it was on Wattpad titled The Cell Phone Swap. At the time I DNFed. I saw a friend on GR who added the book and was surprised to see that it was getting published. I decided to give it a go in hope that I would enjoy it and I also really liked Keeley. Unfortunately I did not.

I'm DNFing it for the same reason I did the original book. I am not a f
Olivia (The Candid Cover)

Review to come!
Ezgi Tülü
I'm a little sad to give this book 3 stars because it feels a lot like betraying my 16-year-old self, who read this when it was titled The Cell Phone Swap , and who waited for new chapters day and night. It was a bittersweet experience--to once again read about Keeley and Talon, the characters I've grown to love when I used to write my own stories on Wattpad.

The thing is, I really appreciate what they did with this book. As The Cell Phone Swap, the book was long, sometimes pointlessly long, and
Scrill
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Textrovert by Lindsey Summers was sweet and super cute. After accidentally grabbing the wrong phone, Keely and Talon get to know each other over the week before they have a chance to exchange the phones to the rightful owners. Under the guise of anonymity they are able to be themselves and get to know each other honestly, or as honestly as it may seem on a surface level. After swapping phones, they still can’t get enough of each other. However, their true identities might actually get in the way ...more
Luzmila♡
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, top-2017
Me ha encantado! Me pareció de lo más bonito que hay, lo amé mucho❤
Selene Matheson

NOPE.
I give up.
I can‘t read further.

Here's why:
- The third person narrative doesn‘t fit here. It would be much better if it would be written in first person.
- The texts. B-O-R-I-N-G.
- Talon called Keeley in the middle of the night and when she worriedly asked what happend, his response was: ‘Never mind, it‘s nothing.‘ I hate that.
- I didn‘t like any of the characters. They were uninteresting.
- Talon helped Keeley with a complicated math assignment through a phone. How realistic is that
Hana Bilqisthi
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a digital copy of Textrovert from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I have read the Wattpad version and it is sweet, cute and page turner :D I really like it
So I am excited to see how it come out in print.
The editing is really good.
Question and plot hole that I've been asking when reading Wattpad version is now has been covered up and answered.

Example: In Watpadd version, I was wondering why Keeley and Talon did not lock or put password on their phone because many people a
Ariel
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Thank you KCP Loft for the ARC of Textrovert! This was such a cute contemporary read for the summer. I will definitely pick this up in the future.
Justine
Aug 19, 2017 added it
Shelves: owned-books
C'était mignon. Ça manquait bien sûr de relief et c'était cliché au possible (encore des quaterbacks trop beaux, qui auraient pu s'en douter ? haha), mais ça se lit vite.
cyborgcinderella
Apr 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaway-wins
This book was cute. That's about all I can say about it. It wasn't awful but I didn't love it. It was a quick read and a cute story overall.

I'm a sucker for a "falling in love via text/email/online" story, which was what originally drew me to this book. I thought that part of the story was done well overall, although I don't think they were given enough time to really get to know one another. However, it didn't feel like instalove when they met either and I don't think they ever actually said th
Galena Sanz
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cuando empecé a leer este libro no sabía qué me iba a encontrar, aunque esperaba una lectura ligera para el verano y si podía ser, divertida.

Puedo decir que ha sido mucho mejor de lo que me esperaba, me ha encantado. Textrovert es una historia que tiene algo que me gusta mucho: humor. Entre los protagonistas hay un pique muy divertido y los diálogos son ingeniosos y divertidos, lo que hace que enganche un montón. Hay una gran tensión entre Keely y Talon, así que la trama amorosa es de las que me
Stephanie
Nov 06, 2016 rated it liked it
I originally got this from NetGalley, but the ARC didn't format well on my Nook and all the texts were missing. Since the texts are obviously an important part of the story, I didn't end up reading it then. It finally came to my library, though, and I was excited . Keely was mostly likable, but was kind of frustrating a lot of times. There were several very cute moments between her and Talon, but I thought Talon was a little too much of a jerk to really ever love him. I felt like the ending was ...more
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
I received a copy of the book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for a honest review.

3.5 Stars

This was a really quick little read. We follow Keeley and Talon as they accidentally switch phone for a week. Snappy banter and romance ensue. This was a good contemporary filled with all of the tropes we love. It was really addictive for me, and really easy to read.

Things I Liked :
-Kelley & Zach. I’m a sucker for any twin relationship and this one is no different. I like that they are su
La
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wrap-up-verano
4/5 🌟
A ver.... dar puntuación a este libro ha sido súper complicado... pq realmente ha sido una montaña rusa: comenzó súper bn, más o menos en la mitad se aflojo bastante la historia, pero hacía el final ha mejorado muchísimo. A mi me da la impresión que la idea de este libro es buenísima y original, pero la autora no ha sabido llevarla en algunas partes... si la novela entera hubiera estado escrita como lo está en el final sería una historia buenísima. Al final le he dado 4 estrellas pq es lo q
Imnothing
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Libro entretenido del palo: chica sin apenas vida social conoce a chico deportista y popular.
-¿Me gustan este tipo de historias? No
-¿Es entretenido? Sí.
-¿Faltan descripciones? Sí, y bastantes.
-¿Se lee rápido? También sí.
-¿Te hace desconectar? Sí de nuevo.
-¿Es real? Pues no.
-¿Qué si sé como es Keels y Talón? Salvo los ojos azules de Talón, los demás no sé que forma tiene.
-¿Es cliché? Si has leído la parte de la antisocial y el deportista que acaban enamorados... ya sabrás que sí lo es.
-¿La protag
Abigail
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overall: 4.5 stars

This book was so good!!! I LOVED it! A good, clean romance is what you need every now and then and this was a great book! It was not as good as some teen ya romances that I have read but it was still good. I loved all of the characters and the plot. There were a few things that were in it that I would not recommend to girls (or guys) under the age of 14 to read. There were a few swear words and another part that wasn't exactly appropiate but not inapptopiate. (Nothing to do wit
Sibil
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Eva
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-books
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this. A light, thoughtful piece of the YA-verse, with plot twists that keep piling up. Plus, I think it's really cool that the author first published this on Wattpad.
Lindsey Summers is self-proclaimed bookworm. Growing up, she begged for new books rather than clothes. It wasn’t until Wattpad that she gained the courage to start writing her own stories. Her first novel, The Cell Phone Swap, has received more than 89 million hits online.

Lindsey credits her aversion to toe closed shoes to being born in Hawaii. While she’ll always be a local girl at heart, she no
More about Lindsey Summers